Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
artvision
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 328
Default Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Why did you closed my thread?

This is an utterly infuriating insult, closing my thread, shutting my mouth into silence and submission

I DEMAND AN OFFICIAL EXPLANATION AND IMMEDIATELY BACK ACTIVATION OF THE THREAD FOLLOWED BY YOUR EXCUSES

Who order that you close my thread, or what was the reason behind closing my thread?

I see lots of garbage threads lately, homing lots of insults towards the forum posters and you are not so eager to close that posts, but mine you did.

In case you are confused, which thread, I'm referring to this thread:

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18079

Quote your comment:
=====================
Constructive criticism is welcome.

The forum is what it is.

- closed -
__________________
"It isn't about using discernment. It is about using extreme discernment."
Last edited by Anchor; Yesterday at 08:55 PM.

=====================

Your hypocrisy has no limits at all:

If, quote: "Constructive criticism is welcome" the result is you close my thread? Based on what?

Last edited by artvision; 12-15-2009 at 07:06 PM.
artvision is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

You are absolutely right artvision!!!
burgundia is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #3
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BC. Canada
Posts: 1,340
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

What is going on......I have never known you to offend, or violate forum rules? Who is running this show now?
waitinginthewings is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
artvision
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 328
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
You are absolutely right artvision!!!
Thank you for support, Burgundia, now I'm 100% sure, this "liberalisation" is an stealth action to shudown the forum, by bringing cyber-thugs and "operatives" to take on honest folks on the forum.

Maybe the forum is too uncomfortable for them, or is a annoyance for the owners anyway. Judging by their many apparition on this forum, I'm pretty convinced, this is the case.

These are the last days of a free and enjoying forum as we experienced anyway. Sadly but truth!

Last edited by artvision; 12-15-2009 at 07:04 PM.
artvision is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
artvision
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 328
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
What is going on......I have never known you to offend, or violate forum rules? Who is running this show now?
Thank you waitinginthewings ...

Who's running the show? In any case, not us! As is very clearly what's happening lately in the forum...
artvision is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #6
Spregovori
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

I am used to:

Do not defy the moderators expressed wishes!
Disruptive* behavior in the forums, or in irc will result in you getting banned!
All decisions are final!

*definition is for them to know and for you to find out

So we have it easy here

Try to talk (nicely) to the person that closed the thread.
 
Old 12-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
artvision
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 328
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spregovori View Post
I am used to:

Do not defy the moderators expressed wishes!
Disruptive* behavior in the forums, or in irc will result in you getting banned!
All decisions are final!

*definition is for them to know and for you to find out

So we have it easy here

Try to talk (nicely) to the person that closed the thread.
Spregovori ja sam za slobodagovori!

And I will not accept the fascist behavior which is transforming a moderator into a supressor! By no means!
artvision is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #8
Gareth
Project Avalon Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 173
Smile Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

I have evaluated all the posts in this particular thread and not found anything unusual.

I have re-opened the thread and will monitor it.

End of subject people - there will be no debate as to how moderating is done and certainly no demands from anyone to "explain" will be tolerated.

G

Last edited by Gareth; 12-15-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Gareth is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #9
arcora
Banned
 
arcora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 696
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvision View Post
Spregovori ja sam za slobodagovori!

And I will not accept the fascist behavior which is transforming a moderator into a supressor! By no means!
seems like your thread was aimed at undermining a decision made by the forum owners and/or admins.

not your place to do that.
arcora is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #10
artvision
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 328
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
I have evaluated all the posts in this particular thread and not found anything unusual.

I have re-opened the thread and will monitor it.

End of subject people - there will be no debate as to how moderating is done and certainly no demands from anyone to "explain" will be tolerated.

G
Appreciate your honesty and fairness!
artvision is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #11
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario, Earth, Milky Way, Love, Infinity x2
Posts: 5,267
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

I had a thread closed once!!! when there was a black out on the fourm for 3 days and some strange personal attacks at the same time.

was called whats going on people!

I never really flipped out about it or had anything much to say about it until now.

Artvision...i hope you get your explanation.(I see you did) Although I did not follow that thread about avalon blowing up because I know the truth of whats happening on earth at least in my own personal life mission thanks to the truth sayers on avalon that teach advanced spiritual science on a wide range of topics!

I demand a lot of things too and I am sure the future holds many great things for us all then we will no longer need the forum of avalon because were just about to leave for the hotel. All are offered tickets for the ride not all tickets are expected to be collected at the door. Peace jt
JesterTerrestrial is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #12
Spregovori
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvision View Post
Spregovori ja sam za slobodagovori!

And I will not accept the fascist behavior which is transforming a moderator into a supressor! By no means!
svobodo govora se lahko hitro izkrivi....

sry ppl.... artvision said he stands for freedom of speech.... my response is: i generally agree but the freedom of speech can be misused and/or abused...
 
Old 12-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #13
artvision
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 328
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
seems like your thread was aimed at undermining a decision made by the forum owners and/or admins.

not your place to do that.
Answer for that one is this one:

Matthew 7:5
artvision is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #14
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvision View Post
, now I'm 100% sure, this "liberalisation" is an stealth action to shudown the forum, by bringing cyber-thugs and "operatives" to take on honest folks on the forum.

Maybe the forum is too uncomfortable for them, or is a annoyance for the owners anyway. Judging by their many apparition on this forum, I'm pretty convinced, this is the case.

These are the last days of a free and enjoying forum as we experienced anyway. Sadly but truth!
This is exactly what is happening...
burgundia is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #15
Céline
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,285
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

It is very hard to moderate a forum like this...

All moderators are volunteers...

i am glad we can still voice our opinions to the moderators and that they listen...but it is their job to decide...and their choice to explain..

if you have an issue...perhaps you could apply for the moderator job and help make a difference there.

i have faith in the moderators here.
Céline is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #16
artvision
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 328
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spregovori View Post
svobodo govora se lahko hitro izkrivi....

sry ppl.... artvision said he stands for freedom of speech.... my response is: i generally agree but the freedom of speech can be misused and/or abused...
Yes, spregovori, only if that freespeech is in the open, so anybody can hear and judge as it is mine!

Because in the end, the Truth will be shouted from roofstops!
artvision is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #17
artvision
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 328
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post
It is very hard to moderate a forum like this...

All moderators are volunteers...

i am glad we can still voice our opinions to the moderators and that they listen...but it is their job to decide...and their choice to explain..

if you have an issue...perhaps you could apply for the moderator job and help make a difference there.

i have faith in the moderators here.
Yes Céline, also their work is very hard, you are right, there is no need to make too much fuss about, as Gareth was so fair and fast answering.

From my point of view, I consider the issue closed, let's debate more interesting things!
artvision is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #18
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 694
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post
It is very hard to moderate a forum like this...

All moderators are volunteers...

i am glad we can still voice our opinions to the moderators and that they listen...but it is their job to decide...and their choice to explain..

if you have an issue...perhaps you could apply for the moderator job and help make a difference there.

i have faith in the moderators here.
Hi Celine

That is like saying "If you have a problem with the government, then join them and make a difference. Not so? This in itself is taking away the right of one to feel indignation. We can't be goody-2-shoes all the time. For those who prescribe to christianity, remember that Jesus lost it and threw the money lenders tables over and had a huge rant. Yes, I have heard it termed "righteous indignation" and I believe we are all allowed this form of emotion/. It is healthy.

Denying this is not healthy. Denying this precludes opportunity to analyse the problem and see what can be done to remedy such.

Far to easy to just close the thread down and say "we are the moderators, you will listen". There are threads out in avalon right now where people are being insulted openly and nothing is being done about it, so.....why the double standards?

I agree, and explanation is in order.

LL&P

Z
Zeddo is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #19
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 694
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
I have evaluated all the posts in this particular thread and not found anything unusual.

I have re-opened the thread and will monitor it.

End of subject people - there will be no debate as to how moderating is done and certainly no demands from anyone to "explain" will be tolerated.

G
So Gareth, who died and made the moderators god eh? "There will be no debate....."

I have a few choice words but will refrain from using them, I think you already know what they are. Since when has the right to debate been forbidden in this forum?

Z
Zeddo is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #20
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BC. Canada
Posts: 1,340
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Peace everybody pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeee. The problem has been solved.

Can we please go back now to something else.
I don't like having disharmony on the forum....sorry guys
waitinginthewings is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:52 PM   #21
artvision
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 328
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Peace everybody pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeee. The problem has been solved.

Can we please go back now to something else.
I don't like having disharmony on the forum....sorry guys
artvision is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #22
Dood
Avalon Golden Oldie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 36
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddo View Post
So Gareth, who died and made the moderators god eh? "There will be no debate....."

I have a few choice words but will refrain from using them, I think you already know what they are. Since when has the right to debate been forbidden in this forum?

Z
Since they have the right to set this forum up as they choose.
It is a privilege to post and not a right.
ALL forums have their own 'Terms & Conditions'. You agreed to that when you registered...
You have No Rights...you only have Privilege.
Dood is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #23
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: Why you closed my thread Anchor? Demand Explanation, reactivation and apologies!

I made an error which has been fixed.

Now I will close this one as it has served its purpose

I am sorry

A..
Anchor is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon