Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #26
efields
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vilcabamba, Ecuador
Posts: 134
Thumbs up Re: The use of the word "sheeple"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
hahahahahahahahahhaha Oh thats a good one.

They are called sheeple because like a flock they will trample and run from anything that threatens their group 'well being'.

Where to start? 'they' act like a flock, they bleat like a flock, they respond like a flock and need a shepherd every step of their lives or else they panic like a flock. (No disrespect meant to the sheep though - its the humans that are a disgrace).

You won't ever help the masses, you will never get a message across to the masses because of the very nature of 'the masses'. They want group protection, they want, they crave group acceptance, and will trample any one who even dares try to 'help guide them or show them the way out of the pen'.

Two words.

DAVID + ICKE.

Group mind howled him down for decades. His very name was known through the masses and yet a handful alone started to read his works. I read them from the very beggining even though I worked inside the establishment.

I know what you will lose if you step from the pen, I know what will be the groups punishment if you dare upset the status qou... I stepped from the flock though, against the protests of many of my fellow 'thinkers'.
I'll call them sheeple until the very day they start acting as sentinent, seperate, individuals with their own opinions and own minds distinct from 'what the group thinks', start thinking about more than whats on television, more than what football scores are next week, and think further afield than their localised vicinity and start paying attention to the world they live in.
Thank you YES
efields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #27
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So.Cal
Posts: 156
Default Re: The use of the word "sheeple"

Seems that not only the word "sheeple" divides.
The psychological desire to label, is where it starts.

Words, period, if used to explain why you agree or disagree, will enable division.
But the words aren't the dividers, the desire to be right, is.

Existing on this planet with others is what we're doing. We're having an experience.
We can get caught up in the psychology of polarizing, or not.
There came a time when I had to ask myself, "How free do you want to be?"
The freedom of awareness without labels, emotional polarizing, consequences or fear, feels good.
This is an experience.
When I label the experience or it's people as good or bad, it is only my vibration that changes. If I instead, appreciate the contrast, harmony exists.

How free do you want to be?

CW
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:07 AM   #28
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member
 
Humble Janitor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,201
Default Re: The use of the word "sheeple"

Good points made. I guess I'm too much of a dreamer for ever thinking that a large group of people can be awakened.

My bad. I guess I'll go back to sulking in the corner with a gun and food rations like many of the other posters on this forum. After all, negativity seems to be the only course for those.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:27 AM   #29
isotelesis
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 112
Wink Re: The use of the word "sheeple"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
Good points made. I guess I'm too much of a dreamer for ever thinking that a large group of people can be awakened.

My bad. I guess I'll go back to sulking in the corner with a gun and food rations like many of the other posters on this forum. After all, negativity seems to be the only course for those.
You should read "White Nights" by Dostoyevsky, about how our dreams change us.
isotelesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #30
iamhearing
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 16
Default Re: The use of the word "sheeple"

I dont like the term Sheeple, why? Beacause alot of people that i love would be classified by this term and i dont like to label anyone.

If we want to WAKE people up I personally find it is best to lead by example not by force.

When you argue your opinion, what generally happens? People usaully become defensive and will close down, where as if you walk the talk people become curious and want to know.

just my humble opinion.
iamhearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #31
misfit
Avalon Senior Member
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney. Australia
Posts: 40
Default Re: The use of the word "sheeple"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
hahahahahahahahahhaha Oh thats a good one.

They are called sheeple because like a flock they will trample and run from anything that threatens their group 'well being'.

Where to start? 'they' act like a flock, they bleat like a flock, they respond like a flock and need a shepherd every step of their lives or else they panic like a flock. (No disrespect meant to the sheep though - its the humans that are a disgrace).

You won't ever help the masses, you will never get a message across to the masses because of the very nature of 'the masses'. They want group protection, they want, they crave group acceptance, and will trample any one who even dares try to 'help guide them or show them the way out of the pen'.

Two words.

DAVID + ICKE.

Group mind howled him down for decades. His very name was known through the masses and yet a handful alone started to read his works. I read them from the very beggining even though I worked inside the establishment.

I know what you will lose if you step from the pen, I know what will be the groups punishment if you dare upset the status qou... I stepped from the flock though, against the protests of many of my fellow 'thinkers'.
I'll call them sheeple until the very day they start acting as sentinent, seperate, individuals with their own opinions and own minds distinct from 'what the group thinks', start thinking about more than whats on television, more than what football scores are next week, and think further afield than their localised vicinity and start paying attention to the world they live in.

ha ha totally agree Sol Invictus!
Its the simplest best way to describe a certain programmed majority , cuts through all the **** and is TRUE!

even some of the sheeple understand that!

Aww does that hurt???

Its funny how easy it is to offend with words .... hell, Ive been called worse by sheeple than most sheeples sensitive little ears could bear, but never have I said ban or dont use those words,,,or .. its discrimination help! im a victum,,,, ooooh!
I dont get offended that easily.
Awww poor sheeple , finally got the pointer on them ....

GOOD!

Ill will always use the term sheeple for the programmed majority people!
misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:41 AM   #32
Seth Haniel
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hartlepool England But Moving Shortly to Fauldhouse Scotland
Posts: 172
Cool Re: The use of the word "sheeple"

Misfit

I can hear their objections all in unison.....



Baaaaaaaa
Seth Haniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:09 PM   #33
Josefine
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 229
Default Re: The use of the word "sheeple"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamhearing View Post
I dont like the term Sheeple, why? Beacause alot of people that i love would be classified by this term and i dont like to label anyone.

If we want to WAKE people up I personally find it is best to lead by example not by force.

When you argue your opinion, what generally happens? People usaully become defensive and will close down, where as if you walk the talk people become curious and want to know.

just my humble opinion.
I agree. Morover, many of the socalled 'Awoken to the Truth' have contempt two ways: Of the PTB, those above, and the lowly sheep, those below.

As a poet said: 'If you will be nourished with silent contempt
of underlings and ruling kings - you have found cheap food and may jolly well eat until you die.'

If we view this world as a stage with all the actors in actors clothes, and realize that in the end the curtain falls, and we will be cheering for all that made the performance such a 'good show', even to the point of bringing tears of sadness, and fright of special props, for the realism it imbued.
Josefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:48 AM   #34
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 170
Default Re: The use of the word "sheeple"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Sheeple
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
is a term of disparagement, a portmanteau created by combining the words "sheep" and "people ."It is often used to denote persons who voluntarily acquiesce to a perceived authority, or suggestion without sufficient research to fully understand the scope of the ramifications involved in that decision, and thus undermine their own human individuality or in other cases give up certain rights. The implication of sheeple is that as a collective, people believe whatever they are told, especially if told so by a perceived authority figure believed to be trustworthy, without processing it or doing adequate research to be sure that it is an accurate representation of the real world around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
People unable to think for themselves. Followers. Lemmings. Those with no cognitive abilities of their own.
It's definitely a useful word these days considering the culture of our society.

This is how I see it. If there was a lot of criminals around I wouldn't be complaining about people using the word 'criminal'. I would be focusing on solving the problem of crime. Same with the word sheeple. I don't think the main problem is the word sheeple itself.

If you want to eliminate words that could be interpreted as insulting you have to eliminate half of the dictionary.

Maybe what we really need is a more sophisticated use of communication such as telepathy. Which I believe can be fostered from empathy and love.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
A individual that forfits their right to choose in favor of inclusion in groupthink and what is viewed as popular or elete group. Allowing the influences of different forms of media and group members to hold great sway in the formation of attitudes, behavoir and opinion.
To accept the group mentaility and opinion as fact without examination.
Not only to be told what to do, but accepting the paradigm of thought as absolute thereby removing the weight of personal responsibility in the making of decisions.
In 2003 American President Bush states that the need to invade Iraq is imperative because it it was a supporter of islamic terrorism and developer of Weapons of Mass Destruction that would threaten the United States.

Although no evidence was given in support of such statements the american sheeple supported the war despite evidence to the contrary.

Last edited by Dean Plejaren; 12-13-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Added a definition of the word sheeple
Dean Plejaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #35
cantaloupe
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 151
Default Re: The use of the word "sheeple"

A apt descriptor in so many cases that can be used derisively, like so many others.
I love my friends and family, and most of them are sheeple not even making an effort to think independently. Sad but true.

Last edited by cantaloupe; 12-13-2008 at 04:35 PM.
cantaloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #36
Sol Invictus
Banned
 
Sol Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 599
Default Re: The use of the word "sheeple"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainl140285 View Post
I will absolutley second that my friend!
There was a time when a large percentage of people on this forum were part of the mis-guided masses and we ALL should remember that.
Peace
Iain
If a horse is born in a barn, raised in the barn and then herded into a sheep pen stood with billions of sheep, does it stop being a horse? no of course it doesn't. There lays the problem.

I was from when I can first remember astonished at how 'people' interacted. Astonished and appalled at their actions and how two /three/ ten faced they were to each other.

So i stood at the edge of the pen looking in, never feeling part of the masses but not knowing why. When i found out that i was a 'horse amongst sheep' I vaulted the pen and went to my pastures green.

From 11 onwards I beat my own path, and only pretended to feel 'part of the flock' until old enough and able enough to stand alone.


You can't lead me to water, let alone make me drink.

Provide me with my own map and compass and i'll be all OK cheers.
Sol Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon