Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:00 AM   #26
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why did you join these forums?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnana
The only problem with that is, the future we are about to face is something nobody is talking about

Elaborate please... I think its had a fair mention on this site in various parts.
Very simple. None of the standard answers that people are clinging to are it. I don't know what's going to happen. Neither does anyone else. The stories that are out there are just that - stories.

I'm not sure which "it" you are referring to in "I think its had a fair mention". But, that isn't it either.

Whatever "it" is - clinging to some idea of what the future holds as if it is something that cannot be changed takes away the power each of us has to do something about it. Not everyone does this of course, but many seem to be heavily invested in one doomsday scenario or another, or in some notion of ascension.

Doomsday scenarios are a dime a dozen. The notion of "The End Is Near" is so common that there has been a standard cartoon image of a hagard guy carrying a sign down a sidewalk saying just that FOR DECADES.

The notion of some sort of cosmic salvation has also been an easy sell for quite a long time. Various comets were supposed to bring it but didn't. Christians have there own ideas. It's all wishful thinking. It's cargo cult stuff.

It's not about buying someone else's story about the future and planning for it as if it's invetible, it's about making the future something we can be proud of. I see the future every time I sketch the design of something I intend to build. Then I build it. That's how it works.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:33 AM   #27
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Ahh, thanks I see what you mean.

I totally agree that we can shape (co-create) our futures and do so every moment even though we may not be conciously aware of it.

Quote:
I don't know what's going to happen. Neither does anyone else
I dont agree.

The broad parameters are set, and I know them, and my reality is unfolding with very few surprises thus far. However, what is true for me, may not be true for anyone else (but I bet there are significant area's of overlap).

Quote:
Whatever "it" is - clinging to some idea of what the future holds as if it is something that cannot be changed takes away the power each of us has to do something about it.
I agree, and this is a very good way of putting it, but I am not doing that.

What you describe in that example is what I think if as the "victim" mind-set. Which says - it's all someone elses fault - there is nothing I can do about it - woe is me - someone save me! This is probably the worst possible thing anyone can do or think right now, so it is a good thing you are not doing that.

Personally I *know* I am not doing that, but I recognize that in some of my somnolent coleagues in real life, that they are and I am, where I can, trying to help.

I don't really do doomsday scenarios. With the exception of the need for discussions about inconvenient and challenging scenarios that most of us will face before the really good stuff is upon us we can co-ordinate our efforts at a practical level.

I know that the future is wonderful for me and all of us. However, I am aware that we will have a few bumps in the road getting there. Exactly what bumps - dont know. If we are lucky and more people awake to the reality of what is going on, we might not need to edure any - however this seem an unlikely scenario.

I have been lucky enough to have directly experienced how the universe conspires to love, cherish and protect those working with its flow; and with that same love, it offers help and love to those who even work against it.

That is why we are winning and are going to win, even against all the odds.

This is happening more and more: when I deviate from the path I should be following, the universe is quick to give me a swift "spiritual" kick up the backside and then make it obvious what the problems are.

There is in these current days a mass awakening of conciousness. With this is the mass realization that "We are the ones we have been waiting for" and it unlocks the next major evolution in the paradigm in which we live.

When you talk about building - I would say the same, except the words I would use would contain "intent" and the resultant "manifesting". We all can do this and co-create the future as it is meant to be.

Thanks for your post!

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 05-11-2009 at 04:48 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:57 AM   #28
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

I came to these forums to see what it was like to be an active part of Camelot and what Kerry and Bill are doing. Then I read many of the things which all of you have experienced, thought, dreamed of, lived through. It was no longer about Camelot and Kerry and Bill. Not that I said "Oh psh, whatever" about them. Just there was so much more going on here to create positive change, every second. It was the people here. People who wouldn't roll their eyes when I said 9/11 was an inside job or that I wonder if Jesus ever truly lived or that I can feel energy or that getting back to the basics might be a good thing. I joined because I was inspired by all of you as I read and I had to contribute, to dialogue.
Malynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #29
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Hi,

I just joined today...

I joined because I believe there is a group of people on these forums who are aware that we are on the verge of some massive changes over the next few years and are doing their best to sort out how they can play a positive role and move things forward in the right direction.

I believe in the axiom, seek and you shall find and you will know the truth and the truth will make you free and it appears as though this forum has many members who are seeking the truth and sharing their experiences and I appreciate that...

I hope to contribute to some of the discussion with some of my own understandings and questions and become more in the process. Thanks for having me.

14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:20 AM   #30
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
Hi,

I just joined today...

I joined because I believe there is a group of people on these forums who are aware that we are on the verge of some massive changes over the next few years and are doing their best to sort out how they can play a positive role and move things forward in the right direction.

I believe in the axiom, seek and you shall find and you will know the truth and the truth will make you free and it appears as though this forum has many members who are seeking the truth and sharing their experiences and I appreciate that...

I hope to contribute to some of the discussion with some of my own understandings and questions and become more in the process. Thanks for having me.

Welcome 14 Chakras
We look forward to your contributions

BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:01 AM   #31
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Why did you join these forums?

i still don't really know why i joined this forum ... not initially ... a friend and colleague of mine spoke of it and i felt a push within to look into it ...
i kept resisting actually ... finally about the third attempt i spent some time lurking ... something clicked then ... knew there was a reason why i was to partake in it ... reading many wonderful posts from like minds ... connected hearts ...
eventually i came out of my shell (i'm shy) ... and slowly began posting ...
wasn't long before i realized ... i felt pretty comfy here ... kinda felt like "home" ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:28 AM   #32
pushedforfreedom
Avalon Senior Member

I certainly didn't join the forum to see my own posts. If I wanted to hear myself talk, I could fill my day with conversations with myself and I might end up learning some things, but I get the most insight by talking to other like minded people.
pushedforfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #33
Gemeos
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all,

I joined the forum to learn, to share, to make a difference...
I joined Avalon to be prepared, when the time comes...
I joined this community to be able to help build other communities...
I joined this project to be Here, Now!
Gemeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #34
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I listened to all Camelot interviews and when there were no more new ones i decided to join the forum because i knew that there would be a constant flow of information, exchanging ideas, sharing knowledge, wisdom and experience...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #35
morem
Avalon Senior Member

Hello everyone,

I am excited I get to post today. I am a member now.
Right! back to topic.

I joined Avalon because I wanted to be in a forum with like minded people. I wanted that sense of community to learn and grow from each other. It saddens me to say this, but I have no one to speak with about any subject found here on this forum. They are not awake or they are in denial.
morem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #36
Gemeos
Avalon Senior Member

Welcome to Avalon morem!

We're here, and we're all ears! You can talk to us. We're here to help and to share.
Just don't give up, you'll reach someone!

Best regards

Gemeos

Last edited by Gemeos; 05-19-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Gemeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #37
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Sad but true Anchor. However, my sense is that folks are turning inward, focusing on improving personal health, spiritual connections and preparing along the lines of self-sufficiency. Since it is spring here many are out doing stuff and not indoors on the computer. And there are just many changes going on which takes a lot of effort to keep up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Elaborate please... I think its had a fair mention on this site in various parts.

I actually think that many of the quieter members have a fair idea of what is coming down, but a lot of people don't want to hear it when the subject is raised. Nor do potential contributors want or need to run the gauntlet that seems to be necessary each time anyone wants to stick their head above the parapet and say anything about it.

I myself get flak for saying some of the things I have said, typically over the way I say it rather than the subject matter of what is said.

Should anyone be forward enough to state their opinion, or even their ideas for contributing to a new paradigm they tend to be attacked by people or groups of people who act like its their role to be some kind of protectors of the innocent, whilst demonstrating that they themselves are as closed minded and as tightly woven into the illusion as it is possible to be.

This has happened a lot on this forum - a lot on the Camelot, especially with so-called whistle blowers, but also a few times on the Avalon area.

For one example: I'm thinking of Bill Ryan's Australian Ark posting back in the pre-subscription days. Once it was posted, there ensued a huge multiple page thread of verbal assault on Avalon, Bill, Kerry and basically it was a disgrace. The Ark idea was just that, and idea, but when you look at the **** that flew on this forum - do you think anyone who started such a thread would ever be disposed to do it again - even if a better idea came up?

Another one, was some guy who had an idea to start a community in the northern parts of America where he owned some land. Within days he was attacked as some kind of cult leader wannabe, not by one person but by a few people. What was the real problem? Anyone trying to start a community faces logistical problems that involve issues of leadership trust and money. These things appear to be chinks in ones amour and easy targets for the critics - we saw very little criticism of the actual ideas but we did see criticism of the messenger of that idea and his suspected motives.

In my view Avalon is not the place for that kind of behavior. It sums up and leads to the sort of hiatus that we now experience.

I am certain that external energetic influences (to do with our evolutionary circumstances) which have also contributed to the slowdown of the forum.

At least the forum is still here. There are many thousands of words written by thousands of individual contributors which are still mostly available and among them are some very worthwhile treasures of mind expanding beauty and reason.

There are many words yet to be said, and for that at least I hope they are all for the highest and best good of all.

A..
Old 05-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #38
sleepingnomore

I initially joined because I was blown away by the Project Camelot interviews and presentations. I wanted to learn more about the information presented.

I stayed because I saw that there were many members with much information to share and I read everything posted. I found that after the initial blowout this was a different kind of forum with many people who were open to information and didn't make a project out of cutting others viewpoints down like so many other forums on the internet.

There will always be differences of opinion and being able to express those differences respectfully is what helps us grow and understand.

I haven't shared as much as I would like to yet, but that will hopefully change in the very near future as I finish up on other projects and responsibilities.