Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Healing

Notices

Healing Spiritual and Alternative Healing

Old 12-28-2009, 07:13 AM   #1
yellowcosmicseed
Avalon Senior Member

Question I am asking for some spiritual advice regarding abuse...

Because this is the healing section i am posting this. I hope that this is suitable for this forum. I dont think this would be the best place for help, or maybe it is. Well this is a spiritual issue.

I was child abused (father) and I still feel great darkness. I am a loner, a mid-teen, and very dissociative. I don't criticize myslef much, I am just very passive and I mope around. I daydream a lot and i am always very tense. I feel like a cloud of fog. I do have PTSD.

I am asking for spiritual advice which is better then secular psychology.

Last edited by yellowcosmicseed; 12-28-2009 at 07:17 AM.
yellowcosmicseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:32 AM   #2
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: I am asking for some spiritual advice regarding abuse...

Hi cosmicseed,

Welcome to Project Avalon.

Any healing work is based on the healer guiding the healee towards self healing through the healee's Higher self. You can learn to contact your higher self for self healing via a variety of mechanisms. You should take a look at http://www.spiritual-midwife.com/_Br...ter_Index.html as this is work you can personally do in your own time. You have taken the greatest step of all in realising you need help. Now your higher self can step in and guide you. I will pray for your higher self to get in touch with you.
Initiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Here are my recommendations. I have personally done all of these with positive results:

(1) The Sedona Method
http://www.amazon.com/Sedona-Method-...1985007&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Sedona-Method-Course-Set/dp/B0027JPAKM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261985007&sr=8-9

You can do this with either the book or the audio CD set. If you do the book version, you will have to work a bit harder to commit to it and get your mind out of the way.

(2) Transcedental Meditation

I would recommend finding a local teacher who can assist you in learning TM. Don't go to the official organizations that will charge thousands, but look for someone who has been doing this for several years on their own. It's helpful to find a teacher who can check you and make sure you aren't developing bad habits and also provide somewhat of a mirror for the process. If you can't find a teacher, it can be learned on your own, but it's a little bit harder.

(3) Read est Book
http://www.amazon.com/Book-Est-Luke-...1985129&sr=1-2

I was given this book by a friend and it's hard to believe it's selling for $65 used on Amazon.com. That said, I would say it's still worth it.

(4) Read The Power of Now book
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Now-Guid...1985162&sr=1-1

If you aren't already familiar with this material, it will give you some ways to end any type of suffering or adverse mental states.

(5) Yoga
You can find this at a local gym or yoga studio. In many places, weekend classes are offered for free or very nominal cost.

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
Spiralina
Avalon Senior Member

PTSD is a medical condition. Treat it as such. PTSD presents itself in two forms... one of hyper vigilence and the other, becoming a wallflower, as you say, mopeing around, avoiding interactions with life in general.

Simplify your diet, don't consume anything that stimulates the nervous system. Quiet your environment.

Living a life that mimics camping in the forest offers wonderful benefit. I've known of folks who limited their exposure to electrical power lines, electronics, to the point of living off grid who then experienced healing by returning to a lifestyle of natural circadian rhythm.

Research the circadian rhythm.

We're living in unnatural conditions disruptive to our nature and which affects the nervous system and consequently our health.

Difficult? There are trade offs. We acquire nervous disorders due to artificial lifestyles.

Check out research on nature's circadian rhythm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circadian_rhythm

Adjusting to changes like daylight savings time causes harm...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1024123249.htm

Incidences of accidents go up after changes to our clocked schedules.

And if what I've said to this point does not convince you...

....Check This out!

http://www.samgoldstein.com/node/144

My aplogies if I've offended anyone.

Warm Regards to All.
Spiralina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
Spiralina
Avalon Senior Member

The last link offers psychatric jargon which I say is not going to help you personally. I wanted you to note the headlines that ptsd is a medical condition, not a pyshiatric conditioon that is remedied with a natural lifestyle which is difficult in our society due to chronic exposure to electrical wiring and electronic gadgets like cell phones and televisions and electric alarm clocks and artificial lighting....

