PDA

View Full Version : You don't know what you've got till it's gone

Bill Ryan
5th January 2011, 10:50
--------

Hi, Folks: I drove for 300 miles yesterday back from Salzburg (visiting friends), through Austria - sunny snowy mountains everywhere. It was staggeringly beautiful. This is a quite extraordinary planet. Few of us take time to fully realize.

It was like a reminder: we cannot just take it all for granted. Like taking someone for granted in a relationship, and then suddenly they're not there any more - you never know what you've got till it's gone.

http://projectavalon.net/Planet_Earth.jpg

Malcolm Linus
5th January 2011, 10:54
So true, Bill. Enjoy it while it lasts, folks, which I hope will be "forever". Gratitude is a great skill to learn. It has the added benefit of bringing more enjoyment of what you already have in life.

morguana
5th January 2011, 10:57
The Beautiful Planet Earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhwrBs96Kgk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhwrBs96Kgk

shes so beautiful and giving, just like a mother should be
:wub:
m

Banshee
5th January 2011, 11:01

yaksuit
5th January 2011, 11:03
as a lateral aside Bill....i really hope that "Charles" will agree to further the dialogue on camera despite the sum total of "feedback" since posting the latest video "Rulers of the world".
this is an opportunity that some people have taken for granted(imo).

cheers Bill, glad you had a chance to recharge your "batteries"...and yes what a beautiful extraordinary planet this is.

Eric J (Viking)
5th January 2011, 11:06
Brilliant ...take those thoughts far and wide...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6Y-NXZmDcxU/TPL3ObUP4WI/AAAAAAAANIs/vRhFWhK-kIo/s1600/Mother+Earth.jpg

Super vid Mogs...great images!!!

viking

morguana
5th January 2011, 11:14
thank you viking :hug:

here is a poem by michael jackson (not a fan of his but this is beautiful)

Planet Earth lyrics

Planet Earth, my home, my place
A capricious anomaly in the sea of space
Planet Earth, are you just
Floating by, a cloud of dust
A minor globe, about to bust
A piece of metal bound to rust
A speck of matter in a mindless void
A lonely spaceship, a large asteroid

Cold as a rock without a hue
Held together with a bit of glue
Something tells me this isn't true
You are my sweetheart, soft and blue
Do you care, have you a part
In the deepest emotions of my own heart
Tender with breezes, caressing and whole
Alive with music, haunting my soul.

In my veins I've felt the mystery
Of corridors of time, books of history
Life songs of ages throbbing in my blood
Have danced the rhythm of the tide and flood
Your misty clouds, your electric storm

Were turbulent tempests in my own form
I've licked the salt, the bitter, the sweet
Of every encounter, of passion, of heat
Your riotous color, your fragrance, your taste
Have thrilled my senses beyond all haste

In your beauty I've known the how
Of timeless bliss, this moment of now.

Planet Earth, are you just
Floating by, a cloud of dust
A minor globe, about to bust
A piece of metal bound to rust
A speck of matter in a mindless void
A lonely spaceship, a large asteroid

Cold as a rock without a hue
Held together with a bit of glue
Something tells me this isn't true
You are my sweetheart, soft and blue
Do you care, have you a part
In the deepest emotions of my own heart
Tender with breezes, caressing and whole
Alive with music, haunting my soul.

Planet Earth, gentle and blue
With all my heart, I love you."

:wub:
m

elysian
5th January 2011, 11:16
Thank you Bill! It is so easy to forget..

Eric J (Viking)
5th January 2011, 11:23
Cheers Mogs...

Very touching...

One of my favourites...a message to humanity...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RdmEU2Zv94

viking

Fractalius
5th January 2011, 11:29
Hi there. Thanks for the memories. I love those journeys and experiences. Remembering a few also reminded me of the following passages. Actually, a few sentences of it in particular, but I will post the whole section of text. if that is ok. Aroha.

Aroha is a Maori term that goes back to Waitaha times. It might be translated as "unconditional love", and it stands for the utmost respect for fellow human beings. You can feel Aroha, when you are invited to enter a Marae. Rituals play an important part in Maori culture, as in the Powhiri, the welcome ceremony. After the challenge, exchange of speeches and Waiata (songs), the Hongi (touching of forehead and nose) signifies the sharing of the same air, the life force, and this seals the generous inclusion into the tribe.

