Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #26
Perplex
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Daily Solar Status and how to protect oneself

Thank you for your enlightenment, GaiaLove .
You might be perfectly right, and I must admit I never considered that option.
It seems sometimes, we tend to complicate things and forget that they might be so much simpler!
Perplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #27
celticstar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaLove View Post
Hi Carol

Great idea for a thread.
Here's something i made to bring all the Solar information i want to see daily into one neat package.
Hope some will find it as useful as i do.
http://2012info.ca/EarthWatch/Solar_Observatory.php

Peace!
Awesome link GaiaLove! (I really like having all my pertinent links on one page too.) Woo-hoo!!
celticstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #28
WiNaDeYo
Avalon Senior Member

The latest from http://spaceweather.com/ :

Quote:
ONOSPHERIC DISTURBANCE: Yesterday's M2-class solar flare bathed Earth's upper atmosphere in X-rays and caused a wave of ionization to sweep over Europe. This actually improved the propagation of low-frequency radio signals, which use the ionosphere as a reflector to skip over the horizon. A SID monitor operated by Rudolf Slosiar in Bojnice, Slovakia, recorded the surge in signal strength:

(see graph)

"SID" stands for Sudden Ionospheric Disturbance, and a "SID monitor" is a radio receiver that monitors ~20 kHz signals from distant transmitters. "My system clearly detected the effects of the solar flare," says Slosiar. "The decay of the signal shows that it took about 72 minutes for the ionosphere to recombine [and relax to its pre-flare state]."

With solar activity on the rise, sudden ionospheric disturbances will become more common. Interested? Stanford University tells you how to build your own SID monitor.

More SIDS: from Roberto Battaiola of Pantigliate, Milano, Italy;

Here's the link to the Stanford SID site: (http://solar-center.stanford.edu/SID/sidmonitor/)
It might be a good thing to have on hand, no?

Peace and Good Will!
WiNaDeYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #29
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Carol...

How about geothermal energy? Is that an option for you? I don't know much about it, but I want to start looking into it. After all , systems that rely on electricity (batteries) are not really sustainable, are they?

I found this statement :

In the United States, most geothermal reservoirs of hot water are located in the western states, Alaska, and Hawaii.

So you should be ok for hot water !

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:14 AM   #30
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulapops View Post
Hi Carol...

How about geothermal energy? Is that an option for you? I don't know much about it, but I want to start looking into it. After all , systems that rely on electricity (batteries) are not really sustainable, are they?

I found this statement :

In the United States, most geothermal reservoirs of hot water are located in the western states, Alaska, and Hawaii.

So you should be ok for hot water !

K

We now have solar hot water and with it being cool and rainy I've had more cool showers then hot. We have to turn on the electric to get the water hot. Thermal.. as in volcano?
Old 01-23-2010, 05:10 PM   #31
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Yesterday we all woke up after a good night's sleep and were complaining how tired we all felt. This included our 13 year old as well. All of us were just dragging. So I thought... hmmm, solar flare as this is how I tend to feel when a flare happens.

Take a look at the report from yesterday.

LARGEST FLARE IN TWO YEARS (JANUARY 22, 2010)

STEREO (Behind) was in position to observe an M-class (moderate) solar flare (Jan. 17, 2010), the largest one detected for more than two years. It was accompanied by a coronal mass ejection (CME), seen as the large cloud of particles surrounding the bright flash as well as a wave of material spreading part way across the Sun. Solar activity level has been slumbering rather quietly, but this substantial active region has shown plenty of signs of life. Besides that flare, several other, smaller flares can be seen in the video (about 30 hours). The brightness of the flares causes the light to spread along pixel rows of the detector, its tell tale signature.

Is this the beginning of the sun's increased activity?

All I can add is that the body knows.

Last edited by Carol; 01-23-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #32
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

I would like to recommend this book for those who want an understanding of what can happen to one's community and at an individual level when an EMP is triggered by men or even the sun.

I purchased my copy second-hand but suspect the library has copies as well.

One Second After by William Forstchen
http://www.amazon.com/One-Second-Aft...4447662&sr=8-1
Old 02-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #33
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

http://spaceweather.com/

February 2, 2010

EXPLOSION ON THE SUN: Coronagraphs onboard the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) have just observed a bright double-ringed coronal mass ejection (CME) billowing over the sun's western limb. At present, the source of the blast is unknown. Watch the movie and stay tuned for updates.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:43 AM   #34
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Coronagraphs onboard the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) have just observed a bright double-ringed coronal mass ejection (CME) billowing over the sun's western limb. At present, the source of the blast is unknown Watch the movie and stay tuned for updates.

www.spaceweather.com
Old 02-09-2010, 03:37 AM   #35
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

SLIDING PLASMA AND A CME (FEBRUARY 5, 2010)

The STEREO (Behind) spacecraft could see streams of plasma sliding along magnetic field lines above a sputtering active region (Jan. 26-29, 2010). The dynamic streams were just over the Sun's edge and readily spotted as the Sun rotated them more into view. Then it gets more interesting. About mid-way through the clip, a small coronal mass ejection (CME) shoots out and into space at about a million miles per hour, carrying some magnetic field with it. Most CMEs are more bulbous and wide: this one is quite narrow and contained. Nonetheless, our solar scientists agree that its speed and characteristics suggest that it was indeed a non-typical CME.

http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/pickoftheweek/
Old 02-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #36
Chamber
Banned

No one made a mistake when they put the Sun in the sky.

Just sayin'.
Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #37
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Indeed Chmber, no one made any mistakes.

Solar radiation warning:mainstream
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...ists-warn.html

Stronger radiation from the Sun 'will cause sat-navs to fail', scientists warn

Britain’s satellite navigation networks could soon experience problems and disruptions caused by higher levels of radiation coming from the Sun, scientists warn.

By Andrew Hough
Published: 1:00PM GMT 10 Feb 2010

Experts say solar flares interfere with signals from satellites orbiting the earth, causing receivers to lose track of their position.

Scientists warn the Sun is now on its way to another "solar maximum", which will cause the stronger levels of radiation to hit the earth.

Researchers said satnav devices were facing the threat from an expected increase in solar flares from the Sun that could cause unpredictable errors in navigation.

Experts said the bursts of radiation caused by the flares interfere with signals from satellites orbiting the earth, causing receivers to fail and lose track of their position.

Now British scientists say the Sun is on its way to another “solar maximum”, which will cause the stronger levels of radiation to hit the earth.

It is feared this will cause satnav receivers to be blinded for minutes at a time and could result in drivers becoming lost or involved in accidents.

It could also cause problems to emergency services, high-precision surveying, shipping and even military operations, they added.

Prof Cathryn Mitchell, from the University of Bath, said while the sun’s affects on navigation were difficult to project, the errors could last hours or even days. “It varies quite a lot across the Earth; looking at the UK it will be about 10-metre errors in the positioning,” Prof Mitchell told the BBC.

A study in 2008 found the natural light shows of the Northern Lights – or Aurora Borealis – interfere with the signals from global positioning satellites, which are used by Sat-Navs to pinpoint the locations of vehicles, boats and aircraft.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #38
Marcus Sparacio
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Carol, I see you were one of Ben Murphy's friends I saw what most of the people put on that why is Kinsue banned, the answer is no real reason as I posted on the Question to Bill, I have proof of Heather, proof of Bens info as I go back a good four years with the cat, so go take a look. Excuse my bad language mam.

For the rest they can say do whatever, I just had to bring it to light.

Marco
Marcus Sparacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #39
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Daily Solar Status and how to protect oneself

Quote:
Originally Posted by feardia View Post
I think the cme's are waves from the sun coming for us, to reprogram our dna. I'll be out dancing in them, can't wait for the big one from Hunab Ku and the three days of darkness.
Yep - Me too. In fact when the Killshot as They like to call it is Incoming - I'll be right out there on a Lawn Chair - Cold Drink in Hand - Soaking it up - Stepping foward into My own Divinity...

You have it Feardia - It is for All Sentient Beings of Earth/Terra so as to help Them raise Their Frequency and achieve Escape Velocity as the Magnetics decay.

Its just - How many will realize It in time...

Mercuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #40
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Thank you for the update Marcus. Much appreciated. I always liked Ben's posts and was sorry the situation took the turn that it did.

New solar data forthcoming:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/space/0...ex.html?hpt=T2

Last edited by Carol; 02-11-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:13 AM   #41
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...ormwarning.htm

This is an older solar storm warning from NASA but some questionable insiders are pulling this url up and passing it around.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...d/1432901.aspx
Space station at risk after US satellite destroyed
WASHINGTON
13 Feb, 2009 01:00 AM

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap100203.html
Astronomy pic UFO P-2010 A2-Ovni en el Space
~ all this stuff behind the artifact isn't dust. Michu Kako says they don't have a clue as to what this is? Possible ~ the collision of two astroids in space. He is also the person who warned about the solar flare 2012. However this may also be about the potential of somthing hitting the sun.

Just discovered 01/06/2010

"what Hubble saw indicates that P/2010 A2 is unlike any object ever seen before

The key here is to learn how not to rely on electricity or get extra microwave ovens (old ones that are broken will work) to use as a faraday cage and make sure they are grounded. Store communication systems in them like walkie talkies, batteries, solar recharging system, hand held ham radio, old fashioned ringer phone, flash drives, laptop and charging units - think what you will need. I have the entire mother earth series on DVD. Stuff that is important that one can use would need to protected.

Gamma Ray Bursts. EMP?

In part:
"In scientific circles where solar flares, magnetic storms and other unique solar events are discussed, the occurrences of September 1-2, 1859, are the star stuff of legend. Even 144 years ago, many of Earth's inhabitants realized something momentous had just occurred. Within hours, telegraph wires in both the United States and Europe spontaneously shorted out, causing numerous fires, while the Northern Lights, solar-induced phenomena more closely associated with regions near Earth's North Pole, were documented as far south as Rome, Havana and Hawaii, with similar effects at the South Pole."

More interesting (and more recent) from the same article:

"In March 1989, a solar storm much less intense than the perfect space storm of 1859 caused the Hydro-Quebec (Canada) power grid to go down for over nine hours, and the resulting damages and loss in revenue were estimated to be in the hundreds of millions of dollars."

Nasa cam pick of the week. Today 3/5/10

Google Cronal Mass Ejection (2010.02.28) (HD) youtube

Long scorned as “mysticism” and “parascience,” concern about the year 2012 has now surfaced in a mainstream NASA report on the potential impacts on human society of solar flares anticipated to peak in 2012.

The Obama administration and other national governments are not aggressively focused on contingency preparations for the 2012 solar flare impacts, or on introducing available anti-gravitic, new energy sources that would transform centralized high-power electrical grid systems into de-centralized, anti-gravitic and quantum process energy sources.

These new energy sources are less vulnerable to destructive solar storms, have no negative environmental impact, and could unleash unprecedented economic and social transformation.

Electrical grids & anticipated solar flares of 2012

Mainstream scientific concern about 2012 has grown since a recent National Research Council report funded by NASA and issued by the National Academy of Sciences, entitled “Severe Space Weather Events - Understanding Economic and Societal Impact” which details the potential devastation of 2012 solar storms on the current planetary energy grid and because of the inter-linkages of a cybernetic society, on our entire human civilization.

According to New Scientist, science’s concern is a repetition of the 8-day 1859 “Carrington event,” a large solar flare accompanied by a coronal mass ejection (CME) that flung billions of tons of solar plasma onto the earth’s magnetosphere and disrupted Victorian-era magnetometers and the world telegraph system.

The New Scientist states,
“The report outlines the worst case scenario for the US. The ‘perfect storm’ is most likely on a spring or autumn night in a year of heightened solar activity - something like 2012. Around the equinoxes, the orientation of the Earth's field to the sun makes us particularly vulnerable to a plasma strike.”
The next solar maximum is expected to occur in 2012.

New Scientist reports that Mike Hapgood, head of the European Space Agency's space weather team states,
"We're in the equivalent of an idyllic summer's day. The sun is quiet and benign, the quietest it has been for 100 years," "but it could turn the other way."
The modern electrical high-power grid magnifies the impact of solar flares. Since the grid is linked into major aspects of modern society, the effects of another Carrington event would be devastating.

The National Academy of Sciences report states:
“A severe space weather event in the US could induce ground currents that would knock out 300 key transformers within about 90 seconds, cutting off the power for more than 130 million people.”
The New Scientist states:
“According to the NAS report, the impact of what it terms a "severe geomagnetic storm scenario" could be as high as $2 trillion. And that's just the first year after the storm. The NAS puts the recovery time at four to 10 years. It is questionable whether the US would ever bounce back.”
China, which is installing a high-power electrical grid more vulnerable than that of the U.S., Europe and other developed nations will be similarly impacted.

The solar coronal mass ejection from the 1859 Carrington event arrived on earth in less than 15 minutes, which is faster that our early warning system NASA's Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE) can detect.

European Space Agency space weather head Mike Hapgood states,
"I don't think the NAS report is scaremongering. “Scientists are conservative by nature and this group is really thoughtful," he says. "This is a fair and balanced report."

More perfect storm - the hole in the earth’s magnetic field

According to a December 16, 2008 report, NASA’s THEMIS spacecraft has discovered a hole in earth’s magnetic field which is 10 times as large as previously thought. The magnetosphere, which is designed to protect earth from the plasma of solar flares, now has a hole in it four time the size of the earth.

According to the NASA report,
“Northern IMF events don't actually trigger geomagnetic storms but they do set the stage for storms by loading the magnetosphere with plasma. A loaded magnetosphere is primed for auroras, power outages, and other disturbances that can result when, say, a CME (coronal mass ejection) hits.”
The solar maximum is expected in 2012.

University of New Hampshire scientist Jimmy Raeder states,
"We're entering Solar Cycle 24. For reasons not fully understood, CMEs in even-numbered solar cycles (like 24) tend to hit Earth with a leading edge that is magnetized north. Such a CME should open a breach and load the magnetosphere with plasma just before the storm gets underway. It's the perfect sequence for a really big event."

The Obama administration, 2012 and new energy

The Obama administration and most modern governmental energy departments in the 192 U.N. member nations have focused on reducing dependence on conventional energy grids (petroleum, coal or nuclear power) by introducing renewable energy sources such as wind, geo-thermal, and tidal power.

These alternative sources are thought to supply about 10% of current energy needs.

For example, the Obama policy with regard to the electrical energy grid is stated its official energy and the environment agenda on the White House website:
“Ensure 10 percent of our electricity comes from renewable sources by 2012, and 25 percent by 2025.”
This policy, which replicates energy grid policy in many advanced industrialized nations, is not adequate for the challenges of 2012 solar flares.

The policy does not promote new fuel-less non-polluting energy sources now sequestered in secret, national security and black budget projects, and which have been developed using U.S. tax-payer funds. These included reported anti-gravitic technology and free energy technologies, based on Tesla technology.

So here is a key question: Is human society being set up to fail and suffer an effective systems collapse with great loss of life and property if 2012 solar flares materialize in the worst case scenario?

Image of areas of North America affected by 2012 solar flares:

The good news: 2012 galactic alignment...
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_2012_53.htm
Old 03-06-2010, 04:34 AM   #42
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Part Two
2012-13
NOAA predicts solar cycle 24 ”weakest since 1928” with $1 trillion damages in worst case
May 9, 2009

NASA Hathaway
Solar cycles 23-24 (1995-2020)

In a report funded by NASA, NOAA (U.S. National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration) has issued a formal, public prediction that,
“A new active period of Earth-threatening solar storms will be the weakest since 1928 and its peak is still four years away, after a slow start last December, predicts an international panel of experts led by NOAA's Space Weather Prediction Center. Even so, Earth could get hit by a devastating solar storm at any time, with potential damages from the most severe level of storm exceeding $1 trillion.”
The prediction, published in a report at www.spaceweather.com, continues:
“The panel predicts the upcoming Solar Cycle 24 will peak in May 2013 with a daily sunspot number of 90. If the prediction proves true, Solar Cycle 24 will be the weakest cycle since number 16, which peaked at 78 daily sunspots in 1928, and ninth weakest since the 1750s, when numbered cycles began.”
The NOAA solar panel’s predictions appear to lessen the potential risk to the high energy electrical grid system of 2012-13 Solar flares set out in a Jan. 2009 National Academy of Sciences (NAS) report.

According to a New Scientist article on the NAS report,
“The [Jan. 2009] NAS report outlines the worst case scenario for the US. The ‘perfect storm’ is most likely on a spring or autumn night in a year of heightened solar activity - something like 2012. Around the equinoxes, the orientation of the Earth's field to the sun makes us particularly vulnerable to a plasma strike.”

The 2012-13 solar maximum

The NOAA panel has conditionally predicted the 3rd calmest solar cycle since 1755.

The report on its findings states,
“The panel also predicted that the lowest sunspot number between cycles—or solar minimum—occurred in December 2008, marking the end of Cycle 23 and the start of Cycle 24. If the December prediction holds up, at 12 years and seven months Solar Cycle 23 will be the longest since 1823 and the third longest since 1755. Solar cycles span 11 years on average, from minimum to minimum.

“An unusually long, deep lull in sunspots led the panel to revise its 2007 prediction that the next cycle of solar storms would start in March 2008 and peak in late 2011 or mid-2012. The persistence of a quiet sun since the last prediction has led the panel to a consensus that the next cycle will be ‘moderately weak’.”

2012-13 solar flares & the high energy electrical grid

Still, the report on NOAA’s solar prediction panel refers to the Jan 2009 NAS report's risk assessment, stating:
“A recent report by the National Academy of Sciences found that if a storm that severe occurred today, it could cause $1-2 trillion in damages the first year and require four to ten years for recovery, compared to $80-125 billion that resulted from Hurricane Katrina.”

Solar force multiplier - the hole in the earth’s magnetic field

The revised NOAA solar prediction does not lessen the force multiplier effect that large holes discovered in the earth’s magnetosphere may have of the destructive effect of plasma from 2012-13 solar flares.

An April 1, 2009 article (above report) on the risk of 2012 solar flares stated,
“According to a December 16, 2008 report, NASA’s THEMIS spacecraft has discovered a hole in earth’s magnetic field which is 10 times as large as previously thought. The magnetosphere, which is designed to protect earth from the plasma of solar flares, now has a hole in it four time the size of the earth.

“According to the NASA report, ‘Northern IMF events don't actually trigger geomagnetic storms but they do set the stage for storms by loading the magnetosphere with plasma. A loaded magnetosphere is primed for auroras, power outages, and other disturbances that can result when, say, a CME (coronal mass ejection) hits.’

“The solar maximum is expected in 2012. University of New Hampshire scientist Jimmy Raeder states, ‘We're entering Solar Cycle 24. For reasons not fully understood, CMEs in even-numbered solar cycles (like 24) tend to hit Earth with a leading edge that is magnetized north. Such a CME should open a breach and load the magnetosphere with plasma just before the storm gets underway. It's the perfect sequence for a really big event.’”

The Obama administration, solar cycle 24 and new energy

Though lessening the risk of probability of solar storms in solar cycle 24 (2009-2020), the conclusions of the April 1, 2009 Examiner.com article as to the vulnerability of the high-power electrical grid system still stand.
“The Obama administration and most modern governmental energy departments in the 192 U.N. member nations have focused on reducing dependence on conventional energy grids (petroleum, coal or nuclear power) by introducing renewable energy sources such as wind, geo-thermal, and tidal power. These alternative sources are thought to supply about 10% of current energy needs.

For example, the Obama policy with regard to the electrical energy grid is stated its official energy and the environment agenda on the White House website:
‘Ensure 10 percent of our electricity comes from renewable sources by 2012, and 25 percent by 2025.’
“This policy, which replicates energy grid policy in many advanced industrialized nations, is not adequate for the challenges of 2012 solar flares.

The policy does not promote new fuel-less non-polluting energy sources now sequestered in secret, national security and black budget projects, and which have been developed using U.S. tax-payer funds. These included reported anti-gravitic technology and free energy technologies, based on Tesla technology.

“So here is a key question:
Is human society being set up to fail and suffer an effective systems collapse with great loss of life and property if 2012-13 solar flares materialize in the worst case scenario?”

MORE INFORMATION ON SOLAR CYCLE 24
NASA: Deep solar minimum (2009) - [link to science.nasa.gov]
NASA: The surprising shape of solar storms (croissant-shaped) - [link to science.nasa.gov]

Do we know if this is the accurate projected date?

Oct 28, 2011

This was an article from NASA about the CME a few days ago:

STEREO (Ahead) watched as a strong coronal mass ejection (CME) and an eruptive prominence rose up and stretched way out above the Sun's surface (Feb. 28, 2010). The composite image and movie show the action in both extreme UV wavelength (orange Sun) near and just above the solar surface overlaid on the frames from STEREO COR1 coronagraph that shows the material as it rises out into the corona. The video clip shows about 8 hours of activity. This is one of the brightest and most substantial CMEs we have seen in several years. And the presence of such bright prominence material in COR1 is very rare and has only been seen twice before.

This looks interesting.

http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2...lHill2009.html

http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

Cosmic Ray Chart 1990 - 2011
Old 03-06-2010, 04:38 AM   #43
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

http://www.viewzone.com/milkyway.html

Scientists Now Know: We're Not From Here!

Share This Site Summary & comments by Dan Eden for Viewzone

Imagine the shock of growing up in a loving family with people you call "Mum" and "Dad" and then, suddenly, learning that you are actually adopted!

This same sense of shock came as scientists announced that the Sun, the Moon, our planet and its siblings, were not born into the familiar band of stars known as the Milky Way galaxy, but we actually belong to a strange formation with the unfamiliar name of the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy!

How can this be?

Using volumes of data from the Two-Micron All Sky Survey (2MASS), a major project to survey the sky in infrared light led by the University of Massachusetts, the astronomers are answering questions that have baffled scientists for decades and proving that our own Milky Way is consuming one of its neighbors in a dramatic display of ongoing galactic cannibalism. The study published in the Astrophysical Journal, is the first to map the full extent of the Sagittarius galaxy and show in visually vivid detail how its debris wraps around and passes through our Milky Way. Sagittarius is 10,000 times smaller in mass than the Milky Way, so it is getting stretched out, torn apart and gobbled up by the bigger Milky Way.

A new infra red digital survey of the entire sky was made in 2003. Teams from the universities of Virginia and Massachusetts used a supercomputer to sort through half a billion stars to create a -- NEW STAR MAP showing our Solar System (yellow circle) to be at the exact nexus crossroads where two galaxies are actually joining.

"It's clear who's the bully in the interaction," said Steven Majewski, U.Va. professor of astronomy and lead author on the paper describing the results.

"If people had infrared-sensitive eyes, the entrails of Sagittarius would be a prominent fixture sweeping across our sky," Majewski said. "But at human, visual wavelengths, they become buried among countless intervening stars and obscuring dust. The great expanse of the Sagittarius system has been hidden from view."

Not any more. By using infrared maps, the astronomers filtered away millions of foreground stars to focus on a type of star called an M giant. These large, infrared-bright stars are populous in the Sagittarius galaxy but uncommon in the outer Milky Way. The 2MASS infrared map of M giant stars analyzed by Majewski and collaborators is the first to give a complete view of the Milky Way galaxy's meal of Sagittarius stars, now wrapping like a spaghetti noodle around the Milky Way. Prior to this work, astronomers had detected only a few scattered pieces of the disrupted Sagittarius dwarf. Even the existence of Sagittarius was unknown until the heart of this nearest satellite galaxy of the Milky Way was discovered by a British team of astronomers in 1994.

Here's an animation of the "marriage".

The fact that the Milky Way is seen in the sky at an angle has always puzzled astronomers. If we originated from the Milky Way, we ought to be oriented to the galaxy's ecliptic, with the planets aligned around our Sun in much the same angle as our Sun aligns with the Milky Way. Instead, as first suggested by researcher Matthew Perkins Erwin, the odd angle suggests that our Sun is influenced by some other system. Together with data from the Two-Micron All Sky Survey we now know what it is. We actually belong to the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy.

"We sifted several thousand interesting stars from a catalog of half a billion," said co-author Michael Skrutskie, U.Va. professor of astronomy and principal investigator for the 2MASS project. "By tuning our maps of the sky to the 'right' kind of star, the Sagittarius system jumped into view."

We are from another galaxy in the process of joining with the Milky Way. The Milky Way is actually not our parent galaxy. The mystery of why the Milky Way has always been sideways in the night sky has never been answered -- until now.

"This first full-sky map of Sagittarius shows its extensive interaction with the Milky Way," Majewski said. "Both stars and star clusters now in the outer parts of the Milky Way have been 'stolen' from Sagittarius as the gravitational forces of the Milky Way nibbled away at its dwarf companion. This one vivid example shows that the Milky Way grows by eating its smaller neighbors."

The study's map of M giants depicts 2 billion years of Sagittarius stripping by the Milky Way, and suggests that Sagittarius has reached a critical phase in what had been a slow dance of death.

"After slow, continuous gnawing by the Milky Way, Sagittarius has been whittled down to the point that it cannot hold itself together much longer," said 2MASS Science Team member and study co-author Martin Weinberg of the University of Massachusetts. "We are seeing Sagittarius at the very end of its life as an intact system."

Does this mean we are at a unique moment in the life of our galaxy? Yes and no.

"Whenever possible, astronomers appeal to the principle that we are not at a special time or place in the universe," Majewski said. "Because over the 14 billion-year history of the Milky Way it is unlikely that we would just happen to catch a brief event like the death of Sagittarius, we infer that such events must be common in the life of big spiral galaxies like our own. The Milky Way probably dined on a number of dwarf galaxy snacks in the past."

On the other hand, Majewski and his colleagues have been surprised by the Earth's proximity to a portion of the Sagittarius debris.

"For only a few percent of its 240 million-year orbit around the Milky Way galaxy does our Solar System pass through the path of Sagittarius debris," Majewski said. "Remarkably, stars from Sagittarius are now raining down onto our present position in the Milky Way. Stars from an alien galaxy are relatively near us. We have to re-think our assumptions about the Milky Way galaxy to account for this contamination."

The new findings will help astronomers measure the total mass of the Milky Way and Sagittarius galaxies, and probe the quantity and distribution of the invisible dark matter in these systems.

"The shape of the Sagittarius debris trail shows us that the Milky Way's unseen dark matter is in a spherical distribution, a result that is quite unexpected," Weinberg said.

"The observations provide new insights into the nature of the mysterious dark matter," said Princeton's Spergel. "Either our galaxy is unusual or the dark matter has richer properties than postulated by conventional models."

Implications in Global Warming?

It has been postulated that this is the real reason for both global warming since higher energy levels of the Milky Way are almost certain to cause our Sun to burn hotter and emit higher energies. Indeed, temperatures have been seen to rise on virtually all the planets in our system. This seems quite apart from any local phenomenon like greenhouse gases etc.

This grand turning is possibly the root cause for the discontinuation of the Mayan calendar (the most accurate on the planet) because the 'read-point' of the Pleiades star cluster, which many believe the calendar was based upon, can no longer be a constant as we begin to steer away from the earlier predictable movements.

Other changes happening in our system

The "marriage" of our birth galaxy with our new adopted Milky Way galaxy is causing energy shifts that are obvious just about everywhere. Here are some changes being watched by scientists:

* A growth of dark spots on Pluto.

* Reporting of auroras on Saturn.

* Reporting of Uranus and Neptune polar shifts (They are magnetically conjugate planets), and the abrupt large-scale growth of Uranus' magnetosphere intensity.

* A change in light intensity and light spot dynamics on Neptune.

* The doubling of the magnetic field intensity on Jupiter (based upon 1992 data), and a series of new states and processes observed on this planet as an aftermath of a series of explosions in July 1994 [caused by "Comet" SL-9]. That is, a relaxation of a plasmoid train which excited the Jovian magnetosphere, thus inducing excessive plasma generation and it's release in the same manner as Solar coronal holes inducing an appearance of radiation belt brightening in decimeter band (13.2 and 36 cm), and the appearance of large auroral anomalies and a change of the Jupiter - Io system of currents.

Update Note: A stream of ionized hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, etc. is being directed to Jupiter from the volcanic areas of Io through a one million amperes flux tube. It is affecting the character of Jupiter's magnetic process and intensifying it's plasma genesis.[Z.I.Vselennaya "Earth and Universe" N3, 1997 plo-9 by NASA data]

* A series of Martian atmosphere transformations increasing its biosphere quality. In particularly, a cloudy growth in the equator area and an unusual growth of ozone concentration.

Update Note: Mars Surveyor Satellite encountered an atmospheric density double that projected by NASA upon entering a Mars orbit. This greater density bent one of the solar array arms beyond the full and open stop. This combination of events has delayed the beginning of the scheduled photo mission for one year.

* A first stage atmosphere generation on the Moon, where a growing natrium atmosphere is detected that reaches 9,000 km in height.

* Significant physical, chemical and optical changes observed on Venus; an inversion of dark and light spots detected for the first time, and a sharp decrease of sulfur-containing gases in its atmosphere.

* A Change in the Quality of Interplanetary Space Towards an Increase in Its Interplanetary and Solar-Planetary Transmitting Properties.

When speaking of new energetic and material qualities of interplanetary space, we must first point out the increase of the interplanetary domains energetic charge, and level of material saturation. This change of the typical mean state of interplanetary space has two main causes:

* The supply/inflow of matter from interstellar space. (Radiation material, ionized elements, and combinations.)

* The after effects of Solar Cycle 22 activity, especially as a result of fast coronal mass ejection's [CME's] of magnetized solar plasmas.

What does it all mean?

We of the overarching Sagittarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy have finally come down next to, and even with the massively powerful spiral armed equatorial plane of the Milky Way Galaxy.

In our movement through space, our Earth has now fully begun to respond to the more powerful galactic energies and electro-gravitational bias of the massive Milky Way. We have reached the higher energy equatorial disc region of the massive spiral arm. We have now been "adopted" by a new system, a stronger and more powerful system, and we can expect changes on almost every level of energy.

Whatever these changes are, they are all part of the natural birth, death, rebirth and transformation of the cosmos. As our knowledge of the universe grows, we cannot but understand how much we do not understand. Such is life.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:27 AM   #44
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Fascinating information, it really goes to show how little we really know about our universe....thanks for sharing!
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #45
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

yw as...

http://www.tmgnow.com/repository/glo...ophysical.html
This is from 1997

PLANETOPHYSICAL STATE OF

THE EARTH AND LIFE

By DR. ALEXEY N. DMITRIEV*

Published in Russian, IICA Transactions, Volume 4, 1997

*Professor of Geology and Mineralogy, and Chief Scientific Member,

United Institute of Geology, Geophysics, and Mineralogy,

Siberian Department of Russian Academy of Sciences.

Expert on Global Ecology, and Fast -Processing Earth Events.

Russian to English Translation and Editing:

by A. N. Dmitriev, Andrew Tetenov, and Earl L. Crockett

Summary Paragraph

Current PlanetoPhysical alterations of the Earth are becoming irreversible. Strong evidence exists that these transformations are being caused by highly charged material and energetic non-uniformity's in anisotropic interstellar space which have broken into the interplanetary area of our Solar System. This "donation" of energy is producing hybrid processes and excited energy states in all planets, as well as the Sun. Effects here on Earth are to be found in the acceleration of the magnetic pole shift, in the vertical and horizontal ozone content distribution, and in the increased frequency and magnitude of significant catastrophic climatic events. There is growing probability that we are moving into a rapid temperature instability period similar to the one that took place 10,000 years ago. The adaptive responses of the biosphere, and humanity, to these new conditions may lead to a total global revision of the range of species and life on Earth. It is only through a deep understanding of the fundamental changes taking place in the natural environment surrounding us that politicians, and citizens a like, will be able to achieve balance with the renewing flow of PlanetoPhysical states and processes.
INTRODUCTION

Current, in process, geological, geophysical, and climatical alterations of the Earth are becoming more, and more, irreversible. At the present time researchers are revealing some of the causes which are leading to a general reorganization of the electro-magnetosphere (the electromagnetic skeleton) of our planet, and of its climatic machinery. A greater number of specialists in climatology, geophysics, planetophysics, and heliophysics are tending towards a cosmic causative sequence version for what is happening. Indeed, events of the last decade give strong evidence of unusually significant heliospheric and planetophysic transformations [1,2]. Given the quality, quantity, and scale of these transformations we may say that:

The climatic and biosphere processes here on Earth (through a tightly connected feedback system) are directly impacted by, and linked back to, the general overall transformational processes taking place in our Solar System. We must begin to organize our attention and thinking to understand that climatic changes on Earth are only one part, or link, in a whole chain of events taking place in our Heliosphere.

These deep physical processes, these new qualities of our physical and geological environment, will impose special adaptive challenges and requirements for all life forms on Earth. Considering the problems of adaptation our biosphere will have with these new physical conditions on Earth, we need to distinguish the general tendency and nature of the changes. As we will show below,these tendencies may be traced in the direction of planet energy capacity growth (capacitance), which is leading to a highly excited or charged state of some of Earth's systems.The most intense transformations are taking place in the planetary gas-plasma envelopes to which the productive possibilities of our biosphere are timed. Currently this new scenario of excess energy run-off is being formed, and observed:

In the ionosphere by plasma generation.

In the magnetosphere by magnetic storms.

In the atmosphere by cyclones.

This high-energy atmospheric phenomena, which was rare in the past, is now becoming more frequent, intense, and changed in its nature. The material composition of the gas-plasma envelope is also being transformed.

It is quite natural for the whole biota of the Earth to be subjected to these changing conditions of the electromagnetic field, and to the significant deep alterations of Earth's climatic machinery. These fundamental processes of change create a demand within all of Earth's life organisms for new forms of adaptation. The natural development of these new forms may lead to a total global revision of the range of species, and life, on Earth . New deeper qualities of life itself may come forth, bringing the new physical state of the Earth to an equilibrium with the new organismic possibilities of development, reproduction, and perfection. In this sense it is evident that we are faced with a problem of the adaptation of humanity to this new state of the Earth; new conditions on Earth whose biospheric qualities are varying, and non-uniformly distributed. Therefore the current period of transformation is transient, and the transition of life's representatives to the future may take place only after a deep evaluation of what it will take to comply with these new Earthly biospheric conditions. Each living representative on Earth will be getting a thorough "examination," or "quality control inspection," to determine it's ability to comply with these new conditions.These evolutionary challenges always require effort, or endurance, be it individual organisms, species, or communities. Therefore, it is not only the climate that is becoming new, but we as human beings are experiencing a global change in the vital processes of living organisms, or life itself; which is yet another link in the total process. We cannot treat such things separately, or individually.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #46
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Solar UFO

David Sereda writes: "The giant UFOs (original full image) showing up on NASA's extreme Ultraviolet (invisible light)
solar cameras may be trying to work with the sun's energy. Psychic intuitive sessions have shown that this is why they
are there. These UFOs may be as large as planet Earth."

http://www.voiceentertainment.net/

Last edited by Carol; 03-06-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #47
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

I just read something about a theory of someone regarding the reset for planet earth. I thought the idea novel yet interesting. Basically he was saying that only superior DNA oriented people would survive because they are the ones who will make the effort to protect themselves and the ones they love.

Take a look at what John Glennie came up with. This man is amazing as he was stranded in a capsized boat for 3 months on just two tablespoons of rice soaked in seawater and 2 tablespoons of water. He is also a boatbuilder. This is his design for an emergency shelter system.

http://www.preparedplanet.com/Emergency%20Shelters.html

Based on dome technology, the Sea Egg Emergency Shelter is the ultimate safe home to have for your family and loved ones in case of emergency or disaster. Made of durable and resilliant rebar and concrete, this shelter system offers a safe retreat from the world with all the creature comforts of a home. With the cost and recent escalation of ready made shelter prices, this is an affordable alternative for anyone who has the will and determination to do what it takes to be safe in these uncertain times. You don't need to be a contractor to know how to build this emergency shelter...anyone can do this! Builder designer John Glennie has taken all the guess work out of the equation and given us real instructions in layman terms. Ready made affordable designs for anyone who wants to save money and have the best shelter system money can buy. Plans come with easy to read instructions and design, along with builder contact information for questions and support.* This is the best do it yourself emergency shelter we have seen.

About the designer
John Glennie did his apprenticeship in the boatbuilding trade in New Zealand. Sailed the South Pacific with his brother David in their home built trimaran “Highlight” for 7 years, selling it in LA to come back to Sydney to build a trimaran each of John’s own design. On a cruise from Blenheim, NZ to Tonga in ’89 John’s yacht “Rose-Noelle” capsized in a 60 ft vertical wall of water and he and his crew spent the next 4 months drifting upside down in the predominantly westerly winds and currents through the Roaring Forties in the middle of winter on what should have been a 5000 mile trip to Chile.

It wasn’t so much of “what he knew but what knew him” It turned out to be the wind bringing them back to NZ.----- Four months later. As the wind has never done that before in maritime history, a marine enquiry was set up and they were proven correct in their story. John chronicled the story in his book “The Spirit of Rose-Noelle’ 119 days adrift” by Penguin. He holds the unofficial world record for the longest time adrift in a cold climate.

"I have worked with John in the past on one of his Sea Egg Shelters. As a former licensed general contractor and a builder with 20 years experience including construction of two California school projects as Superintendent, I will say: Utilizing a sphere as an exterior wall system, John’s Sea Egg Design is among the strongest structures you can build underground in regards to earth movements. The rounded bottom allows the forces of an earthquake, coming up from below, to dissipate around the structure as opposed to a flat slab which can catch those forces, like a sail in the wind.Also, in the case of liquefaction, a condition during an earthquake where certain soils tend to act as a viscous liquid; this underground shelter will do extremely well finding balance and remaining level."
Old 03-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #48
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Huge waves rippling across the sun for the past two days. Earthquakes Coming? I'd say yes after our 4.4 last night.

http://www.disclose.tv/forum/massive...ng-t17675.html

Old 03-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #49
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't read the whole thread here, just a quick question, if anyone knows (save me a search please, not lazy, just wrapped up in something else:

How much notice would we have of an incoming CME?
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #50
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

I'm not sure Moxie.

However, I just ran across this on Coast which was interesting.

Disaster Preparedness
03-11-10

Survivalism expert Jim Rawles discussed the mindset of preparedness in an uncertain world, and the wild cards to prepare for including solar flares, EMP attacks, & global economic collapse. "I try to encourage people to get squared away on what I refer to as 'beans, bullets, and Band-aids,' essentially everything people would need for a major disaster," he said, noting that normal commerce could be disrupted in number of scenarios.

Among the most important items for people to have are good quality water filters (such as Katadyn or British Berkefeld), as you may need to collect water from open sources, he detailed. A first-aid kit, wind-up radio, canned & dried foods, firearms, cash, and alternative communication devices like a CB radio are among the additional items he mentioned. Rawles stressed that training is even more important than the supplies. For instance, if you don't know how to use a gun or perform first-aid, the items are useless.

The power grid in the United States is particularly vulnerable to an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attack or an X-Flare from the sun (like the Carrington Event of 1859). Such occurrences could knock out radio, telecommunications, GPS, and even cars might not work-- a cascade of events which could "bring us to our knees," Rawles pointed out. He recommended that people move to lightly populated farming regions, if they are able to.

Website(s):
www.survivalblog.com

Book(s):
How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It
2012: Extinction or Utopia