Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Perception .. who is the perceiver ?

The subject of this film you are about to watch reveals a crucial secret of your life.
You should watch it very attentively for it concers a subject liable to make fundamental changes in your outlook of the material world .
The content of this film is not a different approach or a philosophical thought:
it is a fact which is also proven by science today .

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
Spregovori

Default Re: Perception .. who is the perceiver ?

I have seen this video before.

Why is the perception of the filmed matter the same as of the "real" matter?Does the recording camera see stuff the same way we see it?
Or it is just the technology that "captures" what we see?

If so...is technology being "fooled" by the source of matter or is there a flaw in a human design of that technology?

Why do we all perceive matter the same way? Or do we?

How do we know we all see green in a same way? We were just told something is green...but do we all see it in the same way?

Maybe we do...since...we all taste in the same way....most of us react the same upon eating something sour for example...

The image forms...decodes...inside my brain..does that really mean that it is inside of me? Isn't it more accurate to say that the image decodes inside of me (the brain) but the source of the signal...is still outside....?

Why are dream perceptions temporary and not lasting like the "real" perception?

When we sleep is that real or just a perception? What happens with the source of the signal that projects all that is when we sleep? Why do we sleep? If all is perception..than we just perceive us as being tired?

Why do we all perceive this in this way...ever since birth?

It can not be simply just that we are told that the world is "flat"....are we subjugated to some sort of rules?

IF we just simply are...and can be whatever we want to be...
IF there is no "must" for anyone to become or do anything..

Than we are fooling ourselves. We are at the same time the source and the receiver of the signal. We just do not know it?

Is there some set of rules? Something limiting us...preventing us to go beyond our means?

Since we can not just simply decide to STOP perceiving something in a curtain way and START perceiving it differently. OR is it that "we can not do that" just another perception?

Do we have a never ending circle here?

IF we are endless in all that is and all able in all that is

Why don't we do it? Why cant we do it?

1st you believe, than you perceive? Think you can...and you shall?

Last edited by Spregovori; 01-09-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Only the dead can die, not the living. That which is alive in you is immortal.
In reality there is only the source, dark in itself, making everything shine. Unperceived, it causes perception. Unfelt, it causes feeling. Unthinkable, it causes thought. Non-being, it gives birth to being. It is the immovable background of motion. Once you are there, you are at home everywhere.
In reality there are no others, and by helping yourself you help
everybody else.
That which you are, your true self, you love it, and whatever you do, you do for your own happiness. To find it, to know it, to cherish it is your basic urge. Since time immemorial you loved yourself, but never wisely. Use your body and mind wisely in the service of the self, that is all. Be true to your own self, love yourself absolutely. Do not pretend that you love others as yourself. Unless you have realized them as one with yourself, you cannot love them. Don't pretend to be what you are not, don't refuse to be what you are. Your love of others is the result of self- knowledge, not its cause. Without self-realization, no virtue is genuine. When you know beyond all doubting that the same life flows through all that is and you are that life, you will love all naturally and spontaneously. When you realize the depth and fullness of yourself, you know that every living being and the entire universe are included in your affection. But when you look at anything as separate from you, you cannot love it for you are afraid of it. Alienation causes fear and fear deepens alienation. It is a vicious circle. Only self-realization can break it. Go for it resolutely.
Visit Nisargadatta.net , or Prahlad for more info. To purchase I Am That, click To Order
I see what you too could see, here and now, but for the wrong focus of your attention. You give no attention to your self. Your mind is all with things, people and ideas, never with your self. Bring your self into focus, become aware of your own existence. See how you function, watch the motives and results of your actions. Study the prison you have built around yourself, by inadvertence.

The seeker is he who is in search of himself. Give up all questions except one: 'Who am I?' After all, the only fact you are sure of is that you are. The 'I am' is certain. The 'I am this' is not. Struggle to find out what you are in reality. To know what you are, you must first investigate and know what you are not. Discover all that you are not - body, feelings, thoughts, time, space, this or that - nothing, concrete or abstract, which you perceive can be you. The very act of perceiving shows that you are not what you perceive. The clearer you understand that on the level of mind you can be described in negative terms only, the quicker will you come to the end of your search and realize that you are the limitless being.

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

What is really your own, you are not conscious of. What you are conscious of is neither you nor yours. Yours is the power of perception, not what you perceive. It is a mistake to take the conscious to be the whole of man. Man is the unconscious, the
conscious and the superconscious, but you are not the man.Yours is the cinema screen, the light as well as the seeing power, but the picture is not you.

Nisargadatta Maharaj as seen in the book I Am That

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
Spregovori

You know Mudra...it is interesting....I have been told before that...I do not care "enough" for myself.... which is true

I could go and move the mountain...but not to please me....

I never pretended (it would be dishonest) to love others the same way as I do "love" myself...I always cared more....much, much more...and that...I was told...is/was my downfall

When I think...I do so...inside of me...based on what I know that keeps me safe...and what I "perceive" as progress

Going outside the box is hard for me wen I do not understand what is either said or written...that is why I do try to "get it" in a way that is understandable to me... there is an enormous problem here when it comes to "getting it" - I am only one, one mind....but eventually it might happen...

But I think that what you are saying is - stop looking for the answers outside of you... (a huge "abstract" to ponder, not to mention the complete change of almost everything in my life)

on behalf of myself, I thank you
Old 01-09-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
haibane
Avalon Senior Member

I've been thinking about an intelligent reply, and then realized I'd likely spend the rest of the night typing it, and it would come across as silly/pretentious/whatnot, so just

thank you (^_^ )
haibane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
mikey
Avalon Senior Member

very informative and important....thank you my sweet

peace and love always
mikey
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #8
ubiquitousquintessence
Avalon Senior Member

I found myself watching the video and saying to myself..."but the brain is no more real than any other perception, and is certainly not the source of perception." Good thing I watched all the way through.
Thank you, mudra, for the video and the quotes.
ubiquitousquintessence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #9
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

Beautiful mudra, and thank you.

~Eyes can be deceiving, at times the unseen is worth believing.~

In light, of love
Shaynard
Shaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #10
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Mudra...this is perhaps the most important piece of the 'puzzle' we call reality.
By my way of thinking, if this concept were more widely accepted, it would spell the end of ego based turmoil. It is my deepest hope that one day this train of thought will replace, as now, outdated rhetoric of religious supremacy. Which in turn will usher in a new found order of peace.

This is science and religion beginning to merge...in my humble opinion.
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #11
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Spregovori

Quote:
But I think that what you are saying is - stop looking for the answers outside of you...
You got it right my friend

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #12
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

hi mudra ... thank you for this ...
watching this video has reminded me of my own life ... how i have always lived from within out ... rather than from without in ...
it has felt i lived 95% from intuition ... that place from within ... connectedness with higher self ... these last few years it feels something's happening to that last 5% now ...
it isn't that i hadn't trusted my eyes to see what they do ... moreso ... if what i felt from within ... felt truer than what my eyes seen without ... then the without gets overriden by the within and i must go with that ... heart place i suppose ... without has never had the power for me as does the within ... truth i have always felt within ... could never find it without ...
i'll stop now before i go off on a tangent and ramble ...

i'm going to show this clip to my father who is totally visually impaired ... should generate some good conversation ... who actually is the perceiver ...

i aqgree with rareheart ... science and religion beginning to merge ...
the rigidness of both thus far ... coming to a balance ... integrating ... through newfound flexibility ...

thanks again ... i shall be processing this today i think ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #13
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareheart View Post

This is science and religion beginning to merge...in my humble opinion.
A very good sign ...as this is spirit remembering itself as the creator of all that is .

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #14
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

I'd like to expand a bit on the concepts presented here.
At the end of the video in the original post, the narrator used TV as a metaphor, in an attempt to draw a parallel describing who the "perceiver" is.

(In pure speculation) I suppose this might help explain how we are all one being, experiencing apparently endless variations on a theme we call 'life'. Just as a television tuner receives and interprets a signal, I think our DNA both receives and transmits signals to and from the 'one being' that we truly are...not in a "physical" sense...not measurable by any physical means, however, just as "real" as anything that can be called 'real'.
Using the same 'mechanism' that presents us with so many questions about how other species communicate. For instance, the fluidity with which a school of fish or flock of birds can act as one being (ever see a "bait ball"?).

Rupert Sheldrake proposed a mechanism he calls Morphogenic Field theory, which utilizes unseen methods of communication we are all very familiar with...even crossing lines of species. How does your dog know you are on your way home? How does a flock of birds take flight instantaneously?

I think all the laws of nature have been agreed upon by our collective consciousness...the laws of thermodynamics are mutable, as are all other physical "laws", provided we can overcome our preoccupation with what we perceive as being "real". In other words, we can't fly because we have all agreed that it is impossible.
When a critical mass of us believe in something...so shall it be.
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #15
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyes View Post

i'm going to show this clip to my father who is totally visually impaired ... should generate some good conversation ... who actually is the perceiver ...

Futureyes let us know how he receives this ..this will be interesting.

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #16
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

No matter how long you may keep trying, struggling, striving, wanting, and seeking, you will one day come to the One Way that is easy and sure. You have the right to walk in the hard way as long as you choose; but when you are tired of wasting time, when you have fallen and bruised yourself to the point of giving up, when you have proven that man is a 'broken reed' and not worthy to be depended upon, when you have satisfied yourself as to your own weakness, and when you are convinced that there is no way out, then you will find the way in, and you will find it to be an easy way, filled with love and peace- the secret place where wisdom, courage, health and strength abound. Then you will begin to live.

From 1932 until 1954 Lloyd Arthur Meeker wrote and spoke using the pen name Uranda. The name Uranda means "He who radiates the harmonizing ray."

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #17
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareheart View Post
I suppose this might help explain how we are all one being, experiencing apparently endless variations on a theme we call 'life'. Just as a television tuner receives and interprets a signal, I think our DNA both receives and transmits signals to and from the 'one being' that we truly are...not in a "physical" sense...not measurable by any physical means, however, just as "real" as anything that can be called 'real'.
Using the same 'mechanism' that presents us with so many questions about how other species communicate. For instance, the fluidity with which a school of fish or flock of birds can act as one being (ever see a "bait ball"?).
And I believe the key to that all encompassing being , that Consciousness that expresses itself through us all lays in our Heart . Our heart is the gate from Self being to Omnibeing ...the door to cross to move from the world of illusion and separation to the world of abundance and everlasting joy.For Love is our essence .. that power within that brings balance and harmony .

He who is motivated by selfless love.. in this is the way which leads into the Temple of Light. He who has entered into the Temple of Light needs no further teaching from the outer teachers, and books cannot reveal more to him.

Being aware of these things, through your own experience in the letting, you shall see that it is easy to distinguish the inner urge from the outer idea, in that the inner urge is ALWAYS vibrating to the force of love, thinking not of itself but giving every consideration to the radiation of light, love and life in a lasting service to mankind. The outer idea vibrates to WHAT IT THINKS. The inner urge vibrates to WHAT IT KNOWS. The outer idea is concerned about itself or those who are of family ties or selfish choice, as it is also concerned about things, and ways and means. The inner urge gives no thought to persons, places or things, and gives no heed to ways and means, for it knows that all that is necessary is provided already, and to it one person is as worthy as another, being no respecter of persons because it makes the ever-present moment supreme in radiation..

From the tryune ray by Uranda

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #18
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The seeker is he who is in search of himself. Soon he discovers that his own body he cannot be. Once the conviction: ' I am not the body' becomes so well grounded that he can no longer feel, think and act for and on behalf of the body, he will easily discover that he is the universal being, knowing, acting, that in him and through him the entire universe is real, conscious and active.

Nisargadatta Maharaj

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #19
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Questioner: It will take much time if I just wait for self-realization.
Maharaj: What have you to wait for when it is already here and now? You have only to look and see. Look at your self, at your own being. You know that you are and you like it. Abandon all imagining, that is all. Do not rely on time. Time is death. Who waits--dies. Life is now only. Do not talk to me about past and future--they exist only in your mind.
Questioner: You too will die.
Maharaj: I am dead already. Physical death will make no difference in my case. I am timeless being. I am free of desire or fear, because I do not remember the past or imagine the future. Where there are no names and shapes, how can there be desire and fear? With desirelessness comes timelessness. I am safe, because what is not, cannot touch what is. You feel unsafe, because you imagine danger. Of course, your body as such is complex and vulnerable and needs protection. But not you. Once you realize your own unassailable being, you will be at peace.
Questioner: How can I find peace when the world suffers?
Maharaj: The world suffers for very valid reasons. If you want to help the world, you must be beyond the need of help. Then all your doing as well as not doing will help the world most effectively.

Nisargatta Maharaj

Love Always
mudra