Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-02-2008, 01:17 AM   #51
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: hearing a high pitch frequency 24/7?

I've had a monotonous, single, high-pitched frequency sound in both ears 24/7 for a few months now.

I don't know if this might be of use, but below is a link to a tinnitus society. Once there, you'll find another link which enables you to hear the many, varied types of sounds that constitute tinnitus. Many have a clacking-type sound but right at the very end are a few that sound rather like the one I'm hearing.

Although it's similar, I think I'll check out the cat deterrent boxes too

http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:41 AM   #52
munkey
Avalon Senior Member

Location: just outside the box next to the box you where thinking outside of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie View Post
I've had a monotonous, single, high-pitched frequency sound in both ears 24/7 for a few months now.

I don't know if this might be of use, but below is a link to a tinnitus society. Once there, you'll find another link which enables you to hear the many, varied types of sounds that constitute tinnitus. Many have a clacking-type sound but right at the very end are a few that sound rather like the one I'm hearing.

Although it's similar, I think I'll check out the cat deterrent boxes too

http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/
did you get any dental work around the same time the noise started?
munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:41 AM   #53
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

I like Seva's take. You get kudos, girl.
As for the green boxes....hmmm. Prior to today, I don't think I've ever heard of such a device. I'm sure if they were as prevalent as Average Joe would like everyone to believe, then I'd know at least something about them. I'm familiar with the devices that curtail dogs barking, but not the presence of cats. I'm not saying that they don't exist, because I'm sure they do...but who has such a fierce dislike of cats to invest in something like that? Okay, garden activists - I get it. I just don't see half the neighborhood employing those things so much that it would be the most likely explanation.
I hear it too, by the way. Hadn't really stopped to think about it too much prior to a few days ago when mach mentioned it to me.

I've read a few different explanations about it. Some say its the presence of other beings, those who ordinarily reside on other dimensions. Others may say its just a little imperfection in what is an otherwise pretty magnificent vessel (the human body). The whole tinnitus argument is pretty empty if you ask me. "What is it, doc?" - "Well, we're really not quite sure what it is, so we'll just slap a label on it so we don't look like we don't know what we're talking about." Kind of like fibromyalgia. They're not really sure what caused it, how to stop it, so they slap a label on it, prescribe drugs that they'll get kick-backs from $, and then proceed to the next money-making patient. I'd have to give credence to Seva's offering for a couple of reasons.
#1 - she didn't say this is absolutely it and if you don't agree you need to get your head checked.
#2 - it feels accurate.

Peace
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:42 AM   #54
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

No, munkey (love the name ) No dental work done recently.

One day everything was normal - the next day I've got a permanent, high-pitched, single tone blaring in both ears.

It actually doesn't appear to be coming from the outside. I've done a quick experiment with some wax ear plugs and the tone is still there. Although, not being an expert in ears (), I have no idea if such a frequency could penetrate wax ear plugs. As the sound remains as loud even with the plugs in, it does seem to be something in my ear, rather than something outside of it.

A friend of mine has also had this start up recently. I think I'll have to ask a few more - perhaps there are loads of us chiming away
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:43 AM   #55
mach66
Avalon Senior Member

First I'd like to say, for those who suggest unplugging devices, electric etc.. I don't know how else to put this but for the 3rd time now, It doesn't matter where I am (except today up in the mountains, then again I was driving a loud truck and my ears were plugged from the altitude) but I can be in the middle of a quiet park and hear it.

Second I'd like to thank Seva for her very enlightening answer. You area breath of fresh air and mostly well documented, researched, and studied knowledge.. Not just whimsical assumptions. Tht is truly appreciated on my behalf. Plus the time you put into such a long informative answer. You are kindred to my heart, a true compassionate soul.. I love you :-)

I think you are the slosest so far becasue I really started meditating only af ew weeks ago and that is when it started. AT least I noticed a strong ringing in my ears when I would meditate. This didn't happen the first couple of weeks when I began my meditations. As I was able to focus more and more and get rid of my subconscious chatter, there were times I felt like everything including me was starting to dissolve and blend together, that is when it started. I still haven't been able to reach a full Kundalini Rising or reach that magical spot where I connect with the consciousness but I feel that I get so close. It's like I get to the beginning of the tunnel and something always makes it go away before I can take the leap. I'm sure it has something to do with my ego and or a certain fear or something I can't seem to control right now.

When I first noticed the ringing in my ears, the first two times it was a loud ring in my left ear, then it was once in my right ear, then it was both my ears and above my head.. Ever since then the constant ringing is in both ears and above my head, it surrounds my head. If I meditate, it transfoms into a definite classic "ringing of the ears." It sound sto me like I am going through what you explain and your thread seems to ring the most truth with my own inner "truth detector" However, at this point I'm still not ruling out other possibilites. I am sure that as my meditations get stronger, the answer will become obvious if this is apersonal quest and realization thing.

peace,
Mach66
mach66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:39 AM   #56
ralok_j
Avalon Senior Member

I've been hearing this off and on for 28ish years, but it has been occuring more frequently the past year. I have been tested for tinnitus, negative. I have cats, so I'm pretty sure it's not a cat repellant. It does get louder and higher in pitch at night when I'm "praying".

Do I know what it is? Nope. And it doesn't effect my hearing, i can still hear everything around me.
ralok_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:12 AM   #57
Reuters
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: hearing a high pitch frequency 24/7?

Man .... I wasn't gonna reply to this but I was compelled to because When I deeply go into a Zen type State of Mind ... I always hear a very loud ringing noise and at First I thought it was that "Tinnitus" condition or something but I don't think It's That !

Also for the Past 2 day's I have heard this very loud RINGING Noise that no-one else can hear ... Maybe because the Frequency is to High for their Inner Ear Hair Receptors to Detect !

It sound's very similar to what the Television sounds like when It is on or a computer generated sound !

If you wan't to Hear what it Sound's like ... Check Out This SOUND
Reuters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:22 AM   #58
hueyii
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach66 View Post
It seems to be the loudest and most noticeable when I am in front of my computer. Last night I walked into my office and it was "real loud" I walked out and it git quieter.. Mach66

Could be your computer moniyor going bad...
hueyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:41 AM   #59
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

I'm not saying I know what the 'sound' is.

However, if you want to try to discern whether it is 'internal', or 'external', you might try using ear plugs when you sleep.

I have begun to use ear plugs, got the idea from a friend.
If you snore at all, even a little bit, the snoring can keep you from getting to a deep sleep, although not waking you. I found out that's what it did to me, and I wasn't getting enough deep sleep.
When I got back to having deep sleep like I was suppose to... I found that I dreamed better. And I felt more rested when I woke in the morning.

This is somewhat related... I heard it from another thread just a couple days ago. I listened last night... and boy did I have a bunch of dreams last night. An amazing change, I think.

http://www.astrovera.com/philosophy/...equencies.html
"Recently, the original sound frequencies used in Gregorian Chants sung by ancient Monks to St. John the Baptist were found by Dr. Leonard Horowitz while researching his book "Healing Codes for the Biological Apocalypse". The Monks chanted to a peculiar scale was said to manifest great miracles and bring the Monks closer to God."

And a consolidation of all harmonies here: (I'm listening to them right now... I find I can listen and do other work as well... they're terrific!.)
http://www.donna.arryarr.co.uk/Holy%20Harmony.mp3

Last edited by KathyT; 11-02-2008 at 05:06 AM.
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:10 AM   #60
Daria
Avalon Senior Member

I am not going to read the whole thread.

If you have ringing, whistling, whatever....try pulling your earlope, every which way....I reckon your hearing gets 'normal'

go on, do it
Daria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:56 AM   #61
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyH View Post
Ya, or it could be tinnitus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus
I had a bout of tinnitus a few years ago and got my wife to get something for it from the chemist. After using most of the tube of ointment with no relief I found the stuff was meant for tinea not tinnitus.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #62
Seven
Avalon Senior Member

As for the cat deterrent ... most of my neighbours own cats, and others even feed stray cat's, I've looked for little (green, maybe even black ore other colored) boxes and could't find any ... so I think the only cat deterrent in this neighberhood are my own 2 Galgo's Espagnol (Spanish Greyhounds)

As for tinnites ... I'll quote from my post on the first page
I even thought i had tinnitus ... I went to the Hospital to check it out ... but I don't 'hear' it constantly, and I hear/feel it in my neck ... The doctor couldn't help me ... in finding the cause ... he assured me, it was no tinnitus
Believe me ... there where times I'd rather wish it was tinnitus ... only because then I had a rational explanation ... Instead of thinking, I might be a loony

About "the Hum" ... it (the high pitch sound) doesn't sound like a diesel engine idling some distance away, or the drone of a distant propeller driven aircraft which never comes nearer or goes away.
Altough ... I do hear something like the Hum sometimes, mostly in my bedroom ... indeed seems like comming from the wall (behind, and next to our bed) ... when I almost touch the wall ... I can even feel it, tingeling on my fingertops ... my friend said it wasn't possible ... so I let him measure it (on the central heating unit hanging on that wall) ... and he measured some volts, a very small amount, but no amp ... it even sting a little when I touched the other end of the meter ... he was amazed, that I could hear/feel that ... So he tested it, while he was holding the other end, then there where even less volts, he dind't feel a sting

So believe me when I say I'm not that gullible ... and I first check all reasonable/logic explanations ... but I also think that this search for a logical explanation keeps mee from, experiencing my full potential ...
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #63
m3yn86d
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
DO NOT categorise me as above. This makes you no better than those that believe in swamp gas. You don't even know me, you do not know anything about what I think about any subject.

Do you think I'm here for no reason? I have my reasons, and probably they will be the same as yours. I want to know what is going on.

Hey, I believe half of it is ****, but so what? What about the stuff that ISN'T ****?

So I gave THE ANSWER to the question on this thread, and believe me it is the answer, anybody who tries to identify these noises will find out in the end and agree with me....how does this make me narrow minded?

All I am trying to do is impart my knowledge of this (remember you said that knowledge is power), you don't want it, fine. You suffer the high pitched noises in silence, meanwhile I'll tell everybody in my neighbourhood to turn these devices off. No more noise for me. Sweet.

PS I KNOW beam weapons exist. I KNOW aliens are real. I KNOW the secret space programmes exist. Does it surprise you that I believe this?

Now what was that you were saying about burying my head in the sand?

Like I said, you should NEVER EVER catagorise somebody as a particular type of person? You've just gone and accused me of all sorts of things that I am simply not.

PPS I only slate what I think is clear BS.

Thanks. Average Joe.

More than slate, educate!!!!
Have I missed the part where you actually divulge what the sound is?
m3yn86d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:31 AM   #64
stal
Avalon Senior Member

yeah i also hear both the constant and intermitent sound, along with certain other auditory phenomena. have done for as long as i can remember. i live 80kms from the nearest town, and 5kms from the nearest neighbor, and neither of us has a cat deterrent.
stal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:11 PM   #65
mach66
Avalon Senior Member

Reuters,
Teh sound link you posted: at about 46 - 48 seconds into it is about the same frequency everything else is too low.

Thanks for the link,
mach66
mach66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #66
leeboy
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with Mach66, only the right pitch for a couple of seconds.
Average Joe...I love you man!
leeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:59 PM   #67
leeboy
Avalon Senior Member

By the way i forgot to mention i have been using binaural beats to aid in meditiation has anyone else and if so what do you think. Also do any of you who are more advanced than i have any advice to offer regarding meditation etc?
Love and peace to all
leeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:31 PM   #68
karmakah
Avalon Senior Member

You know, this has been happening to me for many years. I did some research (even asked a doctor friend) and it all comes down to one main thing: Noise pollution. Ever notice after a concert how your ears ring like mad? Well, the ring we are hearing, especially as we lay down to sleep, is when we're retiring from the 'concert of a day on over-populated, over-technical, over-stimulated Earth". The decibel level of Earth, just from every little contraption that has a sound emitting from it, is likely higher than the human ear has had a chance to adapt to...Noise Pollution from the Concert of 'Life' On Planet Earth!
karmakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #69
ABHA
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakah View Post
You know, this has been happening to me for many years. I did some research (even asked a doctor friend) and it all comes down to one main thing: Noise pollution. Ever notice after a concert how your ears ring like mad? Well, the ring we are hearing, especially as we lay down to sleep, is when we're retiring from the 'concert of a day on over-populated, over-technical, over-stimulated Earth". The decibel level of Earth, just from every little contraption that has a sound emitting from it, is likely higher than the human ear has had a chance to adapt to...Noise Pollution from the Concert of 'Life' On Planet Earth!
I feel it too, but this well established explanation has me interested...

hope it helps have a great day

http://homepages.tesco.net/~John.Dawes2/page1.htm
ABHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #70
Enlightenme
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria View Post
I am not going to read the whole thread.

If you have ringing, whistling, whatever....try pulling your earlope, every which way....I reckon your hearing gets 'normal'

go on, do it
Oh my gosh, I just had the ringing really bad and I tried the pulling thing. It really helped!!!
Enlightenme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #71
swordsmith
Unsubscribed

so many opinions, so many different experiences....
Some people most likely DO have tinnitus, I most vehemently do not. In fact my whole experience with mercury amalgam poisoning has been what got me on the truth road, some years ago . Two things I no longer suffer from are amalgam fillings or tinnitus, fools are another matter.

Think what you like about planetary sounds /pineal awakenings / brain expansion, but we are being bomarded with emf/elf technologies and if you want to pretty it up, go right ahead. And cell phone towers are just for cell phones, right?

As my grandmother would say, whatever you think Mrs Herbolsheimer.....

Always look on the briiiight side of life, ta da ta da ta dum de dum de dum....

The John Dawes site is pretty good for enquiring minds, notice how they say it is and it isn't microwave , hmmmmm.... and also says not to bug your govt. officials. MP Caroline Lucas is useless, btw, took 3 months for her( minion) to get back and say she was too busy.

On bad nights I sleep with a fan on, it is a pretty good white noise machine, though it doesnt stop the physical effects of sound waves on the body and organs. This goes for everyone, whether you hear it or not.
BTW, ear plugs are not a good idea long term, screws up your meridians as they press on some powerful acupuncture points. If ear plugs actually work for you, then it is not the same thing I am talking about in my case.
Oh yeah, and in the early days of my search for what this is, I turned off everything at the mains many nights, also drove around to hear where it was coming from, but that is another story, and it sure as hell isn't from cat deterrents.
I also have large resonating quartz crystal singing bowls, do overtone chanting etc. Its nice while doing it but its not as if I am in any way counteracting the actual source of this vibration . There are just some rather unpleasant aspects of whats going on right now in the world.
Jeesh.,,,
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #72
PTTurboe

I have heard it my entire life. Just learned to ignore it.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #73
Gabe Gabriel
Avalon Senior Member

A doctor would call it tinnitus.the high pitch is your personal frequency. Some call it "Che', some call it the "ying and yang".
Gabe Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #74
Deoxyan

it continues to freak me a bit that i had that for all my life.

But some say its related to frequencies?, what really that means?, thet you frequency are higer if you hear that in your mind?.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:12 PM   #75
franciejones
Banned

What I found interesting when this happens to me is that if I imagine myself bathed in violet colored light...it goes away. I listened to a man (cannot recall his name) on Journeys with Rebecca and he said that those sounds happen during programming...now I do not know about that, however, I experimented with his advice and it works everytime...
Not sure if it is good/bad/ or indifferent but that is the only info that comes to mind when reading this thread.

Peace
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote