Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #51
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Info about me (sorry for all the disclaimers).

At the risk of being a a little corny..I'm going to share a song.....listen to the words. They have some meaning...at least to me. And they seem to go with this thread very well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_XFMCgeI7c

Before anyone here becomes a judge...walk in their shoes first
There is a spiritual war weather you believe it or not. and we all must walk in our own truth. If Jesus is the way for someone....let it be.
albeit...he may not be the only way for many...but he is for some. And a great prophet indeed
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #52
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
At the risk of being a a little corny..I'm going to share a song.....listen to the words. They have some meaning...at least to me. And they seem to go with this thread very well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_XFMCgeI7c

Before anyone here becomes a judge...walk in their shoes first
There is a spiritual war weather you believe it or not. and we all must walk in our own truth. If Jesus is the way for someone....let it be.
albeit...he may not be the only way for many...but he is for some. And a great prophet indeed
Oh, oh, I've said too much.
or I haven't said enough?
I have walked in such Jesus shoes. I can leave it alone, if I can understand first.
How one can repeatedly claim to not be promoting such things, yet every post be about it...?

If Jesus isn't the way for someone, then why shouldn't they be 'let be' also?

As to Jesus being a great prophet, everything good he said had already been said in older religions, yet he also preached making enemies of our families, and that he comes not to bring peace, but the sword.
If that is love and light...
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #53
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
Oh, oh, I've said too much.
or I haven't said enough?
I have walked in such Jesus shoes. I can leave it alone, if I can understand first.
How one can repeatedly claim to not be promoting such things, yet every post be about it...?

If Jesus isn't the way for someone, then why shouldn't they be 'let be' also?

As to Jesus being a great prophet, everything good he said had already been said in older religions, yet he also preached making enemies of our families, and that he comes not to bring peace, but the sword.
You did not listen to all of the words of the song...and it was not directed at you...it was just a theme of the thread.

And I feel very fitting for those who choose to understand that this thread is about one mans relationship with Jesus. And he is very entitled to have such a relationship...without ridicule.
And you can also see, he is fighting a battle...one that needs to be addressed, and he would want to discuss here on the forum

Old 12-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #54
WarriorServant
Banned

Quote:
WS, you say in your disclaimer that you're not preaching about hell, so, as I said in another post, I'm sorry to be going on about hell (or some other horrible eternal fate) if that's not what you're on about either - but if not then I don't understand what you are warning about when you get so adamant about deception, etc.
You seem to have missed my point. My point was that I did not come to this forum holding a Bible in the air, to declare that everyone is doomed to hell. I came to this forum, because I have personal experiences to share -- and I am trying to share them. That doesn't mean that I don't "believe in hell", and it doesn't mean that (in the right forum and format) I wouldn't discuss it, but I did not come here to do that. I did not come here as a preacher. I did not come here to declare that everyone is going to hell.

ie: I don't walk around 24/7 declaring people are going to hell. I don't walk into a car dealership and say: "Hey I'm religious - YOU'RE GOING TO HELL! Say, do you have any cheap cars today"? There's a time and place for everything.

I AM HERE TO TALK ABOUT MY EXPERIENCES!

Not to apologise for your church -- what ever they said to you.

Quote:
If Jesus is the only 'way' (to what?), what happens if we don't choose that way?
Jesus states in the Bible (which is not "a book" as many people reiterate, as if I am some sort of retard for reading it -- it is the word of God, and after reading it and getting to know the spirit of the "book", I believe it is the word of God and contains the spirit of God), that he is the way to the "Father", ie: God, the One that gave you your life and the air that you breathe.

Quote:
I only hope you understand that for some of us (okay, me in particular) having grown up with bible indoctrination, with all the fear and guilt that brings, the psychological manipulation (that I still get counselling for), the mental trauma's, not from the devil, but from the accusing gaze of Jesus and God on the throne...
I feel for you. I agree with you. I HATE "religion" and "dogma". However, the Bible is not a religion. It is the word of God. Religion has turned more people away from God than any atheist ever could. It is your whole attitude (and I understand it) that causes me to HATE religion, because religion (and dogma) causes these attitudes, and rightly so. However, God's word is not a religion.

