Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-21-2008, 03:23 AM   #51
ocan
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Brutal: Sarah Palin's Record on Aerial Wolf Hunting

ARGUMENT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSErwine View Post
The truth is, the wolf has nothing to do with the extreme problems our world is facing. So go for it, stand on your stump and preach about the wolf. In the end when the nukes are going off and theres nothing left, won't you wonder if your efforst were in vein?
RESPONSE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by izz View Post
taking pleasure from killing is not not something a person with compassion and love would aspire too
AND

Quote:
Originally Posted by izz View Post
we need leaders that are compassionate and yes it has alot to do with economics, children who starve , countries who have very little have alotto do with what we call economics..
When the time comes when "theres nothing left" we will need compassionate people and leaders. If you or a member of your family is hurt or in dire need of help you will need the compassionate. That is why we need to build ground crews with compassionate leaders and members.

Just to remind you when the "nukes are going off" the people that are setting of the nukes are not very compassionate people they don't care about you, your family, or ... the wolves. The same people that set off the bombs are the same people that are trying to reduce the world's population by the use of disease, starvation and war.

In closing, the way a person or government treats wildlife and nature may mirror the way they treat other people or their citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
M. Ghandi went a little further by saying:

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
ocan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:57 PM   #52
JSErwine
Avalon Senior Member

Then how is a society to be judged when it treats it's animals better than his/her fellow man?

We see this on a daily bases, hell I have even printed Pet insurance plans.

We have even seen it here in this very thread, being labeled corrupters because we have differences of opinions on the wolf.
JSErwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #53
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

Izz,

I respect although don’t completely support or understand the view you have on the wolf hunting.

May I put a scenario before you that was an actual occurrence here on my eco-farm and ask what would you have done.

I have 75 or so organically raised chickens that are allowed to free-range during the day outside in the sun where can do what chickens love and are designed to do. I sell their eggs to very grateful customers.

A very intelligent coyote started picking off my hens one or two a day. He was doing what coyotes are designed to do and he was very “wiley” and elusive in his daily onslaught of my flock.

He outwitted my dogs. He even ate one of my barn cats . . . my favorite by the way.

He changed his “attack” patterns.

He worked with two female coyotes that would distract so he could move in.

I tried live trapping . . . he sprung the trap and took the bait.

I tried changing the times I let the hens out or not letting them out at all, which is not healthy for the hens.

I tried sitting on a large rock by my pond waiting and knowing that is where he generally would begin his day and stared into his eyes and asked him not to eat my chickens because I would have to resort to deadlier means.

I asked the energy forms and nature beings to convince the coyote to go away.

He did not.

I shot him.
Blufire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #54
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blufire77 View Post
I tried sitting on a large rock by my pond waiting and knowing that is where he generally would begin his day and stared into his eyes and asked him not to eat my chickens because I would have to resort to deadlier means.

I asked the energy forms and nature beings to convince the coyote to go away.

He did not.

I shot him.

I wonder what Ghandi would say about that.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:42 PM   #55
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Did you ask the coyote in person to leave?
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:23 PM   #56
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

Yes . . . in person . . . . well person to animal.

He was hiding and waiting in the shrubs and trees staring at me . . . . . I stared right into his eyes. Which I will have to say I was not comfortable being that close to him. I told him I respected his intellegience and his right to food. But that he was not welcome in the barnyard or to the chickens.

There is plenty of small game here . . . . rabbits, mice and coyotes actually enjoy the sweet corn that is grown here. He just got very used to an easy chicken dinner every day.

These events took place for almost two weeks before I had to shoot him. He killed 22 chickens, 1 cat and not to mention the loss of eggs because the hens were so stressed.

The morning I shot him I asked permission from what I feel are the nature spirits, angels or beings here on this land. I asked for a steady hand and a solid kill shot and for his spirit to be released with honor and respect. He presented himself in such a way that the shot caused immediate death and he stood perfectly still until I knew I had a solid shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmostef View Post
Did you ask the coyote in person to leave?
Blufire77 is offline   Reply With Quote