Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 03:57 AM   #1
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Default Hospitals in Canada will begin Staff Reductions

Well its 11:17 pm here and I just got off the phone with my wife . She is hearing from some staff that reductions in the number of nurses are a distinct probability here in Orangeville as several have been Purlatored layoff notices . Mind you these are not yet official but the fact that they are even sending these out gives rise to less than adequate health care down the road . These notices are just an advance notice to the possible layoff of some staff and will be done on a ward by ward basis . Meaning the person with the lowest seniority on the ward goes they intern will have the right to bump a staff still employed with lower seniority on a different ward . I tried to tell her this was going to happen sooner or later but it was like beating my head against the wall maybe now she`ll take the blinders off
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:49 AM   #2
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Hospitals in Canada will begin Staff Reductions

Time to come to the US, LOL, Actually there's a huge shortage here and she can write her own ticket and work just about anywhere, and some are offering nice sign on bonuses too! Nursing schools are packed, I know all of this because one of my sisters is going to nursing school now!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote