Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Default VW to launch $600 car - gets 258 MPG

VW To Launch 258 MPG
Car - Cost $600 US
3-29-9

This is not a toy, not a concept car. It is a newly developed 2-seater car in highly aerodynamic tear-shape road-proven real car. It is ready to be launched as a single-seater for sale in Shanghai in 2010 for a mere RMB 4,000 = US $600 .00 ! Interested? Wait till you learn that it will cruise at 100-120 Km/Hr with an unbelievable 0.99litre/100Km =(258 miles/gallon) !! Impressed? Totally, after you have read all the details below about the hi-tech and space-age material input into this care !!! Truly the most Economic Car in the world . Must see and read to the end and please comment !!!! The Most Economic Car in the World will be on sale next year....
http://www.caradvice.com.au/25172/vo...conomical-car/

Disclaimer
+ xxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg volks.jpg (10.4 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 12-29-2009 at 11:22 PM.
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: VW to launch $600 car - gets 258 MPG

Love it. I'd say that our auto industry wouldn't let it in, but, hey, our auto industry is going under just because they won't do stuff like this. There's hope for us yet... although, it may not pass emissions control (have to read the article to check).

alys

Last edited by alyscat; 03-31-2009 at 03:48 PM.
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

VW To Launch 258 MPG
Car - Cost $600 US
3-29-9

This is not a toy, not a concept car. It is a newly developed 2-seater car in highly aerodynamic tear-shape road-proven real car. It is ready to be launched as a single-seater for sale in Shanghai in 2010 for a mere RMB 4,000 = US $600 .00 ! Interested? Wait till you learn that it will cruise at 100-120 Km/Hr with an unbelievable 0.99litre/100Km =(258 miles/gallon) !! Impressed? Totally, after you have read all the details below about the hi-tech and space-age material input into this care !!! Truly the most Economic Car in the world . Must see and read to the end and please comment !!!! The Most Economic Car in the World will be on sale next year....
http://www.caradvice.com.au/25172/vo...conomical-car/

Disclaimer
+ xxx

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 12-29-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
you can NOT pay men/or women $28-$35 to sweep brooms !!!
Heck they would probably go on strike if that's all they were getting paid.

The madening thing about the car industry is that Big Oil has suppressed new technologies from being introduced for years.

The first North American company to introduce a car with even 75 mpg would easily avoid bankruptcy because they would have so many orders they would not keep up.
micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

apparently my dad, figured out in 1947
how to get a car to run partly on water
Old 03-31-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

This is actually a concept car originally developed in 2002 with planned limited production in 2010. With everything on the car made out of lightweight carbon-fiber or magnesium, there's just no way this is getting sold for $600 each.

VW 1 Liter Car

"1-Liter Car Speculative Pricing
Rumors put the price at anywhere between "20,000 to 30,000 Euros (about $31,750 to $47,622)". But if oil prices keep climbing, that might be a bargain in 2010."
from this site.

The Tata Nano, on the other hand has promise for at least the folks in India.
$2,050 - 55.5 mpg
Is New Tata Nano the World’s Most Fuel Efficient Petrol Car?

Last edited by recallone; 03-31-2009 at 08:21 PM.
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:33 PM   #7
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

There you go and if he had tried to patent his idea or sell his invention, they would have bought him out or threatened him and your family.

What about Nickoli Tesla and his free energy car that didn't need to be recharged. This was 1930.

This is car similar to what he used.

Nikola Tesla's electric car

After the AC induction motor, we think that the greatest invention of Tesla was the electric car. This was no ordinary battery driven car because this car took its power from the ether, just like an automobile antenna picks up radio waves from the ether.

In 1931, under the financing of Pierce-Arrow and George Westinghouse, a 1931 Pierce-Arrow was selected to be tested at the factory grounds in Buffalo, N.Y. The standard internal combustion engine was removed and an 80-H.P. 1800 r.p.m. electric motor installed to the clutch and transmission. The AC motor measured 40 inches long and 30 inches in diameter and the power leads were left standing in the air—no external power source and no recharging of any batteries was necessary.

At the appointed time, Nikola Tesla arrived from New York City and inspected the Pierce-Arrow automobile. He then went to a local radio store and purchased a handful of tubes (12), wires and assorted resistors. A box measuring 24 inches long, 12 inches wide and 6 inches high was assembled housing the circuit. The box was placed on the front seat and had its wires connected to the air-cooled, brushless motor. Two rods 1/4" in diameter stuck out of the box about 3" in length.

Mr. Tesla got into the driver's seat, pushed the two rods in and stated, "We now have power". He put the car into gear and it moved forward! This vehicle, powered by an AC motor, was driven to speeds of 90 m.p.h. and performed better than any internal combustion engine of its day! One week was spent testing the vehicle. Several newspapers in Buffalo reported this test. When asked where the power came from, Tesla replied, "From the ether all around us".

Similar 1931 Pierce-Arrow that was converted to electric power by Tesla.
Here is a report of the incident from Tesla biographer Marc J. Seifer:

"The car [was] a standard Pierce Arrow, with the engine removed and certain other components installed instead. The standard clutch, gear box, and drive train remained.... Under the hood, there was a brushless electric motor, connected to [or in place of] the engine.... Tesla would not divulge who made the motor.
Set into the dash was a "power receiver" consisting of a box ... containing 12 radio tubes.... A vertical antenna, consisting of a 6 ft. rod, was installed and connected to the power receiver [which was] in turn, connected to the motor by two heavy, conspicuous cables.... Tesla pushed these in before starting and said: "We now have power."
If this tale is to be believed, it would mean that Tesla had also installed one of his powerful oscillators somewhere near Niagara Falls to provide the wireless energy needed to power the vehicle."(Seifer, Wizard. The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla, p. 419

http://www.reformation.org/nikola-tesla.html

Old 03-31-2009, 10:40 PM   #8
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Tesla's electric car drove J.P. Morgan, Rockefeller, and Henry Ford CRAZY!!

With the discovery of electricity, everybody expected that all cars would be electric and run on rechargeable batteries. Tesla had gone one better and actually produced a working automobile that ran on electricity taken from the surrounding ether like an antenna picks up radio waves. This would revolutionize travel just like his AC induction motor had revolutionized the industrial world.

The 3 stooges Morgan, Rockefeller, and Ford had to sabotage his idea at all costs....No air polluting gasoline engine meant no oil monopoly for Rockefeller and the Standard Oil Company. No oil monopoly meant no excuse for Rockefeller to own the U.S. government, and no excuse to be involved in foreign countries . . . especially those surrounding Russia.

All of Tesla's papers were confiscated by the FBI after his death!!

As Tesla approached his final years, most of his close friends and benefactors were dead. The man who had electrified the planet was almost forgotten by the world....Most of his last days were spent feeding the pigeons in Bryant Park in front of the public library on Fifth Ave.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:50 PM   #9
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Susan, but this whole thing is the best example of how the PTB have enslaved us all by our dependacy on oil and the suppression of free energy devices.

Could you imagine what a wonderful inexpensive world this would be if we took the cost of energy out of the equasion?

Old 04-01-2009, 02:49 AM   #10
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Default Zero emission no noise (zenn)

I think this is another way to go!

ZERO EMISSION NO NOISE (ZENN)
http://www.zenncars.com/

Driving a Zenn NEV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvLGA_DNVaU

Zenn car part 1 Canadian Electric car. Sold in US
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxQS5iZi-C4

There are many videos about the ZENN car on YouTube!

I WANT ONE!
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:32 AM   #11
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Zero emission no noise (zenn)

cool post Susan.....

your dad was right...

theyve known since the early 1940's that gasoline and oil is not needed to run cars.

they found it can be done with water, or air...

but of course.... where would all the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$'s be going that route? lol

sad.

thanks for the post.
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:13 AM   #12
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I heard about someone who put a couple of tablets in a water-filled(possibly with a small amount of gasoline-not sure) gas tank to power a car. Was this your dad? I heard the oil companies purchased the idea and shelved it...permanently. There aparently are some water injection systems which enhance engine performance...and keep the motor very clean! Did Tesla get most of his ideas from the Vatican Library when he was a youth? Did he have a photographic memory...and reproduce what he had viewed? If so...who would have ownership of this technology? Is Tesla the source of anti-gravity technology? I don't know...but I wonder.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:40 AM   #13
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

I believe I read that Tesla got the full design of something in his head and would know exactly how it would work. ET download?
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:05 AM   #14
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
I believe I read that Tesla got the full design of something in his head and would know exactly how it would work. ET download?

maybe not ET... but maybe...

but downloads none the less.
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #15
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M88k...eature=related

Unless it has change it is ilegal to drive a Zenn car in Canada, except in B.C. I believe.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #16
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Default Zero emission no noise (zenn)

I checked their website for dealer locations... and there are several in California where I live! Cool!
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #17
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Here is an EXCELLENT bio of Tesla. Short and sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8Y9...eature=related
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:15 AM   #18
OmarEastwind
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for that Tesla video link...amazing man. If not for J.P. Morgan, the world might have had unlimited free energy for the past 100 years. I can't even imagine how different the world might be if we didn't have an oil based, profit and greed driven world economy...
OmarEastwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:42 AM   #19
mkspllmn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarEastwind View Post
Thanks for that Tesla video link...amazing man. If not for J.P. Morgan, the world might have had unlimited free energy for the past 100 years. I can't even imagine how different the world might be if we didn't have an oil based, profit and greed driven world economy...
Can you imagine that? One man, J.P. Morgan, changed the world for 100 years.

If you could do that, what would you do?
mkspllmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #20
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Zero emission no noise (zenn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyT View Post

I checked their website for dealer locations... and there are several in California where I live! Cool!

the chief irony of the ZENN car, is that it is canadain, revolutionary and needed at this time, BUT, one cannot buy them in canada, except in quebec.
i always knew that the quebecois were too civilized to have to live in canada.
( i'm a canadian that is so embarrassed by my government lately, that i'd declare sovereinty if i could.)
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:39 AM   #21
mkspllmn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE eXchanger View Post
Did he ever work for the government?
mkspllmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:12 AM   #22
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkspllmn View Post
Did he ever work for the government?
yes, he did
Old 01-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #23
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

U. Serenity has the sense of it, really...
"I WANT, I WANT, I WANT"

I happen to enjoy driving.

The day I need "conveying" I hope someone has the good sense to call a hearse to do it.

Electric cars miss the boat on two accounts.
1. They have all the sex appeal, and thrill of an electric toothbrush, or a well designed toilet.

2. They change nothing.
a) You are still converting oil into torque to turn a wheel. The only difference is you are doing it at some power station, instead of at the back of your car. power required, hence oil burned remains the same.
b) "they" still win, because there is still a meter on the amount used; the main reason none of Tesla's ideas never caught on.
c) what you don't spend on electricity you will spend on batteries, with the same disposal problem with a new face.

The best answer going right now is hydrogen. 300 hp engines are easy. A little work produces one at 400 hp. Your car leaves naught behind but a dribble of water.

How it is generated remains the only catch. But it is no more expensive than gasoline, really.

One big difference? Until some country figures out how to corner all the air on the planet over their territory;
* available to all, and
* no shortage exists, is generated.

With a nuclear plant doing the work, it becomes very clean. (ZP comes later, once made commercial)

Until then... I am quite happy with what I chose.

Price as purchased used: $8,900
Mileage: 32 mpg (80 mph on freeway with A/C blasting away, 1 occupant)
Mileage: 28 mpg (2 persons, with luggage, over 500 mile trip)
Mileage: 26 mpg (4 adults, plus "stuff" over 400 mile trip)

You also have to factor in one other item, too.
I purchased an already existing vehicle.

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:10 AM   #24
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Who needs a car when you can teleport...
truthseekerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:11 AM   #25
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
you can NOT pay men/or women $28-$35 to sweep brooms !!!
Why not? I make close to $13 a hour doing that. For all the **** that I put up with from people, I wouldn't settle for anything less.

Regardless, while it looks like a cute little car, there's no room to hold a backpack or a few groceries. It would only be suitable for a single person, which wouldn't be very useful in Shanghai where you have families that need a cheap and economical way to get around.

BUT IT'S A VOLKSWAGEN!

I love Volkswagens.

Last edited by Humble Janitor; 04-02-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote