Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Default Poll: Could a Tea Party candidate actually win an election? (Yes! Maybe!)

This is great

The Poll Heard Round the World
Could a Tea Party candidate actually win an election?
By Christopher Beam Posted Monday, Dec. 7, 2009, at 7:36 PM ET

One key to the success of the Tea Party movement is that no one has bothered to measure it...

Until now. Rasmussen Reports took the first crack last week at measuring the strength of a third-party "Tea Party" candidate on a generic ballot, and the results are in. "Suppose the Tea Party Movement organized itself as a political party," the survey asked. "When thinking about the next election for Congress, would you vote for the Republican candidate from your district, the Democratic candidate from your district, or the Tea Party candidate from your district?" Democrats led the way with 36 percent. Republicans pulled in 18 percent. And the Tea Party candidate got 23 percent. The Democratic National Committee would like to point out that 23 is more than 18.
http://www.slate.com/id/2237668/
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
King Lear
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Poll: Could a Tea Party candidate actually win an election? (Yes! Maybe!)

BS.
The tea parties are all phoney **** of whining Republicans
who can't accept a defeat!

Where were they when Bush put the world into turmoil?

Conservatism is dead! Suicide commited by "neo-conservatives"!
Get over it! You whining phoneys!

Both parties are rotten. As all leading parties in so-called "western democracies".
Republicrips and Demobloods.

King Lear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Poll: Could a Tea Party candidate actually win an election? (Yes! Maybe!)

Caste, this movement is definately pulling away votes from the republican party and which ever party embraces this independent crowd may actually be the big reciepients of the next election. As for me I'm done with both parties, I'm for the people and the good of all the people for a leader to represent us. Is it possible, Someday it will be.

As for the KIng and I don't mean Elvis, The tea party people are as real and patiotic as you can get your sire. Americans taking off of work to stand on the capital steps objecting to the spending being done now. Caring about this country and what our founding fathers fought for. Remember Hillary screaming at the top of her lungs that voicing your opinion cannot be described as unpatriotic. I do.

The group known as the Tea Party Americans are distancing themselfs from the Republican party and are aligning themselfs with our founding fathers, Jefferson, Adams, Washington and Franklin. Standing up for what they stood up for so you could rule your own self here, now, today.

As for where were they when President Bush was in office, doing the same thing as there doing now only the more traditional way. Why do you think the immigration bill was truned down, And the Tarp almost turned down, One congressman said his phone lines were packed with 50/ 50 calls to his office before the vote. 50% were saying NO and the other 50% were saying hell NO. Yet they still did it anyways.

I say more people pile on the tea party movement, this may be our best chance next fall to harpoon a spear in the heart of both parties as I think many americans have had enough of the arrogant behavior of now what an elected offiical has become along with the big bankers, the lobbiest and Stimulas Reciepients. What say you oh great one with the crown?
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #4
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lear View Post
BS.
The tea parties are all phoney **** of whining Republicans
who can't accept a defeat!
King Lear - You must be blind

Just for you, from me, who likes ANY populist movement to TAKE A GOVERNMENT from a-holes, back to the people, an update:

"Tea Party" Activists Prepare for 2010
Washington Post: Movement Has the Potential to Unite and Rally Republicans, But Could Also Splinter the GOP
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...in;contentBody

I want the Cheney wags to fry.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #5
King Lear
Avalon Senior Member

C'mon guys!
All these parties are a charade.

On every party you see Republican soul catchers who give speeches.
The same ones who turned blind in the catastrophic Bush era.

This is false as false can be.

And people know that, that's why less and lesser people
attend to this staged dissent events.

Even Faux News isn't reporting anymore!

Leave the Rep-Dem paradigm!
They won't help you!
They betrayed you for decades and will go on with that.

What really is needed, is a genuine revolution, not a phoney tea bag throwing one.

Last edited by King Lear; 12-12-2009 at 01:42 PM.
King Lear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #6
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

My vote is for C. None of the above. In my opinion, the United States is held together by two things: fiat currency that is held as the reserve currency of the world thus making us artificially richer than other countries and cheap, abundant access to Middle East oil. When both of these are gone, there will be no benefit for the states to remain part of the union. I predict that by 2012, the idea of who will be president will carry little to no meaning for most people.

-- sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote