Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
viking
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,709
Default UK to axe ufo files????

Mmm ... I wonder what this means???

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...reau-axed.html

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So. Cal. U.S.
Posts: 4,205
Default Re: UK to axe ufo files????

Here's another article from AP...

19 mins ago
LONDON – Britain's military has closed a hotline that took reports of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, after determining that the money is better spent in Afghanistan.

The Ministry of Defense says that the phone service and an associated e-mail address were taken offline earlier this week, and said Friday that 50 years of UFO sightings had not revealed any evidence of alien life or threats to the U.K.

It said that there was "no defense value in investigating UFO reports" and that the money could better be used funding operations in Afghanistan.

The officer who used to deal with the reports has now been reassigned.

"None of the thousands of UFO sightings reported over the years have ever provided substantiated proof of the existence of extraterrestrials," a ministry spokesman said. "There is no defense value in investigating UFO reports."

The spokesman said closing down the UFO inquiry unit would save about 44,000 pounds ($73,000) a year and would not add to the security threats Britain faces.

He said no one has lost their job because of the closure of the UFO portfolio, which over the years had detailed tens of thousands of sightings, including many with fanciful illustrations about purported encounters with aliens.

A Ministry of Defense statement indicates the military takes no position on the existence or nonexistence of UFOs but has concluded that in 50 years none of the many reported UFO sightings turned out to be a national security threat.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091204/...in_ufo_hotline
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northeastern Brazil
Posts: 1,259
Default Re: UK to axe ufo files????

Hi Dantheman62,

It seems that the UK is really strapped for cash.

The thing is, the 'UFO' part of the defense ministry was just one person filing away documents. Nick Pope, for example, explained that he was responsible for a desk and his job was to file the reports. I don't beleive that the UK is stopping to scour the skies for ANY object, let alone UFOs. After all all flying object reports need to be investigated, a UFO is exactly that an airborn object that could not be identified.

Basically they're taking away one persons' job and pretending to employ the saved money into another project - Afghanistan.

Could this leave the UK open for an Alien attack? Or any air attack? Let's wait and see...

Best regards,

Steve




Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Here's another article from AP...

19 mins ago
LONDON – Britain's military has closed a hotline that took reports of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, after determining that the money is better spent in Afghanistan.

The Ministry of Defense says that the phone service and an associated e-mail address were taken offline earlier this week, and said Friday that 50 years of UFO sightings had not revealed any evidence of alien life or threats to the U.K.

It said that there was "no defense value in investigating UFO reports" and that the money could better be used funding operations in Afghanistan.

The officer who used to deal with the reports has now been reassigned.

"None of the thousands of UFO sightings reported over the years have ever provided substantiated proof of the existence of extraterrestrials," a ministry spokesman said. "There is no defense value in investigating UFO reports."

The spokesman said closing down the UFO inquiry unit would save about 44,000 pounds ($73,000) a year and would not add to the security threats Britain faces.

He said no one has lost their job because of the closure of the UFO portfolio, which over the years had detailed tens of thousands of sightings, including many with fanciful illustrations about purported encounters with aliens.

A Ministry of Defense statement indicates the military takes no position on the existence or nonexistence of UFOs but has concluded that in 50 years none of the many reported UFO sightings turned out to be a national security threat.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091204/...in_ufo_hotline
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon