Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 04:23 AM   #51
munkey
Avalon Senior Member

Location: just outside the box next to the box you where thinking outside of
Default Re: Oct. 24: Stock Market Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuza View Post
I do believe in the Creator, angels, ETs and all the rest but sometimes I can't help thinking I would like to have a go at time travel, go back to the source and stop all experience except the positive, no fall, no nothing, that would relieve billions of living things excruciating carnate lives on earth. I can't stand even watching animal planet anymore, too upsetting.
If you only experience good things, you will never truley appreciate the good.
A cracker to a starving man is a feast, yet a cracker to a full man is a waste.

I prefere to experience both good and bad so I can truley enjoy the good.
I suffer from severe dermatitis, and a good day for me is when I wake up and my hands arn't itchy and rubbed until they bleed. if you never suffered it, you would never know the joy unless you experience it.

The hardest thing in most peoples day is what they are going to wear, I missed days at work because I was unable to do up my buttons because of the swelling and bleeding.

As much as I hate the condition, in a way I am happy I experience it, because it keeps me grounded and constantly questioning every part of my life.

I know this doesn't have much to do with the stock market crash, but there are far more important things than money out there, money will not make you smile like when a baby says its first words or crawls for the first time.
Money will not make you smile because it cant crawl into your lap and just be there because of who you are.
Money can't kiss you good night and just hold you,

worry about money everyday and you become it's slave,
always remember that the univers gives you what you need when you need it, not when you want it.
munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:49 AM   #52
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Good post munkey, I agree all the way. I'd like to meet the bloke that invented money and give him a good talking to The next fellow who'd get the same treatment is the one who invented interest on money borrowed and finally, for the turkey that invented the stock market, another dose of the same.

Well, I probably wouldn't do any of that, but I feel a lot better after getting it off my chest.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:37 AM   #53
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
well I am glad for you that you have got the emotional support you need to face the coming days.
Now check them emotions at the door and start preparing phisically because time is running out and you don't want to be left with all the other chickens running around with no head on when all hell starts to break loose.
If you still think I am wrong, then unfortunatly you are a lost cause.
If you ain't a survivalist then you shouldn't be here, there are lots of other forums that will take care of all your emotional needs.
Peace and love to you all
I didn't say I haven't made physical preperations, I have but there are also other forms of support here, you will need it all if the SHTF
I will survive long enough to serve my purpose, maybe all the way to the other side.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #54
mmerlinn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctophil View Post
Hey everyone,

I know some of you don't like date predictions; but this guy from the Prophecy Talk forum has been pretty much flawless about the stock markets. He makes a great case with comparisons from past market crashes since 1929. Check the thread here and read up on his prediction of an Oct. 24, 2008 Stock Market Crash months ago. Check it out: http://www.prophecytalk.com/index.php?topic=5109.0

Oct. 24 is Black Friday as he calls it. We will see what happens next Friday! Note: He did mention that it may be the following Monday or Tuesday at the latest. So don't start pounding him if Black Friday isn't the lowest drop in a century.

-Phillip
We will see very shortly how accurate this assessment I made last July is correct. And ANYONE who did the same research and applied it could have made the same prediction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralok_j View Post
Isn't he off by a few weeks? Last week was black Monday, Tuesday, Wednsday, Thursday, Friday.

Actually, tomorrow is supposed to be a down day.
The prelude before the storm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
Thanks for the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampgod View Post
Let's stop this "Prophecy" nonsense!
I'd refrain from any specific dates. Nobody knows when exactly things will happen. It is strictly speculation.

We are all watching what is happening closely and will know when or if it happens.

Peace,
Ampgod
Obviously you never took the time to read my post. If you had, you would not have said, "It is strictly speculation."

No one is asking you to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopenhagen View Post
supposedly it's true, are you selling all your stocks now?
I have been buying puts at the tops and selling them at the lows. Currently bought one S&P put yesterday and have order in to sell it tomorrow near the projected low. If I am correct, I will sell it at over 10 times more than I paid for it. BTW, my current guess for S&P low is about 650 vs the 912 now.

In other words, I am putting my money where my mouth is. Are any of my critics here putting their money where their mouth is???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth voice 2012 View Post
Not that im into prophecies or anything (Although I was hopeful that maybe something might occur Oct 14th) but I thought of the Half past human web-bot when I read this. If the Bible is the most common book on earth and widely available, Maybe the web bot spiders were picking up bible references from the net along with the bibles description of future events. Oct 1th - 7st 2008 is pretty good accuracy. The "release language" they found could be references in the bible to this "Great Tribulation" and our current timeline resembling bible descriptions of end times. Ive seen some of this bible stuff myself and its really accurate.

I think IF s*&t hits the fan it wont matter what you have invested and when to take it out. Money will be the last thing on our minds when we switch to survival mode.
Most of the research I did to make the Bible post was accumulated over a period of 40 years. Until April 2005 I was not able to put it together to make any sense whatsoever. What I have posted 3 months ago was mainly put together on 21 April 2005 and fleshed out in July when I posted them at these links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
I cant understand/believe that gordon brown sold all our gold when the price was really low
Ditto when Australia dumped their gold years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightbk View Post
Are people asleep?
The stock market has already crashed.

A "crash" doesn't mean that it goes from X to 0, it just means that a large amount of wealth is lost, and that has already happened, at a greater degree overall than the Great Depression.

China and Russia are already both off by 50% and North America (TST, DOW) are off 35-40%.

The DOW doesn't need to go down any further to cause calamity because it ALREADY crashed and the consequences of that will be filter down to Main Street in greater number next year.

So this entire prophecy of a new "market crash" is really just a bunch of bs, because it already crashed. A few more points is irrelevant.
Just because a market is down 40% does not mean we have had a crash. A crash is when people are trying to get out of the market at ANY price, in other words a PANIC. We have not had a panic yet in this downdraft. I expect one tomorrow. We will see how close I am. For estimated numbers go back and read the followups to my original post.

And there is NOTHING 'new' about this prediction. Go read the original link and PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO WHEN IT WAS POSTED. Then show me ANYONE ELSE at the SAME time OR BEFORE that made the same prognosis. Also note that I have said that I could have posted it as early as [21] April 2005, but did not - I know that is unprovable, but still true.

Quote:
It wont go down much lower. 5000 or so max, which is already a calamity.
You may be correct, but 6000 or so TOMORROW from 8600 today WOULD be a calamity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicFever View Post
Prophecy (pra-fo-see) An event or events that two or more people agree on ahead of time.

Self Fullfilled Prophecy: One or more nuts decide to make something happen because a bunch of people believe it will take place.

peace,
julie
ROFLOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicFever View Post
The name of this thread, "Oct. 24: Stock Market Crash", is obviously dealing with both a date in the future and an event that hasn't occured yet. The title alone implies that there could possibly be some prophesy and/or predictions in the content. Perhaps if one is uncomfortable with that they should skip it and move on to another topic.

peace,
julie
Very good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhaosis View Post
predictions, are just guesses.. dreams, or even better, ...

Either way nine times out of ten, people won't listen anyhow.

PEACE
Most predictions are pulled out of a magician's hat, rabbit and all. Mine was not. It is the result of research and believing that history repeats itself. Does that make it correct? Of course not. But predictions based on fact can be correct a high percentage of the time, whereas other predictions have the statistical odds against them so high that they seldom come true.

More like 99,999 out of 100,000 times or worse that people ignore.

Quote:
Nobody knows EITHER way and analysts are only good at predicting the past after it happens I notice.
By definition analysts analyze AFTER THE FACT. They would not be analysts if they could predict the future.

In a few hours, or days at most, we will see if the research and application of it again holds up under the scrutiny of real life.
mmerlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #55
Sarahmay
Avalon Senior Member

Mmerlin, very interesting about your prediction. I won't be too surprised if it happens...but I also wouldn't be surprised at a slower downturn. Either way, down it will go....
Sarahmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #56
warrenog
Avalon Senior Member

Ok, I will be the first to admit I know nothing about the stock market and have only come to really TRY to understand it over the last couple of months and after listening to some posts by camelot. My question, is what exactly do you think will trigger this significant drop? Just a question.
warrenog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #57
eugene_vn
Avalon Senior Member

I don't happen to use biblical prophecy to make stock market forecasts (though I readily admit it might be as accurate as any of a number of other methods), but the timing of Oct. 24 for a major market decline ("crash" if you prefer) seems about right to me.

As Knightbk points out, at this point, words like "crash" are relative. The stock market is already around 40% below its all-time peak. We are headed down to at least 1800 on the Dow and quite possibly, just triple digits. We will get there not in a day, but over a few years, in a process of many days of 3-5% declines, punctuated by occasional (and steep) rallies to the upside.

My next near-term downside target is 6800-7000 on the Dow. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go quite a bit lower. However, following that decline, we should see a sustained rally back up to the 8800-9000 level, possibly even shooting as high as 10,000. Therefore, whatever "crash" may occur on or around Oct. 24 should be seen as one of many sharp drops, rather than as a mammoth one-time event.

While a nimble trader could theoretically make a good profit going long at 7000 and selling at 9000 on the Dow, in reality, it's far too risky that (s)he would get run over by the great bear market. The strategy of buying put options discussed above on this thread can be a good option for savvy traders, but at some point, many of the brokerage houses themselves are going to go broke (no pun intended), and so even if your online trading account shows you as "having" hundreds of thousands of dollars, you could still find yourself getting stiffed by your bankrupt broker when you want to convert those computer entries into real money, i.e. gold.
eugene_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:05 PM   #58
ctophil
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmerlinn View Post
We will see very shortly how accurate this assessment I made last July is correct. And ANYONE who did the same research and applied it could have made the same prediction.
Hi mmerlinn,

Thanks for clearing up things in this forum and especially my own thread. Yesterday, we all saw a huge stock market decline, and the Nasdaq and S&P 500 hit new rock-bottom records! And today, we are seeing some extreme ups and downs. At this moment, the stocks are going down again. These are all precursors to perhaps what will happen tomorrow (October 24). Overnight, we also saw massive declines in the Asian markets. So everybody...hold on tight for a wild ride this weekend!

-Phillip
ctophil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:11 PM   #59
warrenog
Avalon Senior Member

Ok, here is another question to which I cannot find an answer. I have read article after article about derivatives, collapse of the dollar, etc. Can it be explained to me on an elementary level what a derivative is and how it works?
Also, how does it affect the dollar?
Old 10-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #60
mmerlinn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenog View Post
Ok, I will be the first to admit I know nothing about the stock market and have only come to really TRY to understand it over the last couple of months and after listening to some posts by camelot. My question, is what exactly do you think will trigger this significant drop? Just a question.
No idea.

However, a someone dropped a dollar bill on the stock market trading floor yesterday and it caused a STAMPEDE. Fortunately no one got hurt though it is known that the dollar bill changed hands at least 65 times before it disappeared.

Something as simple as that could be the trigger for a stock market panic.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #61
ctophil
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmerlinn View Post
No idea.

However, a someone dropped a dollar bill on the stock market trading floor yesterday and it caused a STAMPEDE. Fortunately no one got hurt though it is known that the dollar bill changed hands at least 65 times before it disappeared.

Something as simple as that could be the trigger for a stock market panic.
What in the world? A one dollar bill? How greedy can you get? If a dollar bill can cause that, what would a hundred dollar bill do? I guess I should experiment.... Anyways, I look forward to a dollar crash more than a stock market crash. Because this dollar rallying bit is really getting on my nerves. The world's currencies all pretty much declining while the dollar goes higher than ever. People won't wake up until the dollar gets a hit. Because no one can afford anything. It's a much bigger deal than a stock market crash for main street in my opinion and quicker too.

-Phillip
ctophil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:37 PM   #62
samncheese
Avalon Senior Member

The Markets will muddle along until they get the rest of the taxpayers money....they only got a portion of the 700 bil.
samncheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #63
warrenog
Avalon Senior Member

You made me smile on that one mmerlinn.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #64
mmerlinn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctophil View Post
What in the world? A one dollar bill? How greedy can you get? If a dollar bill can cause that, what would a hundred dollar bill do? I guess I should experiment.... Anyways, I look forward to a dollar crash more than a stock market crash. Because this dollar rallying bit is really getting on my nerves. The world's currencies all pretty much declining while the dollar goes higher than ever. People won't wake up until the dollar gets a hit. Because no one can afford anything. It's a much bigger deal than a stock market crash for main street in my opinion and quicker too.

-Phillip
Was probably more along the line of "I have never seen one of these before. WHAT IS IT???"
Old 10-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #65
mmerlinn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenog View Post
Here is something to consider:

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot...nnot-take.html

And this could be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Massive failure to deliver would DRAMATICALLY push the market DOWN.

So would massive dumping of treasuries.

Oops. Did not realize I double posted here until too late.

Last edited by mmerlinn; 10-23-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #66
elka
Avalon Senior Member

I am happy to see you at this forum mmerlinn!

I read your whole prediction information and I want to say I really admire your work!

Most of people, I have noticed, are in a complete state of denial, they want to push away any warning them information they get!
They want to live in their little unrealistic worlds and believe anything unreal, but the truth is to hard to swallow for them!

The warnings from whistle blowers they call fear mongering!
The prophecies they are told they lough about, but the insane media and even more outrageous informations from fake prophets like Zacharia Sitchin they accept as absolute truth!

Thank you mmarlinn for your interesting take on a possible future events!.I do take them seriously, and for the last 2 years I made many steps to protect myself and my family from coming events!!

Now everybody is asking: How did you know!!( I sold my house 2 years ago for an absolute awesome price).
I simply researched on the information that many calls fear mongering!
elka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:10 PM   #67
Knightbk
Avalon Senior Member

There will not be a crash tomorrow.

It will go down 300-400 points, that is it.
Knightbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:11 AM   #68
warrenog
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks mmerlin for the info on derivatives. If I understand this info correctly from my first read, this stuff sounds very risky at best.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:18 AM   #69
IronWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
Happy birthday. Hope it will be a good one. Mine is 2 days later. Will the stock market have crashed by then? I don't think so!
my dog's b-day is on the 27th hehe =)
Old 10-24-2008, 02:23 AM   #70
warngen
Avalon Senior Member

on Oct. 24, there will be -11- days till election. Any significance.
warngen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:56 AM   #71
munkey
Avalon Senior Member

Location: just outside the box next to the box you where thinking outside of

Quote:
Originally Posted by warngen View Post
on Oct. 24, there will be -11- days till election. Any significance.
11 days will make it a Tuesday
9/11 happened on a tuesday
november is the 11th month
2 candidates is 1+1 = 11

just messing with ya.
I don't know of any connection really.

does show how easy it is to work out patterns though, doesn't it?
munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:59 AM   #72
Noela
Avalon Senior Member

George Green is saying the Stock Market may go below 5000. There is a new audio by him on Project Cameot. He is the man who is up to date on the financial situation. Bill Ryan put up a post regarding the latest audio, and I have also drawn attention previously to this, but nobody as yet seems to have taken this up - at least I have been waiting for some comments on the George Green audio and have found none to date. Disappointing.

Noela
Noela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:10 AM   #73
eugene_vn
Avalon Senior Member

It looks like Friday Oct. 24 will indeed be a big down day for U.S. stocks. . . Asian sessions just finished with losses in the 8-11% range in Japan, Korea, Singapore. European futures are way down so if France/Germany/UK tank today, I'm sure the Dow will follow suit. I believe 7600 would be the point on the Dow at which they would have to temporarily halt trading today if it gets really ugly.

George Green's estimate of 3500 as a bottom for the Dow is far too optimistic - this market would be lucky to bottom at 1800 and will probably go much further.

The good news is that gold is continuing to fall below $700 and will continue to do so for a while. We should be seeing gold at $600-650 in the next few weeks. That's really good news for those still needing to get out of cash and acquire some of the stuff.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:28 AM   #74
Xammy
Avalon Senior Member

what sorry but I dont get it eugene, are you gonna eat that gold or what? Make happy golden pancakes? With silver syrup perhaps, hmm?
Xammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:55 AM   #75
eugene_vn
Avalon Senior Member

Good point, Xammy (but only up to a point). It's important to keep in mind that the whole purpose of staying solvent in the economic crisis is to maintain our practical freedom to be creative and loving. Poverty and destitution make it difficult to maximize our contributions to our families and society.

In reality, it's unfortunate that most wealthy people do not use their wealth to release their creativity, but instead. . . just use it to create more wealth and power. Perhaps you could look at it this way: With an adequate amount of real money (i.e. gold) at the height of the crisis, you might be able to help a friend, family member, or complete stranger whom you really want to help. Sure, there are kinds of help that can be extended which don't require money, but unfortunately most all material things like food, shelter, and medicine are still going to cost money during the crisis.

As for what I'm going to eat. . . well I do make some mean flapjacks but I'll probably stick with rice, spinach, and salted fish like most of my neighbors.