PDA

View Full Version : New deepest-living fish species discovered in Mariana Trench

just gaz
5th December 2017, 16:12
This fish lives 5 miles under the ocean, and the scientist said he saw more fish even deeper.
v4QN2NYdBKI

enigma3
5th December 2017, 17:45
I was in the US Navy from 70 till 73 stationed on a submarine tender in Guam. The tender, amongst other duties, changed out the reactor water from the subs. The reactor water was highly radioactive. The ship went out to sea every 4 months and dumped the reactor water (no good to the Navy anymore) into the Mariana's Trench. This heavy water sank to the bottom of the trench. So, the US Navy, since the 60's, has been severely polluting this unique ecosystem. I'm surprised anything still lives there.

Foxie Loxie
5th December 2017, 19:22
Thanks for the info, enigma3! Who knew?! :facepalm:

Mercedes
6th December 2017, 15:34
I was in the US Navy from 70 till 73 stationed on a submarine tender in Guam. The tender, amongst other duties, changed out the reactor water from the subs. The reactor water was highly radioactive. The ship went out to sea every 4 months and dumped the reactor water (no good to the Navy anymore) into the Mariana's Trench. This heavy water sank to the bottom of the trench. So, the US Navy, since the 60's, has been severely polluting this unique ecosystem. I'm surprised anything still lives there.

How wonderful! Zero accountability.

Flash
6th December 2017, 15:41

How wonderful! Zero accountability.

wow, this should be brought into the public much more - pretty sure they are still doing it with many more ships.

ghostrider
9th December 2017, 16:59
An entire uncharted world is right below us ... Humanity always looks out there, instead of inward ... if science would go deepera great unknown waits down there ...