Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Resources > Sharing Resources

Notices

Old 09-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #1
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year
Exclamation Gathering a list of peoples skills/ experience/ offerings

THIS IS IN PREPERATION FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS AS THEY MIGHT OCCUR...PLEASE ADD YOUR INFO ONTO THIS THREAD!!

Hi everyone!
This thread is intended only for adding your current practical skills/interests/experience . If we can all add to this list then we will more easily assimilate info and pin-point others who may be helpful at any given time if/when it all starts to seriously kick off...especially if we need to make quick decisions of what to do and where feels right and the best people to turn to for advice/help or action!!!

my skills and experience are.....
mediator/negotiation/ communication, counselling, group facillitation,
healing trauma , communal living, chairing meetings, interior/environmental design back ground, writing/drawing, surveys ..
I am essentially a 'caretaker & intuitive' type person who is willing and able to get her hands dirty and stuck in and learn many new skills ...

PLEASE KEEP THIS AS A LIST ONLY..LETS NOT DEBATE ON HERE..ANY QUESTIONS FOR ONE ANOTHER ...THEN EMAIL!

and onto the next person....!

Last edited by Kate; 09-06-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
Nenuphar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Gathering a list of peoples skills/ experience/ offerings

Hello from northern British Columbia, Canada

My skills/interests/jobs include:

-reflexologist
-teaching children ages 4-12
-second language French
-enjoy cooking and gardening
-starting to learn about herbal/natural remedies

This list is a great idea. The timing in interesting, as this morning I was thinking about all the small communities that will be forming, and wondering/worrying if I had anything worthwhile to offer. I know a bit about a lot of things, but know very little of the skills I think would be in high demand for these communities (e.g., electronics, ham radio operation, expert in farming & agriculture, nursing/medical skills, mechanics, etc).

Nenuphar
Nenuphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #3
MartyMcFailure
Avalon Senior Member

anyone from nyc lol. we will be the first to die perhaps. anyway hopefully like john titor says when the nukes come it wont be a surprise. my moms family is from kentucky so maybe ill go out there and live off the land.
MartyMcFailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:43 PM   #4
fastarr
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by fastarr; 10-07-2008 at 05:20 PM.
fastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:06 AM   #5
Mikey5856

Exclamation Re: Gathering a list of peoples skills/ experience/ offerings

Hi!
Mike Melton here. I am skilled at grief and trauma counselling and working with victims of PTSD. Also skilled at relaxation therapy, Group facilitating and psychotherapy. Also skilled at research and have strong internet and computing skills. I have writing skills also. Happy to help/be of service wen the need arises.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:07 AM   #6
Mikey5856

Exclamation Re: Gathering a list of peoples skills/ experience/ offerings

Hi!
Mike Melton here. I am skilled at grief and trauma counselling and working with victims of PTSD. Also skilled at relaxation therapy, Group facilitating and psychotherapy. Also skilled at research and have strong internet and computing skills. I have writing skills also. Happy to help/be of service when the need arises.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:00 AM   #7
messiah2012

hello,
skills, iq 213, w/poor spelling skills, hortoculture, inventor, problem solver, work extremly well under pressure, land surveying, autocad draftsman, artist, musician, dj, producer, sound engineer, reki & sekiem practioner, there is more things i can do these are just a few.
peace,
J.A.S.O.N.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:35 AM   #8
prem
Avalon Senior Member

My Skills/Experience

Technical :

Design/Create/Repairing Electronic circuits.
Design/Create/Repair Electrical Machines
Reverse engineering electronic circuits and debugging faults. Create many things out of disposed electronic equipments and components. Skilled in using Microcontrollers, Microprocessors, Digital Electronics, Analog Electronics, Reparing communication devices, Electric motors and controls, wiring electrical lines, Robotics is my latest area in which i am working.
In short, i am an electronics and Computer geek.

Good at Computer Programing, in simple a Software Professional who does programming. I know a handful of languages enough to create anything and nothing

Very Good at learning any technology new or old at the shortest time and use it readily.

My self:

I do meditation for 2hrs per day (1hr in the morning and 1 hr before sleep). I practice self healing and try cure my self at times of sick. I spend a lot of time reading about mediation and practicing. I live in the internet.

Prem

Last edited by prem; 09-07-2008 at 01:51 AM.
prem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:46 AM   #9
SirKnight
Avalon Senior Member

Well let's see where do I start. I can cut the grass and sit on my ass for long periods of time.

I've been on the planet for what seems like a long time so I have acquired some useful skills like organizing, planning and research. My wife has been an elementary school teacher for over 25 years and has her PhD in ESL. I want more then anything for my grandchildren to be able to live a long and productive life. I would give my dying breathe to help make this happen. Many skills can be learned as the need arises. Many people may also have skills they aren't even aware they have yet.

This is an important thread so let's keep if going. Humankind's survival may depend on our ability to survive within smaller communities.

When the student is ready, the teacher appears.
SirKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:06 AM   #10
2feathers
Avalon Senior Member

I've worked in restaurants forEVER (lol) so I can cook for large groups and work well in a team. I'm good at training, too. I'm a quilter and have decent sewing skills, and am very good at taking what I have to make what I need. I've raised children and now help with grand-kids, and so have all those kinds of skills, too. Some computer skills.
2feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:42 AM   #11
jem284
Avalon Senior Member

Hi
I think this is a great idea!!
I can sew and I have a garden. I meditate 2yrs a day and I know some healing techiques with acupunture and magnets.
jem284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:48 AM   #12
Galatea
Avalon Senior Member

Skillz? Well let's see:

- Biomedical Science student (graduating this year). Will do my Honours research project next year.
- I'm starting a laboratory with my supervisor so i have access to science equipment and can carry out any important experiments for Project Avalon.
- Can speak a little bit of Japanese.
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:04 AM   #13
sarajane

Hi, this is my first post. I'm sharing a bit about skills for future survival.

Writing, counseling, lucid dreaming, intuitive communication. I'm learning shamanic healing. I do regular meditation, shamatha.
I can facilitate yoga asanas.

Former Biochemist. I can do basic biochemistry, tissue culture, wet chemistry science. Former Pharmacy Technician, and some medical emergency knowledge. I can cook well too.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:12 AM   #14
Greg222
Avalon Senior Member

Get your hands on a BERKEY water purifier AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.
Get the largest unit you can afford and buy plenty of filter units for it.
There are plenty of places on the internet to purchase them.

No electricity required, no pumping... gravity fed only.

Turns water from a river, lake, stream, mud puddle into fresh drinking water.

Does not desalinate sea water, though.

In the coming hard times, having plenty of drinking water is a survuval
MUST. Plus, if you have plenty, you can trade and barter water for other
goods and services.

Handy tip: prefilter the source water (through cloth, coffee filters, etc) to
preserve your precious filter units.

NOBODY THINKS ABOUT WATER UNTIL THE EMERGENCY ARRIVES. Just ask
the Katrina survivors.

Last edited by Greg222; 09-07-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Greg222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:13 AM   #15
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

I think this is a great idea, very positive, but mostly impractical as I can only see this being beneficial to your own area. But I will still gladly contribute. I'll try not to be modest but I am skilled at most things, everything except the medical/bio field. I can fix cars and computers, build shelters, jerry rig electric generators, and most of all, survive on my own during harsh Maine winters. I am well versed in a fair share of the intellectual studies today along with French and Latin (who knows, maybe we'll time warp back to the Romans haha). Need something done, I either already know how, or can figure it out on my own. So overall, my best attributes are leadership, creativity, and problem solving. I am also a clairvoyant and meditate daily. I've just started giving lectures in my area on 2012 and conscienceness too as of lately in my effort to wake people up.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:19 AM   #16
Greg222
Avalon Senior Member

I am a general purpose researcher into just about everything society won't accept or believe. This has opened so many doors I don't know where to begin.

I've looked into just about everything and have run into incredible information on so many subjects. Just read the book SLIM SPURLING'S UNIVERSE and
marvel at the healing tools you can purchase and use.

I'll be happy to field questions using what I've learned over the past several years of research AND I'll be happy to learn from anyone who has good info
to share.

Let's keep it going!
Greg222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:45 AM   #17
Trickyfingers
Avalon Senior Member

Was in the military for five years (Army 1987-1992 w/honorable discharge) , so i know about survival and leadership skills etc. I am mechanically inclined and can operate commercial/tactical vehicles. I know how to garden, was haz-mat certified, can do carpentry work and can paint custom paint jobs.
Lately, since we, the state of Alaska, have been getting hit hard with chem-trails (from airplanes) and HAARP sending out their frequencies, I've been building orgone's, pyramids and cloudbusters to eleminate the negative DOR's. It has been VERY effective method and I advise everyone to do the same. You will be helping not only Mother Earth, but also your health to the best of your abilities, if you do so. Anyone can make them and you will be amazed at what effects they have. There are some other skills I have, but they go too deep to discuss in a forum.
Trickyfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:29 AM   #18
danny
Avalon Senior Member

well it started in boyscouts i retained the basic outdoor stuff. ive been a regular camper for years,i can fish, hunt, shoot,i am a preatty good shade tree mechanic, i can garden,a little experience building,wiring, pluming, im a good problem solver and for the last 9 years i have been doing door to door sales,ive trained people to work together toward common goals, and we are experiencing firsthand the degridation of the american economy/phyce and I HOPE WE GET A CHANCE TO REBUILD OUR REALITY INTO SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY FUNCTIONS FOR EVERYONE NOT JUST THE AFFLUENT
danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:42 AM   #19
Allan
Avalon Senior Member

Worker bee
Allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:02 AM   #20
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

I have computer networking degree. A green thumb. Ex military so I can lead and follow. I am 2nd level Reiki, and I'll be learning how to regress people in October.

Psychic, empath and medium. Mother.
Lightworker and LOVE SPREADER. I cook, sew.
Also? I make a mean cheesecake. :-)

Last edited by conjuredUp; 09-08-2008 at 03:05 AM.
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:17 AM   #21
LightSaber
Avalon Senior Member

Hello all. I am former Marine and enjoy the outdoors. Comfortable living with very little. Have worked in restaurants (cooking) as a framer (home building).

I meditate regularly and believe we can change our future through consciousness. I'm interested in farming and homeopathic healing. I've studied advanced first aid am a team player and have worked with computers my entire professional career in the animation field. I understand complex schematics and blue prints and can draw plans for structures in detail. I also have a pretty good understanding of mechanics and am comfortable with tools.

Lastly I am somewhat concerned that these types of forums are a road map
to the survivors amongst us. I would caution how much information about specific locations of groups gets "advertised" online. I would suggest meeting people in your area and discuss this type of info in person (face to face).
LightSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:46 AM   #22
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

Skills~
Loving unconditionally. Remote viewing. Healing.
Food prep & service. Skin care technician.
I can see & hear those energies from other dimensions.
Light worker.
Mom.
IN-spire-er.
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:23 AM   #23
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Hello, I grew up on a farm and know how to live off the grid, raise and with respect butcher animals, plant crops, grow organically, and fish. I'm not bad with a gun, but prefer not to go there for any reason and many reasons. I am an intuitive, channel, artist, musician and I also have seen and spoken to a host of our space brothers and sisters. My "special skill" is that I know when something is wrong or about to blow up. I'm also good at finding dead bodies. I know that sounds weird, and yes it kinda is...

My core belief is in being calm and centered. One of the main problems that I see occurring with respect to our present situation is that a lot of us can't afford to buy land in south america and we may be in places that are too close to the coast. So we have to make due.

I am also displaced, and living in an urban environment, if you can believe it. But I think that is proper somehow. I have an emergency kit begun, and I am going to add to it. I will post a list of contents. Please feel free to add suggestions for it. (These smile faces are seductive!)

If things look really bad, I plan to migrate to Hopi land and I invite anyone who wants to join my long trip to tag along. I find the greatest challenge is in preparing for these times and not carrying around fatalistic energy, and adding negativity to the paradigm. I'm in Vancouver, and I don't feel safe here either, but I laugh a lot.

In addition to my other skills, I am also an event production coordinator, lighting designer, and an educator. We need to change the world, nothing less will do. It's worth it.
Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:27 AM   #24
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=LightSaber;1117]Hello all. I am former Marine and enjoy the outdoors. Comfortable living with very little. Have worked in restaurants (cooking) as a framer (home building).

I meditate regularly and believe we can change our future through consciousness. I'm interested in farming and homeopathic healing. I've studied advanced first aid am a team player and have worked with computers my entire professional career in the animation field. I understand complex schematics and blue prints and can draw plans for structures in detail. I also have a pretty good understanding of mechanics and am comfortable with tools.

Lastly I am somewhat concerned that these types of forums are a road map
to the survivors amongst us. I would caution how much information about specific locations of groups gets "advertised" online. I would suggest meeting people in your area and discuss this type of info in person (face to face).[you're right]
Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #25
Sparkle

Thumbs up Re: Gathering a list of peoples skills/ experience/ offerings

Hello!

I'm in Australia now, but will be returning to the East coast of the U.S. (Rhode Island) in a few months.

Some things that I can contribute, wherever I might be, are:

Gardening skills
Basic knowledge of herbal remedies
Nursing skills
Reiki healer Level II
Crystal energetics
Sensitivity to other-dimensional vibration/energy
Hands on experience with building/renovating (i.e. know how to swing a hammer and use tools)
Last, but not least: Willing team player

Thanks to Project Camelot for bringing us together here.

Sparkle