Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Default Check your email!

The one you provided on Avalon registry. And check your junk mail, my invite to PA2 was there . Yes, I talked to my email box; "Hey! you there, its no junk! Its an invitation to a great forum! It will be great because we will make it great...

And I thought my invite would come by the pm from Avalon Forum .

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:11 AM   #2
tacodog
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Check your email!

I checked my mail, even my junk mail. I didn't see one. Perhaps I didn't post enough, said the wrong things when I did, or maybe I didn't rant enough or love enough. I don't know. But that is OK. I like Avalon, been around since it started, I'll stay here and go down with her if it is to be. Jester you ROCK! YOUR EYES ARE WIDE OPEN.
tacodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

It's a slow process - don't be offended.
There's a thread to ask for an invite.

I'll go fetch a link and be right back with an edit.
[Edit: Oops forgot to come back with the link - posting a request is this thread will work also.]

Last edited by Karen; 03-17-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Hello folks,

checking it wont make the email appear, I have asked this already in lots of ways but....

Why do I have to ask for an invitation? Isnt an invitation offered?

Karen I am hoping at least you will have the decency to answer me.

Thanks everyone
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
Boober
Avalon Senior Member

See what I am saying.
Boober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
It's a slow process - don't be offended.
There's a thread to ask for an invite.

I'll go fetch a link and be right back with an edit.
You know what - I messed up and forgot to come back here with the link.
So this is a good thread to ask for an invite if you want one.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Why do I have to ask Karen, when people who joined a month ago, dont have to?

Its a straighforward question, Im not trying to cause decent of any kind, quite the opposite, you know a thread is coming where people are going to ask, who has been asked and who hasnt?

wouldnt you want to get in front of that?

Thanks for everything karen
Old 03-17-2010, 10:20 AM   #8
Hypnotize
Avalon Senior Member

so avalon 2 is invite only? interesting.
Hypnotize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #9
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Hello folks,

checking it wont make the email appear, I have asked this already in lots of ways but....

Why do I have to ask for an invitation? Isnt an invitation offered?

Karen I am hoping at least you will have the decency to answer me.

Thanks everyone
I'm not spending much time here Harper - I am totally burned out.
I quit as moderator. I'm just helping still to sort out a few things.
I'm real annoyed at this information black out and I haven't been in the info loop much since I quit, but I'm thinking I'm going to be finding some answers.
I think Ross said it best and most concisely:
"There will be only a very small few who wont make the invite list due to persistent un-constructive behaviour. "

With 7000 people to sort through - if you want to get into AV2 faster, ask for an invite.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #10
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

My heart or my gut, don't know which - won't ask.

There is something funny about offering your permission in such a way.

Its not a problem for me though Karen, I hope you will find a place where the people suit you, as the song goes

"....goin somewhere where the weather suits my clothes..."

Best of all my heart felt wishes to you.

h
Old 03-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #11
john-d
Avalon Senior Member

thanks for the advice Steven , i would'nt have noticed it there .

John
john-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #12
Wood
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
My heart or my gut, don't know which - won't ask.
I think we all asked for a registration on this forum at some point or another. I don't see how asking for an invitation on the new forum is a different thing. You'll probably get one anyway (unless you have been persistently disruptive). It is just a matter of time, of getting it earlier. If they plan to go through 7000 members, one by one, it will take time.

Or maybe most of these 7000 members do not post at all and they really do not want to be registered. This way you can see all this as a 'membership expiration due to lack of real interest'.

The more I think about this PA2 thing the more I like it. I defend free speech, but the internet is free. Anyone can open a forum or a blog. I was attracted by Project Camelot as a source of information filtered by someone (Bill & Kerry) that I decided to give my attention to. The problem with allowing in the same place many different views (i.e. the Thuban thread) is that the filtering process is lost. I am sure I can read about that Thuban material elsewhere if I want to. It is all about coherent channels of information, and what is considered signal (information) and what is noise (disinformation) by someone.

I am happy to have a new forum with a more focused content. This doesn't mean I won't check other places as well. It means I'll know more clearly what I'll find here. And anyway this doesn't mean it will have too much censorship, just a bit more than the current forum.

All this are my personal views though. I do not know what are the long term plans for the new forum (or any plan at all).

Last edited by Wood; 03-17-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #13
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

hello Wood, is that the equaliser in your avatar? I loved that show when i was younger,

Just to answer your question, it depends what you or I or the big 'them' would describe as disruptive, if its asking questions, then yes, I have taken the apple cart and sent it careening of a cliff. But just by the virtue of being here no one here has the answers or sometimes even the right questions so questions are fine by me.

If you knew it all or had it all figured out, you would disappear - quite simply, nothing more here for you. And I totally disagree with the idea that some people are sent to help; thats the other side of the victim coin.

Doctors need patients; priests need sinners; dentists LOVE cavities and 'enlightened white hats' or whatever need followers.

To stay on topic of the forum, ask yourself why you are running to the hills, whats up there that can save you that isn't right in front of you today - wherever you are.

Look at all those poor tibetans up in the highest hills in the world -- do they have the answers...........doesn't seem so.

Take care and fare well my friend
Old 03-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #14
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

PS when i say you its You plural, all of us not anyone personally.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #15
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Steven,
I have received no such thing!!! I have said I am not going to AVALON 2 yet and it has been stated now on several thread!!! Yet still we have no answers as to what happened...what is happening...or what is planned to happen!!!

so maybe your just gonna move on with out me. Ah well it is what it is!

I do not need an invitation to my own island!!!

However since I don't OWN the forum I can not be a member with out some authority moderation or site owner sending me an invitation!!!

And I still do not know who is driving the ship!!!

Perhaps the jesters energy is too much for this forum!!!

hmmmmm....Guess we shall see where this all leads!!!

Lets HOPE FOR SOME MAGIC!!!

Peace JT!
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #16
Berob24
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Karen,

I would like an invitation please.

Thanks,

Beth
Berob24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #17
Wood
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
hello Wood, is that the equaliser in your avatar? I loved that show when i was younger,
I've taken it from an old russian movie, 'stalker'.

Quote:
Just to answer your question, it depends what you or I or the big 'them' would describe as disruptive, if its asking questions, then yes, I have taken the apple cart and sent it careening of a cliff.
I do not think asking questions is bad per se. By "disruptive behavior" I mean people which just adds noise. It is a way to dilute the information available.

Quote:
Doctors need patients; priests need sinners; dentists LOVE cavities and 'enlightened white hats' or whatever need followers.
I think most of the people here are not following anyone. We are all intelligent enough to be able to get information and make up our own minds. And we all are probably checking other sources as well. I am talking about having a more focused source of information. Having an stronger 'flavour' is a good analogy. It doesn't mean there is only one right 'flavour'. That's up to each of us to decide. There are other places where other 'flavours' can be tasted.

Quote:
Look at all those poor tibetans up in the highest hills in the world -- do they have the answers...........doesn't seem so.
That is a point. My point is that I would like to not find a McDonalds when I visit the Tibet. It would kind of ruin the mood. When (if) I feel the need to get a McMenu(tm) I can just go to the nearest mall. And I am not making a point only about quality but mainly about focus. I do not expect 'poor tibetans' to know it all, but to offer their knowledge their way.

EDIT: Anyway, we are going off-topic on this thread

Last edited by Wood; 03-17-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #18
3optic
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Tibetans always seem to get dragged into conversations like this! :P

I realize this is poetry but just to ruin the fun I'd like to analyze this stereotype for a second.

Poor Tibetans In what sense? Are we talking monetarily or as in "I feel sorry for those poor Tibetans"

up in the highest hills in the world True they are the highest hills. But are you talking about the monks who are actually not in Tibet anymore or poor Tibetans?

do they have the answers What was the question again? Tibetan Buddhism may offer many things but anyone with a cursory knowledge knows it does not offer "answers"
3optic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #19
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

3optic,

You may have to be patient with variants of the english language, being from Ireland, firstly I have nothing against poor people heheheh

And anyone who has a bad day in our patois is referred to as poor, 'oh you poor thing', 'Oh the poor child' , and ' oh you poor b@stard', if for example you lost your job - say.

When I said the poor tibetans you will now know what I mean, what with being anilated as a people en all....

However the question was 'If karma exists, why do tibetans have such seemingly sucky Karma'

Would love a comment, if you fancy

Sorry this was in my head at the time
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21068

Thanks

Last edited by Harper; 03-17-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #20
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTerrestrial View Post
Hi Steven,
I have received no such thing!!! I have said I am not going to AVALON 2 yet and it has been stated now on several thread!!! Yet still we have no answers as to what happened...what is happening...or what is planned to happen!!!

so maybe your just gonna move on with out me. Ah well it is what it is!

I do not need an invitation to my own island!!!

However since I don't OWN the forum I can not be a member with out some authority moderation or site owner sending me an invitation!!!

And I still do not know who is driving the ship!!!

Perhaps the jesters energy is too much for this forum!!!

hmmmmm....Guess we shall see where this all leads!!!

Lets HOPE FOR SOME MAGIC!!!

Peace JT!
Hey Jester! You are free! But you know what, there is a Jester in PA2 smillies!

Take care brother, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #21
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

I would like an invitation as well.

Thanks!
PilotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:07 PM   #22
3optic
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
3optic,

You may have to be patient with variants of the english language, being from Ireland, firstly I have nothing against poor people heheheh

And anyone who has a bad day in our patois is referred to as poor, 'oh you poor thing', 'Oh the poor child' , and ' oh you poor b@stard', if for example you lost your job - say.

When I said the poor tibetans you will now know what I mean, what with being anilated as a people en all....

However the question was 'If karma exists, why do tibetans have such seemingly sucky Karma'

Would love a comment, if you fancy

Sorry this was in my head at the time
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21068

Thanks

I hope you don't think I accused you of hating poor people! Just trying to draw you out. Heheh.

The Tibetans haven't been annihilate so much as absorbed by the PRC. Tibetan Buddhism has been suppressed there and the country's religious/ political leaders were imprisoned, tortured or escaped to India blah, blah..

The whole question about karma seems to be coming from a place of healthy skepticism probably developed by the close observation of the Catholic church in your country (guessing?)

Buddhism makes little effort to solicit peoples faith or convert their belief system (if taught correctly imo). Concepts such as the law of karma or non-attachment practices are meant as guides not dogma. I spend little time investigating the law of karma and how it pertains to others. As a law of cause and effect in my own life I find it helpful.

In answer to your question.. hmmm. Maybe it's karmic payback for the the primitive, some say barbaric dictatorship that was in place before the Chinese took over. The Dalai Lama has remarked on this. (see response to Dalai Lama critique)

I think that's too easy though. These karmic laws are pretty complex and span lifetimes. Who knows?
3optic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #23
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

"I hope you don't think I accused you of hating poor people! Just trying to draw you out. Heheh."

Well I think if you were honest, you were up for a barney (look it up)

Anyway, the irish werent anilated either, their language and religion and gathering together was outlawed, but they were fine afterwards, no worries....

The africans of practically any country weren't ruined either, they were just left with the dust that was their country, the aborigonies, nor the native americans, nor the... pick a feckin country of your choice......they were absolutely fine afterwards -- and werent they better really when we think about it, arent they much better now that they are 'civilised' arent we all better knowing that we all eat the same white bread --- much much safer for everyone

Sugarplum, nothing is too easy unless you are without wonder as to how is all happened without our say so

Having said that who is to say, Im speaking english and on this forum... otherwise I could be speaking one o them foreign languages, the ones that make you wonder....