Quote:
then going through years of research to learn all it's problems and flaws, facing all the apologetics (and yes I went to christian websites, and many christian forums, to argue and test my arguments) - realising how much of my life was wasted on it, and how wrong my entire upbringing and direction in life was, so that now I am alone and empty... yet have found more spiritually uplifting joy in what you call 'New Age' foolishness than ever I did in christianity.
Well, I could argue the contrary. However, I will not do it in this thread which was created to explain my experiences to people. If you want to talk about that, please either 1). Create a new thread and invite me, or 2). PM me.

Quote:
To see someone promoting the Bible (but not hell?), on a forum I thought may be free from such horror, brings out the defensive instinct.
I did not say I don't believe in hell. I believe all that is in the Bible -- including hell. What do you want me to do? Follow you around on the forums and DEMAND that you're going to hell? WHY would I do THAT? I don't even KNOW you! I know NOTHING about your life. I know NOTHING about your heart. And most of all, I AM NOT THE JUDGE!

Quote:
I at least would like to understand what you are warning against, if not hell.
You're the one telling me that "I don't preach hell". But listen, I am not a preacher - period. I am simply a guy living on the earth who reads the Bible (and believes the spiritual message). I am not the be all and end all of all understanding of the Bible. Thre's a lot I still do not know and I am sure that in 10 years there will be MORE I do not know. But what I DO know is the spirit of the Bible (God's word), and I trust it -- and "believe" it. Its that alright by you?

Quote:
Because otherwise I see you as an agent of a fear based control system, not malevontly or knowingly on your part, yet the same as any Illuminati or dark power you care to mention.
Listen: I read the Bible. I love God. I love Jesus. I believe the Bible is written by God. I don't know anything about this "agent of fear based control system" stuff. What I DO know is that we must love 1). God 2). Our brothers and sisters. That's what I try to do (even though I get REALLY annoyed with people sometimes).

Quote:
In regards to Eternity, promoting fear of some unknown is something I reject.
Please, please.. don't put words in my mouth. Don't associate me with your hatred of God and the Bible, and the cause of it, and take it all out on me. I didn't do anything wrong to you. When I do something wrong by you come and start on me then. Until then, please just leave me to hold what views I will. I will allow you to do the same. Fair deal?

Quote:
I am interested in your story, your encounters with spirit beings, even those that caused you harm, beatings, etc.
I too have faced such a thing once, and would like to understand it. I called on the name Jesus, as that is what I believed in at the time, and it stopped - yet other people call on the name of other things, or even their own true self, or some personal energy shield, or mantra, and that works too.
And I am happy to SHARE it if you will take note of the title of this thread and all the disclaimers in it. You really need to understand that not all people who love God and read the Bible are going to sit here demanding that you're a wretched horrible bad man that's going to die. Anything you hear from me will be out of LOVE -- and if it's NOT, it's probably just because I'm annoyed, but it will pass in 5 minutes and I'll be back to treating you with love again.

Quote:
I know I'm your opposite, but I don't reject you out of hand.
I want to understand.
In regards to Eternity, why should we Fear?
You're not my opposite. You're my equal. We're children of God.

Why should we fear? Let me answer this way: You have made a whole big lead up how you've associated "ME" with your horrid upbringing of some crazy evangelical church that declared that you're "GOING TO HELL" and now you want me to answer to it? Well I am not going to! Go see the church that made you upset. Don't take it out on me.

---

To everyone else.
---

I will reiterate again. I am REALLY "over" being expected to apologise for everyone's horrid religious upbringings. Please don't expect me to sit here and defend all the views of what ever church you belong(ed) to.

I came here to share my story. Some of that story includes my biblical beliefs. Get over it.
WarriorServant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #55
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You did not listen to all of the words of the song...and it was not directed at you...it was just a theme of the thread.

And I feel very fitting for those who choose to understand that this thread is about one mans relationship with Jesus. And he is very entitled to have such a relationship...without ridicule.
And you can also see, he is fighting a battle...one that needs to be addressed, and he would want to discuss here on the forum
My apologies Brook, I know you take care to be positive, and it is appreciated.
I am drawn to such topics, and am probably still on the same frequency as WS, yet from the opposite direction now.
I don't want to belittle anyone.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #56
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
My apologies Brook, I know you take care to be positive, and it is appreciated.
I am drawn to such topics, and am probably still on the same frequency as WS, yet from the opposite direction now.
I don't want to belittle anyone.
Very cool! and I think you all know where I stand on religion.

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...&postcount=100
Old 12-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #57
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

I'm afraid you are misquoting here. The problem with Christianity is that it has become very far removed from its original meaning. The quote about making enemies of our families is not so far removed from what many people experience today. For example if you have a particular world view such as believing in extraterrestrial presence ect.....most of your family will think you are mad. Jesus was referring to those who put the seeking of God above everything else including your family. And the quote about the sword is a product of the time. Jesus was a radical, a revolutionary even at that time and many refused to believe in anything he said. Finally, spiritual truth can be found in all religions, so just because someone said it before does not mean its not correct.

Love ya though (for your post on the other thread)

Kriya
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #58
WarriorServant
Banned

100thmonkey, I just read the posts you made while I was responding to you.

You're not sincere. You're here to make a mockery and cause trouble.

Is there any way that I can politely ask you to leave this thread and find another one to post in?

I sincerely don't want to hear your responses. They have nothing to do with the thread. They're just stabs and digs and baited questions.

I cannot post the rest of what I want to post on this forum if you're going to follow me around making me account for the tragedies of your religious upbringing.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #59
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hmm, but might faith not leave us gullible...?
Oh..I missed this one...and yes...faith in the wrong direction will create a problem...
Old 12-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #60
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorServant View Post
100thmonkey, I just read the posts you made while I was responding to you.

You're not sincere. You're here to make a mockery and cause trouble.

Is there any way that I can politely ask you to leave this thread and find another one to post in?

I sincerely don't want to hear your responses. They have nothing to do with the thread. They're just stabs and digs and baited questions.

I cannot post the rest of what I want to post on this forum if you're going to follow me around making me account for the tragedies of your religious upbringing.
I think you should understand..there are many who have been deeply wounded by these religions...and although you do not support religion, it has been indoctrinated in many that have been severely hurt because of it
Old 12-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #61
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You seem to have missed my point. My point was that I did not come to this forum holding a Bible in the air, to declare that everyone is doomed to hell. I came to this forum, because I have personal experiences to share -- and I am trying to share them. That doesn't mean that I don't "believe in hell", and it doesn't mean that (in the right forum and format) I wouldn't discuss it, but I did not come here to do that. I did not come here as a preacher. I did not come here to declare that everyone is going to hell.

ie: I don't walk around 24/7 declaring people are going to hell. I don't walk into a car dealership and say: "Hey I'm religious - YOU'RE GOING TO HELL! Say, do you have any cheap cars today"? There's a time and place for everything.
I know you don't. I've seen how you avoid the word, but everyone can see that it is implied in your warnings.

I'm just trying to understand why you're warning us then?

Quote:
Why should we fear? Let me answer this way: You have made a whole big lead up how you've associated "ME" with your horrid upbringing of some crazy evangelical church that declared that you're "GOING TO HELL" and now you want me to answer to it? Well I am not going to! Go see the church that made you upset. Don't take it out on me.
That's not what I did. You're jumping to conclusions.
I don't want you to solve my problems, I'm just trying to nail down what you're really on about.
I don't want you to answer for anything except what I asked, and you just avoided.

I don't need an answer from you now, since it's just become obvious.
Yes your answer is Hell.
So, despite you wanting to avoid the word, that's something I will never accept. I know you now and don't need to bother you any more.
Thanks for your time and your responses.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #62
WarriorServant
Banned

Quote:
I know you don't. I've seen how you avoid the word, but everyone can see that it is implied in your warnings.

I'm just trying to understand why you're warning us then?
Ok,. You're going to hell. You're a bad man. You're onto me.

Can you leave me in peace now please, so I can post in peace?

Quote:
That's not what I did. You're jumping to conclusions.
I don't want you to solve my problems, I'm just trying to nail down what you're really on about.
I don't want you to answer for anything except what I asked, and you just avoided.
I am here to talk about my experiences and to contribute to the forum. I honestly don't know how else to say it. But you wont let me, You're ADAMANT I (while interrupting my serious thread and posting REM songs) that you're going to prove what I am 'REAAALLY" heeeere fooooor.. Ooooooh! I better be careful you might "catch me out!" Listen: You've got a chip on your shoulder about what ever dogma was bashed into your head, and you;re trying to make me explain for it. End of story.

Quote:
I don't need an answer from you now, since it's just become obvious.
Yes your answer is Hell.
So, despite you wanting to avoid the word, that's something I will never accept. I know you now and don't need to bother you any more.
Thanks for your time and your responses.
I AM NOT HERE FOR A RELIGIOUS DEBATE! THINK WHAT YOU WILL!

Just go and think it "somewhere else" - PLEASE!
Old 12-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #63
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Good morning all from my neck of the woods....you all have been busy....faboulous posts here.

WarriorServant: You did it....congrats for pulling it all together & putting it out there. I have not read your full post yet, but will. I know that it takes a lot of courage to do it, but like I said before, its a necessary part of the healing process & you sharing your story will also benefit other. As you can see now, you have more friends here than enemies, & we are here to walk by your side, if you need us. Please know that we will not always agree on points, but that is perfectly normal, just as we all keep things respectull and civil, we will all make progress.

blessings to all.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #64
WarriorServant
Banned

Ok the last two pages of this thread have turned into a religious debate and me trying to explain that I am not here to debate religion (again)..

So what do I do?

I can tell you I have no interest in the thread anymore..

Lets just talk about what ever.

Does anyone else have any religious hatreds that they'd like me to apologize or answer for? I'm all ears.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #65
WarriorServant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Good morning all from my neck of the woods....you all have been busy....faboulous posts here.

WarriorServant: You did it....congrats for pulling it all together & putting it out there. I have not read your full post yet, but will. I know that it takes a lot of courage to do it, but like I said before, its a necessary part of the healing process & you sharing your story will also benefit other. As you can see now, you have more friends here than enemies, & we are here to walk by your side, if you need us. Please know that we will not always agree on points, but that is perfectly normal, just as we all keep things respectull and civil, we will all make progress.

blessings to all.
Well, I tried. But the thread took the same direction my threads always do.

Read the rest of the posts and you'll see what I mean.

So now the thread is officially a religious debate (again).

I am here to apologise for everyones horrid religious upbringings and to answer questions about the Bible.

No one is interested in my initial post or my life story or any information that I have to share.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #66
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

We're co-creators.

If "All" of our communications go in a certain direction ~ we have created this experience. Look in the mirror rather than pointing the finger as to why our experience is how it is.

Take the beam out of our own eye before trying to take the sliver out of another.

~~~ :-0)
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:16 PM   #67
WarriorServant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
We're co-creators.

If "All" of our communications go in a certain direction ~ we have created this experience. Look in the mirror rather than pointing the finger as to why our experience is how it is.

Take the beam out of our own eye before trying to take the sliver out of another.

~~~ :-0)
Thanks for responding to my experiences. I appreciate your contribution.

Say, do you like McDonalds?

Did you hear that a McDonald's burger doesn't decompose?

I saw this video on YouTube where a woman has a burger that's THREE YEARS OLD and it looks almost like it was cooked yesterday.

Weird huh?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #68
Gevaudan
Avalon Senior Member

It seems that everything I have read on this thread is thus far 'par for the course' in terms of the struggle we all face in transcending dualistic modes of thinking. As long as we perceive opposites of any kind, we will cling to one or the other and defend our position with ferocity.

This is yet another obstacle that builds walls between our common ground and weakens our collective potential. It is quite evident in all aspects that religious/spiritual preference is subjective and dependent upon the individual's life experience. What tastes good to me may taste awful to others. It doesn't make it right or wrong. It is what I prefer--that's it.

Let's focus on commonality instead of trying to make ourselves feel better about our personal preferences.

The true master knows he/she is always a student...

Peace

G
Gevaudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #69
DOMINIC 777
Avalon Senior Member

DEAR OXYMORON,
Wisdom is needed in these difficult times......half a million people cannot all be wrong.........once your sound frequency rises by negateing your ego self , pride , vanity , arrogance selfishness etc......then you will realize that scurge of the human condition , which is that:ALL PEOPLE ON THE EARTH ARE SUFFERING...secondly it is "FEAR" which creates the negativism on the EARTH .You keep asking people to come to you for the truth.....the first discernment of a wise person IS TO KEEP AWAY fom a person with arrogant conceited thought patterns GIVE THEM A a wide birth.......so teach us something new and wise, as the battle is between SANITY and INSANITY

lol
DOMINIC

Quote:

I am here to apologise for everyones horrid religious upbringings and to answer questions about the Bible.

No one is interested in my initial post or my life story or any information that I have to share.
DOMINIC 777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #70
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Nice words G, Welcome to the Forums ~ !
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #71
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

WarriorServant: If you don't want the thread to turn into a religious debate, then I suggest not to reply to those type of posts. You can control how the thread goes, its up to you. May I suggest you stick to discussing elements of your story that are important to you, & then people can respond in kind. Maybe the people are getting mixed messages from you, they are not clear on what your message is, ie., do you wish to discuss the values of beliefs in Jesus, God, which are more spiritual in nature, or do you wish to discuss your experiences through abductions and any other experience that you feel you need clarification on. How these experiences have molded your life & the trauma caused by them. Maybe that would clear things up for you & your audience. I hope this helps......I will be back later on in the day. Courage.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #72
WarriorServant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
WarriorServant: If you don't want the thread to turn into a religious debate, then I suggest not to reply to those type of posts. You can control how the thread goes, its up to you. May I suggest you stick to discussing elements of your story that are important to you, & then people can respond in kind. Maybe the people are getting mixed messages from you, they are not clear on what your message is, ie., do you wish to discuss the values of beliefs in Jesus, God, which are more spiritual in nature, or do you wish to discuss your experiences through abductions and any other experience that you feel you need clarification on. How these experiences have molded your life & the trauma caused by them. Maybe that would clear things up for you & your audience. I hope this helps......I will be back later on in the day. Courage.
My wish is to discuss who I am, my experiences and to try to explain to people what has happened in my life. But it seems no one is interested. Hardly anyone has commended or asked questions about my experiences.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #73
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Yes..let talk about the abductions. Since you won't have any hypnotherapy. Can you recall some of the experience?..say one or two?..and maybe we who have has such experience can relate to it.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #74
WarriorServant
Banned

Quote:
Yes..let talk about the abductions. Since you won't have any hypnotherapy. Can you recall some of the experience?..say one or two?..and maybe we who have has such experience can relate to it.
Thank you! *cries tears of joy* A person who responded to the TOPIC! YAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

I can recall MUCH of my experiences. I could write a book. I wont begin to type everything "now" because I would never be able to stop. But do you have any questions in particular?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #75
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Can you describe the beings? What they looked like. and an agenda?