I wished I had looked into the link a little better before posting the message.

In spite of the bad choice of selecting that last link...... I hope you get the jist in spite of propagandized nature of the last link I provided... I was attracked to this....

Legal Update #26 Long Term Treatment for PTSD; Traumatic Brain Injury Link to Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder

Please treat with nature and not with psychiatric drugs.

My apology for this... I'll dig a little deeper to find the connection for natural treatments for PTSD specific to living as naturally as possible.

My mistake... :0(
Old 01-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #6
redtailhawk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcosmicseed View Post
Because this is the healing section i am posting this. I hope that this is suitable for this forum. I dont think this would be the best place for help, or maybe it is. Well this is a spiritual issue.

I was child abused (father) and I still feel great darkness. I am a loner, a mid-teen, and very dissociative. I don't criticize myslef much, I am just very passive and I mope around. I daydream a lot and i am always very tense. I feel like a cloud of fog. I do have PTSD.

Hi Yellowcosmicseed,

Did I read this right? You are a "mid-teen"? If this is true you are certainly very knowledgeable already. I would recommend reading the book, Waking the Tiger, I forget the author, Peter something.....I figured out while reading the book, that I had PTSD. I was clueless prior to reading the book....just the fact I could identify the symtoms I was having gave me some relief. LOVE is the best solution; yet when a victim is traumatized it is so hard to trust anyone....just take it easy, and try to open your heart to good people, there are genuine loving and caring people out there that you can heal with. A big hug to you.

Last edited by redtailhawk; 02-28-2010 at 12:17 AM.
redtailhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
Spiralina
Avalon Senior Member

I hope I"m not disturbing anyone who is reading this string...

But, You asked for spiritual advice for treating symptoms of PTSD...

It's not simple to do because you have to overstand the physical connection that we have to our spiritual self.

By limiting your exposure to electrical gadgets, and artificial lighting, and listen to your body... in acheiving 'a natural environment', 'natural therapeutic levels of sleep', you will gradually revert back to it's natural state. Your spirit may respond first.

I wish you all the best.

Especially as anyone attempts to understand my messages. I've been accused of being a little confusing. My apologies.

You might check out spiritual herbs for treating nervous disoders. Otherwise known as herbs that calm the nerves, which comfort the soul and spirit.

Then there's rocking therapy.

Not alot is written about this. A baby is held, kept warm and rocked by her/his mother. I don't know why but it must be important to our development because it's inherent and observed the world over, every culture, tribe... the mothers and fathers rock or swing thier infant.

There's nothing on the market other then the hammock and the rocking chair to treat with. But this is something else to consider.

The act of rocking is in my opinion, a special treatment for PTSD.

Use a hammock and a comfortable rocking chair. If outside place a wind harp nearby. Soothing natural Tone vibrations has a healing affect our spirits.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...&hl=en&tab=wv#

I shouldn't overlook the healing potential of sleeping on the ground and walking barefoot.

Then there's the bodies response to the soothing vibrations of trickling water. Need for water is inherent and is of primal significance. Listening to water trickling can induce trance or the hypnotic state. Example... The combined vibrations (a babbling brook and tones of the wind harp) is likened to a harmonic convergence within the body.

It's easier to overstand if you compare the modern lifestyle with the lifestyles of the say... ; indigenous 'uncivilized' tribes people.

All of this and more... is the reason I began studying lifestyles of early pagan and indigenous peoples.

Gosh... I've really overdone it now. Please don't be offended... I merely offer my thoughts, in good faith.

Kind Regards,
Old 01-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
tintagelcave
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: I am asking for some spiritual advice regarding abuse...

Hi YellowCosmicSeed, I am a YellowCosmicStar and after I read your message, I decided to step in to give some advise. I have no experience with abuse myself. I take care of children a lot and know about distress in them.
I think you need to work on the issue of abuse with another human, any human you can trust and accept. I know of a healing way, that Brandon Bays uses with herself and others, it's called The Healing Journey and you can do it with someone who can guide you through this Journey. Actually it's a book also. It's a great way of combining creativity and awakening emotions, allowing you to create your own path in this Journey, without prescribed methods. To be with someone is a great support in allowing yourself to process emotions that are strong, as probably is the case, as you mention a passive attitude and PTS. Aren't these labels actually a bit crazy? You have every right to create a shield, to be able to cope with daily life, but I understand it's no fun for you, as it is. When you are ready for help, I think someone who is familiar with Brandon Bays work, can help you. In fact, any experienced healer that is familiar with the subject of abuse, when coming from the heart, can be a support for you.
Doing it on your own can create a feedback loop, where it's hard to pick yourself up, out of the quicksand, so to speak. I wish you courage and a forgiving heart, YellowCosmicSeed!
tintagelcave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:32 PM   #9
allhealing
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

This is what I observere in your energyfield. Just as you already have said, your energy is hidden deep within you and that is ofcourse understandable as of what you have already said.

As mentioned above a very good thing to do is to talk to another person that you trust 100%.

As I observe your entire energy field, you tend to hide it all inside an energy sphere and no energy gets past that sphere. You totally controll the sphere and let no one inside it. This of course creates distans to other people around you as you already have observed.

It is therefore adviseble to first find a person that has you full trust. Advisebly a professional person that knows how to handle these matters.

Hopfully this will give you a clue of where to start. Good luck now.
allhealing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:40 PM   #10
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I am asking for spiritual advice which is better then secular psychology
I know its not the best thing to say (and I'm pretty sure someone has said this to you before), but, first of all know that you are not alone by any measure. There are millions of people in the world with similar problems and they all have to deal with those issues too. So, please at least take comfort in that.

Matter of fact the majority of the world probably suffer the same severity albeit maybe just a different set of problems. Some people have it bad financially, others with their oppressive governments, and then there are others who fall into the category of victims of countless things.

You don't have to look for a spiritual solution (or psychological for that matter), you just need to find a reasonable resolution for your paradox, something that makes you forgive but not necessarily forget. I suggest this is the best time for you to be as close to your loved ones as possible, always be with family or whoever is closest to you, the people you know you can count-on no matter what.

Hope this helps friend, and welcome to Avalon.

Last edited by Majorion; 02-27-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:07 AM   #11
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

love..i wish you love,,,
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:30 AM   #12
TraineeHuman
Avalon Senior Member

Yellowcosmicseed, congratulations on identifying what your problem is. As far as I understand, that's always the biggest step in solving any problem. (You're halfway there already, truly.) The remaining step is to face your problem fully. I consider that facing things is the most spiritual thing any person can ever do. Of course, where things like meditation do come into the picture here is, they open up and increase the joy and peace and wisdom and strength inside of you. But yes, it does hurt, at first, when you face things. Also when you decide to act and make changes to your life.

So, if I had your problem, one thing I would do would be to meditate long enough every day that I would feel fully OK, and even joyful, inside. You seem to be instinctively almost trying to do that already, because you talk of the "haze" you are in. Meditation will bring in lots of healing light into you, which makes the darkness go away. Not only that, but I would meditate so much that I would be able to kind of "cover" the world around me all the time with OKness and even joy. I wouldn't care if this meant I had to drop everything else, other than my obligations to study/work etc. I wouldn't care if this took up five hours of my time every day, until the problem gets solved. First things first.

Another thing I would do is learn how to forgive my father, and whoever else may need to be forgiven. I hate to mention yet more reading material, but there's a book in paperback called Radical Forgiveness, by Colin Tipping. It gives you 26 steps you need to go through, one by one, insight by insight, until you get to true forgiveness. You'll know when you've reached true forgiveness because at that point you'll understand with your heart and your mind that back then your father did the best that he had understood to do. You'll understand that he was only human, and weak, and he would have behaved much the same way with any kid he had control of. You'll also forgive yourself, and realise it wasn't your fault, and understand that you can trust yourself now and that you're strong enough to handle the world around you.

This forum has so many members who are natural healers. Simply by making your post here you are getting a huge boost of supportive psychic energy and love, for now. If I were you, I'd act now, and not waste all that good energy.

You may have heard how in Chinese, they use the same word for "crisis" as they do for "opportunity". You do have the choice to take whatever steps are necessary to stop carrying this crisis around with you everywhere. Or else you can have it on your back for the rest of your life, if you never make the choice to act. If I were you. I'd start noticing every day whether in little things I'm choosing to keep the crisis or to work on taking the opportunity a tiny bit further.

People in their mid-teens are often very, very spiritual -- particularly the ones who daydream a lot. That's not a weakness. It's a gift. Western culture tends to criticise detachment (one of the highest and most important aspects of true spirituality) as just being "passive", or, supposedly, "uninvolved".
TraineeHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #13
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

hello yellowcosmicseed ...

i hope you are doing well ...

it saddens me that you have had to experience what you had ... and from a parent ... one who is supposed to protect you from harm ...

so ... you must move forward from what was ... do not try to bury it for it will always creep into your life ... slowly placing greater density upon your shoulders to carry ... it is not how it is meant to be ... you must move forward in your life making choices for yourself that are free and clear of such darkness you experience in the now ...

only way to do this is to allow this experience to come to the surface ... for healing ... dark to light ...
there has been many beneficial suggestions already posted on how you can do this for yourself ... please find one that resonates with yourself ... and begin ... the longer you wait ... the more challenging it will become for you to do so ... begin today if you haven't already ... perhaps start with conversing with one individual you can fully trust ... as i said ... allow it to come to the surface ... it probably won't feel good to do so ... but a necessity ...
allow for your healing to commence ...

and know ... you will desire perhaps an apology ... an acknowledgement for certain ... from your father regarding this ... but know ... he may never meet your expectation to do so ... and IF this is the case ... know your healing will not arrive in his doing so ... it will come from within YOU ... the significance does not lie within his words ... if he acknowledges his actions ... it will feel good ... absolutely ... but your healing ... will stem from your own core ...

when you bring this to the surface ... wash it ... heal from it ... you will have forgiven him in the process as well ... i know you may not think this can be ... but if you deal with it ... incorporate some of what others have written to you here ... you WILL ... come to peace with it ...

it is time to step out of the darkness yellowcosmicseed ... and live forth in the light ... live in happiness ... no carrying this weight upon your shoulders ... do not allow it to govern you ... go beyond any present fear in the now ... speak to someone you trust ... meditate ... etc. ...

you have much strength to have written what you have ... i hope you are already on your way to healing from this ... it won't happen overnight ... but for yourself ... i feel it will occur relatively quickly ... because you want it to ...

love to you ...

blessings ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #14
gita
Avalon Senior Member

I just noticed that Yellowcosmicseed posted his concerns couple of months ago and he his last post was in January. I do hope he gets to read the beautiful messages left for him on this thread.

Much love and healing to Yellowcosmicseed.
gita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #15
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Hi yellowcosmicseed, welcome to Avalon.

So sorry to read your post. My humble advice would be to nix that moping as best you can. Try to find something that interests you, that really makes you happy, and dive in. Music, a sport, moutain biking, hiking, writing, ooh jiu-jitsu or any martial art (though I highly recomend jiu-jitsu). Squash that self criticism too, you've had the deck stacked against you, and now you're starting to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps. I think that's pretty awesome kid. Hang in there.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #16
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

As backwards as it may sound, the key to healing from anything in the past is forgiveness. Not in the terms of letting the person off the hook. More the kind of forgiveness where you are simply giving yourself permission to let go of it. With the kind of stuff you are talking about, it is going to be like peeling an onion. There are going to be layer upon layer of embeded emotion in the past. The strange thing is that you actually forgive yourself for how you feel about it, not the person responsible. The following is very helpful towards peeling the layers of that onion.

INNER VOICE: I love you, please forgive me, I am sorry, thank you
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote