Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Alternative Science

Notices

Old 11-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

Default Quantum Reality.

It seems to me that mans search for 'truth' has largely been conducted in an external fashion thus far. We've sought answers from our apparent surroundings.
In my opinion, we are nearing the edge of our ability to discover novelty from "outside" ourselves. Given the volume of 'new' information gathered daily, and its exponential growth rate...one day soon, we will have gained the most precious data to date. That bit of 'knowing' will be the turning point in our evolution as a species.
That 'realization' will consist of this:
"Real Truth" can only be found within.
Everything that our senses detect exists in the dimension of 'mind'. (inside)

On that day...religion and science will merge...and mankind will take the next step forward.
I think this is the thread that binds us...those who have gathered here have felt a shift coming.

real eyes, realize, real lies.
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: Quantum Reality.

'THE world is you and you are the world.'
THE speaker is only a mirror. Where you can see yourself. when you recognize yourself clearly , you can put aside the mirror.'

Krishnamurti

Kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

An instructor at college decided that before we finished his course, he'd introduce us to the topic of quantum physics. He's quite old, has written a few books and he's very wise. Anyway, I'm glad he did introduce us to this topic. We saw a movie called "What the Bleep?" and to me, that kind of got me interested in topics that seem far out of the mainstream (but should be everyday knowledge).

In my journey, I am starting to realize that God and extraterrestrials have a lot more in common and everyday I try to share my thoughts on both with others in hopes that I will spark their imagination and help them break through the self-preservation of believing in god and see the truth before their own eyes like I am starting to.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #4
ENdJOY
Avalon Senior Member

yes, what the bleep and its sequel were very revealing ... I always thought of "quantum" as being what was invisible, but still influencial... I thought what James had to say in his interview about "quantum moments" was pretty profound...he talks about it in Question 3 where he introduces the "quantum pause"...

Quote:
The Quantum Moment is dissecting your day into passages of time. In other words, “moments”, in this definition, are passages of time or events. For example, let’s say you get out of bed in the morning; you are now starting a new passage or quantum moment. Before you move into the new passage, you practice an abbreviated Quantum Pause – one or two breath cycles: in-breath, quantum pause, out-breath, quantum pause. This re-establishes your First Point, grounding your physical-based human instrument in the quantum domain. As you go through the passage of waking up, washing your face, brushing your teeth, etc. you are stepping through passages of time.

The Quantum Moment, as its First Point, perceives that the individual is sovereign and infinite and exists here. Right here. It is not flying about on the soul planes; it is not hidden in the robes of a God or Master; it is not separate from your human instrument; and it does not avoid the human condition. It is, and always will be, right here. As previously said, the quantum moment is a passage of time that feels like a portal is stepped through and you enter a portal of experience different than the previous passage. They can be simple like walking from your car to your workstation at the office – that’s a moment – and the next moment the phone rings and you transition to the new moment of talking with someone.

Your entire life is a series of moments or passages of time, and in each passage you are accompanied by your infinite Self that is seeking one thing on this Earth: Self-realization of itself within the human instrument.

In our world, information and knowledge is dispensed like fire hydrants uncapped, expulsing in every direction. Everyone is telling you the way to truth is this way or that way, and the “way” leads into separation and therefore deception.

While you are in the Quantum Moment, you see the fork in the road is always one of two ways: truth or dishonesty. Truth is the breath of life issuing from the Sovereign Integral. Dishonesty is the Human Mind System parroting the knowledge and information that is ricocheting in every corner of our lives via cell phones, television, books, seminars, movies, podcast, e-papers, websites, newspapers, and human relations.
I am retired...and single...I often do not know or care what day it is...I can look down at the computer's address bar and see the time, but it has no relevance (PS it is 4:44 AM) I eat and sleep when I need too...I shop once a month...I am not depressed or lonely, I am quite content with my independence... I could very easily slip into "timelessness" and live from one quantum moment to the next
ENdJOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:16 PM   #5
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Very interesting topic Rareheart. Thank you for bringing it up

Interview with quantum physicist Amit Goswami on his book : The self aware universe

The current worldview has it that everything is made of matter, and everything can be reduced to the elementary particles of matter, the basic constituents—building blocks—of matter. And cause arises from the interactions of these basic building blocks or elementary particles; elementary particles make atoms, atoms make molecules, molecules make cells, and cells make brain. But all the way, the ultimate cause is always the interactions between the elementary particles. This is the belief—all cause moves from the elementary particles. This is what we call "upward causation." So in this view, what human beings—you and I—think of as our free will does not really exist. It is only an epiphenomenon or secondary phenomenon, secondary to the causal power of matter. And any causal power that we seem to be able to exert on matter is just an illusion. This is the current paradigm.

Now, the opposite view is that everything starts with consciousness.That is, consciousness is the ground of all being. In this view, consciousness imposes "downward causation." In other words, our free will is real. When we act in the world we really are acting with causal power. This view does not deny that matter also has causal potency—it does not deny that there is causal power from elementary particles upward, so there is upward causation—but in addition it insists that there is also downward causation. It shows up in our creativity and acts of free will, or when we make moral decisions. In those occasions we are actually witnessing downward causation by consciousness.

... for many years quantum physics had been giving indications that there are levels of reality other than the material level. How it started happening first was that quantum objects—objects in quantum physics—began to be looked upon as waves of possibility. Now, initially people thought, "Oh, they are just like regular waves." But very soon it was found out that, no, they are not waves in space and time. They cannot be called waves in space and time at all—they have properties which do not jibe with those of ordinary waves. So they began to be recognized as waves in potential, waves of possibility, and the potential was recognized as transcendent, beyond matter somehow.

...All the paradoxes of quantum physics can be solved if we accept consciousness as the ground of being. So that was my unique contribution and, of course, this has paradigm-shifting potential because now we can truly integrate science and spirituality.

Full interview can be read here:
http://twm.co.nz/goswam1.htm

And great videos of him on you tube:
Quantum physics & Consciousness part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s42mrdhKwRA

part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D98KW...eature=related

Part 3:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7LlT...eature=related

Kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:09 AM   #6
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Interesting to read and I have to agree that life is a series of moments and when you learn to accept it as such, it becomes easier to live your life without much fear or without feeling bogged down in something worthless (such as acquiring more wealth).

For me, I feel that I have double lives: one is spent trying to figure out and doing more complex things (for example, studying up on spirituality and building and strengthening relationships with others) the other is for mundane, everyday things (eating, playing video games, etc).
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:40 PM   #7
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

I have been taught that the "Observer" of quantum physics is the Great Self or the Inner Self of spiritual understanding. I found it quite exciting that spiritual learning was being verified by quantum physics.

Cheers

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote