Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:42 AM   #776
PhiedPiper
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 2012 Nexus Event – Unknown Form of Energy comes our way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Phied can you tell me how long that file will be ?
How long is the meditation supposed to take ? 1 hour ?
Need to know so people can prepare for it .

Could you have it all made by next week tuesday the 3rd latest.
That would give us some time to check if we can download it properly , listen to it , give some feed back etc...before the BIG DAY.

Would be great Phied

Thank you
kindness
mudra
Hi mudra, right now I'm working with a half hour length file as the "trial period" standard, I'm uploading a high quality mp3 of it for now so people can have a listen.

I think in the beginning we should see if everyone is comfortable with meditation for this length of time, and then we can make it longer (maybe 45m, then 1h, then finally 1h15m).

I also wanted to mention that people should consider lying down to meditate, this is how I usually do it, but it's important to not be too tired or it's very easy to fall asleep. This is why usually favourite time is the early evening.

More important than anything is that everyone agrees with the character of the file (as this is the kind of character I produce pretty much all the time), I have a pretty slow internet connection so it will take awhile to be fully uploaded, but I'll link to it when it's done, please let me know what you think!

If everyone is happy with the quality of the file, I will work on an extended file (45 minutes with 15 minute fade in and out, so 1h15m or so) in a very similar style for May at the very latest, but hopefully much sooner. I will be putting everything I know into that file!

This one I think will be very effective in the meantime, I hope!

Last edited by PhiedPiper; 01-29-2009 at 04:05 AM.
PhiedPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:55 AM   #777
PhiedPiper
Avalon Senior Member

Alright, the half hour file is available for trial runs and comments.

If the type of feeling evoked by the file goes well with everyone, I will be doing another file in the same style that is much longer.

If anyone has any qualitative way of describing how it could be done differently, don't be afraid to speak up! Now is the perfect time to do it, because afterwards I will really be getting to work.

This is just one of the many possible approaches to soundtracking for meditation: the "minimal, slowly evolving soundscape" approach. There are many other approaches that are highly suitable as well, if anyone prefers: some popular elements include: natural backgrounds, piano and strings (very popular), tibetan bowls. Sometimes, it's even possible to make composite files that flow from one into another, which was an option I was also considering.

Here's the file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/190981177/01.mp3

The file is a higher than usual quality mp3, so it might be a good compromise for the time being. For the full length file I will be sure to upload the best quality with plenty of advance time so that people can have the maximum effect in May.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:23 AM   #778
Perseide
Avalon Senior Member

Hi everybody, I had an hour or so to spend tonight and decided to make a video to promote the nexus 2012 event. Sadly every single music files I added with the video was rejected by Youtube because of the copyrights... so the soundtrack that is in the video is my 4th try... sorry about that.

I know I have my own style so I decided to make some sort of a demo and post it so you can see it and tell me what you think and if you want to give me some ideas, please feel free to do so. when i started it, I didn't even had a clue what I would do.

Take a look, and feel free to use it, modify it if you feel like so and please give me some ideas if you have some.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lWRFd5e24T0

Trully yours
Perseide

P.S. Thanx Phiedpiper, I am downloading your file as I type...
Perseide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #779
Perseide
Avalon Senior Member

Oh by the way... the HD version is available!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:51 AM   #780
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiedPiper View Post

If the type of feeling evoked by the file goes well with everyone, I will be doing another file in the same style that is much longer.

If anyone has any qualitative way of describing how it could be done differently, don't be afraid to speak up! Now is the perfect time to do it, because afterwards I will really be getting to work.

This is just one of the many possible approaches to soundtracking for meditation: the "minimal, slowly evolving soundscape" approach. There are many other approaches that are highly suitable as well, if anyone prefers: some popular elements include: natural backgrounds, piano and strings (very popular), tibetan bowls. Sometimes, it's even possible to make composite files that flow from one into another, which was an option I was also considering.

Here's the file:

The file is a higher than usual quality mp3, so it might be a good compromise for the time being. For the full length file I will be sure to upload the best quality with plenty of advance time so that people can have the maximum effect in May.
Phied I really liked that file. It is the type of sound I personnally like to go into while meditating.
Also it's build on a crescendo that gradually gives one a sensation of expanding.
It could have tibetan bowls in the background that I think might add some flavour to it.

However the sound quality of the file was'nt good. I had to pump up the volume at maximum to hear it properly.

Thank you for me it's great Looking forward for the extended version.

Kindness
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 01-29-2009 at 08:53 AM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #781
Astralwalker
Avalon Senior Member

Hi my friends,

PhieldPiper - I also like your audio file. Very powerful and it takes you very deep. It can serve its purpose.

Perseide – Your video file is great. Good work.

Thanks to everyone for all the hard work done. We are already shaping our reality with our intention and visualization that we put into this.

Deepest respect to all of you,

Astralwalker
Astralwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #782
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseide View Post
Hi everybody, I had an hour or so to spend tonight and decided to make a video to promote the nexus 2012 event. Sadly every single music files I added with the video was rejected by Youtube because of the copyrights... so the soundtrack that is in the video is my 4th try... sorry about that.

I know I have my own style so I decided to make some sort of a demo and post it so you can see it and tell me what you think and if you want to give me some ideas, please feel free to do so. when i started it, I didn't even had a clue what I would do.

Take a look, and feel free to use it, modify it if you feel like so and please give me some ideas if you have some.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lWRFd5e24T0

Trully yours
Perseide

P.S. Thanx Phiedpiper, I am downloading your file as I type...
Hello Perseide,

I watched and enjoyed your video.
Get in touch with mikey so he can add it to the nexus website in the info or event section .

Thank you for your well inspired work !

Kindness
mudra
Old 01-29-2009, 04:04 PM   #783
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

Perseide!!!

I LOVED yr clip and sent it out on my myspace bulletins!!

Just wanted to ask if you could put the http address for this thread on the description that is at the right sideof the youtube page-if it is in http it becomes a live link!!!

The website is Beautiful!!

I am making up postcards for the event and handing them out wherever!!

I am so impressed!! We are amazing,We are One!!

Also pls keep refering back to the post with the list(post #732) As It is updated every few days!!

Namaste!!
Samarkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #784
jazzgad
Avalon Senior Member

I had small issue downloading the music file ,clicking on link nor right clicking and trying to save file did not work only opening separate tab from the link
produced rapidshare page .

but file is great produces in me state of expanded awareness
and laing down helps to completely relax my body (thanks for the tip Phied )

great work
thank you
jazzgad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #785
viking
Avalon Senior Member

I would like to thank Astral and everyone concerned for there huge input in this awesome thread.....

I have been on other Forums and I must say the passion here is overwhelming!!

Just keep it going.

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:20 PM   #786
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

To Perseide, I watched it too. I liked it and the music too.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #787
judykott
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: 2012 Nexus Event – Unknown Form of Energy comes our way!

Phied Piper, I was wondering if you heard about the Sun sounds and other planetary sounds that Nasa taped. David Sereta used them to restructure water into a fabulously beautiful crystal. Since humans are mostly water as well as our mother earth perhaps they could be used as well to assist. Here is a link to the site.

Re: Amazing Water ~ Is it Conscious?
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=10335

Here is the link to purchase the sun sound to vitalize the water. It is $12

http://www.voiceentertainment.net/music.html

I just watched the Alex Collier tapes that Antaletriangle posted
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=10442

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...07000577&hl=en.

Alex Colier was stating in them that it is the Andromedans form of music to listen to the sounds of the planets, stars and other things in the Universe.
judykott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #788
PhiedPiper
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback so far! I'll be sure to normalize the next file so it's louder. I'll experiment with adding some bowl resonances here and there in the file, and extend it using a really interesting technique I'll be sure to describe after I'm sure it will work (!)

This file adds the gamma entrainment layer - it's hard to hear behind everything else but the mind does hear it loud and clear. In the next file I will also reintroduce the Schumann fundamental to test my first hypothesis (the special benefit of entraining these two frequencies simultaneously).

Now hopefully I'll be able to do this in time for February 3rd! I'll try my best!

Any other comments are very welcome.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #789
PhiedPiper
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judykott View Post
Phied Piper, I was wondering if you heard about the Sun sounds and other planetary sounds that Nasa taped. David Sereta used them to restructure water into a fabulously beautiful crystal. Since humans are mostly water as well as our mother earth perhaps they could be used as well to assist. Here is a link to the site.

Re: Amazing Water ~ Is it Conscious?
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=10335

Here is the link to purchase the sun sound to vitalize the water. It is $12

http://www.voiceentertainment.net/music.html

I just watched the Alex Collier tapes that Antaletriangle posted
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=10442

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...07000577&hl=en.

Alex Colier was stating in them that it is the Andromedans form of music to listen to the sounds of the planets, stars and other things in the Universe.
This is really very interesting! Thank you for these links. I'm going to have to try and find an audio sample of this, I am really curious what the sun could sound like, and what process they use to generate the audio.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #790
Perseide
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks to Atralwalker, mudra, samarkis, Burgundia for their feedback on my video.

Phiedpiper, I listened to it it seems promising, I wil try it for real tonight!

Thanx for your work!

Perseide
Old 01-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #791
Antonia
Avalon Senior Member

Hello again everyone on Nexus... I've been very busy with 3d work and offline for a bit but am still with the Nexus project wholeheartedly...

The Irish ground crew... many are not in to paying subscription, are aware of Nexus..and we are all meeting on Feb 8th on a sacred hill right in the middle of ireland (We live across the four corners of the country) to do a first run .... and will be meeting again on March 9th..

Ferdia, Island man, Regeaman , 5th density and a few others.. have all pledged up to this.. Ferdia.. doing great work in preperation.... and we all have friends who are joining in...

It's been raining and windy here for weeks so I would imagine it will be no different on Sunday... Typical Irish weather... it will be very dramatic doing this on a wild windy wet hill top in the dark... good practice ... I am so energised by this project... as well as a wee bit excited as formany of us it willbe the first time we meet in the flesh... quite an adventure...
Courage Love and Blessings ... Antonia
Antonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #792
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
Hello again everyone on Nexus... I've been very busy with 3d work and offline for a bit but am still with the Nexus project wholeheartedly...

The Irish ground crew... many are not in to paying subscription, are aware of Nexus..and we are all meeting on Feb 8th on a sacred hill right in the middle of ireland (We live across the four corners of the country) to do a first run .... and will be meeting again on March 9th..

Ferdia, Island man, Regeaman , 5th density and a few others.. have all pledged up to this.. Ferdia.. doing great work in preperation.... and we all have friends who are joining in...

It's been raining and windy here for weeks so I would imagine it will be no different on Sunday... Typical Irish weather... it will be very dramatic doing this on a wild windy wet hill top in the dark... good practice ... I am so energised by this project... as well as a wee bit excited as formany of us it willbe the first time we meet in the flesh... quite an adventure...
Courage Love and Blessings ... Antonia
Fantastic Antonia !
What a thrilling experience this will be.
I would happily join you if you were living next door

All the best to all of you on the 8th !
mudra
Old 01-30-2009, 04:49 AM   #793
Robski
Avalon Senior Member

Hello all, please count me in for this exciting global event that will perptuate into a movement of abundant love to us all.

I've arranged with a group of friends on Thursday to practise group meditation prior to the 8th of Feb. Hopefully if there are any questions amongst us, we're able to iron them out and provide greater enthusiasm to achieve a euphoric event.
Robski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:16 AM   #794
Yettone
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiedPiper View Post

Here's the file:

Dear friend the file is excellent...
Yettone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:39 AM   #795
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

Just to let all know,recieved word from Will Williams that he is most happy to join in Feb 8th and says what a great thread ! Sends Love & Light to all!!

Samarkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #796
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Friends,

Go here to give Phied feed back to the music he has designed for our meditation of the 8th.

It's important you do this so he can rearrange the piece as necessary and post the definitive one
by next week tuesday.

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...905#post107905

Thank you
kindness
mudra
Old 01-30-2009, 10:05 PM   #797
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robski View Post
Hello all, please count me in for this exciting global event that will perptuate into a movement of abundant love to us all.

I've arranged with a group of friends on Thursday to practise group meditation prior to the 8th of Feb. Hopefully if there are any questions amongst us, we're able to iron them out and provide greater enthusiasm to achieve a euphoric event.
Welcome aboard Robski

All the best to you and your friends.
Please visit my special nexus announcement thread and put your name there too.
Thank you

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=10461

Kindness
mudra
Old 01-30-2009, 10:07 PM   #798
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
I would like to thank Astral and everyone concerned for there huge input in this awesome thread.....

I have been on other Forums and I must say the passion here is overwhelming!!

Just keep it going.

viking
Thank you Viking,

You are welcome.
Will you be with us on the meditation events ?
Please visit my thread about this
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=10461

Thank you

Kindness
mudra
Old 01-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #799
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarkis View Post
Just to let all know,recieved word from Will Williams that he is most happy to join in Feb 8th and says what a great thread ! Sends Love & Light to all!!

Thank you Samarkis and welcome to Will Williams !

Kindness
mudra
Old 01-31-2009, 06:27 AM   #800
judykott
Avalon Senior Member

Canada's Stonehenge:scientist says Alberta sun temple has 5,000 year old calendar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A view of a 5,000-year-old stone cairn and other structures in southern Alberta that a maverick Edmonton scientist believes are the central features of an ancient sun temple and calendar that accurately marks the solstices and the equinoxes. THE CANADIAN PRESS/ho

Canada's Stonehenge: scientist says Alberta sun temple has 5,000-year-old calendar

29/01/2009 4:52:00 PM

Bob Weber, THE CANADIAN PRESS
EDMONTON - An academic maverick is challenging conventional wisdom on Canada's prehistory by claiming an archeological site in southern Alberta is really a vast, open-air sun temple with a precise 5,000-year-old calendar predating England's Stonehenge and Egypt's pyramids.

Mainstream archeologists consider the rock-encircled cairn to be just another medicine wheel left behind by early aboriginals. But a new book by retired University of Alberta professor Gordon Freeman says it is in fact the centre of a 26-square-kilometre stone "lacework" that marks the changing seasons and the phases of the moon with greater accuracy than our current calendar.

"Genius existed on the prairies 5,000 years ago," says Freeman, the widely published former head of the university's physical and theoretical chemistry department.

Freeman's fascination with prairie prehistory dates back to his Saskatchewan boyhood. He and his father would comb the short grasses of the plains in search of artifacts exposed by the scouring wind. That curiosity never left him and he returned to it as he prepared to retire from active teaching.

Looking for a hobby, he asked a friend with an interest in history to suggest a few intriguing sites to visit. On a warm late-August day in 1980, that list drew him to what he has come to call Canada's Stonehenge, which is also the title of his book.

A central cairn atop one of a series of low hills overlooking the Bow River, about 70 kilometres east of Calgary, had been partially excavated in 1971 and dated at about 5,000 years old. But as he approached it, Freeman strongly felt there was much more there than previously thought.

"As we walked toward the hilltop, I saw all kinds of patterns in the rocks on the way up. As I walked around the hilltop, I could see patterns that I doubted very much were accidental."

Freeman photographed what he saw and showed the images to archeologists. They told him the rocks, some of which weigh up to a tonne, had been randomly distributed by melting glaciers But those rocks and rock piles, Freeman said, had been "highly engineered," shimmied and balanced and wedged in ways he couldn't believe were natural. And so began a magnificent obsession - 28 years of photographing the site in summer and winter, observing the alignment of rocks and how they coincided with the recurring patterns of sun, moon and stars.

Freeman estimates he and his wife Phyllis have spent a total of seven months living at the site. Twelve thousand photographs with precise times and dates are neatly catalogued in his files.

What he found:

The central cairn is surrounded by 28 radiating stone lines, four of which align with the cardinal points of the compass. Those lines are encircled by another ring of stones.

A few metres away lies a stone semicircle, with a large stone between it and the central cairn. The left edge of the semicircle lines up with both the central stone and the right edge of the cairn, and vice versa.

To Freeman, those features represent the sun, the crescent moon and the morning star.

As well, there are secondary cairns on nearby hills and rock assemblages that seem to correspond to constellations.

And after years of rising before dawn, in all seasons and weather, to carefully photograph the positions of the sun, Freeman found the rocks once thought to be simply strewn across the prairie instead mark the progression of the year with uncanny accuracy.

The rising and setting sun on both the longest and shortest days of the year lines up precisely with V-shaped sights in the temple's rocks. The spring and autumn equinoxes, when day and night are equal, are similarly marked. They are not the equinoxes of the Gregorian calendar currently used, however, but the true astronomical equinoxes.

Freeman is convinced the temple contains a lunar calendar as well, because the 28 rays radiating from the central cairn correspond to the length of the lunar cycle.

"I thought I would complete that study in a couple years," says Freeman, a laughing, vigorous 78. "Twenty-eight years later we're still making discoveries."

Mainstream archeology hasn't been exactly welcoming. Despite being highly regarded in his own field, Freeman says journals have rejected his papers and conferences have denied him a platform.

Professionals in any field resist interlopers from other disciplines and archeology is no exception, he says. But he suggests conventional wisdom can restrict insight.

"If you have preconceptions, you're never going to discover anything."

Although he hasn't read "Canada's Stonehenge," University of Alberta archeologist Jack Ives is familiar with Freeman's theories.

He says recent research suggests some astronomical knowledge developed in Central and South America flowed north to the plains, where it was adapted by people for their own purposes.

"There is some basis for thinking there was sophisticated astronomical knowledge," says Ives.

But what exactly is manifested in the medicine wheels?

"They may certainly reflect solstices and equinoxes. How much more sophisticated beyond that has been a subject of debate."

But Ives points out the terrain in question is an ancient glacial moraine, full of naturally occurring rocks.

"You have to be very careful about what you line up."

Freeman, however, is convinced. He looks forward to the academic debate to come.

"I know my song well before I sing it," he says, quoting Bob Dylan.

Meanwhile, Freeman hopes to use any publicity generated by his book to push for preservation of the site. Part of it is privately owned, but most is Crown land and open to both the energy industry and casual, possibly destructive, visitors.

"The place is so far away from anything that it's not adequately protected."

Freeman is a man of science, trained to trust hard data and believe evidence over sensation. But after 28 years unravelling a message in mute stones, the wind in his hair and the sun on his face, absorbed in ancient mysteries, the site has come to evoke in him something akin to reverence.

"I can go down there with a headache and within a day everything is gone. It's just like a cure. There is something down there. I just don't know how to describe it.

"I just feel very comfortable there. I just feel comfortable."
Attached Thumbnails
judykott is offline   Reply With Quote