Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Books, Videos, Articles, etc.

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 04:50 AM   #1
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Important Mass Manipulation Video!!

Please watch this four part BBC documentary video entitled 'The Century of the Self':

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...tury+of+&dur=3

It chronicles the effect of Sigmund Freud, Edward Bernays, and others on marketing, mass manipulation, and politics...based upon the theory that the masses are dangerously irrational...and must be manipulated and controlled. This documentary should be viewed before researching the New World Order. Kathleen(in a comment) and Antaletriangle(as a thread which seems to not show up in a search) have previously posted links to this video. I thought it was too important to be buried or ignored. It contains foundational information.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 04-01-2009 at 10:21 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Important Mass Manipulation Video!!

Yeah i posted this in january-it's easy for videos to get lost on here ain't it?lol.Freud etc. it's quite interesting. http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...hlight=century
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

When I enter 'Century of the Self' in the search field...your thread doesn't appear. I also noticed that there were no comments on your thread. This video is too important to be ignored. But once again...if it's not a thread about the latest ufo flap or alien sighting...or something really exotic...there seems to be very little interest. Perhaps this supports one of the basic theories within the video...that just giving the people the facts, or telling them the truth, doesn't work...that they must be manipulated and controlled by philosophies, entertainment, and products which gratify the self...and produce the results desired by the elites. In other words:
'Give 'em what they want. Tell 'em what they want to hear. And lead 'em down the primrose path by the hooks in their noses'.
Sheesh! Now I'm starting to sound like one of them!

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 04-01-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
vipassana
Avalon Senior Member

I would also recommend this documentary.

See also this thread http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12504 about the Tavistock Institue who utilised Freud's theories. Frued was the First Director.

Dominant mainstream Psychology comes under "Big Business Science".

In the UK in July 1995 the Conservative Government put the Department of Science and Technology into the Department of Trade! (cited on page 139 of Issues for Social Psychology by Roger Sapsford, The Open University)
vipassana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

vipassana: Thank-you for your link to the other thread. The material posted is very applicable to the subject video on this thread. Compartmentalization seems to be used to limit and control people. Multidisciplinarianism(is that a word?) should be the foundation of education. Everything is related to everything...so we need to know everything about everything to know everything about anything. This is Comprehensive Concentration. Did I miss anything?

If, as Freud believed, human beings are filled with dangerously irrational forces, and cannot be trusted to make correct decisions...and hence must be ruled by the elites...ARE NOT THE ELITES FILLED WITH THESE SAME DANGEROUSLY IRRATIONAL FORCES...BUT WITHOUT OVERSIGHT OR DISCIPLINE BY WE THE PEOPLE? ISN'T THIS MORE DANGEROUS THAN THE EXERCISE OF CONSTITUTIONAL RESPONSIBLE FREEDOM BY WE THE PEOPLE? ESPECIALLY IF THE ELITES ARE CONTROLLED BY NON HUMAN ENTITIES MORE DANGEROUSLY IRRATIONAL THAN THEMSELVES?

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 04-01-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #6
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Once again, an important non-glamorous and non-sensational topic is attracting Ninterest. I think I'm going to try to write the great alien novel...write some silly love songs...and do some negative-karma generating investing. I shall return...sometime before 2012.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 04-02-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
vipassana
Avalon Senior Member

Hi orthodoxymoron

"If, as Freud believed, human beings are filled with dangerously irrational forces, and cannot be trusted to make correct decisions...and hence must be ruled by the elites...ARE NOT THE ELITES FILLED WITH THESE SAME DANGEROUSLY IRRATIONAL FORCES...BUT WITHOUT OVERSIGHT OR DISCIPLINE BY WE THE PEOPLE? ISN'T THIS MORE DANGEROUS THAN THE EXERCISE OF CONSTITUTIONAL RESPONSIBLE FREEDOM BY WE THE PEOPLE? ESPECIALLY IF THE ELITES ARE CONTROLLED BY NON HUMAN ENTITIES MORE DANGEROUSLY IRRATIONAL THAN THEMSELVES?"

Here's some interesting things to think about regarding the above. Take a look at the following general stuff about Freud who we could say was an elite in his time!!!

Freud was an early user and proponent of cocaine as a stimulant as well as analgesic and he wrote several articles on the antidepressant qualities of the drug.

Furthermore Freud felt that cocaine would work as a panacea for many disorders and he wrote a well-received paper, "On Coca," explaining its virtues.

In his 1973 book “Sigmund Freud and cocaine” Jurgen von Scheidt speculated that most of Freud's psychoanalytical theory was a byproduct of his cocaine use.

Brief Summary of Freud’s Psychosexual development theory

Freud named the Oedipus complex after the famous Greek tragedy Oedipus Rex by Sophocles.

"I found in myself a constant love for my mother, and jealousy of my father. I now consider this to be a universal event in childhood," Freud said.

Freud sought to anchor this pattern of development in the dynamics of the mind. Each stage is a progression into adult sexual maturity, characterized by a strong ego and the ability to delay gratification. He used the Oedipus conflict to point out how much he believed that people desire incest and must repress that desire. The Oedipus conflict was described as a state of psychosexual development and awareness.

During the late 1890s Freud, who never abandoned his belief in the sexual etiology of neuroses, began to emphasize fantasies built around the Oedipus complex as the primary cause of hysteria and other neurotic symptoms.

Freud also believed that the libido developed in individuals by changing its object, a process codified by the concept of sublimation. He argued that humans are born "polymorphously perverse", meaning that any number of objects could be a source of pleasure. He further argued that, as humans develop, they become fixated on different and specific objects through their stages of development—first in the oral stage (exemplified by an infant's pleasure in nursing), then in the anal stage (exemplified by a toddler's pleasure in evacuating his or her bowels), then in the phallic stage. Freud argued that children then passed through a stage in which they fixated on the mother as a sexual object (the Oedipus Complex) but that the child eventually overcame and repressed this desire because of its taboo nature. (The term 'Electra complex' is sometimes used to refer to such a fixation on the father, although Freud did not advocate its use.) The repressive or dormant latency stage of psychosexual development preceded the sexually mature genital stage of psychosexual development.

Freud's views have sometimes been called phallocentric. This is because, for Freud, the unconscious desires the phallus (penis). Males are afraid of losing their masculinity, symbolized by the phallus, to another male. Females always desire to have a phallus - an unfulfillable desire. Thus boys resent their fathers (fear of castration) and girls desire theirs.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

But once again...if it's not a thread about the latest ufo flap or alien sighting...or something really exotic...there seems to be very little interest. Perhaps this supports one of the basic theories within the video...that just giving the people the facts, or telling them the truth, doesn't work...that they must be manipulated and controlled by philosophies, entertainment, and products which gratify the self...and produce the results desired by the elites.

Hi Orthodoxymoran, I guess I fall into the above category. In self defense, I will tell you that I had bookmarked these videos for future viewing. I have so many others bookmarked that I have yet to view but there are just so many hours in each day. We watched David Icke, two hours worth, yesterday and my husband and I still have part four of the Medici (posted by Antale) to watch and this is one series we particularly enjoyed. My husband will want to watch yours also but I can't comment until we do so. I agree with you wholeheartedly that this series is important.

Many thanks for posting. We'll get to them eventually. That I promise you! I am sure many others here are also interested but again time constraints do interfere.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:43 AM   #9
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

It's hard to be motivated without greed, fear, crisis, etc. I just thought this somewhat dull video contained a huge amount of background information regarding the masses and their rulers. I didn't mean to sound a bit shrill...but I'm very frustrated with the brutality and inhumanity which is seen historically and presently. We don't seem to be learning, or getting closer to getting it right. I don't see the arrival of 2012 as being anything which will magically make us better. Some suggest that there is enslavement and extermination in our future. I don't know. I used to believe that the second coming of Christ would wipe out the bad people and save the select few. I don't believe this at all anymore. It was a sick scenario to begin with. The New Age answers are no doubt intended to be an alternative to churchianity...but I doubt many of the new gurus and teachings. The answers which might save us, and bring us peace, may be very simple and boring. But God knows how many centuries it may take us to recognize and apply these simple and boring solutions?! I see decades, if not centuries, of struggle ahead...if we survive. This is not a popular view. The rulers of us all have huge problems, perplexities, and weaknesses. If I were one of them...I'd probably be doing a worse job. The masses may very well be stupid sheeple...and I am one of them. I simply see Constructive Competition, Positive Response Ability, and Constitutional Responsible Freedom as my answer, at least, to that which ails us. But the acceptance and implementation of these interlocking concepts may never occur to a significant enough degree to get the job done. I'm going to give it a rest for now. I'm sure we'll figure something out...hopefully by 3012!

Freud was a dickhead...and Oedipus was a mother!

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 04-03-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #10
vipassana
Avalon Senior Member

I'm where you're at orthodoxymoron. Who knows what the future will bring? I just live day to day and try and live a good life and consider others. Meditation calms my mind.

With people like Frued having a major influence on how things are run is it any wonder things are as dire as they are. I agree with what you called him.

I can't control what happens on the planet but I can respect and care for mother earth and humanity on an individual basis.