Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 04-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default I smell foul play in the US banks....

Hi Everyone,

So the stress test has been done and the results given to the banks today. The banks were told to keep this information private until May 4th when an official announcement will be made with the results for us mere mortals outside the banking sector.

Seriously, what does the Treasury think it's doing? Does it really think that the bank directors won't leak the information to their buddies?

Of course all the politicains will also have a copy of this report and also their friends and families.

This is an open invitation to white colar crime. In business terms this is called priviledged information and to act on it is a crime.

If all these people know this information before the investment companies and individual Wall Street investors (who are normally the last ones to know anyway) they can dump and buy whichever stock they think fit. Then when the stools come in contact with the fan and everybody is running to the failed banks to try and get their money out, or buy stocks of the banks that faired well in this test, it will all be too late. They will ony be able to sweep up the crumbs so's to speak.

Of course each bank will only get information pertaining itself, but in this day and age of dirty deals and politics, word will spread around and there will be mutual back scratching in the loop.

Let's see what happens.

Best regards,

Steve

Last edited by Steve_A; 04-24-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: I smell foul play in the US banks....

i'm sure you're right on the money steve.
again, the rich folks get the upper hand over the plebes.
the treasury knows exactly what it's doing.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Blessings Steve,

I spoke with a very respected Avalon member last night on Skype and he suggested something big happening this weekend.
He highly recommended checking out Larry Nichol's blog talk from yesterday.

"We Now Have a Communist Government"

Live today is: "The Fed's Are Getting Busted"

Link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Nichols-live

Stress-Tested Banks May Struggle as Bad Assets Triple

By Elizabeth Hester and Linda Shen

April 24 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. banks that get preliminary results today of government stress tests may struggle to raise money after bad assets at the biggest lenders almost tripled on average in the past year.

Pittsburgh-based PNC Financial Services Group Inc. saw nonperforming assets -- those no longer accruing interest -- jump more than fivefold in the first quarter from a year earlier. They more than quadrupled at U.S. Bancorp in Minneapolis. At 13 of the largest U.S. banks, bad assets increased 169 percent on average from a year ago, according to first-quarter data compiled by Bloomberg.

The tests on the 19 largest banks are likely to focus in part on loan quality as a measure of health. The lenders, which may need to raise $1 trillion in capital to cushion losses according to an April 23 KBW Inc. report, may have a hard time persuading investors to give them cash.

Article continues: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/wire.php?view=4432

Please also see this article about nationalization of the banks:

U.S. May Convert Banks’ Bailouts to Equity Share
April 20, 2009
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13337

I also saw on Yahoo minutes ago about GM getting another bailout, not a bankruptcy.

Treasury lends $2 billion more to GM

Associated Press

April 24, 2009

WASHINGTON - The Treasury Department said Friday it has provided General Motors Corp. with another $2 billion in federal loans as the giant automaker struggles to restructure.

The Treasury said that the payment was made to GM on Wednesday and provides working capital to the company.

A government report revealed earlier this week that the Treasury was prepared to provide GM with up to $5 billion more in federal loans and Chrysler with up to $500 million more in bailout support as they race against deadlines to restructure.

GM has until June 1 to complete restructuring plans that satisfy the government's auto task force, while Chrysler has until April 30.

Source: http://www.journalgazette.net/articl...49948/-1/BIZ09

Last edited by peaceandlove; 04-24-2009 at 10:31 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

I forgot to mention this Fever I Am Video:

Mike's commentary on Bank Stress Tests and Reinhardt's prediction of collapse on May 11th.

Don't Panic! Total banking collapse in May?

See articles linked at the right of this page under (more info).

Video (11:36): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9jtL...e=channel_page
Old 04-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

See also Karl Denninger's Blog:

"Make 'Em Eat It - Personally 4/24/2009

Excerpt:

Quote:
The Federal Reserve had no lawful authority to take on these "assets" and cannot acquire it "ex-post facto."

These acts were in fact direct violations of the law in that there was no legal basis for the actions taken. As such every single person at The Fed (and The Federal Reserve banks involved, such as Geithner at the NY Fed) must be held to legal account and not one taxpayer dollar must be allocated to bail out these blatantly unlawful acts.

I raised this back when Bear Stearns collapsed and pointed to the black-letter law and the fact that there was absolutely no authority under the law for what was being done.

Oh by the way, The Fed has also purchased $355 billion in MBS and $61 billion (cumulatively about $410 billion) from Fannie and Freddie - which are not guaranteed as to interest and principal under full faith and credit. Those purchases are also illegal.

THE LAWLESSNESS IN OUR GOVERNMENT MUST STOP.
Complete commentary: http://market-ticker.denninger.net/

Last edited by peaceandlove; 04-25-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #6
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Commentary with links to articles from Fever I Am's blogspot.

April 23, 2009

http://feveriam.blogspot.com/

Quote:
In other news this morning, leading up to a bi-annual meeting of the IMF and the World Bank, the IMF "warns that worldwide slump will be deeper than thought". The biggest news is the expected drop in GDP in Germany, with a decline of 5.6% expected.

Can anyone say 'scare tactics'? Looks like they are lining us up for a really bad report over the weekend - be sure to check out the IMF site on Sunday afternoon; Dominique Strass-Kahn is expected to have a news conference at 3:30 PM EDT.

Here's Ambrose Evans-Pritchard's take on the IMF's reaction to the crisis - Given its showing, shouldn't the IMF just pipe down?. Ambrose isn't too impressed with the IMF's handling of the situation so far, but does it really come as any surprise they've been keeping their hands in their pockets; waiting for the right time to come up with a "good solution"?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:11 AM   #7
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Looks like its happening sooner than they wanted. You can only control so much I guess.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:49 AM   #8
Camery
Avalon Senior Member

Interesting developments.
Then it seems to me, all is going as planned.
There seems to be no surprises here.
A bumpy ride? Some have been waiting for this to occur.
When the next step in the plan arrives the public needs to be accepting of it.
Camery is offline   Reply With Quote