Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 03:15 AM   #26
John Lee
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: A Safer Place to Be... for a Few Good Men & Women?

Thanks , Carmen....if what I'm proposing makes sense to certain individuals, I'm sure it will resonate in the right way for them and it will come together....please do plan to come visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
Thats better, lots of responses. I like your style John, good luck with all your plans. Love to come visit someday.

Cheers

Carmen
John Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:29 AM   #27
John Lee
Avalon Senior Member

Just wanted to let anyone know that may send me message/e-mail that I'll be up at 'the mountain' from tomorrow morning through Sunday afternoon so I won't be able to respond until Monday.

Although wireless Internet service is available up there I have not subscribed yet....don't usually have much time for Internet when I'm there!

Hope all have a great week-end!

John Lee'
John Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:39 AM   #28
DiVineEnvy
Avalon Senior Member

Greetings, brother. What a refreshing thread! I find the description of your refuge intriguing, and I am interested in learning more.

Although I am not at the moment considering relocating to Mexico as a real possibility, I like the idea of being a part of your family at least in spirit for the time being! My blood and adopted families are in California, and they are not completely clued in to what may be coming up. I feel it is my obligation to be here to help out whatever happens.

Relative self sufficiency on the scale you propose is perhaps the most sensible and practical enterprise a group of dedicated individuals can engage in at this time. It is of crucial importance that you have the option of being free from 'the system' should things continue to deteriorate.

I wish you well in your endeavor.

Last edited by DiVineEnvy; 06-05-2009 at 06:44 AM.
DiVineEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:30 AM   #29
Freedive
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks John for this great thread, I am in the process of relocating from Rome to the Brisbane area, in september, with wife and 2 teenage boys, and I have in mind the purchase of a property in the hinterland for a purpose similar to yours. I'm at a very early stage in this "farm" idea, so reading your info gives me some very interesting insights, as time is running out. Unfortunately my wife doesn't really believe anything will happen in the next few years, so half my resources will be focused on finding a "regular" house and job in Brisbane, but we agreed that a portion of our funds will be for "the farm", so that I can work on setting it up over the weekends...I guess that's good enough for now...
best of luck with your project!
Freedive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #30
Freedive
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jross View Post
Thankyou John for your generous thoughts and Ideas. I agree completely. I am a NEW ZEALANDER living in Queesland Australia. I live 50km from the coast on 46 acres, 12.8 x 7.5 mtr shed fitted out like a house, 67000ltrs of rain water, solar power, very fertile land and most comfortable here. I too have thoughts of a collective living group. My family live in NZ and i have tryed to awaken them but they are not ready. I live here alone and as beautiful and set up as it is I am yet to find kindred spirits to share it with. Perhaps as things develop ppls will become more aware and relise the urban areas will be difficult to survive in. Any lovely kind aware woman wish to share my property please make contact.

peace and love to all
Hi Jross, congratulations, it looks divine, it's exactly what I have in mind, hope I find something...do you know which area of the near-Brisbane hinterland is supposedly "safe"? I mean in light of the possible weather changes etc.
Freedive is offline   Reply With Quote