Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 01-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #26
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Issue in Divine Beauty

The cities of this world are difficult places to be when one is on a spiritual path. Social Consciousness is heavy in the city and to sensitive people can be disturbing. Thats why many people on a spiritual path choose to live in the country, in nature.

It would be an interesting survey to make to find out the percentage of Avalon members who live in the countryside. And yes it is most difficult for humans to not "give in" to any situation they find themselves in. Survival "dog eat dog" is a strong underlying current in most people. Its controlled by laws and law enforcement. Thats why the advice is to get out of the city as when the system goes down, cities will become savage places to be.

I was very much inspired on reading the book about the German/Jew pychiatrist (cant for the life of me remember his name) who described his experiences in the death camp during WW2. He made a conscious descision amongst all that horror and death, that he would retain his last remaining free-will option. That last remaining free-option was that of choosing his own response/reaction to what was happening to him and all around him.

He refused to hate! I can't quite remember if he chose to love or to just be neutral. But he refused to hate. He had been a teacher, so in his mind he taught classes. He took his mind off of the horror and put it elsewhere. He also studied his fellow prisoners and observed the mind sets of those who survived this terrible experience and those who didin't. Those who survived put in their minds a future. Something they would do or be beyond where they were. Those who died, died in spirit first. They gave up. This man was guided in his decisions. When left mean death and right meant life. Right would be where he was prompted to go.

This man was a tremendous inspiration to me. I am not telling you this story because of your ethnic background. Thats not the point. The point is the power of our intention. The power of the human mind and the spirit in all of us.

Cheers

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #27
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

I think you cut right to the point there, which is motivation beyond those. The change of focus that asteram mentioned in another thread.

I just pray that London holds it wee for my last four months.
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #28
asteram
Avalon Senior Member

Carmen, I want to compliment you on that post about the influences of modern society.

A society without values producing children who don't value themselves.

And Czymra, I left a reply for you at the Onwards thread.
asteram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #29
asteram
Avalon Senior Member

duplicate post

Last edited by asteram; 01-10-2009 at 11:34 PM.
asteram is offline   Reply With Quote