Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 11-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #26
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: A WARNING; Heads up, 2009 August/September time.

[QUOTE=Carol;88321]If the grid is going down one would likely be expecting a CME or something from the heavens that would impact orbiting satillites.

Thats exactly what I thought of Carol.
Being prepared is of course just good common sense BUT everyone, please remember nothing is set in stone. NOTHING. Do not breed fear - everything will, as always. happen as its supposed to

Be Safe
Peace
Iain
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:31 PM   #27
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Ammit I feel the same as you
I'm more frightened of what other people will do and what I will do to them if they try to interfere with me or my loved ones.
Hopefully I will just make myself invisable and keep out of their way.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #28
Sol Invictus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainl140285 View Post
Do not breed fear
I am not breeding fear. I am telling you though about sensible, rational well thought of professional people who have said in stark terms ' be ready'. They say sept 2009, i'll be ready middle of august at the latest.

If you want to live and let live, then I will never, ever say anything against decisions made by others that effect them and not me.
Sol Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:23 PM   #29
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Another data point - Half Past Human's 2009 summer of/from Hell. I read the Urban Survival pages every day (George Ure's economic comments, but he is also talking self-sufficiency. I'm sure as we get closer to it, the actual "details" will flush out more.
alys

http://www.urbansurvival.com
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:41 PM   #30
eurosceptic
Avalon Senior Member

Unless I am mistaken, Boriska the 'Indigo' child in Russia, has also also predicted floods in Russia starting around August 2009???
eurosceptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #31
whalerider
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyscat View Post
Another data point - Half Past Human's 2009 summer of/from Hell. I read the Urban Survival pages every day (George Ure's economic comments, but he is also talking self-sufficiency. I'm sure as we get closer to it, the actual "details" will flush out more.
alys

If you are wondering where the TRILLIONS in bailout money is going:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object...14C8QR.DTL&o=0
whalerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #32
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
I am not breeding fear. I am telling you though about sensible, rational well thought of professional people who have said in stark terms ' be ready'. They say sept 2009, i'll be ready middle of august at the latest.

If you want to live and let live, then I will never, ever say anything against decisions made by others that effect them and not me.

Hi Sol, that was not directed at you specifically.
If anything I would hope that all who knew of a coming event would be brave enough to share that info.

It was more in reference to the speculation on what MIGHT occur. Floods, earthquakes, CMEs, people killing for food. Although all possibilities, that is just what they are - possibilities. If we all hunker down in our bunkers prepared to kill in defense or for food we are kinda going against what Avalon is about.

We are all capable of more, that I promise you. What if everyone banded together if/when a crisis occurs?
Lets start preparing for that if this thing is going to happen

Pecae, love and light
Regards
Iain
Old 11-28-2008, 04:34 PM   #33
whalerider
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyscat View Post
alys

A great link from urbansurvival today is:

http://www.goodmagazine.com/section/...ew_nostradamus

From that article, here is the best solution to the Israel/Palestine conflict that I've EVER heard:
Recently, he’s applied his science to come up with some novel ideas on how to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. “In my view, it is a mistake to look for strategies that build mutual trust because it ain’t going to happen. Neither side has any reason to trust the other, for good reason,” he says. “Land for peace is an inherently flawed concept because it has a fundamental commitment problem. If I give you land on your promise of peace in the future, after you have the land, as the Israelis well know, it is very costly to take it back if you renege. You have an incentive to say, ‘You made a good step, it’s a gesture in the right direction, but I thought you were giving me more than this. I can’t give you peace just for this, it’s not enough.’ Conversely, if we have peace for land—you disarm, put down your weapons, and get rid of the threats to me and I will then give you the land—the reverse is true: I have no commitment to follow through. Once you’ve laid down your weapons, you have no threat.”

Bueno de Mesquita’s answer to this dilemma, which he discussed with the former Israeli prime minister and recently elected Labor leader Ehud Barak, is a formula that guarantees mutual incentives to cooperate. “In a peaceful world, what do the Palestinians anticipate will be their main source of economic viability? Tourism. This is what their own documents say. And, of course, the Israelis make a lot of money from tourism, and that revenue is very easy to track. As a starting point requiring no trust, no mutual cooperation, I would suggest that all tourist revenue be [divided by] a fixed formula based on the current population of the region, which is roughly 40 percent Palestinian, 60 percent Israeli. The money would go automatically to each side. Now, when there is violence, tourists don’t come. So the tourist revenue is automatically responsive to the level of violence on either side for both sides. You have an accounting firm that both sides agree to, you let the U.N. do it, whatever. It’s completely self-enforcing, it requires no cooperation except the initial agreement by the Israelis that they are going to turn this part of the revenue over, on a fixed formula based on population, to some international agency, and that’s that.”
whalerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:39 PM   #34
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

Quote: It was more in reference to the speculation on what MIGHT occur. Floods, earthquakes, CMEs, people killing for food. Although all possibilities, that is just what they are - possibilities. If we all hunker down in our bunkers prepared to kill in defense or for food we are kinda going against what Avalon is about.

Ok, what will you do hand over your food with a welcome back anytime voucher?.

Yes, they are possibillities, but very real ones the same as the forum is possillities but because of this forum you as you say "hunker down in your bunker", why does this site make you think at some stage you may need to.
Having come from a big uk city, and witnessed murder for a teaspoon full of drugs, homes robbed while you sat watching tv and my friends brother put in hospital as a cabbage for £5 in his wallet.

Possibillities, more a reality then you think my friend.
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #35
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammit View Post
Quote: It was more in reference to the speculation on what MIGHT occur. Floods, earthquakes, CMEs, people killing for food. Although all possibilities, that is just what they are - possibilities. If we all hunker down in our bunkers prepared to kill in defense or for food we are kinda going against what Avalon is about.

Ok, what will you do hand over your food with a welcome back anytime voucher?.

Yes, they are possibillities, but very real ones the same as the forum is possillities but because of this forum you as you say "hunker down in your bunker", why does this site make you think at some stage you may need to.
Having come from a big uk city, and witnessed murder for a teaspoon full of drugs, homes robbed while you sat watching tv and my friends brother put in hospital as a cabbage for £5 in his wallet.

Possibillities, more a reality then you think my friend.
Yes thats what I'll do - make up vouchers and food stamps! Come on. Im not talking about feeding the thousands. If groups of neighbours band together it will be a lot safer.

And yes - certain posts on this forum suggest (to me) that people are preparing to go it alone.

Lets continue this line of thought in Sept.
Until then, I'll keep

Best Regards
Iain
Old 11-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #36
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

ok, let me explain what I plan for my neibours or anyone else I find who , if this happens may need help..

I am setting up a system of water containers 120 gallons each, my garden by then would have produced as last year an abundance of food, packed and stored ready for use, I have almost completed 4 barrell turbines each capable of about 1kW.

This is done at my own expense as I cannot bunker down anywhere and will have to ride it out with my family and my nearest neibours. The power if the grid goes down would not only be for lighting mine and others houses but also to keep freezers working as this is the most convenient way to preserve food and most people nowadays have an abundance of frozen whatever that could keep them going that little bit longer.

My hope is that if things go wrong then, when the neibours are in shock and dont know what to do, I can gather them up, share things out and maybe help them work as a community.

Only a thought, but I think its a nice one.
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #37
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

Thats all you can do ammit, and there should be plenty of nuts and berries about around that time of year, i'm fed up with tesco's poison anyway.
feardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #38
tacodog
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
Hi all.

The information is from people whom I trust 100%.

Chile, India, Canada (west coast) are all locations people have fled to, as well as Southern and central Spain.

Also, they are going underground.

Now, I am NOT in the position to leave the UK or even move locations.

However, I am fully planning on having enough food and water supplies to last this period should an event arise.

I am also searching VERY hard for suitable underground locations.

Why the West Coast (Canada)? I am Pacific Northwest Canada, right by the sea.......
tacodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #39
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Talking Re: A WARNING; Heads up, 2009 August/September time.

