Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 694
Default so just how responsible are we?

Here is a brand new angle to things which I have never seen before even though I have heard of Dr Joe Vitale, and one I am definitely going to pursue, especially seeing as how I would like to be the change I want to see (perhaps that should now read, see the change I have to be?) This is probably the best motivation I can find.

Read this article and it will blow your socks off.................


I'm Sorry, I Love You
By Dr. Joe Vitale


"I asked Dr. Len how he went about healing himself. "I just kept saying, 'I'm sorry' and 'I love you' over and over again," he explained. Turns out that loving yourself is the greatest way to improve yourself, and as you improve yourself, you improve your world."
-- Author and Inspirational Speaker Joe Vitale


The intriguing message of love and forgiveness below was spread widely over the Internet a while back. Many who have read this message have found it to be incredibly inspiring, but question whether the story is really true. The author is highly respected Joe Vitale, an inspirational speaker, prolific author, and one of the main individuals featured in the popular inspiring film, The Secret.

Joe Vitale personally verified the story about the humble Dr. Len – which he also originally found too good to be true – and has gone on to work with Dr. Len and even co-author a book with him. Materials are included after the story for you to verify what is presented and explore further.


Simple Steps to Healing: I'm Sorry, I Love You
by Dr. Joe Vitale

Two years ago, I heard about a therapist in Hawaii who cured a complete ward of criminally insane patients – without ever seeing any of them. The psychologist would study an inmate's chart and then look within himself to see how he created that person's illness. As he improved himself, the patient improved.

When I first heard this story, I thought it was an urban legend. How could anyone heal anyone else by healing himself? How could even the best self-improvement master cure the criminally insane?

It didn't make any sense. It wasn't logical, so I dismissed the story.

However, I heard it again a year later. I heard that the therapist had used a Hawaiian healing process called ho'oponopono. I had never heard of it, yet I couldn't let it leave my mind. If the story was at all true, I had to know more.

I had always understood "total responsibility" to mean that I am responsible for what I think and do. Beyond that, it's out of my hands. I think that most people think of total responsibility that way. We're responsible for what we do, not what anyone else does. The Hawaiian therapist who healed those mentally ill people would teach me an advanced new perspective about total responsibility.

His name is Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len. We probably spent an hour talking on our first phone call. I asked him to tell me the complete story of his work as a therapist. He explained that he worked at Hawaii State Hospital for four years. That ward where they kept the criminally insane was dangerous. Psychologists quit on a monthly basis. The staff called in sick a lot or simply quit. People would walk through that ward with their backs against the wall, afraid of being attacked by patients. It was not a pleasant place to live, work, or visit.

Dr. Len told me that he never saw patients. He agreed to have an office and to review their files. While he looked at those files, he would work on himself. As he worked on himself, patients began to heal.

"After a few months, patients that had to be shackled were being allowed to walk freely," he told me. "Others who had to be heavily medicated were getting off their medications. And those who had no chance of ever being released were being freed."

I was in awe.

"Not only that," he went on, "but the staff began to enjoy coming to work. Absenteeism and turnover disappeared. We ended up with more staff than we needed because patients were being released, and all the staff was showing up to work."

This is where I had to ask the million dollar question: "What were you doing within yourself that caused those people to change?"

"I was simply healing the part of me that created them," he said.

I didn't understand.

Dr. Len explained that total responsibility for your life means that everything in your life – simply because it is in your life – is your responsibility. In a literal sense the entire world is your creation.

Whew. This is tough to swallow. Being responsible for what I say or do is one thing. Being responsible for what everyone in my life says or does is quite another. Yet, the truth is this: if you take complete responsibility for your life, then everything you see, hear, taste, touch, or in any way experience is your responsibility because it is in your life.

This means that terrorist activity, the president, the economy – anything you experience and don't like – is up for you to heal. They don't exist, in a manner of speaking, except as projections from inside you. The problem isn't with them, it's with you, and to change them, you have to change you.

I know this is tough to grasp, let alone accept or actually live. Blame is far easier than total responsibility, but as I spoke with Dr. Len, I began to realize that healing for him and in ho'oponopono means loving yourself. If you want to improve your life, you have to heal your life. If you want to cure anyone – even a mentally ill criminal – you do it by healing you.

I asked Dr. Len how he went about healing himself. What was he doing, exactly, when he looked at those patients' files?

"I just kept saying, 'I'm sorry' and 'I love you' over and over again," he explained.

That's it?

That's it.

Turns out that loving yourself is the greatest way to improve yourself, and as you improve yourself, you improve your world. Let me give you a quick example of how this works: one day, someone sent me an email that upset me. In the past I would have handled it by working on my emotional hot buttons or by trying to reason with the person who sent the nasty message. This time, I decided to try Dr. Len's method. I kept silently saying, "I'm sorry" and "I love you." I didn't say it to anyone in particular. I was simply evoking the spirit of love to heal within me what was creating the outer circumstance.

Within an hour I got an e-mail from the same person. He apologized for his previous message. Keep in mind that I didn't take any outward action to get that apology. I didn't even write him back. Yet, by saying "I love you," I somehow healed within me what was creating him.

In short, [Dr. Len says] there is no out there. It would take a whole book to explain this advanced technique with the depth it deserves. Suffice it to say that whenever you want to improve anything in your life, there's only one place to look: inside you.

And when you look, do it with love.


Note: This article is edited from the book Zero Limits by Dr. Joe Vitale and Dr. Len. You can listen to Joe talk about his experience with Dr. Len and his involvement with the inspiring movie, The Secret, on News for the Soul by clicking here. He starts talking about Dr. Len at minute 15 in this highly engaging one-hour interview.

Dr. Len's message may be quite hard to believe, yet it's amazingly simple. He states that we are all responsible for everything that we see in our world. By taking full personal responsibility and then healing the wounded places within ourselves, we can literally heal ourselves and our world. As related by Joe Vitale in the radio interview, Dr. Len suggests a four-stage process for this work. Whenever a place for healing presents itself in your life, open to the place where the hurt resides within you. After identifying this place, with as much feeling as you can, say the below four statements:

* I love you.
* I'm sorry.
* Please forgive me.
* Thank you.

For several inspiring articles on this process from Dr. Len's website, click on the "Articles" tag at his website, http://www.hooponoponotheamericas.org. Even if you are skeptical, consider giving this simple healing method a try to see what happens. Many have found it to be incredibly profound in their lives. Thanks for taking the time to read this story and may your life open to ever more healing and miracles.
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: devon england
Posts: 1,905
Default Re: so just how responsible are we?

Brilliant i know of this and it

works ........

take a few minits

and try it ....

rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 992
Default Re: so just how responsible are we?

A very thought provoking thread Zeddo. Thank you for posting it. It is something that we can come back to endlessly and to keep re-reminding ourselves of. There are no absolute 'others' outside of "ourselves" , we are all "one".

Love and Light

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
Malletzky
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: It doesn't matter any more
Posts: 534
Default Re: so just how responsible are we?

The above mentioned articel appeared few years ago and since then, Joe Vitale and Dr. Len also brought a book about hooponopono.


It's called "Zero Limits" and it is really worth reading.


malletzky
Malletzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
CacklingMuse
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: northern CA
Posts: 28
Default Re: so just how responsible are we?

just started reading about ho'opono and deel there really is something to it..
it uses 4 self-soothing statements such as:
I Love You
I'm Sorry
Please Forgive Me
Thank You

the best time to use this "exercise" is always, especially when any emotional baggage likes to rear it's ugly head, or resentment creeps up, or even moments lost to fear and regret.
self:
i love you-
i'm sorry we couldn't have/find/do/be
please forgive me for my hesitation
thank you for guiding me where i'm most useful
CacklingMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lunar Base II
Posts: 3,093
Default Re: so just how responsible are we?

This is interesting. I just spoke to a remote viewer several hours ago who told me about the possibility of telepathically changing terrorists into non-terrorists. Then I turned on my computer and saw this thread! Perhaps it is possible to do battle with the malevolent entities who influence other people. I think we all battle malevolent entities...all the time...some of us more than others.

I keep trying to put myself in the shoes of the Pope, the President, CIA, NSA, Bilderbergers, Reptilians, Elites, Police, Soldiers, etc, etc...and try to imagine what they have to go through...and what would be involved in doing the right thing. It's easy for me to type away on my computer...but what if I really had to deal with their situations and perplexities?

This is one reason I have decided to promote the idea of basing the United Nations on the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. I guess I'm trying to hijack the U.N. away from what seems to be a malevolently non-human agenda...and toward a decidedly pro-human agenda which puts We the People of Earth in the driver's seat. I read the CFR Journal 'Foreign Affairs' regularly...and I recommend that everyone read it. I don't agree with a lot of things...but the articles are well written and informative. It also gives me clues regarding how I would communicate with people like Henry Kissenger, David Rockefeller, Zbigniew Brzezinzki, etc. These are not stupid people...but I think they take orders from malevolent non-humans. I don't have proof...but this is what I currently think. By doing psychic battle with these malevolent non-human entities...perhaps I lighten the load in some small way for the people in the spotlight.

In any case...responsibility is the key word. This thread examines one aspect of this word. Christianity uses the term 'intercessory prayer' for a similar activity. According to the Gospels...Jesus performed miracles at a distance. He also told us that we are our brother's keeper. Perhaps we need to save the entire human race...in order to save ourselves. Thank-you for posting this Zeddo.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 05-17-2009 at 03:01 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother
 
mudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: belgium
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: so just how responsible are we?

Ho'oponopono is great !
Once you really understand it you 'll see that ONE is all and that separateness is only an illusion created in the field of the mind.
The mind will always thrive on dualities and dichotomies where as in reality these are completely absent from the realm of spirit.
This is why Ho'oponopono works as it brings you back to source.

Lovely you brought it up Zeddo

kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:43 AM   #8
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 694
Default Re: so just how responsible are we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malletzky View Post
The above mentioned articel appeared few years ago and since then, Joe Vitale and Dr. Len also brought a book about hooponopono.


It's called "Zero Limits" and it is really worth reading.


malletzky
Thanks for that Mal' I will look for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CacklingMuse View Post
just started reading about ho'opono and deel there really is something to it..
it uses 4 self-soothing statements such as:
I Love You
I'm Sorry
Please Forgive Me
Thank You

the best time to use this "exercise" is always, especially when any emotional baggage likes to rear it's ugly head, or resentment creeps up, or even moments lost to fear and regret.
self:
i love you-
i'm sorry we couldn't have/find/do/be
please forgive me for my hesitation
thank you for guiding me where i'm most useful
Excelelnt response 'Muse, I especially appreciate how you break the 4 into practical applications. This is of tremendous help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
This is interesting. I just spoke to a remote viewer several hours ago who told me about the possibility of telepathically changing terrorists into non-terrorists. Then I turned on my computer and saw this thread! Perhaps it is possible to do battle with the malevolent entities who influence other people. I think we all battle malevolent entities...all the time...some of us more than others.

I keep trying to put myself in the shoes of the Pope, the President, CIA, NSA, Bilderbergers, Reptilians, Elites, Police, Soldiers, etc, etc...and try to imagine what they have to go through...and what would be involved in doing the right thing. It's easy for me to type away on my computer...but what if I really had to deal with their situations and perplexities?

This is one reason I have decided to promote the idea of basing the United Nations on the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. I guess I'm trying to hijack the U.N. away from what seems to be a malevolently non-human agenda...and toward a decidedly pro-human agenda which puts We the People of Earth in the driver's seat. I read the CFR Journal 'Foreign Affairs' regularly...and I recommend that everyone read it. I don't agree with a lot of things...but the articles are well written and informative. It also gives me clues regarding how I would communicate with people like Henry Kissenger, David Rockefeller, Zbigniew Brzezinzki, etc. These are not stupid people...but I think they take orders from malevolent non-humans. I don't have proof...but this is what I currently think. By doing psychic battle with these malevolent non-human entities...perhaps I lighten the load in some small way for the people in the spotlight.

In any case...responsibility is the key word. This thread examines one aspect of this word. Christianity uses the term 'intercessory prayer' for a similar activity. According to the Gospels...Jesus performed miracles at a distance. He also told us that we are our brother's keeper. Perhaps we need to save the entire human race...in order to save ourselves. Thank-you for posting this Zeddo.
Hi there Ortho'
Great reply, I know in my life especially the synchronicities are accelerating like you would never believe. A small one was yesterday my wife was trying to find her school friends address without any joy. We recieved an email and amazingly, her addy was there in the To: column ! That's one of many.
I agree, put yourself in their shoes, what must it be like what would I have done given the same pressures, opportunities etc.
Good observation about saving the entire human race. I would have to agree as we constitute part of that whole. We are the collective in individual fragments and need to bring the fragments together in to a place of total recall/recognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Ho'oponopono is great !
Once you really understand it you 'll see that ONE is all and that separateness is only an illusion created in the field of the mind.
The mind will always thrive on dualities and dichotomies where as in reality these are completely absent from the realm of spirit.
This is why Ho'oponopono works as it brings you back to source.

Lovely you brought it up Zeddo

kindness
mudra
Hi Mudra
The mind is the playground of our ignorance, and yes I can see how seperateness is of the mind. Hence the need to get back to spirit.

Thank you all for the input, I hope I haven't missed anyone, if I have, please forgive me!

All Love in Light

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #9
pushedforfreedom
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 32
Default Re: so just how responsible are we?

It's funny. I had never heard of Dr. Len's story before, but on some level, I've always tried to make of an example of myself for others to learn from. At a fairly young age, I adopted the philosophy to learn from others mistakes, but what ended up happening was that I was learning from others, just as much as they were learning from me - it was really a fantastic cycle.

I never told anyone what I was doing, in fact - I'm not sure I was even really aware of the level that I was doing it, but I can certainly relate to the story, and I'm going to make more of a conscious effort to put this into practice.
pushedforfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:12 AM   #10
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member
 
Unified Serenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 893
Smile Re: so just how responsible are we?

I think this is in the 3rd lesson in the "transformation classes". I had to rethink something that I had been doing for a few years, and I did it thinking I was being non-judgmental. I would take responsibility for my feelings, and then respond out of love to whatever situation I was. I would let the other party be free to take whatever position they wanted and not judge them as "that is their path, and it's not responsibility to direct anyone's path or interfere with it".

Now, after taking the third lesson and seeing the logic of "If I am responsible for my life, and you are in my life (we are all one), then I am just as responsible for your feelings, life, and actions as I am my own." So, now I am going through my personal inventory, watching my children and partner as we keep our home positive and mold the little dahlings into beings of love and light, and as I hear things within the world or experience negativity from others, I am silently identifying that place within me that can identify with them and saying, "I Love you.... I'm sorry.... Please forgive me.......," and once I sense that energy sent, I say, "Thank you."

I have had a lot of emotional currents flowing around me just recently as if I have opened my soul gate within the ever present universal river and feel so much of the sorrow others are carrying, and desire to lighten their burdens. I don't know if others are sensing this as well, but it seems I feel compelled to skim off this sorrow, loss, and pain in our world. I think for my own health, I will focus on sending universal love into the stream to each soul and draw them ever onward.

Love and blessings,


Unified Serenity
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:10 AM   #11
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 694
Default Re: so just how responsible are we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unified Serenity View Post
I think this is in the 3rd lesson in the "transformation classes". I had to rethink something that I had been doing for a few years, and I did it thinking I was being non-judgmental. I would take responsibility for my feelings, and then respond out of love to whatever situation I was. I would let the other party be free to take whatever position they wanted and not judge them as "that is their path, and it's not responsibility to direct anyone's path or interfere with it".

Now, after taking the third lesson and seeing the logic ...........
Hi US,
This has to be one of the hardest lessons for me!!! I was doinf well untill I got to lesson 3 and now find I have to really do some deep searching as there are areas that need attention, and they need me to direct that attention and not the other parties. No easy way out !!!!

Thanks for your insightful response.

Love and Blessings

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon