Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #26
Suriel

Wink Re: Is there a spiritual war going on in Avalon?

When you battle others, you are battling yourself. Beliefs, perspectives, conceptual ideas, are anchors for sanity in a chaotic world. Expression leads to exploration and confrontation leads to more learning. Growth from within reaches out. Then you take in what evolves another perspective.

Peace,
Suriel

Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #27
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is there a spiritual war going on in Avalon?

and, so, Welcome to the Winning Side!

[Handbook for the New Paradigm]
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #28
Whitewolf

There is a spiritual war taking place throughout the cosmos. Planet earth is part of this battle...a microcosm of it, and Avalon is a tinier part of this microcosm. I personally believe that there are demons who've incarnated into physical bodies and are part of the plan to establish the rule of darkness throughout the earth. They work for the global elite. The powers of Light are equally battle-ready as we get nearer to the point of no return. Is there a spiritual war taking place? It would be foolish to not believe it.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:33 PM   #29
freespirit
Avalon Senior Member

sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me

freespirit
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:06 PM   #30
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

I don't have war with anybody here so I don't know what you're talking about.
Maybe some birthspasms but that's all.
Nothing a good team of moderators can't handle. (if you understand what I mean!!!!)
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #31
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Empty your mind of all thoughts.
Let your heart be at peace.
Watch the turmoil of beings,
but contemplate their return.
Each separate being in the universe
returns to the common source.
Returning to the source is serenity.

Tracey Besmark

Kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:28 AM   #32
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Empty your mind of all thoughts.
Let your heart be at peace.
Watch the turmoil of beings,
but contemplate their return.
Each separate being in the universe
returns to the common source.
Returning to the source is serenity.

Tracey Besmark

Kindness
mudra
To surf on this thought, and each separate being search it's uniqueness, and uniqueness is only reachable by separation, not by inclusion. Separation is source of fundamental suffering, but in a greater point of view, we are not apart from the source. It's like fluid. It's in us, we're in it. The balance comes in the fact that in Uniqueness we express life in a personal way, precious to the Creator.

Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:52 AM   #33
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ryan View Post
Yes, there is.
Indeed there is.

But have no fear. I am determined in the end to conquer the pettiness of politics and make amends with fellow spiritual warriors here.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:53 AM   #34
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
When you battle others, you are battling yourself. Beliefs, perspectives, conceptual ideas, are anchors for sanity in a chaotic world. Expression leads to exploration and confrontation leads to more learning. Growth from within reaches out. Then you take in what evolves another perspective.

Peace,
Suriel

Happy Thanksgiving!

What if you are not battling others, but rather a force?

I believe that we can defeat hatred using love. Call me naive, but in the end, I have no fear.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:17 AM   #35
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
What if you are not battling others, but rather a force?

I believe that we can defeat hatred using love. Call me naive, but in the end, I have no fear.
What is that force?
And is battling it the same as being a rock, trying to battle a river, by throwing itself into it?

I used to agree totally, Janitor, I used to think that all it took was love. I do adore me some good love..

However, I am finding that once I label something, be it love or hate, I have given power to not only that thing, but also it's opposite.
They exist on the same stick, although polar ends of it, making it unclear as to which is which or if they are even different outside of their man made names.

What if, we observe life unconditionally, with no emotional attachment such as love or hate..what then?
What if, we are that force that we battle, by labeling and thinking everything is or must be known?
What if, in an objective, neutral place, we realize we are the force and that surrendering to it, is all that is necessary to harmonize?

The mind wants to compete, to challenge, the mind wants to identify & think that it knows, the mind thinks in terms of becoming, as if now isn't enough..

What if the real beauty of oneness, beyond the egos, beyond time, is in the humility of uncertainty?

War is desire. War is fear. War is insecurity and shame and belief.

And they are all illusions that house the man in his mind, away from his highest vibration, that river that flows regardless of the rocks, without consequence.

What we know of love, probably pales in comparison to it's enormous, unfixed truth.
Can we be okay emotionally, psychologically, spiritually, where the unknown is what is?
I have a feeling there is no war there.

Peace~
CW
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:21 AM   #36
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlewerk View Post
What is that force?
And is battling it the same as being a rock, trying to battle a river, by throwing itself into it?

I used to agree totally, Janitor, I used to think that all it took was love. I do adore me some good love..

However, I am finding that once I label something, be it love or hate, I have given power to not only that thing, but also it's opposite.
They exist on the same stick, although polar ends of it, making it unclear as to which is which or if they are even different outside of their man made names.

What if, we observe life unconditionally, with no emotional attachment such as love or hate..what then?
What if, we are that force that we battle, by labeling and thinking everything is or must be known?
What if, in an objective, neutral place, we realize we are the force and that surrendering to it, is all that is necessary to harmonize?

The mind wants to compete, to challenge, the mind wants to identify & think that it knows, the mind thinks in terms of becoming, as if now isn't enough..

What if the real beauty of oneness, beyond the egos, beyond time, is in the humility of uncertainty?

And they are all illusions that house the man in his mind, away from his highest vibration, that river that flows regardless of the rocks, without consequence.

What we know of love, probably pales in comparison to it's enormous, unfixed truth.
Can we be okay emotionally, psychologically, spiritually, where the unknown is what is?

Peace~
CW
Thanks. You blew my mind with this response.

Perhaps I have been looking at this the wrong way.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:25 AM   #37
Myplanet2
In The Mists

blown mind? check the fuses.

But seriously, epic answer, Circlework. nothing to add to that.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:17 AM   #38
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Anyone ever heard of the elders. Desmond Tutu is the heart of this foundation. What it takes to make peace is love compassion and forgiveness. We as parents know all too well that children often deviate and commit mistakes but you don't stop loving your chidren because they have commited horrendous mistakes, in whatever manner shape or form. The heart of a parent loves unconditionally. This wisdom was shown by Mandela and Tutu in dealing with the oppresors in SA. No one in the history of mankind had done this before. Paraphrasing Tutu," humans are good in getting into trouble by the same token they are always looking for solutions to getting themselves out of the messes they create." He use apartheid as the prime example. http://theelders.org/
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #39
Dusty Nothing
Avalon Senior Member

The spiritual war has existed for a very long time, but I don't think you can compare that to the few problems here on avalon, I for one don't have any problems with it, I believe most people on this forum are good people who are on their own spiritual journey, their radical attitudes way seem harsh to those who may have a more enlightened perspective, But looking back I remember a time when I may have been considered by some to be a fear mongerer, all of this information may be totally new and exiting to some and the way they react to it can sometimes be a shock to their system. Be patient with those who still act by their egos, for we all do from time to time.
Dusty Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #40
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

Some great posts here.

I think the 'war' or 'conflict' ['words', eh!] is not so much within 'Avalon' the
structure/org or the sometimes mean and riling posts, but between 'us' and the forces who are trying to disrupt what we represent.

I think it is to be expected If what we are involved in is real.
Which it is.

It works for a bit [the disruption], but then we start working
around it, and so on and so on.

We are flexible, 'they' are not.

This place has been [and will continue to be]
a Crucible for many great new things that will
go off and have multiplications and bifurcations of their own.

Pebble, Pond, Ripple.......................Wave.......

And for this, I want to massively thank ALL involved in the conception
and running of this place, and this whole idea.

Welcome to the winning side!

A brilliant poem If I may;
__________________________________________________ _________

INVICTUS

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

* by William Ernest Henley (1849-1903) ,
\_______________________________________

Peace be upon you all.
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #41
msv
Avalon Senior Member

The battle that I see happening is that the "elders" are stepping up to the plate to take back their long lost authority and planetary guidance after generations of damage by younger souls whose need for power, dominance, greed, division, etc have left a wasteland physically, mentally and spiritually in desparate need of restoration. Young souls aren't happy about it ...good! It has been so painful to sit back for over 50 years and watch all this happening and be powerless to do anything about it. I though the Cuban crisis was the doorway to restoring balance, then the hippies and after that it felt all was lost, but here we are on the threashold of that restoration of balance and authority back where it should be with the sto "elders".
msv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #42
sleepingnomore

Love is indeed a powerful force but it will not neutralise the threat of all other forces. A force can be transformed if it cooperates. Some forces need to be dissapated. Food for thought.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #43
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Spiritual war is not possible.
You can make war on people who are endevouring to be spiritual but war is an imposability between two truly spiritual people or groups or whatever as the main principals are love and forgivness

Spiritual truth does not need to be justified or defended it just is -- absolute.
Bravo!

LOVELOVELOVE,
C
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #44
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Thumbs up Re: Is there a spiritual war going on in Avalon?

Having the courage to step into enemy territory with the heart of love and forgiveness is not welcome but when found to be genuine it melts the hearts of your worse enemy. I seem Iraelis and Palistanies embracing each other with genuine love, knowing that hate and revenge is not the way. Few can forgive the enemy let alone learn to love your opressor. As Mandela and Tutu taught us this heart melt the hate and mended the wounded hearts of a whole country.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #45
efields
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Is there a spiritual war going on in Avalon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
Thanks. You blew my mind with this response.

Perhaps I have been looking at this the wrong way.
Yeah he definitely nailed it..

The what are called the negative responses are really always out best friends. They are showing us where we are still asleep. It something brings us out of our bliss it shows us we need to give attention to the response that this 'barb' was able to 'move' us. Thus the need to respond to attack shows us areas we are still asleep. We have areas of ignorance in our own consciousness that need awakening for surely there is no response that should have the power to move us from our center of Bliss. So all 'upsetting' energies are our best friends as they offer the opportunity for us to Grow past the faulty response that would cause us to 'argue' the position at all.

Whenever we are suffering, we are asleep. It our task to awaken. When we come across a challenge that upsets us, and makes us unhappy or we perceive that we are injured, we have 'forgotten ' our true nature . We have lapsed into the condition of 'sleep'. 95% of the collective is asleep most of the time. How does one know they are asleep? They 'suffer'. When we suffer we have been given a great gift. We have been shown an area of our being that has 'forgotten', and needs to be brought to awareness. Thus awakened the pain is transformed to Love with our awareness and we become a more powerful light to shine on the 'forgetting' of the world. Our job in this incarnation is to remain Awake as much as possible. This has been termed Enlightenment. How does one know if they have achieved Enlightenment? They have ceased 'suffering'. This the great need of this world. To have the collective Awaken. To have awareness. To cease the needless suffering that ensues as they are sleeping... ...

Last edited by efields; 11-29-2008 at 12:24 AM.
efields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:28 AM   #46
efields
Avalon Senior Member

It would be great if we could awaken before the harvest. To have as many wake up before that is our greatest goal and importance.

Last edited by efields; 11-29-2008 at 12:41 AM.
efields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #47
deb003
Avalon Senior Member

Sorry, I mean this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfYMI97ksdg
deb003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:09 AM   #48
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlewerk View Post
What is that force?

Peace~
CW

My gods, woman.
As if I could have observed you more...
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #49
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

There is no spiritual war here as far as I can see.

Just a large group of spiritual people.

We all have questions and concerns dont we.

Were all here on this site to help, assist and heal.

Macros
macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:22 AM   #50
Machinamentum
Avalon Senior Member

I would like to say that a majority of us here all have something in common, whither you would consider it to be an opposite side or conflicting view. I feel that if your on this forum, we all share a common idea or feeling. Somewhere along the line we all encounter experiences separate from one another. Paradigms are many and we all have free will.

So we all need to share a common respect amongst our self's. To be able to comprehend most any valid argument here and debate it means, somewhere you need it one way or another from whom ever that may be.

Resistance is sometimes necessary to strengthen your personal spirituality. If you feel like your loosing a debate think about it (you only want to better yourself and have joy) you can't be stable with broken ideas.

Which brings me to another point.

I've sacrificed far far far more that 12 Mother Fu#kn dollars a year to get my ideas out to people, to teach and empower, to the best of my ability and for people who need it the most.

I am not in any way trying to defend the complete idiots.
Machinamentum is offline   Reply With Quote