Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:23 AM   #1
JoyAnna
Avalon Senior Member

Unhappy Lost civil rights while we are distracted

I haven’t posted very often because I feel a bit shy, I guess. Still, I hope some of you will respond with some thoughts, encouragement, and support. I have been reading/watching Avalon/Camelot since its first days, and researching for the truth about our dear planet for several years now. In today’s mail, I received a letter form the State of Washington, Dept. of Licensing with big, bold letters across the top reading:

Quote:
---------
Happy Birthday to You!
Time for Renewal

We know it’s early, but we’re wishing you a Happy Birthday, and reminding you to renew your driver license or ID card.

To renew, go to any driver licensing office and bring:[LIST][*]Your old driver license or ID car.[*]Glasses or contacts for the vision test.[*]Cash or check only; we don’t accept credit or debit cards.[*]Additional documents when upgrading to an Enhanced Driver License or ID card.

For more information, go to www.dol.wa.gov

The cost to renew:
  • A driver license is $25.
  • An ID card is $20.
  • An EDL/ID is an additional $15.
----------
I knew this was coming, but here it is, a time of choice -- staring me in the face. This lovely, friendly greeting grew even more disturbing when I go to that website to learn that no, I cannot renew on line because I am over 65 (way over, turning 73 in June). The only choice I have is whether to continue to drive or not, since the EDL/ID is the only license to be issued. The EDL/ID comes complete with the imbedded RFD and I will be photographed for Biometric Identification. This is the procedure:

Quote:
When you apply for a Washington State Enhanced Driver License/ID Card (EDL/ID), you must: (emphasis added)

1. show us ALL of the following documents:[INDENT]
  • proof of United States citizenship.
proof of identity. We accept only original documents or government-certified copies. We cannot accept Internet printouts or temporary, uncertified, notarized, or altered documents.
  • proof of Washington State residence.
  • proof of name change, if applicable.
If you have changed your name more than once and your current name is different than the name on your birth certificate or other citizenship or identity documents, you must show us a court order, marriage certificate, or divorce decree to document EACH name change. (emphasis added) Marriage certificate (certified copy or original). The certificate must contain a control number that can be validated with the issuing authority
2. provide your Social Security number.
3. have a personal interview with a licensing service representative to verify the information on your application.
4. have your photograph taken.
I’m sorry this is so long, but this is the first overt example I have experienced of how severely my own civil rights have been desecrated. I don’t know what I will do. I must think this through carefully. At what point am I willing take a stand. Is this the time I must say, “Enough! No more!” Happy Birthday to Me, indeed!!!

Do you have any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, things to consider?

In Love and peace,
JoyAnna
JoyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:02 AM   #2
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Lost civil rights while we are distracted

My question JoyAnna is "why is the EDL/ID license the only license available to you? Has the driver license office specifically stated this?"

You have mentioned the following:

To renew, go to any driver licensing office and bring:[list][*]Your old driver license or ID car.[*]Glasses or contacts for the vision test.[*]Cash or check only; we don’t accept credit or debit cards.[*]Additional documents when upgrading to an Enhanced Driver License or ID card.

Note that they use the word "upgrading"...doesn't this imply you have a choice to upgrade or not from your previous original license?

In Canada we have a choice whether to upgrade to EDL or remain the same...and no ID card is required...of course the PTB trys to push the EDL on Canadians to replace the passport necessary to cross the border.

I do sympathize with you if you can only procure the EDL...in your case I would only have it on my person when driving a vehicle otherwise I would stow it in the deepest suitcase at home!!
__________________________________________________ _________
Humpty Dumpty sat on a Wall...Humpty Dumpty had a great Fall...All the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again!
Starlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Lost civil rights while we are distracted

Hi JoyAnna,

I understand feeling a bit shy. I feel the same way and do not post tons. Thanks to you and your post, you gave me courage to post a reply to you. Thank you for that. =)

I understand that the information you came across causes a bit of fear. I haven't seen it affect me directly thus far but I felt the fear hit me when I read your news. And then I pushed through it and found logic and belief that we don't have to do anythign we don't want to do.

Judging by the language used, it seems to be that you do not have to choose the EDL but you may have seen something I did not. The wording seems to indicate that it is an "upgrade" type situation for the EDL. I would look into this very hard and talkt o whomever I can to completely understand what my choices were. I myself have already made the decision to do whatever I can to never have to be chipped in any way, shape or form.

I wish you the best of luck. Do not be afraid! That way they can have their cake but starve. Knowledge is the key. Learn and understand what choices you have. Then make your decision. If you need help along the way, you know where to find it. I love to research and learn so if you need anything, just say the word. Have a beautiful day and keep us posted.
Malynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #4
lemon69
Project Avalon Researcher

hi joyanna, fistly good on you for posting ,doesnt it feel good to exchange,,
well here is a little info on how you could go about sorting your little issue,
http://tpuc.org/content/interview-ri...norable-operat
the link explains how to register your vehical to you instead of giving it to the government "thats what you do when you "register"(look for the law definition in lblacks law dictionary ,it may suppries you,,"").
driving licences work similarly ,you dont really need one, we are just told so many times we do ,we just get one ,,,
i know the site deals mainly with uk,but i belive it is applicable in any commonwealth contries,, hope this helps,,,
andy,, oh ps dont hesitate to ask for more info here or pm me if you prefer...
lemon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
JoyAnna
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you dear people for responding. I'm learning a lot from this experience.

First off, thank you, Starlah: You are right. I went back into the website and after considerable deep digging, finally found the FAQ page with the question, "Am I required to get an EDL?" The answer is, "No, the EDL program is completely voluntary."
So, I don't have to submit to this invasion of my privacy. However, it will mean that I can no longer drive 6 miles from my home to visit and shop in Canada. The EDL is presented as a convenience so we don't need to pay for the expensive (and just as invasive passport). I'm not sure if this type of ID will be required to fly within the US or not, but if it does, then I will not be permitted to visit my children and grands in California unless I drive it.

I feel much better now, and the sun is shining brightly, and I need to head outside to finish building my newest vegetable garden
JoyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:44 AM   #6
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Lost civil rights while we are distracted

I feel much better now, and the sun is shining brightly, and I need to head outside to finish building my newest vegetable garden [/QUOTE]

Glad I could shed some light and solutions to the problem JoyAnna...enjoy your Garden.