Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 10-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
mauioneness

Default Don't Manage Your Fear...Experience it Fully!!

Aloha!!!

I wanted to talk about an important issue here....FEAR!!! First of all it is natural for all of us to feel it during these times of transition!! No matter how knowledgeable we are, no matter how prepared we think we are, we will still feel it. As we think about what could happen we will sometimes feel fear. As we think about how whatever happens will affect us, our friends and our loved ones we could experience fear, anxiety or sadness. When "stuff" hits the fan, it is simply a natural biological response. None of us are above that and none of us need to pretend we are above it. It's OK!!!

So what to do with that fear...

When you experience any feeling or emotion fully and completely it turns to Bliss or Peace. Sounds crazy I know, but it is true. The problem is that we don't allow ourselves to fully experience anything negative, instead we distract ourselves. When that happens we just push it deeper into the body which means we will get to experience it later on a grander scale. This is not what we want!

If we can simply go into and fully experience that fear, something amazing and beautiful happens. The more we can go through this process of experiencing fear or any other negative emotion fully our overall suffering systematically decreases.

So how do you fully experience fear or any other negative emotion???

Any emotion or feeling produces a physical sensation of discomfort in the body, for me when I experience fear or anxiety I feel it as a knot in my chest.

What you want to do is focus your attention like a laser beam on that physical sensation of discomfort. So focus either on your chest or your solar plexus or your gut, or wherever in your body you are feeling it!

As you do this, your mind will try to pull you away from that discomfort, that is it's job in that moment! Nobody likes feeling discomfort, so it will distract you. It will distract you in many ways, one way would be to simply pull the focus off the place in the body you are focused on and draw your attention to something else. It may start telling a story about the emotion you are feeling, it may start blaming either you are someone else for the fact that you are experiencing this fear or emotion.

It may try to use a concept or philosophy to down play the fear. The list of ways it tries to escape feeling that pain or discomfort is too numerous to count. The mind will do what the mind will do...DO NOT TRY TO STOP IT, that would be totally futile and actually just another distraction! What you want to do is simply notice the mind escaping, just simply having the awareness of the escape route will stop it. As you notice you are telling a story or blaming, your mind will stop that form of escape and then you simply bring your focus back to the physical discomfort in the body. Shining your awareness on the escape route is sort of like putting down a road block.

You will do this process over and over, maybe as much as once every 3 or 4 seconds, as the mind is quick and really wants to escape discomfort at all cost. You will eventually come to a point when you are simply able to hold your focus on the physical discomfort with the mind silent as all of its escape routes have been noticed. In that moment that you are simply focusing on the physical sensation, simply feeling the discomfort with no mind interference, this is a holy moment. You are actually experiencing the emotion, you are experiencing the "what is", the present moment, instead of experiencing the mind going round and round about the emotion.

In this moment you want to ask for Grace, from whoever or whatever you deem to be a higher power that you personally relate with. Whether this be the Divine, God, Jesus, Buddha, Your Higher Self, The Universe, Allah, Golden Energy etc... Ask for the Grace to release you from this fear or whatever negative emotion you are experiencing. After you ask simply put your attention back on the physical discomfort and experience it fully!

If you can get to this point and simply experience what is there, then magic will unfold. Your physical body may start to shake as the emotion is physically released from the cells of your body. In my experience, the physical discomfort could get worse and worse depending on how strong and deep the emotion is stored in your body. However, at some point it will release and you will feel bliss or peace. It does not always get physically uncomfortable, but know that it is OK if it does.

This is an extremely useful tool in times like these. Imagine the freedom you will have if no matter what emotion you experience it could turn to Bliss. This freedom is your birth right. It takes some practice, but it will happen.

Now if "stuff" is hitting the fan around you and you need to take action this is not the time to sit and experience the pain fully obviously. This would be a time to take immediate action. We can talk more about techniques that could help you in a crisis situation later. Please if you have any questions on what I have shared here, please ask!!

Many Blessings to you all !!!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
eurosceptic
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Don't Manage Your Fear...Experience it Fully!!

thanks for that
eurosceptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
Shikasta
Avalon Senior Member

VERY timely post "mauioneness"!!!

I can imagine this as being 'sticky' at the top of all the forums, which everyone coming into Project Avalon is encouraged to read and put into practice!

Can you imagine what THAT would do to the tone of the posts being made?

Blessings to all.

PS I have a very good friend living on Maui with her partner and red cloud kelpy dog called Rosy. They are also 'into' issues of global ecology and 'forward planning'!!
Shikasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
Racsouran
Banned

what to do with fear?, accept it as a part of ourselves. people use fear to divide, to make people not to trust people who feel fear, etc. but all that is pure ********. accept what you deny to grow, nothing more.

donīt deny what you are, an fear is a pārt of what you are.

When you learn to use fear, your power becomes multiplied. Fear is your friend, because when your manage to establish a simple relation with it, your life becomes multipled. Listen to yourself, listen to your fear, respect yourself, respect your feelings of fear.

donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,, donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!,,

if you are afraid of that, you are a prisoner of that fear of the fear.

feel imperfct, feel unlovely, feel just what you feel you are, not perfect love, light and spirit: just ,dont be so cruel with yourself, forget the world, forget everything, forget project avalon, etc; give yourself an opportunity to give love to yourself. Unconditional and infinite love, just try to give a sincere hug to yourself, what the ****.

donīt be afraid of feeling fear!!!!

be HUMAN!

Last edited by Racsouran; 10-04-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Racsouran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
Sarahmay
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks, I needed to hear this. Bump it up!
Sarahmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Thanks a lot for this wonderfull post!

I trained myself to stay with whatever feeling or emotion that came up.
Any reaction I felt to outside events or circumstances would make me stop for a few seconds, breath, stay with the reaction and then , magically, it dissolved.

I want to recommend Michael Brown for all of who are attracted to this and read him.
Search his name on the net if you will.......... PresencePortal.

Jenny.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #7
mauioneness

Yes as Rascouran says....Don't be afraid to feel fear! You will see that your mind and body start doing funny things when you just let yourself drop into the tiger's mouth as they say! It is part of who we are; it is us! We all accept our positive emotions with open arms, but we will feel a twinge of negativity, we have been trained to snap out of it and think positive. The fact is that if we can face our "so called" negative emotions head on and release these charges stored deep in our body the natural result is spending more time in our "positive" loving and more powerful states.

We call the "negative" side of us and the feelings associated with them "the dark side" of us. It is not the "dark side" it is simply us. We are a package deal and if we can simply accept that fact, it makes life much easier!!

I spent some time in India recently and there is something fascinating happening there called the Oneness Blessing! It originates out of a place called the Oneness University in Southern India! The whole purpose of the Oneness University is to help people through this shift on our planet with ease and grace. It is basically a gift of grace that helps people see and stay with their fears/other negative emotions and to release them. It also puts people into very blissful states sometimes. This helps people stay centered and gives them a tangible awareness of their connection to their inner divinity. It is really beautiful and has helped me tremendously. If you go to www.onenessnorthamerica.org you can find Blessing Givers near you. I would HIGHLY recommend it!! They have dedicated their lives to helping humanity through this shift!

The key is to stay connected to your inner divinity in whatever way you can, whether that is through spending time in nature, meditation, singing, painting, spending time with loved ones, praying, Oneness Blessing etc...whatever works for you! Take time each day to do this and you will be able to be more aware of your inner guidance, which will keep you safe no matter what! I have found that the Oneness Blessing gets me their IMMEDIATELY and I am so grateful to have this gift in my life and I love to share it with anyone that will listen!!

Be Quiet!! Become Aware of your Deep Inner Connection!! Act from a place of centeredness, connection, love and power!!! It's perfectly fine to feel Fear, but we don't want to act from fear unless of course it's an emergency situation and our lives are in danger. In that case fear is obviously there to help us preserve life and is a gift ; )

We are all in this together, we are not alone and there is comfort in that! Much Love to you all!
Old 10-05-2008, 01:52 AM   #8
Peace of Mine
Avalon Senior Member

Default Such a Timely Reminder...

Thanks for naming what many of us are feeling. Yes, somewhere in our spiritual journey, we learned to zero in on the place within the body that holds our discomfort. It is such a simple tool, but oh, so powerful.

When I stop and focus on my body, it always knows where the feeling is stuck. I have watched walls that were built over years of relationship angst tumble down in one thoughtful session. The relationship (with my mother) was forever transformed because I released into total love and acceptance.

This is the perfect time to let our bodies lead us by giving sanctity to our feelings. Thanks for such a timely reminder!
Peace of Mine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:48 AM   #9
Luigis Mushroom
Avalon Senior Member

Amazing post, as it happens something occurred just moments before that cause me intense feelings of fear and I noticed how my mind tried grabbing at anything it could but I've begun to realize how futile it is to hold onto anything.
Luigis Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote