Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Default Quake scientist predicts Iran will shake in late April.

I have kindly been sent this by Antaletriangle who feels he can no longer post on Avalon because of certain members or member giving him a thumbs down because of an identical post and was made to feel he was imposing on someones elses post. He will be greatly missed by me and many more i feel, so this one is for you Antaletriangle.

April 16, 2009 2:17 PM
Quake scientist predicts Iran will shake in late April
Catherine Brahic, environment reporter

We wrote last year about the attempts of two Chinese researchers to predict earthquakes several weeks in advance using unusual cloud formations. One of the researchers, Guangmeng Guo of the Remote Sensing Center at Nanjing Normal University in Jiangsu province, eastern China, recently emailed me with an update.

He says his team has detected the same unusual clouds above Iran. They predict that there will be a magnitude 5.0 to 6.0 earthquake at the end of April in southern Iran.
According to Guo, the pressure that builds up in rocks before an earthquake causes electromagnetic disturbances which influence cloud formation overhead. The characteristic shapes can be seen in satellite pictures and act as an early warning signal of tectonic stresses.

"This method can be used to predict location and magnitude, but it is difficult to predict the date," writes Guo.

He is not alone in believing it is possible to forecast earthquakes several weeks or months before they happen (see Unknown Earth: Can we predict earthquakes and volcanic eruptions?). Friedemann Freund, a visiting astrochemist at the NASA Goddard centre, is working on a similar theory.

Plus, just last month, Italian seismologist Gioacchino Giuliani predicted the earthquake that struck l'Aquila on 6 April and killed over 200 people. Giuliani's forecasts were based on concentrations of radon gas - also thought to be related to geological stresses. He was forced to remove his findings from the internet because local authorities thought he was spreading panic.

All these theories are still far from conclusively proven though, putting the days of formal earthquake forecasts some way off.

Categories: Environment

Tags: clouds | earthquake
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Quake scientist predicts Iran will shake in late April.

I had not heard about a link between radon gases and earthquakes until Giuliani predicted the Italian quake and was bang on correct. The cloud correlation resonates with me. There is a feeling that comes before an earthquake. It's a vibe like there is a build up of energy. We tend to say it feels like earthquake weather but the weather is quite normal, for us. Another sign of an earthquake to come in CA is when we get a little haze around the moon that causes a halo effect. Yes, we have several quakes every day here but these things arise before a pretty good size jolt. I am really interested to see what all these scientists come up with. Giuliani amazed me and I am so sorry he wasn't heard.

P. S. The "signs" I have spoken of are by no means scientific and are only things that I have noticed in speaking with coworkers, friends, family, etc.
Malynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
nagual
Avalon Senior Member

Also when HAARP is used, unusual clouds can be seen above the area they are bombarding with 3.6 million watts of high frequency pulses...

Last edited by nagual; 04-21-2009 at 06:30 PM.
nagual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

If iran then probably HAARP...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

These natural phenomenon before a quake is interesting but with all this unatural probing into the earths atmosphere how can we tell which is which.
We will have to wait and watch for this one.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:04 AM   #6
no caste

It would be weird timing, with all the talk of Iraq and an Israeli offensive. I wonder if the clouds come first - I thought earthquakes were notoriously difficult to predict. I auto-flip to scalar weapons scenarios too...

---------------------------------

Defense Secretary - Earthquake and Volcano Weapons
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci..._tsunami19.htm

In April 1997, then-Defense Secretary William Cohen was speaking at a terrorism conference at the University of Georgia... Here's the exchange, taken verbatim from the transcript posted on the Defense Department's Website:

Q: Let me ask you specifically about last week's scare here in Washington, and what we might have learned from how prepared we are to deal with that (inaudible), at B'nai Brith.

A: Well, it points out the nature of the threat. It turned out to be a false threat under the circumstances. But as we've learned in the intelligence community, we had something called -- and we have James Woolsey here to perhaps even address this question about phantom moles.

The mere fear that there is a mole within an agency can set off a chain reaction and a hunt for that particular mole which can paralyze the agency for weeks and months and years even, in a search. The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one. There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least.

Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops.

Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that's why this is so important.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:08 AM   #7
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I smell a HAARP.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote