Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
henners
Project Avalon Researcher

Smile Are you spiritually gifted ?

Hello all, i had a thought in mind about spirituality. I did a bit of research and thought i'd post my findings.

What is awake ? From Wilkipedia- Being awake is a metabolic state which is marked by catabolic processes and which is characterized by consciousness, the opposite of sleep, an anabolic process.
In biological psychology, awareness describes a human or animal's perception and cognitive reaction to a condition or event. Awareness does not necessarily imply understanding, just an ability to be conscious of, feel or perceive.

When did you become aware of being spiritually awake/gifted ?
Are these some of the perceptions you had ?

- Acute self-awareness, intuition, the "I am"-power or built-in authority.

- See self and others as inter-related; realize without being taught that the cosmos is somehow alive and shining; possess what has been termed "subjective light."

- Moral elevation, strong opinions, a tendency to experience delight, "peak-experiences," and/or aesthetic preferences.

- An understanding of where they're headed; have a sense of destiny; see the possible in the midst of the mundane.

- "Unappeasable hunger" for selective interests, often prompting solitary or single-minded pursuits; generally altruistic or want to contribute to others.

- Fresh, "weird" notions; well-developed humor ( Reminds me of Brinty) : We ask such youngsters, "Where do you get these ideas?" and wonder if these aren't ancient souls in young bodies.

- Pragmatic, efficient perception of reality, which often (but not always) produces healthy choices and practical results.

For me, all insight is a gift. In my study and experience, the genuinely saintly people have no idea that they are such (and those who claim it, usually aren't!) To be spiritually gifted is in a sense to be humble, open to learning, to be at least available for the possibilities of oneself, of others, of situations, and to be diligent in doing what we can and leaving the rest to ... well, to God.

What is your story................?
Henry
Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote