Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 07:30 AM   #26
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Re: Has Avalon been hijacked under the nexus disguise?

Hijacked? No. Changed? Yes.

EpiphaMe, I resonated with much of what you wrote. For myself all our time is spent making our space as self-sufficient as possible. We just don't have much time to be online. All extra time is spent serving the community.

We did meet with one member here.. it didn't work out. Often internet personalities are quite different in real life.

As for Bill and Kerry - Bill has not been back to post since the beginning of December and it is now March - 3 months absent. That says a lot.. Kerry just posts info on the latest Camelot interview.. that's it.

From what I've observed people are digging in and doing instead of talking or posting.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:37 AM   #27
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

Oh no, not paranoia an a UFO conspiracy site?!

only kidding!

I had to laugh when someone elsewhere compared the 'organisation' of this meditation to the PTB.....i mean.....sheeesh....

things flux and change.....the Nexus is good [I think], something concrete .....and whether you 'believe' the premise makes no odds, as you could use the event to network with other GROUND CREW.

[remember them? I am one....ARE YOU?].....
when i first joined this site, it was to discuss the Handbooks.
and the GROUND CREW.

Hardly anyone EVER discusses them, or seems to have read them and I got a bit ****** off with that. And when they did discuss them, there was always some idiot banging on about Jesus or Jeshua and ruining it all...[ i can go to church anytime i want for that, and I have actual Bishops and others amongst my personal friends, so back off Christ-Enthusiasts I know what I'm talking about.....].........anyway, THAT was hijacking.....and nearly put me off this place for ever. then i got over that too.

I'm glad the 'whistleblowers' have gone - how many more whistles need to be blown? that time is over - we KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON, yeah?
this is not entertainment [although the gory 'bad news' that's posted here every day masquerades as such]

You are ALL Sovereign Integral.

so SORT IT OUT and stop bickering!

xxx
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:38 AM   #28
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

Oh, and PS,

You could ask Bill about Scientology, I believe he knows rather alot about it.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:42 AM   #29
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

Oh, and PPS, B+K have been very very busy......not MIA at all.

If any of you check the Audio section of P Camelot you'll see [hear] many many new exciting interviews....that...guess what...people here don't seem to notice cuz they're so busy fretting about the latest conspiracy posting here, most of which are from the MSM......

Check the O'Leary video from the meeting with George Green in Equador, and the audio of George himself....and the Nazi/Vatican investigator Levenda....etc etc

You'll find many many very good pieces there.....

Best.

dZ
Old 03-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #30
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

In a world of deception lies and hidden agendas, the catalyst for this forum we are all searching for the truth.

In my limited exposure to whistle blowers and truth seekers all I could fathom was that I had been shafted good and proper by the PTB.

I have been through a personal trauma that enlightened me to the fact that the world is not about me, it is about humanity.

Along came the nexus thread, I gave it the usual dose of healthy skepticism, was it information or disinformation was there hidden agendas, who were these people.

as I continued down the Nexus rabbit hole it began to resonate with my inner self the part that separates the b***s*** from reality.

Then I stumbled on Nassim Hassin who explained the fractal nature of our existence it all began to make sense. Combine that with Bob Dean, George Green (Paradigm for the New Earth), Marsia Schaffer and on and on. The message is clear " Change from Whats in it for me to How can I help."

To me the nexus tread uses the old Problem Reaction Solution
The problem has been described in fine detail.
The reaction is evidenced by this thread
The solution is offered to each and everyone to accept or reject

The difference is that Nexus thread is the only thread that offer's a solution

George Green said we cannot fight them we have been modeled to infinite
But with an intention to heal a pebble of good will can ripple over the waters of humanity. So by the individual desire to help expressed in the privacy of our thoughts, Astralwalker and associate believe we can make the changes to rid humanity of the shackles of greed and avarice.

These were my thought prior to meeting Astralwalker, subsequently I have found him to a humble gracious person, genuine in his desire to to do nothing more that deliver a message of his perception of a solution based on personal experience and 20 years of research, the though of hijacking a forum for personal of hidden agendas, to me could be no further from the truth.
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #31
Malletzky
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieG View Post
...that enlightened me to the fact that the world is not about me, it is about humanity....
AussieG, altough I resonate with the most parts of your answer, I must disagree with you above your statement that it is not about you...think about...if YOU do not change, how can you expect that the humanity will change? So it is about ME, YOU and each of us here on the earth, separated from another, altough we're ONE! And each one contributes with his efforts for achieving the final goal...the (re)union of our precious souls...

Be the forerunner, (Futureyes, thanks for these insights...you know what I mean ) be the one who will change first and show the others your path. If you only touch and inspire one soul, you've touched and inspired all other.

I would rather not comment the "highjacking" at all, it's not worth at all, as it reminds me of the old known PTB schema "divide and conquer"...will just leave to all of you to find your own truth on your own...simple as that...

But bear in mind please...you don't know me, please don't jugde me...so accept me and my path as it is...I do accept yours...as we're all one, already forget????

I will only repeat my statement again (wrote this on the NEXUS thread ), that I'm so thankfull to have you ALL here as a part of my reality...

malletzky

Last edited by Malletzky; 03-10-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Malletzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #32
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

I think hijacked is a little strong regarding the Nexus thread, each to their own i have always said.
I have never been big into meditation looking for outer insight i have been lucky and have been given much what i know today.
Be it true or not i have to make my own mind up on that one.
I would never push my thoughts on to others and would expect others to do the same.
The Nexus thread has obviously helped many on this site because of it's following i like to read what is posted there i take what i feel is good and move on.
If some feel they resonate in the mass rather than on a solitary basis then so be it!
This site was brought about because of the sheer scale of people contacting the Camelot site and telling their stories to Bill and Kerry, i think they have done a wonderful job in reuniting all of us whether we take all the discussions to heart ot not is not really the answer but that we can diverse with each other on ideas, forms of spirituality discussed and how we all believe that our lives are being touched by all these different informaties daily.
I would like to thank Bill and Kerry once again because i feel they are now being forgotten they are the fore runners of Avalon and without them this site would never have been put together.
Yes i would like to see their postive feedbacks more but such as life is we all have to carry on daily and it is not possible to be on 24/7.

There comes a time when threads become a little stale we are facing one of those times now, with much that has been discussed and everything has just about been discussed now i feel we are simply waiting for anything new.
Nexus found a niche i think for those who find meditation a daily or weekly need, if that suits them so be it.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #33
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

Malletzky
I agree to change, one must firstly change them selves. Only then can it be expressed by power of example. My previous reference was to to self centered nature promoted by materialism, to keep us separate and controllable. It is in my opinion that it is tactic that has generated the divisions of humanity on all levels. Therefore when I express the world is not about me it is meant to be in the light of what mother Teresa said " If you want to help, find someone that is alone and let them know there not".
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #34
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

If Bill were interested in the forum he would be here posting. When he was very, very busy traveling to Austrailia he managed to contact us once or twice a day. We have not heard from him since the first part of December. Fact.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #35
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Funny how some people seem to throw a fit when one is being critical, while others do their best to brush it over like nothing ever happened.
What's wrong with engaging in the matter (as long as it doesn't suck up lots of time)?

I find it strange that the question is if Avalon has been hijacked. No, it hasn't been hijacked, you can post what you wish. No absolute power on here has been corrupted, there is merely a huge magnet that sucks in all the 'feel good' (excuse me but finding an appropriate term is beyond me right now) meditators. That's fine by me.
The hijacking however does happens if we merely stand by and let someone else take the steering wheel.

The question is then the one of undermining the functioning of this board. I think, that to a degree might have happened, and I only say it with reluctance but whatever is going on in the Nexus thread is in a way syphoning away peoples attention or motivation, or at least has done so during winter (northern hemisphere mind me) to bring the forum to this inactivity.

Again, I do not oppose the Nexus 2012 as such, but I have serious concerns about the way its undertaking has been initiated and developed. It doesn't feel to me like empowerment of the individual within a group, it looks more like the individual is suckered into the group.
Fair enough, working with that large a number one is always betting on the 'follower mentality' so I won't throw myself off a cliff there. Why, however do all the critical thinkers and intuitives that don't feel like joining the Nexus just stand in silence with their mouth gaping open?

I'm not vouching for abundance of threads, just a little more participation in the thread that aren't 'more bad news is good news' and 'everything will be fine'. A little balance maybe?

Dayzero, I concur, your thread back then has been hijacked.
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #36
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
If Bill were interested in the forum he would be here posting. When he was very, very busy traveling to Austrailia he managed to contact us once or twice a day. We have not heard from him since the first part of December. Fact.
Which I disagree with, it's like starting a company and never showing up, not good in my book. At very least, at very minimum, I think either Kerry or Bill or both should've came in once and said a thanks to everyone who donated and subscribed. I was raised and taught to say thanks for every little thing, even if it's for somebody opening a door for you. Harsh? I don't think so, and nobody has said anything about them not saying thanks to everybody, so if it has to be me, so be it.

Last edited by Dantheman62; 03-11-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #37
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czymra View Post
Funny how some people seem to throw a fit when one is being critical, while others do their best to brush it over like nothing ever happened.
What's wrong with engaging in the matter (as long as it doesn't suck up lots of time)?

I find it strange that the question is if Avalon has been hijacked. No, it hasn't been hijacked, you can post what you wish. No absolute power on here has been corrupted, there is merely a huge magnet that sucks in all the 'feel good' (excuse me but finding an appropriate term is beyond me right now) meditators. That's fine by me.
The hijacking however does happens if we merely stand by and let someone else take the steering wheel.

The question is then the one of undermining the functioning of this board. I think, that to a degree might have happened, and I only say it with reluctance but whatever is going on in the Nexus thread is in a way syphoning away peoples attention or motivation, or at least has done so during winter (northern hemisphere mind me) to bring the forum to this inactivity.

Again, I do not oppose the Nexus 2012 as such, but I have serious concerns about the way its undertaking has been initiated and developed. It doesn't feel to me like empowerment of the individual within a group, it looks more like the individual is suckered into the group.
Fair enough, working with that large a number one is always betting on the 'follower mentality' so I won't throw myself off a cliff there. Why, however do all the critical thinkers and intuitives that don't feel like joining the Nexus just stand in silence with their mouth gaping open?

I'm not vouching for abundance of threads, just a little more participation in the thread that aren't 'more bad news is good news' and 'everything will be fine'. A little balance maybe?

Dayzero, I concur, your thread back then has been hijacked.
Give them a goal they will resonate with and they will follow.
Nexus is active because it's about action and doingness.
And besides it is fun .
It answers the call of people to stand up as souls and hearts
in Consciousness and unity and manifest a new world.
Czymra, I would'nt call that " syphoning people's attention or motivation" but
rather echoing something that some people here and out there already had within .

Kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #38
lawlessline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
" syphoning people's attention or motivation"

Kindness
mudra
Mudra,

I am sorry but I am in the view that the moment that you have to motivate to move or awaken the people, sooner or later it gets treplace by order and regulations of that motivation.
I agree with the idea in principal, but I really feel that the only time that one consciousness will be found is when all respond to the inner call by their own motivation.
For example, if someone has cancer of the lungs and you say "they must stop smoking and take a particular plant to heal themselves." They don't and they keep smoking. You know them well so it effects your life. Do you wake them up to the reality or do you let them go blissfully down their path. Motivation always leads to a result. Sometimes more than just one result.

The infomation on the nexus thread is at base all over the webb. Cropcircles and alignments. Once a point of view and direction is placed upon that info. then it can lead people to become sheeple. The infomation has bbeen given. I think all has understood. Now rather than push the thing over the edge. Let people take it on board, run with it and we will all see the better for it. dependency on others to keep the energy high enough for one consciousness will only lead to a pyramidical system.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:15 PM   #39
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Which I disagree with, it's like starting a company and never showing up, not good in my book. At very least, at very minimum, I think either Kerry or Bill or both should've came in once and said a thanks to everyone who donated and subscribed. I was raised and taught to say thanks for every little thing, even if it's for somebody opening a door for you. Harsh? I don't think so, and nobody has said anything about them not saying thanks to everybody, so if it has to be me, so be it.
i agree dan ...
i once sold my company to someone who thought it would run itself ... owner need not be present ...
watched a business i gave birth to and nurtured for seven years slowly dissolve piece by piece as the employees couldn't connect to this person ... no inspiration nor encouragement to be had ... how sad that was to watch from a distance ...

i'm not saying avalon will dissolve ... i'm saying that when i signed up months back i could feel how proud bill and kerry were to give birth to this baby ... somehow figured they would actively but not intensely nurture it as it grew ... either one or the other or both ...

father and mother's energy missing from this forum of late i believe is of significance ... members say they feel a lull ... parent's should show up every full moon to inspire and encourage their children ...

respectively ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:08 AM   #40
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Avalon has been hijacked by the hijacking conspiracy theorists and the absentee conspiracy theorists. Hijacking truthers unite! Inside job!

Seriously, there are many organizations(especially philosophical, religious, or spiritual) which are nothing more than personality cults. Regardless of the reasons, the absence of parental supervision may be the best thing for the people who participate in this forum. This is a truly decentralized grouping of seekers. This contributes to the development of independent thinking and personal responsibility.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 03-12-2009 at 01:23 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #41
technoshamanic
Avalon Senior Member

To hopefully defuse this silly hijacking plot, I encourage everyone interested in constructively moving forward The Healing Experiment to participate in the new forum just set up. Link at the top of the page @ http://www.healingexperiment.com/thepeople.html (subscription free)
technoshamanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #42
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlessline View Post
Mudra,

I am sorry but I am in the view that the moment that you have to motivate to move or awaken the people, sooner or later it gets treplace by order and regulations of that motivation.
I agree with the idea in principal, but I really feel that the only time that one consciousness will be found is when all respond to the inner call by their own motivation.
For example, if someone has cancer of the lungs and you say "they must stop smoking and take a particular plant to heal themselves." They don't and they keep smoking. You know them well so it effects your life. Do you wake them up to the reality or do you let them go blissfully down their path. Motivation always leads to a result. Sometimes more than just one result.

The infomation on the nexus thread is at base all over the webb. Cropcircles and alignments. Once a point of view and direction is placed upon that info. then it can lead people to become sheeple. The infomation has bbeen given. I think all has understood. Now rather than push the thing over the edge. Let people take it on board, run with it and we will all see the better for it. dependency on others to keep the energy high enough for one consciousness will only lead to a pyramidical system.
Hello Tom,

Evolution of consciousness has in my humble opinion many ways to manifest.
Taking part into nexus has to be done from a choice made within each of us
from inner thruth,inner trust and inner sincerety .
If nexus echoes along those lines with someone than he should go for it .
If it doesn't than he should leave it alone.
In my opinion both persons will be right .
The path to enlightment is different for everyone.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #43
Surial
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: Has Avalon been hijacked under the nexus disguise?

We are all part of the consciousness on this planet. There is no requirement for a label, organization, or movement to achieve oneness with the creator. Although it does help some people to feel connected to each other to achieve the same results. The ultimate goal is to raise the vibration of the planet. I believe this will happen regardless.

The inner consciousness of the source is already within us. It is just a matter of comprehension. As far as this forum, nexus is just a thread or two. The weight or value you give this topic determines your reaction.
Surial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #44
fossileyesed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Has Avalon been hijacked under the Nexus guise? No. Au contraire. I believe someone or some group is trying to hijack Nexus.
Thats what i was thinking/feeling
Looking forward to saturday

peace,love squared to the power of infinity........kent
fossileyesed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #45
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The Light of the World

by Eckhart Tolle
eckharttolle.com

When you are fully present and people around you manifest unconscious behavior, you won't feel the need to react to it, so you don't give it any reality. Your peace is so vast and deep that anything that is not peace disappears into it as if it had never existed. This breaks the karmic cycle of action and reaction. Animals, trees and owers will feel your peace and respond to it.

You teach through being, through demonstrating the peace of God. You become the "light of the world," an emanation of pure consciousness and so you eliminate suffering on the level of cause. You eliminate unconsciousness from the world.

This doesn't mean that you may not also teach through doing – for example, by pointing out how to dis-identify from the mind, recognize unconscious patterns within oneself and so on. But who you are is always a more vital teaching and a more powerful transformer of the world than what you say and more essential even than what you do.

Furthermore, to recognize the primacy of Being and thus work on the level of cause does not exclude the possibility that your compassion may simultaneously manifest on the level of doing, and in effect, by alleviating suffering whenever you come across it. When a hungry person asks you for bread and you have some, you will give it. But as you give the bread, even though your interaction may only be very brief, what really matters is this moment of shared Being, of which the bread is only a symbol. A deep healing takes place within it. In that moment, there is no giver, no receiver.

But there shouldn't be any hunger and starvation in the first place. How can we create a better world without tackling evils such as hunger and violence first?

All evils are the effect of unconsciousness. You can alleviate the effects of unconsciousness, but you cannot eliminate them unless you eliminate their cause. True change happens within, not without.

If you feel called upon to alleviate suffering in the world, that is a very noble thing to do, but remember not to focus exclusively on the outer. Otherwise, you will encounter frustration and despair. Without a profound change in human consciousness, the world's suffering is a bottomless pit. So don't let your compassion become one-sided.

Empathy with someone else's pain or lack and a desire to help must be balanced with a deeper realization of the eternal nature of all life and the ultimate illusion of all pain. Then let your peace flow into whatever you do and you will be working on the levels of effect and cause simultaneously.

This also applies if you are supporting a movement designed to stop deeply unconscious humans from destroying themselves, each other and the planet, or from continuing to inict dreadful suffering on other sentient beings. Remember; just as you cannot €ght the darkness, so you cannot €ght unconsciousness. If you try to do so, the polar opposites will become strengthened and more deeply entrenched. You will become identi€ed with one of the polarities; you will create an "enemy" and so be drawn into unconsciousness yourself.

Raise awareness by disseminating information, or, at the very least, practise passive resistance. But make sure that you carry no resistance within, no hatred, no negativity. "Love your enemies," Jesus said, which, of course, means have no enemies.

Once you get involved in working on the level of effect, it is all too easy to lose yourself in it. Stay alert and very, very present. The causal level must remain your primary focus, the teaching of enlightenment your main purpose and peace your most precious gift to the world.

Adapted from "The Power of Now"
Old 03-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #46
lawlessline

Quote:
Hello Tom,

Evolution of consciousness has in my humble opinion many ways to manifest.
Taking part into nexus has to be done from a choice made within each of us
from inner thruth,inner trust and inner sincerety .
If nexus echoes along those lines with someone than he should go for it .
If it doesn't than he should leave it alone.
In my opinion both persons will be right .
The path to enlightment is different for everyone.

As usual Mudra, Beautifully put. My love and respect for you just gets deeper by the day.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #47
lawlessline

Quote:

[B

Raise awareness by disseminating information, or, at the very least, practise passive resistance. But make sure that you carry no resistance within, no hatred, no negativity. "Love your enemies," Jesus said, which, of course, means have no enemies.

Adapted from "The Power of Now"
So true. Someone once said to me that you should love your neighbour more than yourself. I passive resistance to that in one way but accordance in another.

All the same As I said I am there for meds always. Just a different petal of the lotus Flower. It is Good to know you.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #48
sun-toon´
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You certainly have a knack for asking pertinent questions, Czymra.

I haven't been lurking or participating here until recently, but so far I've noticed that personal non-engagement policies seem to stand out. In fact, it seems to me that it's almost more of a passive aggressive pose than simple non-aggression.
This thread is titled provocatively, especially towards Nexus participants, so it's good to see that a few have come forward to defend it. OTOH, in some other threads where I've posted, it seems that one can post a position that is 90-180º from the flow of the dialog and no one accepts what is a direct challenge to their position. I understand that y'all had a pretty wild ride here a few months ago, and now it's calmed down and peaceful, but it seems to me that understanding, expansion and elevation of consciousness cannot occur in a venue like this without dialog.

I don't challenge anyone's beliefs or PoVs in order to be more right, it's always to bring an issue into the light. I also try not to talk out my ass...in other words I'm prepared to defend my position, though I'm also willing to concede to a higher order of understanding. So here's what I'm curious about...are people writing rote views that they don't fully understand or support themselves, so when challenged, they can only pass? Or do they smugly decline to engage at all, so as to always be right? (OK, 3rd choice...fuzzy, peaceful, bliss that needs no defense.)

Quote:
Why.....do all the critical thinkers and intuitives that don't feel like joining the Nexus just stand in silence with their mouth gaping open?
And, conversely, when they don't stand in silence, only a few Nexus defenders bother to stand up.
sun-toon´ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:20 AM   #49
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I don't challenge anyone's beliefs or PoVs in order to be more right, it's always to bring an issue into the light. I also try not to talk out my ass...in other words I'm prepared to defend my position, though I'm also willing to concede to a higher order of understanding. So here's what I'm curious about...are people writing rote views that they don't fully understand or support themselves, so when challenged, they can only pass? Or do they smugly decline to engage at all, so as to always be right? (OK, 3rd choice...fuzzy, peaceful, bliss that needs no defense.)
What I see a lot of is people stating "My opinion is X" without elaborating on the justification for that position (myself included). Given that some of the issues are things that are impossible to know for sure (e.g., what exactly is going to happen in 2012?), and people's point of view may be based on a lifetime of experience but a limited number of concrete observations or experiences, it is really difficult to provide justification for one's point of view without typing pages and pages that few people are going to want to read. Even then, one person's evidence may look like complete nonsense to another. You can't know my experiences the way I do. Something deeply moving may seem like complete jibberish when expressed in English. The knowledge I bring to bear when evaluating evidence may be in subjects you know little about (not directed at any particular "you"). Some information may be just a little too personal. Maybe what I have to say about my experiences will seem too incredible to believe. And so on. So, practicing the law of allowance is not such a bad idea. I put in my two cents worth and move on.

There are times when I think I might try to defend a position, but then I wonder if it is really worth the time and effort to put together a well reasoned argument with supporting links. Will it really change anybody's mind? How much does that matter to me? So rather than argue each time I see a post that I don't agree with, I look for times when I can provide information that I feel is sound that will help make murky issues a little bit less so. I also will state a contrarian opinion when I feel the urge, but rarely see much point in arguing such things at length for the reasons I just stated.

As for the topic of this thread, I haven't really read the nexus threads since some of the early posts. It's just not something I felt the urge to be involved in. Those discussions seem to take place in a few focused threads and do not interfere with the rest of the forum, so I don't see any hijacking taking place.

Last edited by Jnana; 03-13-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:30 AM   #50
lawlessline

Default Re: Should Avalon be renamed nexus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun-toon´ View Post
You certainly have a knack for asking pertinent questions, Czymra.

This thread is titled provocatively, especially towards Nexus participants, so it's good to see that a few have come forward to defend it. OTOH, in some other threads where I've posted, it seems that one can post a position that is 90-180º from the flow of the dialog and no one accepts what is a direct challenge to their position. I understand that y'all had a pretty wild ride here a few months ago, and now it's calmed down and peaceful, but it seems to me that understanding, expansion and elevation of consciousness cannot occur in a venue like this without dialog.

And, conversely, when they don't stand in silence, only a few Nexus defenders bother to stand up.

Sun toon

I am not sure if you have read the beging page of the thread. But I agree with the title. I have appologiesed for that. Maybe it should have been Is Avalon becoming the Nexus Site? or something of that sort. The reason "the Nexus Brothers" don't reply to anything such as this is because they say "trustme I know and that is the end of story.It seemed as if they didn't like the questions???????? I would know they haven't anwsered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnana View Post
There are times when I think I might try to defend a position, but then I wonder if it is really worth the time and effort to put together a well reasoned argument with supporting links. Will it really change anybody's mind? How much does that matter to me? So rather than argue each time I see a post that I don't agree with, I look for times when I can provide information that I feel is sound that will help make murky issues a little bit less so. I also will state a contrarian opinion when I feel the urge, but rarely see much point in arguing such things at length for the reasons I just stated.
The nexus thread ploaces Photos with no corrisponding text and just the website connected. Is that not Spam?????? I just had some concerns regarding the direction the site was taking. a dialogue does not happen through the nexus thread only direct infomation taken from the web and told that "we know keep doing this or that" If this goes through the entire site then it will end up another dead end mill stone. Maybe????Predictions are impossible so I would like to make any even directed to the date 2012.