Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 10-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #2
Esther
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Really Cheap Land (esp. in the Southwest)

There is a website that offers land in the area of San Luis Colorado and I do not know of any other place that sells this low:

www.radiusland.com

No closing costs, you can skip one payment if in any trouble. And right now they are having a sale. I just bought some land from them and curiosly enough it was the 11th day at 11 am. San Luis sits on a valley formed in the middle and surrounded by the Rocky Mountains. For me it is a special place because of the area names and the settlers last name which is mine! It was the first town established in Colorado. I know the area well.

They also have land in some other states. As always it is good to purchase land near water.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:42 AM   #3
Shellie
Banned

Yes, water- my biggest qualm about the Southwest. Diverting water there because of the population boom will be one of the worst environmental disasters yet.

Those links about also have land available in other areas- upstate New York, Oregon, Montana etc.. Most land in the SW is open and arid which is not ideal for veggie gardens but is better suited as ranches. There are a few nuggets of gold in the chaff, but for those who cannot afford a lot or just need a bug-out place away from the cities to pitch a tent for a few weeks, this may be the solution.
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:48 AM   #4
Esther
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellie View Post
Yes, water- my biggest qualm about the Southwest. Diverting water there because of the population boom will be one of the worst environmental disasters yet.

Those links about also have land available in other areas- upstate New York, Oregon, Montana etc.. Most land in the SW is open and arid which is not ideal for veggie gardens but is better suited as ranches. There are a few nuggets of gold in the chaff, but for those who cannot afford a lot or just need a bug-out place away from the cities to pitch a tent for a few weeks, this may be the solution.

It took me a while, but I learned how to plant in the desert. And have a garden with several important herbs, flowers and some crops. Growing food is really hard. One never knows what issue comes up to jeopardize one's efforts. It took almost 5 years since I come from the tropics in which you grow roots if you stand a few seconds on the ground. San Luis Valley is farming area.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:23 AM   #5
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Dang, no listings for the Northeast. Would love to buy cheap land and build something on it or even a house.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:10 AM   #6
Shellie
Banned

Keep looking. I saw some properties in upstate New York and a few in Michigan and Minnesota. There was a really nice 42-acre property in Maine that ran against the Canadian border (but it was a little expensive!).

You can always use a MLS search or even a foreclosure list if you can it from your bank. Most real estate agents will give you a foreclosure list for free.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:17 AM   #7
gordon
Avalon Senior Member

Are there any cheap land and-or house and land packages in Australia?
gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:19 AM   #8
Shellie
Banned

http://www.permacult.com.au/
Old 10-19-2008, 06:54 PM   #9
indigoblue
Avalon Senior Member

Hello everyone......does anyone here have any info on cheap land in Canada?
indigoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoblue View Post

This is a time of many foreclosures...

Get familiar with land auctions..

If you have any cash or credit... and a little patience... you can buy properties at these auctions dirt cheap...

You may no always see something... you WILL be outbid many times by the big boys...

BUT they are not at every auction every day

Bank repos... It is possible to get properties buy simply taking over an existing payment...

Tax repos... It is possible to get properties by paying the back taxes... You then have a two year period in which the original owner can buy it back... but if he defaulted in the first place... chances of them coming up with all that money plus what you put into it are slim to zero either case you only lose time

Buy outs... Someone you know is about to lose the house? You have cash? Buy them out take over the payments...

Sound cruel? They are about to lose everything... You give them a way out, some cash and they walk away with something, and no repo on their credit...
You bring the payments current and everyone wins... They are happy, you are happy, the bank is happy

Those are the secrets of the Big Guys... you can pay several thousnads for a real estate course... Save the money Info is online for free

I see signs all over saying will buy your house for cash.... THIS is what they do

Or you can buy cheap land out in the desert that no one wants, or way up north in Canada

But check to see if that comes with the water rights... because most do not
Old 10-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #11
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoblue View Post
Years ago the government was opening areas in the North... they gave out plots of land cheap around lakes (Apsley Ontario for us)... You had two years to build on it or lose it... there were no services at the beginning... we brought every 2x4 over the lake by rent a boats

Now THAT was a memory

Now that property is worth 300,000 and has all the services Roads, power etc...

Check with the Ministry if there are any areas that are being opened... usually its in the North though

As for tax sales
http://www.canadiantaxsales.ca/

Also look here
http://www.snapuprealestate.ca/news/

Last edited by zorgon; 10-19-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:55 PM   #12
Shellie
Banned

new addition.... www.landwatch.com