Day to Day there's events unfolding, I often wonder how is it possible for us to remain alive in this planet when we are doing everything possible to destroy the very thing that is giving us life. I do believe the Earth itself is protecting us. Despite the irresponsible acts against the ecosystem of this planet the planet is working 24/7 to keep us alive. Our egos are so big as to think ourselves the center of everything. Wether we survive a major catastrophe or not , something needs to change within our concious, I do believe unconciously the planet is forcing us to evolve. Continuing on this self destructive path will eventually extinguish the human race from the face of this planet. Little by little we are finally learning our lesson and several groups have evolved to stop the self destruction of all. Is easy to point the fingers to others and think ourselves free of guilt, is time to take action stand your ground and fight against the very thing destroying our planet, ourselves. Be grateful to this planet for every breath we take, do not take anything for granted be humble enough to accept that there's things beyond our control. May we all evolve to see a future of concious humility and gratitude to the very thing giving all of us life mother earth.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #40
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammit View Post
ok, let me explain what I plan for my neibours or anyone else I find who , if this happens may need help..

I am setting up a system of water containers 120 gallons each, my garden by then would have produced as last year an abundance of food, packed and stored ready for use, I have almost completed 4 barrell turbines each capable of about 1kW.

This is done at my own expense as I cannot bunker down anywhere and will have to ride it out with my family and my nearest neibours. The power if the grid goes down would not only be for lighting mine and others houses but also to keep freezers working as this is the most convenient way to preserve food and most people nowadays have an abundance of frozen whatever that could keep them going that little bit longer.

My hope is that if things go wrong then, when the neibours are in shock and dont know what to do, I can gather them up, share things out and maybe help them work as a community.

Only a thought, but I think its a nice one.
A tip for freezers is to fill empty milk cartons with water and layer them along the bottom and sides of your freezer. Dry ice is good to have on hand as well. One can also bury an insulated container using the same formula of frozen milk containers with food in the middle. Insulate with stray bales is another way to go.. only line the outside of the bales with a heavy grade plastic to prevent seapage and rotting. Meats really are best if smoked or dried where they can be rehydrated later. However, I've been storing dry salami and cheese which is covered in wax which protects it as well. Basics... oatmeal, rice, seed sprouts, wheat, pasta, spices, sugar, powered milk, dehydrated fruits and vegetables, water. Materials to build hydroponic system.. cheap.. I'll get both the plans and material list to everyone on the forum.

Check out www.friendlyaquaponics.com They are building their website and are at the cutting edge of producing nutricious, fast growing (1/2 the time) food production. Complete system grows fish, prawns, fruit and vetetables.

Last edited by Carol; 11-28-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #41
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

yes the END GAME is deffinitly near this thankksgiving my whole family was

talkin about the economy and how bad it is i deff heard the depression word

being tossed around a bunch of times i think it is becoming clear to everyone

both us and the ones still asleep something is deff going wrong i plan on

starting to prepare a simple survival book n decent tools could halp ne1 i

suggest other people do the same

good luck
joe2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #42
Sol Invictus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodog View Post
Why the West Coast (Canada)? I am Pacific Northwest Canada, right by the sea.......

Because its where they have located themselves. its where they weighed up their odds and own experiences and said 'right, this is close enough to remote areas and good water sources'.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #43
Sol Invictus
Banned

Joe we are heading for possibly the perfect storm.

World economy shattered, world food production and reserves at an all time low, unemployemnet spiralling out of control, weather - the sun is doing what at this minute? the skies are doing what? the magnetic pole shifting about like a salsa dancer...

Some things coming and I pray to God we all ride the storm out and come out the other side a bit weary, a bit battered and bruised, but alive, survivors and ready to face a whole new dawn.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #44
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: A WARNING; Heads up, 2009 August/September time.

ok what im really worried about is these winds i know goerge green talked

about them in some of his interveiws what is your opinion? do u think they are

deff going to happen because that would make surface life very hard and

unfortunately i have know way of going underground will they just hit certain

areas
joe2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #45
golden lady
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Sol, thank you for the warning. All of this quite unsettling. I was just begining to feel a little more relaxed about things, maybe the calm before the storm! I have just a couple of questions/points, I hope you don't mind?
Are your friends thinking of returning to the uk after the 3months?
I know you said they didn't know what the 'event might be, but what was their best guess, if any?
If the event was to do with CMEs how would anyone know of a safe location?
You say goverments worldwide are preparing, the people you speak of, are their friends (in their professional field) in other countries also relocating?
Sorry for the questions, just trying to make sence of it all.
Love, peace and courage to all.
Golden.
golden lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #46
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Joe this is the best site I've found for survival tips http://www.nobull****survival.com/

IMO Geogre Green is full of poo, I don't rate him at all, just seems like some sad git on a ego trip to me.

People with stores of food I would recommend you start to burry some of it in the garden, if it does get bad you can guarantee someone is going to coming looking in your house to see what you have and they will take it if they can, so better to be safe than sorry and have a back up supply just in case.

Grr!!! Stupid fecking word censor has censored the link I posted

It should say http://www.nobulls ... hitsurvival.com/
I forgot we are all just 12 years old and must be protected from naughty words

Last edited by Swanny; 11-28-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #47
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I'm probably wrong but from what I've read CME's wont hurt us, but electrical things won't be much good, so maybe make yourself a Faraday cage and chuck your iPod etc in that.
I also read that they can only predict these up to 1 hour in advance, so I don't think it is CME's these people are hiding from.

I remember a couple of months ago a radio station having a tape of someone from England buying a house somewhere in USA and telling people to get out of the UK, http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=3786 so I'm not going to lose much sleep over this one, but I think I may go on holiday to Spain at the end of August just in case

Last edited by Swanny; 11-28-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:25 PM   #48
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Hey Swammy a vacation is a good idea just make sure you don't vacation on a island just in case a tzunami comes crashing to the shores, not much preparation you can do in this case except get a surf board or a boat and go to higher ground.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #49
Sol Invictus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2288 View Post

about them in some of his interveiws what is your opinion? do u think they are

deff going to happen because that would make surface life very hard and

unfortunately i have know way of going underground will they just hit certain

areas
If those winds happen and we have an hours warning I don't think anythings going to survive. BUT, and its a big but - my friends are going for a period of 3 months and they are going to remote areas as i said of chile, Western Canada and South and Central spain. With underground access. They are planning on sitting it out at / in their areas near enough to just zip in should ANYTHING occur.

I am just grateful for the heads up to be honest.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:23 PM   #50
Sol Invictus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden lady View Post
Hi Sol, thank you for the warning. All of this quite unsettling. I was just begining to feel a little more relaxed about things, maybe the calm before the storm! I have just a couple of questions/points, I hope you don't mind?
Are your friends thinking of returning to the uk after the 3months?
I know you said they didn't know what the 'event might be, but what was their best guess, if any?
If the event was to do with CMEs how would anyone know of a safe location?
You say goverments worldwide are preparing, the people you speak of, are their friends (in their professional field) in other countries also relocating?
Sorry for the questions, just trying to make sence of it all.
Love, peace and courage to all.
Golden.
A) They will if they can. Most though i.e. Steph in Canada and the ones going to Chile plan on being longer if not permanent.

b) Best guess was an event that is either a space event with massive energies strike from the telecomms, Comet and a major exo-solar event from Agriculture and finally a sea hit by a comet off the greenland coast and a volcanoe triggerd that goes major disaster time.
All the above are guesses based on time being planned for, and the amount of chaos predicted. Though i stress it is their opinions NOT fact.

We talked about a major solar event like this, and every one agreed that IF it is solar, then those not already underground have little or no chance - Hence people not taking that chance and waiting in or near underground areas. However, from the planning already talked over, food, health, law and order are expected to be near zero and major casualties are expected because of the hospital stocking way higher than it needs to.

As for professionals in other countries - well, professionals from Chile and canada are taking in our people and making ready.

As for Spain i think thats just luck this person already is half spanish and knows the mountains and its people.