Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 12:31 AM   #1
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Kucinich: I am going to force a vote to end this genocide!

Full article here:
http://rawstory.com/2009/12/kucinich...l-afghanistan/

For congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH), Afghan President Hamid Karzai's announcement Tuesday that his country would need the US's military support for another 10 or 15 years seems to have been the last straw.

The outspoken House representative says it was Karzai's statement that prompted him to draft a resolution calling for a House vote on the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #2
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Kucinich: I am going to force a vote to end this genocide!

may we all become pieces of peace

the eXchanger/susan
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 AM   #3
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for posting this article, Phtha. I was really wondering about that ridiculous Karzai time line too. I sure wish Kucinich loads of support. What he says just seems to be common sense and reflective of what people want, like:

"When I'm in my district talking to people, nobody has come up to me and said we need to be in Afghanistan for the next 15 to 20 years. They do say we need jobs, we need to protect our basic industry, we need education, we need to protect retirement security. I'd like to see us start taking care of things here at home."

- and -

“We cannot afford these wars. We cannot afford the loss of lives. We cannot afford the cost to taxpayers. We cannot afford to fail to exercise our constitutional right to end the wars," Kucinich said in a statement circulated among reporters on Wednesday.

Wow! I feel like re-posting the whole article. Check this too.

Despite the president's assertion that previous congressional action gives him the authority to respond to the attacks of September 11, 2001, a careful reading of the Authorization of Use of Military Force (AUMF) makes cleat that the AUMF did not supersede "any requirement of the War Powers Resolution" and therefore did not undermine Congress' ability to revisit the constitutional question of war powers at a later date...

Kucinich told the Plain Dealer he expects his resolution to land at the House International Relations Committee early next year. If the resolution is voted down, he will ask to have it moved back to the floor of the House -- a maneuver that earlier this year allowed him to debate the impeachment of former Vice President Dick Cheney on the House floor, the Plain Dealer notes.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:07 AM   #4
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Read 'A Foreign Policy of Freedom' by Ron Paul. It makes perfect sense.

We're making enemies faster than we can kill them. End the Crusades. Support Our Troops. Bring Them Home.

Peace on Earth...and Everywhere Else.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 12-10-2009 at 03:11 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:21 AM   #5
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
Read 'A Foreign Policy of Freedom' by Ron Paul. It makes perfect sense.

We're making enemies faster than we can kill them. End the Crusades. Support Our Troops. Bring Them Home.

Peace on Earth...and Everywhere Else.
Amen! We need the money spent here at home...

I love Kucinich and am surprised they haven't snuffed him yet, he seems to be the only one who has any humanity left in his soul and is actually doing his job for the people, not the corporations that line his pocket and pay for his campaigns.

He's about the only Democrat left that I would vote for....they've all shown their true colors over the health care debate and now we know who they are ALL working for. I'm gobsmacked that they're stupid and insensitive enough to vote down the public option....I thought they at least had enough humanity left to do the right thing. Do they think we are total idiots...nevermind, don't answer that
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:19 AM   #6
ramallamamama
Avalon Senior Member

DK, like RP are thinking people's representatives, politicians the citizens can rally behind, statesmen that will fight for a political solution. The state has worked out pretty well over the last 230 years, replete with excellent politicians. Not so much.

There are no political solutions, get over it.

Self, family, friends, neighbors, community.

There's your solution.
ramallamamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #7
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Kucinich - The truth about Afghanistan

Quote:
SuppressedNews YouTube Channel
December 08, 2009

Kucinich has slapped Obama with a dueling glove on the issue of Afghanistan.
VIDEO (5:37): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-AaZTqIHp8&feature=player_embedded#
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote