Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 09-20-2008, 05:13 PM   #51
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Experiences with nature spirits

Hi macros. yes, I've heard all that too, especially that food thing. Never eat their food.

I want to tell another story of an odd thing. I moved back to Virginia, where I grew up, after living in NY state for a long time. While in NY, I had met Raven, a Native American healer. She was of a western tribe, but lived where the Iroquois Nation is still strong in NY. She held drumming circles for shamanic journeying.

I joined the circle, and during a journey there met my spirit guide named Yellowcloud, a Native. For years he was one of my guides who would show up in meditation or journeying. I really came to love Yellowcloud.

When I moved back to Virginia, after a while I noticed that Yellowcloud wasn't showing up in my meditations very often, so I sort of thought perhaps he was attached to the northern tribes and I accepted that he hadn't come with me (I know this doesn't particularly make sense, but ...)

Anyway, I made a garden in my brother's back yard, in the form of a medicine wheel. In the center of it I embedded a shaman staff that I had made, and I planted vegetables there for 3 years. During a storm, the shaman staff broke. When I dug up the staff, underneath it I found an arrowhead!

Now, it's common to find arrowheads, I know, so maybe nobody thinks this would be very strange. But the point is that my brother has lived on the same property for over 40 years. In that time, almost every inch of the property has been dug up for one reason or another. He has never found an arrowhead there.

I, of course, considered it a message from Yellowcloud, a gift to me. A spiritual reader told me that this was an "apport," an object materialized for me out of thin air. Gives me shivers even telling this story!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:51 PM   #52
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

A good story Doodah, i wonder what the arrowhead represents to you? There are guides that have in past lifes been on earth with one of their pupils. Perhaps you where together back then - who knows.

You are blessed to know your guide(one of them) in this life. I havnt met mine though i think "he" is a "he" though as 3 times in my life a man as spoken to me offering support. The words although nothing special gave me a boost!

My grandmother is terrified of native indians especially the ones wearing head-dresses. I joke to her that maybe one is her guide. Though secretly i feel she was involved with them in a past life.

See you soon mate
macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #53
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Macros, not sure what you mean by "meeting" your guides. Yellowcloud is a spirit guide. That I found this arrowhead in that particular spot (underneath the shaman staff in the middle of a medicine wheel!) was a significant physical event, but I have never met Yellowcloud in this life, I don't think.

I'm sure I have had Native American lifetimes. My spiritual link with them is very strong. I think I have also had a lifetime as a pioneer woman (white), on the opposite side of the coin, with very bad memories of Natives. A lot of feelings of sadness seem linked to that in my current life, but I have worked to clear that karma. Your grandmother being terrified pretty much suggests she has some bad past-life experiences associated with Natives. She could explore that if she felt inclined and clear that.

To find out who your guides are, go into meditation and ask for one to step forward. If for any reason you feel whoever steps forward is not a positive energy, tell your higher self you'd like a different guide. You can also ask for your power animals to show themselves.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #54
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Thats me getting mixed up - DOH - i do feel for the native american they`ve been through alot. At least they have`nt lost their patience, nor their wisdom.

A friend of mine once told me that he met his guide in a meditation session. He told me that this guide walked right up to his face and just looked at him. When my friend asked him is name, he simply shook his head and walked away. My friend got yhe impression that knowing his name was`nt important.

This firiend(fed up of calling him that - will call him bob introduced me to light body essences. These are herb coloured potions that you take a few drops of each day.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #55
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

A guide is a helpful person/entity/being/whatever. If this "guide" who looked Bob in the face does not help Bob when Bob asks for that in meditation, I don't know what that was.

When Yellowcloud first appeared, marvelous things happened. I had asked a question in my journey, a real-life question that I was looking to answer. In the journey, he showed up and took me to his grandfather, and I received a most fabulous answer.

Later on, after many journeys, I asked his name. When he said Yellowcloud, I didn't believe him. I thought it was too trite, a cliche. For the next two journeys he would lead me places and then disappear. Or he would lead me to the edge of something and then not continue with me. When I accepted that his name really was Yellowcloud, this behavior stopped and he resumed his helpful guiding.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #56
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

I think the native americans were probably the elders of this world with there spiritual beliefs and healing methods this was why they were persecuted by the powers that have taken a hold.
I always said if i ever got a chance i would definately live on an native american reservation, but i fear today i expect they don't really exist other than for tourism etc.
But what a wonderful experience that would be
I feel they could tell me so much, tell me who i really am and what my purpose on this life cycle is
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #57
Martian Tigress
Avalon Senior Member

This is a very interesting thread! I've been able to communicate (through meditation) with energies/spirits for a long time, but I got a real education in energy-communication 4 years ago after my husband of 22 years passed away. I didn't see him right away, but within about a month of his passing, I became very aware of an energy-silhouette that would spontaneously show up on my left side. Even though I could not directly discern features, I knew it was my husband because of the way the shape would stand, its height, etc. It was kind of a shadow-shape, surrounded by what looked like the blue discharge-aura one sees in Kirlian photography.

Anyway, the shape would just kind of spontaneously appear in my mind's eye at least once a day, and it was vivid enough that it would interrupt whatever I was thinking about or doing. I would stop and take a moment to mentally acknowledge the shape and where it was standing, which was always just off to my left. After about three weeks of this, I started to wonder why my late husband's energy was always standing on my left side and never directly in front of me, or to my right. Then I had a sudden 'Aha!' moment, and I realized that the reason he was appearing to my left was that because in life, he was left-handed (and was always very proud of it). I finally understood that he wanted me to know it was really him, and not just me 'imagining things' out of grief, so he always came in to my left to make sure I got the hint.

I also had a hilarious thing happen when I started experimenting with the healing properties of solfeggio tones. I downloaded six nice tracks off the Internet which had each tone backed up by synthesizer harmonies. Each track was between 7 and 8 minutes long, and after listening to a couple, I began to get seriously annoyed with the 'steady whine' of the tones. I decided I would keep listening, but that I'd get up from in front of the computer and go wash a few dishes in the kitchen, thinking that maybe a bit of distance would make the tones less strident.

To make a long story short, after about 15 minutes, I decided that I finally didn't mind the tone I was listening to, and I was really starting to enjoy the subtle harmonies that the synthesizer was making with the tone. The only problem was that the track was only 7 and a half minutes long, and had stopped playing nearly 8 minutes before. What it was that I was 'listening to' for that 8 minutes I have no idea, but it sounded for all the world exactly like the track I had been playing. I was still 'hearing' the tone when I sat back down at the computer and replayed the track, discovering in the process that I was in fact hearing the same solfeggio tone that was on the track.

I've come to the conclusion that the Cosmos we live in is a really interesting and strange place, and that there are some very amazing things to be experienced if one lets go of the various cultural definitions of 'normal'...

Peace,

Martian Tigress
Martian Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #58
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Experiences with nature spirits

Before my grandfather passed on, my grnadmother dreamt of seeing him come to her and sit down. He spoke of having to "go" and my gran was shocked and then angered with him. He said it was time to leave her and that he wouldnt be too far away. She awoke from this dream and woke him up saying - your not going to leave me are you? He (looking confused) ensured her that he would never leave her. A few weeks later he died.

! was born 3 weeks later and my gran spent alot of time with me, it helped her to cope. Soon after this she had another dream in which she was on holiday with me and my parents. We where all in a caravan. There was aknock at the door and my grandfather entered. My gran asked him what he was doing here? He told her that he had just come to see we where ok and he spent alot of time looking at me and smiling. When she aske him if he could stay for awhile he replied no. He told my gran that he couldnt stay long and left shortly afterwards.

Later that same year, my gran joined us onmy first holiday along the easten coast. When she saw the caravan she felt a shiver go down her spine! It was exactly as she had seen in her dream. My granfather never turned up but left her with a message that he was around us.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #59
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Wonderful! Glad to see this thread back up and active. Thanks, Tigress; thanks, Macros!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #60
Wildfire
Avalon Senior Member

Default Fairies from my book WILDFIRE

WILDFIRE FAIRIES

When I was three and a half years old, I lived next to a very old couple who let me play at the end of their garden; it was connected to our garden by a small wooden gate.
One day, the old woman, told me to go and talk to the fairies at the end of the garden. I obeyed and went to find the fairies. I remember sitting down and asking a fairy to appear.
I saw a very small pale blue fairy; it appeared in front of me. I honestly cannot remember what we talked about but I was delighted. I ran home quickly, to tell my mum and my older sister, Dee that I had just seen and spoken to a little blue fairy with very small wings.
However, no one believed me. I was told that there weren’t really fairies. This deeply puzzled me, as I had just spoken to one. I remember telling my nursery school teacher the next day, who again told me that fairies are only in fairy stories. I thought, well I can see the fairies, even if nobody else can.
I repeatedly tried to see the fairy again, but she never turned up. I decided then and there, the next time, I see a fairy. I am not going to tell anyone. As I knew that, the doubt put in my mind had broken the connection. I believed in fairies, because I had seen and spoken to one as a small child. We did reconnect many years later. She is a spirit guide of mine.

so if your kid tells you they can see fairies tell them how lucky they are ha ha

Last edited by Wildfire; 09-25-2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: missed out a y
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:20 AM   #61
Martian Tigress
Avalon Senior Member

Wildfire--

Loved your Blue Fairy Story! It is so wonderful that you regained your connection with her, too.

When I was in kindergarten (back in the early 1950's), I drew pictures of 'black stars that you couldn't see' (this was way before the public ever heard of such a thing as a 'black hole') and when I drew a picture of the house I was living in, I drew this thing next to it that looked like a Tibetan offering-torma (I figured out what it was that I had drawn at about age 30, when I had my first brush with Tibetan Buddhism). When my teacher asked me what that 'thing next to the house' was, I told her it was my 'Chinese Spirit Tree'. I got the standard 'My, what a vivid imagination you have!' response. Sadly, it never occurred to any of the adults around me that I might be telling them truths about where I had been prior to the life I'm living now.

I think we'd be a lot further along spiritually if folks stopped rubbishing/repackaging children's visions as 'overactive imagination', and making kids turn their backs on all the wonderful insights they have, just so the parents can feel 'normal' (whatever that is)...

Peace,

Martian Tigress
Martian Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:56 AM   #62
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Had an odd experience just this evening...oh heck, by now I know better than to call it odd.

I was sitting on the patio, enjoying a cigarette with my wife, and we were talking quietly and enjoying the evening. It was just getting dark. I have many plants sitting around, and part of the patio is enclosed in redwood lattice, so it's quite cozy and has the feel of a mini-jungle. Now and then a neighbor will walk their little dog out back of the building, and I can see them through the lattice.

As we were talking, I clearly saw a man step around the corner of the building and walk toward the lawn. I even heard a slight jingle like a dog collar or perhaps some keys. I thought it was my neighbor Paul, and I started to say hello when I looked again and realized there was no one there. I got up and peered out around the patio rail, and there was simply no one there at all.

Not twenty minutes later, we were back at our computers, and Kaye called out asking where I was. She'd just clearly heard a man's voice just outside on the patio, and it scared her a little. She thought it said, "Hello? Anyone there?" or possibly "Hello? Are you there?"

A few years ago I was bringing our dog back into the building after a walk rather late on a winter night. There was some fog about. As I was climbing the steps to the front door of my building, I saw a man come down the sidewalk. He was wearing a tan jacket and a kind of vintage-looking hat on his head, a fedora or something. I turned to say hello, and did a double-take when I realized he only existed from the waist up - and in the same instant he simply vanished.

Since I have lived in this location I've seen ghosts several times, shadow people many times, elementals countless times, and things I can't even describe a couple of times.

Last edited by whitecrow; 09-25-2008 at 07:04 AM.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:17 AM   #63
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian Tigress View Post
I think we'd be a lot further along spiritually if folks stopped rubbishing/repackaging children's visions as 'overactive imagination', and making kids turn their backs on all the wonderful insights they have, just so the parents can feel 'normal' (whatever that is)...

One more story before I call it a night...on this thread I could tell many.

In the summer of 1995 my daughter was two-and-a-half years old. One night I heard her crying, and when I went into the bedroom she told me she had had a bad dream. I lay down next to her to soothe her and asker her to tell me about it. What she told me made my hair stand up. Later, I filled three pages with notes on what she said. I haven't been able to find those notes for years, but here is the gist.

She talked about a previous life in a place called Tormonto. From her description I guessed it might have been in Latin America somewhere. She described her house, her friends, and made it clear that she hung out with some very rough characters. The described being in a fiery car crash...described the car (blue and primer gray)...the ambulance...the doctors in the emergency room...and then she said: "And then, daddy, I rose up in the air like a balloon, and then I came here."

There were details in this story I will never believe could be made up by a two-year-old. By the time she was six she'd forgotten Tormonto completely. I know this isn't strictly a "nature spirits" story, but it serves as another illustration of how the things we think we know turn out to be something else.

Elementals and nature spirits? Not just yes but my oh yes! Faerie? You bet. Life is what every locus in the matrix has in common.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #64
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

You have some truly interesting tales people!

Lets keep sharing them. Let this be a place to get those -"
[COLOR="Cyan"]why did that happen?" [/COLOR]- off our chests.

Thanks to all who contribute.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:28 PM   #65
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

I LOVE these stories! WhiteCrow, that story of your daughter made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, too! But isn't that such a HOPEFUL story? That's what happens ... you rise up like a balloon and then you are somewhere else. Beautiful!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #66
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Can our pets be also our animal guides?

I ask this after talking to my aunt about this thread. Appox 18 years ago she woke up to find what she thought was her pet yorkshire terrier sat on the bedroom carpet looking at her. In the dim light she could make out his pointed ears(although they looked milky white) and hair on its head. She reached out to stroke its? head and then remembered that he was on the landing and not in the room. She freaked out and ran out of the room. A short time later with the lights on she found the dog in the hall and nothing was found in the bedroom when she reopened the door.

Around the age of 14 i stayed over in the same house and woke up at around 1:30am-2:00am. The dog would have been around 12 years old and was with me in the room. Laying on my back i stretched, yawnied etc and felt something odd at the end of the bed. At first I thought it was the dog and was concerned about disturbing him - so I looked at what was there. At first in the darkness i could see nothing but fuzzyness etc. Then as my eyes acclimatised to the darkness I began to see the radiator on the wall, the wallpaper and a small, dark shadow exactly where i felt the pressure on the bed. I wasnt feeling any fear which upon reflecting later left me puzzled about the nighttime visitor. The shadow seemed to get closer or become more clearer and it revealed its pointed ears and messy hair. It had two small circular blackish eyes, small nose and mouth. It wasnt on the bed but leaning against it with its hands which where hidden in the duvet. I stared at it and it did the same back, after which it began to fade or rather the darkness took its place. I turned on to my side thinking it was the dog only to find him alseep at my side.

Looking back on this, could it have been an animal guide or something else? It did look similar to the pet but its ears seemed different in colour. Anyone got any ideas?
Old 09-25-2008, 09:00 PM   #67
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Whitecrow your experiences make great reading. Have you ever thought that you have an ability that these events are coaxing or fine tuning within you?
Old 09-25-2008, 10:44 PM   #68
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

I have found this, please read it and tell us all what ou think.

The fairies didn’t leave, of course. What happened was that people stopped being able to see them; and to see them you have to be able to see without looking. The technique I practised is similar to that required to see the hidden holographic images in Magic Eye pictures. It involves detaching the vision from the object by focusing beyond it and allowing the mind to rest. On a pitch black, moonless night, the aim is not to frantically look for the path ahead but to defocus the eyes and wait for the vague shapes of things to emerge. Rest long and patiently enough and the rocks, trees and hedges will slowly reveal themselves and a slow but safe progress can be made home. This surely goes some way to explaining the disappearance of the elves in the modern age. The world is filled with noise, artificial light and activity which stimulate the senses rather than allowing them to rest – the very opposite of the state required for such seeing. Stumbling upon nature spirits by accident is a common occurrence in folklore, especially during journeys home at the end of the day, and the person often feels that he or she has intruded upon the scene. Opportunities for such encounters simply do not exist as they once did. After months of practice of what I thought was simple meditation, and with no clear aim, the first encounter happened. It was a mild summer evening in the garden of a house where a stream flowed from a forested hillside. Suddenly there was a soft, silvery light and a procession of little figures led by a faun walked up the bank from the stream. The faun was small – about 3ft (90cm) tall – and seemed pleased with himself. I saw short legs strutting with pride and heard tiny hooves clip-clopping on the paving stones. He had horns too, about 6in (15cm) long, and a wrinkled face. He could have come straight out of a book of fairy tales or myths. The little faun brushed past me and I panicked and ran back to the house where I was hugely relieved to find the television on and the news reporting a meeting of European Union heads of state. This is reality, I remember deciding, while only barely able to suppress my excitement. What if? What if? There was one way to settle the matter – ask my partner, Peter, if he could see them too. And he did, and he seemed equally shocked as he described a little creature that was definitely male and had horns, shaggy legs and hooves. It had been fussing about down by the stream and appeared quite agitated, Peter said, as if some kind of male rivalry issue had been involved. There had been other little beings there too, but they weren’t clear enough to see properly. This was just the beginning, and more encounters followed, which in our head-spinning excitement we did everything to encourage. We left oats and milk out for them because this was supposed to be traditional in the West Highlands; Peter played his bagpipes for them while I banged away at a hand held drum or bodhran; and we built a little shrine beside the stream in honour of them. The aim was to build many more at strategic places all over the island, but we only managed three more. A little elf boy soon turned up and started coming into the house. I remember standing in the sitting room while a small figure dressed in mottled greens and browns looked up at me with an expression of sinister mirth. If he had been a child, his height would have put him at around six years old, but he bore no resemblance to any child I have ever met. His face, which was unusually long and well defined, seemed the face of one who had lived for a thousand years. The first indication that we were meddling in matters beyond our experience and knowledge came when I followed a second procession of nature spirits along the stream. These were very tall and slender and seemed to move without moving. They were dressed in wildly striped clothes of browns and greens, which was why I called them ‘stripies’, and had lots of dull greyish hair. Also in the procession were a number of chattering and dancing imps in bright green who pulled me along while offering me clothes like the stripies’ which I wouldn’t put on, although I’m not sure why. We were soon inside a hall which looked as if it had been hewn out of rock. There was a long table where preparations for a meal had been made. Again the imps tried to make me change my clothes but I refused. The stripies stood very still, as if in anticipation. Perhaps they were waiting to see if I would sit at their table, which I couldn’t bring myself to do. Then I heard the words: “You are the first person to come this way for 200 years. Come and be with us.” At that I turned away and found myself back at the stream. My impression was that there was nothing in the stripies to ‘connect with’, that there was something ‘absent’ about them and an emptiness in their languorous, dreamy air. My impulse was not to linger in their presence or at their table. I might forget too much, too quickly. Traditional folklore makes it clear that it is dangerous to meddle with the faerie folk. People who stray inadvertently into Faery land rarely return unscathed, if they return at all. The grandmothers must have known more than they realised when they whispered that the oddball of the neighbourhood was ‘away with the fairies’. Perhaps he or she had wandered too far into the hillside one day and never properly returned.

Peter then reported that he too had been asked to go and be with them, and this prompted a serious discussion as to whether we had been rash in encouraging the encounters and ought to pull back. This we tried to do, although it took some effort. We dismantled the shrines and avoided going near the stream, but every so often came the desire to walk in the forest in the hope of catching just one more glimpse
On one such walk I heard a strange singing and found out later that there were others who had heard singing in the forest. I also saw the ‘fairy lights’ reported by some of the older people on the island, which appeared as balls of light and hovered on the air before shooting off at great speed to disappear among the distant trees. They were small, about 4 or 6 in (10-15cm) in diameter, and very bright. They made no sound but sometimes made little dances in the air before flying away. When early autumn came I caught sight of another group, which I called the ‘stiks’ because they looked like trees that have been stripped of their leaves and left stark and bare. They weren’t friendly at all and I remember that several of them came and stood around me, willing me to leave. I didn’t linger, not after they said: “Why are you here? This is no place for you.” And when the late autumn came another group appeared which I dubbed the ‘misties’. A visitor to a late autumn forest might find him or herself in a place where the mist seems colder and denser than before, where it barely drifts on the air and where the way forward might be obscured for a while. That is where the misties will be, and their presence might induce a mild rush of fear and stumbling. But to me they gave the impression of being neither friendly nor hostile, their effect being only to confuse temporarily. Since then I have caught only occasional glimpses of the nature spirits, among the potted plants on a friend’s balcony overlooking a busy London street, or in a city park. Wherever nature is, so are they, our unacknowledged fellow citizens. And yet in the modern age they have all but disappeared from view, their invisibility a consequence of both the prevailing materialist and scientific worldview and the bad press they have received. Yet they go about their business as ever. Considering my desire to end the encounters, and the fact that we dismantled the shrines, it may seem a little odd to be proposing a set-aside policy for elves. (see panel above). But the idea is to challenge the situation in which the natural world is either ruthlessly exploited or else managed beyond recognition. ‘Set Aside for Elves’ would mean leaving nature, and the nature spirits, alone. The irony is that forestry plantations are man-made and yet because they are untouched after planting, nature is able to create within them something that is almost beyond the imagination, and in no longer than the span of a generation.Nature has no obligation to us, but we have an obligation to nature. We are obliged to consider the consequences of our actions, nature isn’t. We need forests but forests don’t need us. Fish need clean rivers and rivers need fish. We need clean rivers but rivers don’t need us. The best offering we could make to the natural world would be to allow nature to take its course.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:08 PM   #69
SkyWatcher
Avalon Senior Member

What a fun thread.
So, I'll jump right in. We too have faries. Since I am an organic gardener, they like to congregate in our yard, as opposed to the other yards. We have an old tree stump out back that my daughter and I put honey, milk and chocolate on for the fairies. Rachel (my daughter) can see the fairies, but she cannot yet hear them. We have many fairies in the house during the winter. Rachel has a fairy table in her bedroom with little beds, etc. for her "little ladies."

Rachel is a very spiritual crystal child. She has been known to hatch dragons in her bedroom. (I always tell them no fire please). Life is very interesting with her around.

One evening after dinner, my husband, son and I were still sitting at the table, when we heard Rachel talking to someone. When we asked her who she was talking to she said, "A little girl, she's three years old and her name is Theresa. She told me she got very sick. Theresa followed Rachel into the bathroom and wanted to play with the bottles and things. Rachel told her that should could't tough the bottles, so Theresa told her that she was going to go find her mommy. Rachel then told me that Theresa walked through the wall and left the house. (Our house is about 95 years old)." We haven't seen Theresa since, so we hope she found her way back to her Mom.

Nancy
SkyWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:14 AM   #70
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

I'm sure there are fairies where I am, but I can't see them. It's just that many times I look quickly at something and it looks like something else ... like an old stump out back that if I look quickly I would swear there was an animal sitting there. Maybe I'll go out at night and see if I can see some fairies!

There is a small town in the middle of North Carolina, not a town anyone knows. It's an old town that hasn't gotten all modernized and grown out of control like a lot of places. My cousin lives there. In visiting her this summer, we walked around some residential neighborhoods which have old and new houses, both. What struck me about this town is that on every lot with a house, a patch of old trees and wild natural land has been left and not "cleaned up." Raccoons, possums, deer, foxes, squirrels, rabbits, birds visit the back yards right in the middle of town. It's a beautiful town, got a great spirit to it. And now I'm thinking there are probably lots of fairies there!
Old 09-26-2008, 02:25 AM   #71
Cookie
Avalon Senior Member

I've had a few experiences with elementals... some good and some kind of scary.. I had this 'thing' that was in my basement... I only saw it once but felt its presence watching me many times.. I had to do a pure light visualization and sea salt to get rid of it. This is what it looked like : about the size of a medium size dog. Looked more like the shape of a cat tho. It appeared to be made out of pitch black shadow and I couldn't make out any features. It was laying on a furnace pipe watching me fold laundry... creepy as hell..

The good experiences were all outside in the woods behind my house while meditating.. gifted with beautiful white feathers..
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:18 AM   #72
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Open Eyes raises a question. If anybody has any ideas, I'd be curious to hear them, because I have similar experiences with what seem to be very fleeting small dark shapes. My mind immediately tries to think what they look like, and they are sort of as she describes, dark, medium sized dog or cat-like, some smaller. Mine are usually low to the ground. I don't think I've ever seen them up high, and they don't really watch me. It's more like just a fleeting impression of a dark-colored thing. I don't get any emotional tone at all from them and they don't scare me. Any ideas?
Old 09-26-2008, 06:48 PM   #73
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

I have always loved the woodland for there is always a hidden sense of magic. This adds to the beauty of it all. We must hav all come to a point along a dirt track deep within the forest and just stopped and sensed something is there. I also find it so special to sit by a stream and take in the atmosphere or find a clearing deep and hidden surrounded by trees. I always sense something there, something present, something hidden.

The shadowy dog like entity i saw eminated no melevolence, it just watched me and then faded away. The one my aunt saw also seemed of a positive nature - so what where they? They have never returned into our lifes.

Do ghosts, fairies etc utilise the same vibrational frequency/plane to appear sold in our world? There was a british dowser who used the pendulum - Tom Lethbridge - who visited haunted sites - not just houses. He noticed that there was running water in some form either under or on ground where ever one felt uneasy or saw something odd. Later in his life he came to the conclusion that water can store memories and emotion and trigger these events when someone walks near or over it. He used a system of measuring the length of string used with his pendulum and tested different objects for a response. In places that held a feeling of dread, fear, anger etc -his pendulum would only respond at 40 inches. He also tried this method on him self after having a hard day and used the pendulum over objects he had used - i.e. a pen. He only got a swinging movement at around 40inches. The following days showed that the length needed reducing - like the negative attachment was fading. This guy had a very interesting life, had a witch as a neighbour and also discovered what could be other realms or dimensions that responded to his pendulum. He wrote many books on all this and i may try and find some to buy one day.

Have fun.

Mark
Old 09-26-2008, 11:39 PM   #74
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrostheblack View Post
Whitecrow your experiences make great reading. Have you ever thought that you have an ability that these events are coaxing or fine tuning within you?

Heck yeah! It sure ain't for my entertainment.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:15 AM   #75
Birdwoman
Avalon Senior Member

When I was six years old, I was in bed for months with rheumatic fever. Every afternoon when I was supposed to be napping, these tiny elves or "brownies" as they called themselves, only 5 or 6 inches high, would appear in my room on top of the curtain rods over the windows, and sing, play music and dance for me.

After I grew up, I found rings of mushrooms under very old, large trees where the fairies danced at night under the full moon. I could also see them in gardens and fields of wild flowers, but soon they only appeared to me as small lights floating among the plants and blossoms.
Since living in Idaho, I ask the nature spirits for certain plants or trees that I want, and they bring them to me..... they just start growing in my yard, or across the street on the canal banks, or a neighbor shows up and wants to trade them for some of my plants.

I'm a great-grandmother of 6 now, but I can still see the nature spirits if I look in a certain way.... using my peripheral vision and feeling love in my heart.
Hugs, Marilyn La Croix

Last edited by Birdwoman; 09-27-2008 at 04:24 AM.
Birdwoman is offline   Reply With Quote