Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Books, Videos, Articles, etc.

Notices

Old 10-16-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Fire in the Sky 1993 - Full Movie -oct 16th 2008

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4I7dv5...x=0&playnext=1 part 1 from 11.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EuajnP...aynext_from=PL part2 (just click autoplay on ufocop's playlist)

A terrifying climax highlights this portrayal of the alleged 1975 alien abduction of logger Travis Walton. Walton and fellow loggers were driving one night when, the story goes, they spotted a mysterious spacecraft hovering over head. When Walton is beamed aboard and declared missing for several days, nobody believes his friends, providing an interesting angle on the story. This element of the film is particularly effective in building up suspense. Where is Walton and what did he experience?
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:31 AM   #2
Tez
Retired Avalon Member

Default Re: Fire in the Sky 1993 - Full Movie -oct 16th 2008

This looks good Antaletriangle,

"Based On The True Story

Six men saw it, one man became a prisoner inside it, but who would believe them?
In 1975,logger Travis Walton (D.B. Sweeney) and his co-workers discovered a hovering UFO.

Walton's pals fled, but Walton was not so fortunate. Whisked aboard the strange craft,he was subjected to a painful, unearthly medical study. 'Fire In The Sky' is the amazing tale of that ordeal...and of the contempt and ridicule endured by his co-workers as they try to explain Walton's mysterious disappearance. (He was found five days later bloodied and bruised.)

James Garner plays an investigator who suspects the story may be a murder cover-up. And Robert Patrick, Craig Sheffer, Peter Berg, Bradley Gregg and Henry Thomas join Sweeney in the roles of the men staggered by an event they would have thought impossible if it hadn't happened to them...and encounter with a UFO."

Thankyou,
Tez

Last edited by Tez; 10-17-2008 at 04:47 AM.
Tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #3
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't read the book but I hear that the movie and the book are different, with some of the scary stuff in the movie being hollywood fabrications. Has anyone here seen the movie AND read the book and would you be so kind as to discuss the differences?
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
Metaphor
Avalon Senior Member

I reviewed it. I saw it when it was pretty new. Im no expert in aliens, but I dont recognise the alien design from any of the sources I have.
I think the movie concentrates to little on the abduction itself. The rest of the movie is rather boring.
I also think its scare tactics from TPTB, though I do not belive all aliens to be benevolent. On the contrary; the majority of face to face contact seems to display the most aliens are malevolent and robotic, wich suggests they are biological robots.
Metaphor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #5
manticore
Avalon Senior Member

I saw the movie years ago and liked it. However, I have heard Travis Walton say on numerous occasions he was VERY disappointed with most of it. Apparently, the producers changed most of the story to fit the Hollywood standard. So no, it's very different than what Walton allegedly went through.
manticore is offline   Reply With Quote