Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
Egg
Banned

Default 4000 litres of water for £102.

http://www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk/a...ification.html

I know the investment price seems steep at first, but think about it. A human being needs 3 litres of water a day to stay hydrated safely. So, in short, with just this bottle you have 3 years of water that is safe, clean and usable for all purposes and carried in a safe, easily transportable bottle.

Those 3 years of safe water will be ample to ride out any TEOTWAWKI event and then some, and will enable you to concentrate on important tasks and not have to worry about water supplies.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 4000 litres of water for £102.

GREAT FIND EGG AND A VERY VERY WORTHWHILE INVESTMENT THINK I WILL JUST BUY ME ONE OF THOSE, THANX FOR THE INFO, NICE TO SEE YOU BACK EGG MISSED ALL THE FANTASTIC DETECTIVE WORK AND THE TOP OF THE POPS INFO...........KINDEST REGARDS DAVE CASTER
blastawaycas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:35 AM   #3
Egg
Banned

Dave, I have been flitting all over the shop as they say. I also am getting really ready for the chaos that i can smell in the wind. As for the water filter, it works a treat - I used mine for a five day hike about, and got lots of comments about it from others.

Oh and thanks to an Avalon member I am also addicted now to online games and bushcraft.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #4
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

EGG WITHOUT SOUNDING LIKE I AM RUNNING UP YOUR TROUSER LEG, BUT I FEEL I HAVE TO SAY...... THAT IF IT WAS NOT FOR THE COMMITMENT AND BRAVERY SHOWN BY YOURSELF AND OTHERS ON THIS SITE BY PUTTING YOUR NECK ON THE BLOCK ( AND INDEED OTHER SITES ON THE NET), THEN ALL THE SHEEPLE LIKE MYSELF WOULD NOT HAVE A BLIND CLUE AS TO THE EXTENT OF THE MANIPULATION AND CONTROL EXHERTED OVER US AS A POPULACE, I TOO FEEL SOMETHING IN THE WIND AND IT SMELLS NON TOO GOOD, AND AS YOU TOO HAVE SAID........ THEN I WOULD TAKE THAT AS A GIVEN. MY MINDS MADE UP I WILL BE PURCHASING ONE AND START TO CONTINUE STOCKING ON TINS AND DRIED GOODS (THE Mrs THINKS I AM BONKERS but i know she secretly trusts my shakey judgement) IF YOUR ADVICE SAVES ONE LIFE THAT IS INVALUABLE BEYOND COMPREHENSION, BUT I FEEL YOU MAY BE SAVING MANY HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS WITH YOUR TIMELY ADVICE AND JUDGEMENT THANKYOUEGG KINDEST REGARDS AND MY VERY BEST WISHES DAVE CASTER
WATCH YOUR BACK KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN...& ONLY RUN WHEN YOU HAVE TOO!!
Old 03-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
Egg
Banned

3 years worth of water for £102. Think about it folks - thats 3 years worth of not having to boil, squeeze or chemical treat your water and being able to save valuable fire time for other tasks.

Cannot say just how important a supply of clean water will be if the ship hits the fan in any way shape or form.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Good idea to have a few different ways of being able to filter clean water.
Without clean drinking water life is going to be very bad.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #7
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

i've bought one with spare filters makes a stack of sense
kindest regards dave caster
Old 03-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #8
Egg
Banned

One bottle, one spare set of filters is 6 years of water. I love it that its so damn easy and relatively inexpensive for what you get.