Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 04-23-2009, 05:24 AM   #1
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Namaste - meaning what exactly?

I believe there is a great meditation/lesson on or in the meaning of "namaste".

Wikipedia offers several interpretations of the word namaste, and in particular there is one that I really love:

"I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namaste

This above interpretation, in my view, is a central anchor to the manifestation of group harmony.

Namaste my friends !

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 04-23-2009 at 05:43 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:26 AM   #2
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Namaste - meaning what exactly?

Namaste to you

BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:33 AM   #3
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

My higher-self acknowledging your higher-self? The more they get together the happier we'll be.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:59 AM   #4
Lionhawk
Avalon Senior Member

Greetings everyone!

A very good question was asked and there have been many different interpretations offered as to the meaning of Namaste'.

If I may indulge you with another interpretation that I learned about twenty years ago from quite the different source.

At that time I had no clue what it meant either. It wasn't until I met a walk-in. This walk-in was also more than a walk-in, as to the presence within this walk-in was also Angelic. This unfolded in a small time frame as I found myself taking another course in spirituality and this walk-in was my new teacher. It was also my first real experience as far as direct contact with an Angel.

What I learned was that the word Namaste' is more than a word. Spoken, yes, but softly. The word simply means something along the lines that you acknowledge the Devine presence within the person you are addressing. But it is also a blessing that is actually administered and the action of a slight bow is also required. Where the Christed energy of the one who is administering it actually sends this Christed energy to the one you are addressing in one motion.

So as the word goes, it is loosely misrepresented as most do not sincerely administer anything in terms of Christed energy to another when they speak it or write it on the screen. Although well intentioned from the one saying it, the power in the delivery is never realized and is limited in it's effective potential.

This is a powerful blessing when it is administered correctly. It is also performed in seconds and once you are proficient enough, you don't even have to verbally say it. Which is actually the preferred method where the one administering it is coming from the position of an unconditional heart and isn't seeking any recognition for saying it. That is what makes it a powerful blessing. This blessing is also designed in terms of energy to heal the one receiving it.

Also let me add that when you practice this blessing, you are also expanding the connection to the Creator. If you can imagine that connection as in bandwidth, you will increase this bandwidth by exercising it. This is about increasing the flow of energy and bringing Heaven to Earth in a matter of speaking. It will also help you in terms of enlightenment. The best part is that it is free. Also, it is an action of Unconditional Love.

I do hope that helps. In all of my travels since I learned all this, I have not yet seen this teaching of this word in the way it was taught to me. But I am more than happy to share that lesson with you. With that I also bid all of you here in this thread a Namaste'.

Last edited by Lionhawk; 09-25-2009 at 03:19 AM.
Lionhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:27 AM   #5
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Thankyou Lionhawk! Nice first post - welcome!

Namaste
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:40 AM   #6
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Great first post Lionhawk, welcome to the forum

Yes, my understanding of 'Namaste' is that it means:

I bow before the God in you.

Or,

God in me bows before God in you.

--

To me this is a very real statement, and an important understanding. God lives in the heart of every person, literally. Each one of us has a 'three fold flame' a God flame in our spiritual heart, which is a divine spark from the God head itself. It is our divine individuality and who we really are. Each of us has a totally unique and beautiful God flame in our heart. When we say Namaste, we are bowing before the God flame in the heart of the receiver of this blessing.

Namaste to all of you.

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 09-25-2009 at 03:50 AM.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:44 AM   #7
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Namaste' Lionhawk!
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:47 AM   #8
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Is the divinity which resides within humanity as good as it gets? Or is the isness the ultimate divinity...which does not reside within humanity?

I'm suspecting malevolent humans and malevolent non-humans are playing God to us here on Earth. Yet I see the supremely intelligently designed artwork of creation...superimposed onto an evolutionary canvas. But I don't see this Designer/God at work here on Earth. Was this God defeated and destroyed in an ancient battle? Are the victors ruling over us presently? Or did the original God...with absolute power...become absolutely corrupt and insane? I see unbelievable complexity and beauty in humanity and nature...and I see unfathomable pain, misery, corruption, etc, etc, etc...in a very $crewed-up world. Is the rest of the universe even more $crewed-up? I feel as though I am starting to figure some things out...and I'm not liking a lot of what I'm seeing. The concept of 'Namaste' is one of the few bright spots.

In any case...I am wishing for humanity to rule themselves with constitutional responsible freedom...throughout this solar system...and to peacefully and constructively interact with benevolent non-human beings. But something tells me that some very powerful (and not necessarily benevolent) non-humans would have to agree to such a proposal. Who knows...they may have kept us alive as a race...because we are cattle to them...and are their property...or so they think. I feel as though humanity is between a rock and a hard place. What would separation papers look like? Would we face a long and bitter divorce trial? Has such a trial been going on...without our knowledge...for centuries? Will a judgement be rendered on December 21, 2012? Perhaps the divinity within the human race...and the divinity within the reptilian race...need to acknowledge the divinity within each other...equally. Could this be a large part of a possible solution?

Namaste
Old 09-25-2009, 06:06 AM   #9
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Lionhawk,

I once helped a close friend come to know divine oneness and the word "Namaste" was intrinsic. Just the gift of unconditional love and respect for their own divine beauty was immeasurable to share. When it was mirrored back the energetic loop it created what quite simply beyond words.

Thanks for sharing the lesson you learned in sharing Namaste without word, just intention.

Quote:
ODM...Is the divinity which resides within humanity as good as it gets? Or is the isness the ultimate divinity...which does not reside within humanity?

I'm suspecting malevolent humans and malevolent non-humans are playing God to us here on Earth. Yet I see the supremely intelligently designed artwork of creation...superimposed onto an evolutionary canvas. But I don't see this Designer/God at work here on Earth. Was this God defeated and destroyed in an ancient battle? Are the victors ruling over us presently? Or did the original God...with absolute power...become absolutely corrupt and insane? I see unbelievable complexity and beauty in humanity and nature...and I see unfathomable pain, misery, corruption, etc, etc, etc...in a very $crewed-up world. Is the rest of the universe even more $crewed-up?
On a side note to you ODM, I was talking with a neighbor tonight about the political happenings, economy, swine flu, and she brought up end times. I shared with her how excited I was and how blessed I felt to watch what is happening.

Many discount the bible as just a clever story created to mess with people. I do not see it that way. I do find it interesting that we were told that when Israel returned to the land that that generation would not pass until all was completed. Many thought 1988 could be it because of the 40 years being a generation when they wandered in the desert. But, the years of a righteous man are 70 years, and 1948 plus 70 brings us to 2018. Could we be seeing the prophetic fulfillment of the NWO beast system where the love of many has grown cold. Where the oil has gone out of the lamps and the once seeking bride has fallen asleep so that all seems lost?

Oh what a time to live in and not lose our sight. It's taken me a long long time to understand love, to appreciate my difficulties and to more than anything love those who have taught me those lessons albeit that was not their intention. So, Namaste to you ODM. Even in the darkest of nights of the soul as the darkness unfolds and the coldness surrounds like a death of love, one has but to look within to that divine knowing and there is love and in that, darkness can never overcome light.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:42 AM   #10
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Thank-you Unified Serenity.

One interpretation of the New Testament eschatological references (other than the book of Revelation) is that the writers and speakers meant that present generation (alive in the first century A.D.) would live to see it all...and that 2,000 years preceding the end-times was not contemplated. If people had followed the Great Commission of Matthew 28:18-20 (study it closely and carefully)...that might have been the case. But they didn't...and still don't. We may be looking at another 2,000 years of wandering in the wilderness...if we survive. Sometimes I view the book of Revelation as a script(and not a good one)...rather than a history of the future. I have an 'open' and non-fatalistic view of the future. True Freedom and Absolute Foreknowledge cannot peacefully coexist. Our planet is how we plan it. We're making this up as we go. Did you notice what Bob Dean said regarding the '3 Stevens of the Apocalypse'? Have you heard what Philip Corso Jr. said at the 2004 XCon (Google Video) regarding time-travel? He said that time-travel is why disclosure has not occurred. I have a problem with future humans coming back to mess with us. I don't even like Einstein and his Theory of Relativity...relative to time. He thought we'd get a bang out of his theory...and he was right! I'm currently trying to absorb the implications and ramifications of 'Behold a Pale Horse' by Bill Cooper. According to Bill...it's later than we think. So many prophecies...so little time. This isn't the subject we were discussing...was it? Oh well...sometimes I get carried away...and the time just flies...whether or not I'm having fun.

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 09-25-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:55 AM   #11
Barcarolle
Retired Avalon Member

excellent and deeply beautiful Lionhawk, felt a warm sensation flowing within me and a twinkling smile reading your post.

Namaste
Barcarolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:06 AM   #12
Lionhawk
Avalon Senior Member

Thank-you everyone for your welcomes. I am honored to be of service if anything.

Also a little clarification. The bow in the administering of Namaste' is not to be intended as an action of worship. It is an action to honor or acknowledge the Devine presence in another. It isn't about submission. Big difference as what we are used to seeing with any bowing is usually in a submissive form of worship.

Which leads to another lesson but for the integrity of what this thread is about
I will just leave it as it is. Keep it simple in other words.

Thank-you once again. It's is good to be here!
Old 09-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #13
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

My wife lived in India and she has several friends there. What they told us is that Namaste means: "I see the light in you". Since we are all made of light, even when the spark is not at its brightest, Namaste, is given to all.

Thank you Lionhawk for your sharing, it is much appreciated.

Namaste, Steven

Last edited by Steven; 09-25-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #14
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

What a beautiful explanation lionhawk that has touched my heart and my soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionhawk View Post
Thank-you everyone for your welcomes. I am honored to be of service if anything.

Also a little clarification. The bow in the administering of Namaste' is not to be intended as an action of worship. It is an action to honor or acknowledge the Devine presence in another. It isn't about submission. Big difference as what we are used to seeing with any bowing is usually in a submissive form of worship.

Which leads to another lesson but for the integrity of what this thread is about
I will just leave it as it is. Keep it simple in other words.

Thank-you once again. It's is good to be here!
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #15
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

what is

effulgence

what becomes

when a portion of effulgence

pours out

emanation

the worlds in which

you and me

meet and greet

the effulgence in us

namaste

I saw Eternity the other night
Like a great Ring of pure and endless Light
All Calm as it was Bright

- Henry Vaughan opening lines in I Saw Eternity

Last edited by RedeZra; 09-25-2009 at 05:52 PM.
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #16
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

lightbeing
lightbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #17
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Could an Ecumenical Namaste Liturgy (Na-Mass-Te?) be devised to replace the Eucharistic Liturgy...which would focus on the concept of Namaste... rather than being centered in blood, death, crucifixes, human sacrifice, worship, and praise? I like order, beauty, ritual, reverence, awe, music, and fellowship...but I do not like what presently transpires in churches and cathedrals...during masses...and secretly behind locked doors. Could this possibly be a way to throw out the bathwater without throwing out the baby? Do we need a Vatican III...to completely reform and purify the church? Do we need a church which is completely in harmony with the principle of Responsible Freedom in the context of the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights? How about it...Lucifer? You need to retire...and the church needs to change. You need to move beyond the Original Sin and the War in Heaven. Peace...be still. Now is the time for a new paradigm. By the way...I'm presently listening to the St. Louis Jesuits. They make beautiful music. Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 09-29-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #18
Lionhawk
Avalon Senior Member

That's the ticket Lightbeing!

Can you feel it? From the pic you posted? I can feel it and it was done correctly as in an administered blessing. Not from submission. I felt honored at first glance.

That's what I'm talking about. It doesn't have to be complicated. A simple blessing that is so powerful.

Namaste' Lightbeing.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #19
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Namaste' Lionhawk,

Thank you !

And I agree with you ! For I can feel it too.

I grew up in a country with many from the Indian culture. And it never
felt like a submission. It always felt like a blessing and a showing of respect for the other person.

Namaste' my friend

lightbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionhawk View Post
That's the ticket Lightbeing!

Can you feel it? From the pic you posted? I can feel it and it was done correctly as in an administered blessing. Not from submission. I felt honored at first glance.

That's what I'm talking about. It doesn't have to be complicated. A simple blessing that is so powerful.

Namaste' Lightbeing.
lightbeing is offline   Reply With Quote