Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Default The Journey Awaits

Hello my fellow friends,

It has been some time. A wonderful time indeed. And life is abloom. About a year ago, a mountain began calling my name. It has grown stronger and stronger. There are tales of this mountain, of tall fair skinned blue eyed people coming from beneath its mount from caves hidden deep below. Magical people they were.

I have seen the title to Jules Verne's epic to the world beneath appear more than a dozen times to me this week. The time has arrived. I shall depart tomorrow. My tarot was the Chariot today, from a beautiful stranger. Beauty a word I seem to overuse but it says so much.

Tonight, synchronicity was at beautiful all time high I believe. It was rather rampant, but yes everywhere! The connections were coming together like a fairy tale. I think I am starting to understand.

Anyways, I have to cut this short. If I have time I shall add more. If I return, details of my trip. Hopefully, beauty is in store. The heart calls. Be well.

I Gregor, the Sentient Explorer, to Katahdin I venture.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:41 AM   #2
Angel in Disguise
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Journey Awaits

Gregor... I have missed reading your posts... Glad you stopped by to say hi ... I was just about to post something about how things are happening so rapidly and how I see things falling into place for the better (hopefully) rather rapidly. I can't even keep track of time now... it has sped up exponentially I'd say ... The adventurous part of the journey is just beginning... ENJOY
Angel in Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel in Disguise View Post
I was just about to post something about how things are happening so rapidly and how I see things falling into place for the better (hopefully) rather rapidly. I can't even keep track of time now... it has sped up exponentially I'd say ... The adventurous part of the journey is just beginning... ENJOY
It's the same for me....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
Hello my fellow friends,

It has been some time. A wonderful time indeed. And life is abloom. About a year ago, a mountain began calling my name. It has grown stronger and stronger. There are tales of this mountain, of tall fair skinned blue eyed people coming from beneath its mount from caves hidden deep below. Magical people they were.

I have seen the title to Jules Verne's epic to the world beneath appear more than a dozen times to me this week. The time has arrived. I shall depart tomorrow. My tarot was the Chariot today, from a beautiful stranger. Beauty a word I seem to overuse but it says so much.

Tonight, synchronicity was at beautiful all time high I believe. It was rather rampant, but yes everywhere! The connections were coming together like a fairy tale. I think I am starting to understand.

Anyways, I have to cut this short. If I have time I shall add more. If I return, details of my trip. Hopefully, beauty is in store. The heart calls. Be well.

I GIT GOOSE PIMPLES READING YOUR POST

PLEEZE COME BACK TELL US MORE
IN LOVE AND BEAUTY rhythmmmm
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
Angel in Disguise
Avalon Senior Member

Ha... Perfect Burgundia Glad I am not the only one
Angel in Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:33 AM   #6
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Go well Gregor, and have fun!

... then come back and tell us the stories

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #7
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel in Disguise View Post
Ha... Perfect Burgundia Glad I am not the only one
I'll just add to it that I think, my two cats have had their DNA upgraded() as they they seem to be different. i do not know how to describe that change ( it happened several weeks ago) but they seem to be "emotionally more profound", they want to communicate with me more, they also have doubled the need for my attention ( which can be a nuisance sometimes).
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Take some great photos.

Good Luck + Safe Trip Gregor
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #9
cosmictexan
Avalon Senior Member

I would love to hear about your journey to your mountain. Take a lot of pictures.
cosmictexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #10
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

If you run into Ramtha...say hi for us
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #11
judykott
Avalon Senior Member

That is so exciting, have fun on your journeys!
judykott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #12
sleepingnomore

Blessings on your journey! I know that call myself, it can be a humbling experience.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #13
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
Hello my fellow friends,

Magical people they were.

Now your talking my language!!! Welcome back friend!!! Where ya been?! What are you onto now?! AWESOME!!! Peace JT!
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #14
lemon_sky88
Avalon Senior Member

Good luck and Great Light too ya! Im excited to hear the outcome myself.
lemon_sky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:12 PM   #15
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Gregor,

You are a legend in Avalon .
Blessed be your trip to Katadhin and sacred your encounters.
You are in our hearts as we are in yours forever.
Until we meet again .

Boundless love to you
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:03 AM   #16
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: The Journey Awaits

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Katahdin

Looks like a fairly chilled-out but beautiful climb.

No stinging trees, wait-a-while (vines with serated flesh hooks) or hordes of mosquitos & snakes like around here.
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #17
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

I have returned. And alas, I am still alive. I made it to the top of the mountain at sunset, as I did not ascend it via any trail. I found many caves, but not exactly what I was looking for. I did discover the area I was searching for. I also found out that the tallest and oldest volcano east of the Missisippi is right next door called Traveler Mountain. It made me think more in connection with Jules Vernes' story.

I believe I am going to return again in a couple weeks. The place is indeed a magical place. A giant granite monolith with boulders upon boulders. The caves I find were nested chasms within the boudler fields. Technically, it seems like you could keep winding down in them but it could get a little scary.

In the pic below, there is a central ravine, the Witherele Ravine which turns into Katahdin Stream. I hiked up this stream then bushwacked my way into the boulder field which can be seen just to the right of the ravine, in the direct dead center of the mountain [in this specific picture]. I then made my way to the top afterwards a little bit to the right of the ravine just at sunset.

I have 8 pictures in total that I thought came out great. I took only 30 pictures this who trip, even though I have a digital SLR, as I have been trying to be much more selective with my shots. You can view them in my album. http://projectavalon.net/forum/album.php?albumid=670

However, I am still very confident there is something very unique and intriguing about this mountain that is awaiting our discovery. I saw blocks of granite that were just that, blocks with 90 degree angles meeting at the corners. Granite can cleave like that I know, but there was an eerie feeling about the whole nature of the mountain. Namaste.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:20 AM   #18
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member

I love that mountain. Climbed it 3 or 4 times. I have 2 pictures in my album.
metaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:00 AM   #19
cosmictexan
Avalon Senior Member

Your pictures are beautiful. The reflections of the mountains in the water are spectacular. Thanks for filling us in on your journey. Glad you made it back safely.
cosmictexan is offline   Reply With Quote