Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Default Gene code mapping for all babies within 10 years!

Gene code mapping 'for all babies within 10 years'
By Mark Prigg
Last updated at 10:07 AM on 09th February 2009
Comments (1) Add to My Stories Every baby could have its genetic code mapped out at birth within 10 years, a process which will predict conditions such as diabetes and heart disease and help prevent them.

Jay Flatley, head of leading genome company Illumina, predicted a revolution in healthcare after the complete DNA read-out for every newborn becomes a technical reality. He said only social and legal issues would delay the process.

But with many people reluctant to have their genome read for fear it could be used against them by employers or insurance companies, the process is expected to raise difficult questions over privacy.

Ethan Hawke in Gattaca: Some fear gene mapping could lead to people's 'defective' genes being used against them like in the science-fiction film.

The plummeting cost of technology has made genome screening for all patients a real prospect. Some services are already available to customers for around £700 with the whole genome mapping-out process costing £70,000

Interesting name of company.
[(Illumina,) based in San Diego, is looking to launch its own cheaper whole-genome service within two years and is already seeking its first customers who are likely to pay between £7,000 to £14,000.

Dr Flatley said: 'The limitations are sociological; when and where people think it can be applied, the concerns people have about misinformation and the background ethics questions.

'I think those are actually going to be the limits that push it out to a 10-year time frame.'
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
Egg
Banned

Default Re: Gene code mapping for all babies within 10 years!

The Nazi's were not defeated in WW2, they just jumped ship to form the European Union and the Industrial Military complex afterr the fighting had slowed down.

Over my dead body are any of my future children being tagged, mapped, scanned, chipped etc.

I will go on a walk about rather than have that happen.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Can you be really sure Egg that your children will not!
Yes we know things today regarding innoculation etc, with the future will come nano technology ( i feel it is here already) but that's another discussion.
But regarding our children unless they are born into an environment where doctors, nurses can not implant, take blood etc how can you be so sure?
This is a worrying future indeed, no matter how much we protect our kids can we really!
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
Egg
Banned

Oh indeed we can protect them. If we don't agree with a countries laws, lobby to change them. Get noisy, get active, get vocal, and start banging the war drum of change.

Or claim asylum in another country where freedoms are respected.

Apathy is killing the west slowly but surely - time soon methinks to step up and start sounding out.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:43 AM   #5
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I would say that the solution is to not have children or to have them in your own home and school them on your own.

I believe this technology could be used for good but there's always a slight chance that it will not be used for a good reason.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:18 AM   #6
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post
The Nazi's were not defeated in WW2, they just jumped ship to form the European Union and the Industrial Military complex afterr the fighting had slowed down.

Over my dead body are any of my future children being tagged, mapped, scanned, chipped etc.

I will go on a walk about rather than have that happen.
They didn't stop at the EU. Try the US also. Jim Marrs' book The Rise of The Fourth Reich spells this all out.

micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #7
brutus35
Avalon Senior Member

I think they are trying to tag those children who already have their 12 strand DNA activated. These kids have telepathic and remote viewing ability and will definitely be an asset to the Military or similar operations. Parents of young kids should view this operation as a matter of very urgent concern..
brutus35 is offline   Reply With Quote