Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,564
Default The Possibility of Mandatory Vaccinations

There is some language in legislation that was approved by the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) committee and announced on July 15 that points to the possibility of mandatory vaccinations:

"Authorizes a demonstration program to improve immunization coverage. Under this program, CDC will provide grants to states to improve immunization coverage of children, adolescents, and adults through the use of evidence-based interventions. States may use funds to implement interventions that are recommended by the Community Preventive Services Task Force, such as reminders or recalls for patients or providers, or home visits."

This language is found in the first paragraph of page 14 of a summary of the legislation that is found on the Senate committee's website. Here is the link to the 22 page document:

http://help.senate.gov/Maj_press/2009_07_15_b.pdf
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
Tramik
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 70
Default Re: The Possibility of Mandatory Vaccinations

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
There is some language in legislation that was approved by the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) committee and announced on July 15 that points to the possibility of mandatory vaccinations:

"Authorizes a demonstration program to improve immunization coverage. Under this program, CDC will provide grants to states to improve immunization coverage of children, adolescents, and adults through the use of evidence-based interventions. States may use funds to implement interventions that are recommended by the Community Preventive Services Task Force, such as reminders or recalls for patients or providers, or home visits."

This language is found in the first paragraph of page 14 of a summary of the legislation that is found on the Senate committee's website. Here is the link to the 22 page document:

http://help.senate.gov/Maj_press/2009_07_15_b.pdf
A part of me is curious to see how this plays out. Needless to say, the powers that be have finally got the nerve to play with fire, and they just might get burned. Although people have sat back passively for so long, that's only because they've had the illusion of being unaffected by our governments actions. When this illusion fades, and it will, people are going to rise up, simultaneously all across the world.

If we create enough awareness - handing out fliers, dvds, etc, they don't stand a chance. We are the power, and after thousands of years of being dormant, we shall awake, and they will wish they enjoyed what they once had.
Tramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,564
Default Re: The Possibility of Mandatory Vaccinations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramik View Post

...If we create enough awareness - handing out fliers, dvds, etc...
I hope I hope I hope!!!
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:34 AM   #4
lemon_sky88
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.
Posts: 152
Default Re: The Possibility of Mandatory Vaccinations

I agree, escalation is what we need and this may be the only way to get it. No one said our path as humans was meant to be easy. Well in our current state of mind at least. I for one am a very mad concerned parent who unfortunately has been vaccinated fully due to lack of info giving to my parents. I too vaccinated my children. Or began too. I refuse to allow any further vaccinations my boy is 3 and my girl is 1. So yea bit to late for me and I for one would go on a personal campaign to end these senseless crimes against humanity. Thanks for the good word seashore. Keep this up Avalon!
lemon_sky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:34 PM   #5
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,564
Default Re: The Possibility of Mandatory Vaccinations

In one of Dr. Deagle’s radio shows recently he mentioned that a caller said on-air that he was aware that on a survey, 45 – 65% of doctors and nurses said they do not want to be vaccinated.

Guess that leaves 35 - 55% willing to be vaccinated, and willing to vaccinate others...
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
Tramik
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 70
Default Re: The Possibility of Mandatory Vaccinations

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
In one of Dr. Deagle’s radio shows recently he mentioned that a caller said on-air that he was aware that on a survey, 45 – 65% of doctors and nurses said they do not want to be vaccinated.

Guess that leaves 35 - 55% willing to be vaccinated, and willing to vaccinate others...
A couple days ago in the local newspaper they had reported that they will not be having mandatory vaccination for health care workers. That's great news, thus far. But we also have to keep in mind that its really not the local authorities who want mandatory vaccination, its the WHO who has both the power and the desire to do such a thing.
Tramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,564
Default Re: The Possibility of Mandatory Vaccinations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramik View Post
...its the WHO who has both the power and the desire to do such a thing.
That's my understanding as well.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:01 AM   #8
Tramik
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 70
Default Re: The Possibility of Mandatory Vaccinations

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...REE/905229982#

Flu shots on tap for health care workers

State authorities are proposing making flu vaccines mandatory for all health care workers in New York state, including anyone who comes in contact with patients.

By Barbara Benson

The state Department of Health is proposing mandatory flu vaccines for all health care workers in the state. The new rule would apply not just to staff, but to anyone who potentially comes into direct contact with patients. That includes contract workers, students and volunteers.

The proposal, which is still in draft form, would apply to everyone working in hospitals, diagnostic and treatment centers, certified home health agencies, long-term home health care programs, AIDS home care programs, licensed home care services agencies, and hospices. A separate rule is pending in the Legislature that applies to nursing home workers.

The state health department’s move is an acknowledgment that voluntary flu vaccination efforts don’t work. But it wasn’t clear if the regulation would be implemented before any vaccination for the H1N1 flu virus is manufactured.

Although the CDC has recommended flu shots for health workers since 1981, voluntary participation is extremely low among New York health workers, at a mere 40%.

But at least one study showed that while 23% of health care personnel had serologic evidence of a flu infection, most of those—59% in fact—could not recall having symptoms. Nonetheless, the potential for spreading infection among elderly and weak patients is high.

According to DOH data, 5,179 employees in hospitals and nursing homes were sickened by either suspected or confirmed flu infections between 2000 and 2007, while more than 19,000 hospital patients and nursing home residents fell into that category.

Under the proposed regulations, the only people who would be exempt from getting a flu vaccination by Nov. 30 of each year would be those who had a medical reason for avoiding the shot.

All health facilities would have to offer the free shots, and DOH didn’t specify who would pay for them. Most likely, the facilities would.

The facilities also would be responsible for documenting in personnel files all information relating to the vaccination, including the date, dose, manufacturer, lot number, place of vaccination, and any reactions to the shot. By May 1 each year, the health care industry would report to DOH the number of people vaccinated by profession.
Tramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:13 AM   #9
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,564
Default Re: The Possibility of Mandatory Vaccinations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramik View Post
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...REE/905229982#

Flu shots on tap for health care workers

State authorities are proposing making flu vaccines mandatory for all health care workers in New York state, including anyone who comes in contact with patients.

By Barbara Benson

The state Department of Health is proposing mandatory flu vaccines for all health care workers in the state. The new rule would apply not just to staff, but to anyone who potentially comes into direct contact with patients. That includes contract workers, students and volunteers.

The proposal, which is still in draft form...
I hope health care workers in New York state will take a stand...
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon