Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 02:29 AM   #1
Rainchild
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 61
Default Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

This site: sitchiniswrong.com, is created by Dr. Mike Heiser, a Phd in the Hebrew bible and ancients semitic languages. His site is devoted to addressing the flaws of the ancient astronaut hypothesis popularized in the writings of Zacharia Sitchin. Mike has also been on many radio shows because he is in the same area Zacharia Sitchin claims to be in and he refutes his interpretations, many of which, he says, are made up or are just basic mistakes in translation.

Last edited by Kathleen; 04-12-2009 at 02:34 AM. Reason: insert link
Rainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:39 AM   #2
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Spiritual eXplorer-Canada
Posts: 4,915
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

i have a lot of respect for mr. sitchin's work
(no one, is going to be right, 100% of the time)
and, the man, is quite a legend
and, has done quite a lot of very good work
perhaps, a lot of it, way ahead of his time

however, it appears, this man,
is capitalising on his name,
in order to gather, momentum for himself,
how sad is that ???
doesn't his own work stand on its own merits ???
without having to utilise mr. sitchin's name
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:48 AM   #3
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 694
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Good point Exchanger, a scholar would normally publish their work on it's own merits without looking to denegrate that of another.
This smacks of sensationalism. I notice he uses David Ickes methodology af the "red-pill". I may be wrong but that was the first place I saw the pill taking being utilised, so another mark taken off for lack of originality there.....

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:01 AM   #4
Rainchild
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 61
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddo View Post
Good point Exchanger, a scholar would normally publish their work on it's own merits without looking to denegrate that of another.
This smacks of sensationalism. I notice he uses David Ickes methodology af the "red-pill". I may be wrong but that was the first place I saw the pill taking being utilised, so another mark taken off for lack of originality there.....

Z
On his website he also talks about his book The Facade, which discredits Zacharia so I don't think he puts ALL of his information on his website. Besides Zacharia was funded by Jordan Maxwell who has been telling people that Christ means oil, annointed means sex, that the Jewish temple REPRESENTS sex, and he even openly admits that The Isis Unveiled by Madame Blavatsky is his favorite book. He's even named after a concept called Jordanus Maximus IN her books! Her Book The Secret Doctrine was the same book that talked about the Aryan race that inspired Hitler create the holocaust! She even talks about creating a "new world" in Isis unveiled.


http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ll&hl=en&emb=1

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...on&hl=en&emb=1

http://www.blavatskywritings.net/

Last edited by Rainchild; 04-12-2009 at 03:27 AM.
Rainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:09 AM   #5
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Beyond the rim....
Posts: 412
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

I have never really believed anything Sitchin said. The problem with Sitchin is that he never had any formal training or education that would allow him to decipher the things he did in order to come up with his theories. He basically made it up.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:33 AM   #6
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: OC, CA and next...
Posts: 1,289
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
I have never really believed anything Sitchin said. The problem with Sitchin is that he never had any formal training or education that would allow him to decipher the things he did in order to come up with his theories. He basically made it up.
I guess I would tend to agree with you in part but perhaps with an eyebrow raised. I remember reading one his books many years ago about the Mayan calendar and it certainly seemed more confusing than any other material. I guess there are mis-information agents and dis-information agents and just plain ol people trying to figure it out.
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:53 AM   #7
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edgewood, Wa.
Posts: 302
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Have you read Sitchen's book's? Every researcher has a piece of the puzzle. His books opened my mind to consider everything because everything exists in the infinite universe.

Jordan Maxwell's Research released millions from the mind prison. His years of work make more sense to me because it is backed up by things you can walk outside and see day and night for yourself that is ancient knowledge. This knowledge has been twisted to fit the agenda of the NWO elite. I was raised with astrology since birth and I thank my parents for the spiritual grounding I have. In these times do not close you mind to anything. The more you receive the greater you become. It is all perspective there is no right or wrong.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:17 AM   #8
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blackbutt, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

I hate to be pedantic, but could we please get Sitchin's first name correct?
It is ZECHARIA and not ZACHARIA.

If the supposed expert on ancient languages gets that wrong, how much else has he got wrong?

I agree that if a person can't get recognition for his own efforts, he sure as hell doesn't deserve any for sniping at someone who has.

Let's have a show of hands - how many of us have heard of this turkey?

Okay, how many have heard about Sitchin?

Right, that's settled.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:39 AM   #9
dagon
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Glen Ellen Ca
Posts: 611
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Sitchin is a hero and a legend. end of story. its easy to cast stones from home while doing nothing. information is information. and at least he is doing the work. he is one of the first. im sure it not perfect. but the way I see it. his work stand more credible than most if not all in this field. in my opinion
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:05 AM   #10
dagon
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Glen Ellen Ca
Posts: 611
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainchild View Post
On his website he also talks about his book The Facade, which discredits Zacharia so I don't think he puts ALL of his information on his website. Besides Zacharia was funded by Jordan Maxwell who has been telling people that Christ means oil, annointed means sex, that the Jewish temple REPRESENTS sex, and he even openly admits that The Isis Unveiled by Madame Blavatsky is his favorite book. He's even named after a concept called Jordanus Maximus IN her books! Her Book The Secret Doctrine was the same book that talked about the Aryan race that inspired Hitler create the holocaust! She even talks about creating a "new world" in Isis unveiled.


http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ll&hl=en&emb=1

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...on&hl=en&emb=1

http://www.blavatskywritings.net/
I can see you are doing the work. I've admired your point of view on a few subjects. I don't think him maxwell funding sitchen is a bad mark on sitchen. I think both maxwell and sitchen hold more of the peaces than you think. it may not all be correct. after all there sifting threw the sands of time trying to tell us the truth. what's being kept from us. and is not taught in most universities. guess will find out soon.. I hope.. I bet when the chips fall. his story will stand with some flaws. were only human.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:13 AM   #11
Rainchild
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 61
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinty View Post
I hate to be pedantic, but could we please get Sitchin's first name correct?
It is ZECHARIA and not ZACHARIA.

Sorry the misspelling of his name was my fault.

Last edited by Rainchild; 04-12-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Rainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:49 AM   #12
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blackbutt, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainchild View Post
Sorry the misspelling of his name was my fault.
Thank you for being honest enough to own up Rainchild not many would.

While it is sensible to verify what someone has written, when the subject is as complex as Sitchin's is, you must ultimately listen to what your heart tells you rather than what some critic says. Sitchin can not be 100% correct - but if nothing else, he has opened a great number of eyes to ancient possibilities and encouraged others to follow in his steps.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:00 AM   #13
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Holland,Netherlands
Posts: 470
Smile Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Jonathan Gray has some good information about our past.

http://www.beforeus.com/
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:10 AM   #14
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 947
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainchild View Post
Besides Zacharia was funded by Jordan Maxwell who has been telling people that Christ means oil, annointed means sex, that the Jewish temple REPRESENTS sex, and he even openly admits that The Isis Unveiled by Madame Blavatsky is his favorite book. He's even named after a concept called Jordanus Maximus IN her books! Her Book The Secret Doctrine was the same book that talked about the Aryan race that inspired Hitler create the holocaust! She even talks about creating a "new world" in Isis unveiled.
Ok first thing, Jordan has done so much more to wake people up then probably all of us put together, that he deservers nothing but respect.

Second thing, that dude who is making all these so called "debunking" videos not only has the easy job of hacking apart speeches trying to find any errors he can, he fails to realize that many great story tellers often tell stories to get their point across. If he changes the players in his story, his mom one time, his uncle the next... it doesn't matter, he was trying to make a point.

Third, you also have to remember that Jordan was doing this before the internet. And of course all his theories are not going to be correct. Jordan constantly tells people to do their own research! He is just presenting things the way hes sees it.

I'm tired of all these Jordan bashers, the man has done an incredible amount of work for you and me.

Fourth, please try reading Blavatsky's Isis Unveiled before jumping on that bandwagon as well. I've read it, and can tell you that many gems hide within her works. What you do with them is your business. Also keep in mind Helena was living in a much different time then we were, all sorts of strange occult practices were going on then, especially among the upper class, tipping tables and such. She had a very unique life. And in my opinion was only after the Truth, nothing more nothing less. [edit] I meant to add that saying Helena Influenced Hitler because he read her book is like saying that those murder sprees are happening because the killer listens to Alex Jones. Nonsense.

Last edited by Phtha; 04-12-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #15
Egg
Banned
 
Egg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 727
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
I have never really believed anything Sitchin said. The problem with Sitchin is that he never had any formal training or education that would allow him to decipher the things he did in order to come up with his theories. He basically made it up.
Right, so just because I wasn't taught to read and write in a school room means I cannot then read or write? My Mom taught me till I was 11. She wasn't from a formal education background, just knew how to read and write.

That I can speak German and taught myself, does that mean I actually cannot read a german newspaper because I would be wrong in what i thought I read?

What an absolute crock of tosh your entire post was. The 'formal education' argument is quite often the last resort of the desperate or delusional in my opinion.

Guess David Icke had better stop now then, after all, he played soccer right?
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #16
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blackbutt, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Egg, all I can say in support of your post is : With a few, And thrown in in addition to your comments.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #17
Ashatav
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 603
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

I comented to a scholar familiar about sichin and that familiar looked at me, like condescending, and told me that him and the other famous guy (don't remember his name) are like the guys who have less credibility and less scientific prooves in the scientific community.

Like: Trash them, are just a bunch of misplaced inventions contradicting years of studies based in fact and with Enormeous holes in their "discoveries/inventions".

And actually Zagami says that Sitchin is an illuminist.

so.......

Im doing an "article" about the alien agenda, will be very interesting!


Cheers!
Ashatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:57 AM   #18
Nebula
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

First off, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter what! Its a bunch of hogwash this guy is trying to ask! Does the dude have any answers to some of the questions he asks? Its like asking, why did the chicken cross the road? etc. He is basically trying to make a name for himself at the expense of another! What can he gain by it?

Sitchin brought an unprecedented awarenes to the whole Sumerian account of the Annunaki etc. Nobody said he is 100% right, some of his theories i don't agree with, but The facts are there. From our dna to the cuneiform tablets, ruins and relics in iraq and other places, to the whole solar system. The ptb's know this and don't want us to piece the whole story together! or it will crumble to pieces the whole illusionary infrastructure the've put in place! from religion to politics, basically our whole reality of things!

Last edited by Nebula; 04-13-2009 at 02:23 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:32 AM   #19
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lunar Base II
Posts: 3,093
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

It might be cool if there was a comparative collection of Cuneiform Tablet Translations and Interpretations in parallel columns...so that people could see the different translations and interpretations at a glance. Does such a work exist? Arizona Wilder had some unflattering things to say about Sitchin...but I'm sure that some have unflattering things to say about her. The differences between Possibilities, Probabilities, and Actualities are important. They should all be included...but clearly identified and separated.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:36 AM   #20
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Beyond the rim....
Posts: 412
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post
Right, so just because I wasn't taught to read and write in a school room means I cannot then read or write? My Mom taught me till I was 11. She wasn't from a formal education background, just knew how to read and write.

That I can speak German and taught myself, does that mean I actually cannot read a german newspaper because I would be wrong in what i thought I read?

What an absolute crock of tosh your entire post was. The 'formal education' argument is quite often the last resort of the desperate or delusional in my opinion.

Guess David Icke had better stop now then, after all, he played soccer right?
I didn't say he lacked formal education, I said he lacked formal education to complete that specific task. There is a HUGE difference between learning German, and being able to decipher/translate ancient texts which you have no background in deciphering. Though he has knowledge in other languages such as modern and ancient Hebrew, various other Semitic and European languages, the Old Testament, and the history and archaeology of the Near East, that still does not give him the magical ability to decipher ancient Sumerian glyphs and pictographs.

Just because someone can speak another language, doesn't mean they can look at the Mayan Calendar and know what it says. I feel that YOUR entire post was a "crock" and your arguments completely flawed and meaningless. However, you may believe what you want, just as I am free to do as well.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:38 AM   #21
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Beyond the rim....
Posts: 412
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinty View Post
Egg, all I can say in support of your post is : With a few, And thrown in in addition to your comments.

Wow, that's real mature. How old are we Brinty?
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:52 AM   #22
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blackbutt, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

I don't know your age Lorien, but I'm a happy-go-lucky 72 year old who can (and does) laugh at people who get up tight about theories different from their own.

As has been pointed out on this and other threads, Sitchin can not, and is not, right with every one of his theories. Nobody is that perfect - even God cocked things up when he created man. Oh, I forgot, that was the Anunnaki wasn't it?

Supposing that Sitchin was wrong and all his theories are just so much BS, there are an awful lot of people now taking an interest in ancient history. Maybe the truth of humanity's origins are somewhere between the Biblical account, and Sitchins.

But for myself, Sitchin has made the Biblical story believable to me as he opened my eyes and mind to a different way of thinking. If his writings can achieve that for thousands of folk, then it has to be an improvement on just blind acceptance of the impossible sounding story in Genesis.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:09 AM   #23
firefly
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Byron Bay Australia
Posts: 79
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Frankly, I found the sight 'Zecharia Sitchin is Wrong' to be quite interesting. And Dr.Mike Heiser is offering some challenging material. Sorry folks. but I could never really get around Sitchin's theories. But of course everyone to their own.

Love and friendship
firefly
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #24
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Beyond the rim....
Posts: 412
Default Re: Zacharia Sitchin is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinty View Post
I don't know your age Lorien, but I'm a happy-go-lucky 72 year old who can (and does) laugh at people who get up tight about theories different from their own.

As has been pointed out on this and other threads, Sitchin can not, and is not, right with every one of his theories. Nobody is that perfect - even God cocked things up when he created man. Oh, I forgot, that was the Anunnaki wasn't it?

Supposing that Sitchin was wrong and all his theories are just so much BS, there are an awful lot of people now taking an interest in ancient history. Maybe the truth of humanity's origins are somewhere between the Biblical account, and Sitchins.

But for myself, Sitchin has made the Biblical story believable to me as he opened my eyes and mind to a different way of thinking. If his writings can achieve that for thousands of folk, then it has to be an improvement on just blind acceptance of the impossible sounding story in Genesis.
I wasn't getting uptight. Egg was the one who decided to attack my point of view for no reason. I just thought it was a bit immature to say "add in" your little faces basically making fun of me like a 5 year old would. It's just immature and unwarranted. But I digress.....
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nibiru, sitchin, wrong, zacharia

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon