PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on this sighting?

mojo
7th October 2017, 17:21
Well, I guess it could be drone but sure looks good...

Zr6Dxtf5SKo

DeDukshyn
7th October 2017, 18:25
Interesting one.

At first I thought "Oh, that's some bad camera tracking!" which would indicate a clear CGI effort. But there are some things I'm not too sure about.

The guy is clearly reacting to something - something quite often missing from many UFO CGI clips, however, the audio could be overlayed from something else. He does seem to be instructing the woman to find the "camera", while he is shooting the object with a camera ... on closer listen he does say "the other camera!", at one spot which makes more sense - maybe the other camera is better.

What I considered "bad camera tracking" may be a floating effect, where it continuously moves and bobs about while trying to be still ... you can see this even more when it starts to move to the right of the screen.

There are light coloured edges around the object which can sometimes indicate video overlay, however, in this case I think that light edges is caused by the camera built in sharpening filter (almost all cameras have this and the sharpening effect happens by the filter finding edges and increasing their contrast - giving this visual effect).

The object definitely goes behind the tree branches at the right of the screen, hard to see but if you slow the speed down to 1/4 you can see it. This is very hard to do with CGI and most likely if it was, it would be easier to just cut the video before it would appear to go behind the trees, but that did not occur and the object did go behind all those tree branches.

Am I leaning toward "not CGI"? Yes I am, but I am still stuck on the way it moves. To me, this "poor camera tracking" floating effect looks like it is being suspended by moving air ... aka propellers. This would definitely give the floating and slight bobbing effect effect we see. This bobbing effect also to me makes it seem that this object is light and smallish ... Could it be a UFO shaped drone?

Could it be something like this? Z3UYtnjFl_o

A bit inconclusive. It really does look like CGI at first, but I think it really might be an actual object in the scene ... a UFO shaped drone might fit that bill, judging by the way it moves.

Andre
7th October 2017, 23:44
I'm not an expert on these matters, but the "UFO" does behave a bit like a manually controlled domestic drone.

Sunny-side-up
8th October 2017, 11:16
The 2 filming are genuine.

The craft seems like a drone, but who knows nowadays unless you can get a close up, fly over to for scale.

The best Disk shaped craft I've ever seen was just like a cartoon 0.o
Flat bottomed grey disk no details.
It appeared under the clouds virtually over me (About 2 to 3 thousands feet up) And just moved off at speed taking 3 too 4 little smooth jumps in a smooth arch, until despaired over the horizon.
Not a drone and It was massive.