A common ritual at gatherings is the use of the Tokutoku, or talking stick. Whoever holds the stick can speak whatever they want for however long they want. Holding the stick creates the space for everyone hearing each other. This is the prerequisite for peace. Everyone needs to have a say, and what everyone has to say needs to be validated, not necessarily be agreed with, but heard. In spaciousness there is place for everyone. There is no time pressure: "it takes as long as it takes." This is Aroha in action, and we are in the fortunate position in this country that this spirit of Aroha has been kept alive in an unbroken lineage of being passed on from generation to generation.

New Zealand jade, called Pounamu, symbolises Aroha. In the old days it was carried through the land for the purpose of healing. Healing of the land and of people.

"Pounamu is the sacred stone of this land. It is the core to the spirit of this land. Within the great rainbow of the planet, the colour of Aotearoa is green; the colour of healing. The stone of this land is Pounamu, which is often called greenstone. The spirit of this land is Aroha, or love, and the stone embodies that spirit. It is a very special stone. In Waitaha understanding, it is of the stars, Mere Pounamu, the star of many colours. Pounamu is not only green, it can be white, black, blue, green, light green, dark green, or golden. It has many, many colours. No matter what colour, its spirit is always the same. It is the stone of healing; it embodies the spirit of love. When we touch the stone, we touch into the stars, into the beginning of all. All that is, is of the stone, and the stone is all that is. The stone is of the beginning, it endures and is of the end. The stone is of the mountain that stands tall, that falls down into the river, is carried to the oceans, its boulders in the streams, t o finish up at the beaches as sand, to sink deep within the ocean, to be bedded down and become rock again, to be raised again in the future as mountains. So the song of the stone is an enduring one, of all ages. The spirit of Pounamu is the spirit of creation, the lore of the universe. The lore that drives the universe is love. That is the spirit of the stone."

PHARAOH
5th January 2011, 13:06
Kerry must be smiling by now. Thanks for the reminder.

KosmicKat
5th January 2011, 13:08
One of the most important lessons I learned after moving here from the UK; there is always a little bit more to discover right where you are, so don't ever make the mistake of thinking you've exhausted all the opportunities where you are. Keep eyes and ears open, and above all, keep your mind open.

5th January 2011, 13:11
Thanks Bill - a timely reminder, methinks...

Joni agrees...

7agB7jriyUU&feature=fvst

5th January 2011, 14:59
A very important reminder indeed!

I feel it is also important to remember that Earth is as conscious and alive as anything in/of the Infinite. She also listens, feels, and has an active immune system as we do. We are a part of her body, cells in a vast organism, a part of her immune system. As with anything with a strong immune system, for this to be the case, there must be a strong feedback loop established between the body (its consciousness especially), and the cells it is composed of. As Earth feels her cells, her cells need to feel her so there can be a 'dialogue' as it were. We cells must also listen unconditionally so we can know what our purpose in the organism is and to carry out those actions when a 'virus' or 'parasite' attempts to feed off of us. There are many analogies one can ponder but I won't go deeper here for the time being.

Earth will not simply allow herself to be continuously injured. We must listen and act with the focus of a strong immune system :grouphug:

THIRDEYE
5th January 2011, 15:34
my sentiments bill!!!!!!! i have much grattitude for the beauty of this planet....the beauty has always been there...we as a species have forgotten this beauty and not to mention have nearly destroyed most of it....i live in a state with lots of forestestry im wacthing these loggers pillaging this natural beauty and just damaging the eco systems..its not the earth that does this its us humans...ty for this post......may we all open our hearts and eyes and take a stand to preserve these natural habitats....love,light and abundance...thirdeye.....

rosie
5th January 2011, 19:24
I have been gently reminding those all around me to "stop and smell the roses" each day. Do not wait until you go on a vacation, enjoy all moments if possible. Humanity's rush to "get there" may be our downfall in the end. I did this digital art work last week for my children and friends, now sharing with all here. A very simple concept that most seem to be missing in their busy lives.

Thanks Bill for pointing out this very important lesson!
in love & light :love:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2lwqhzm.jpg

Celine
5th January 2011, 19:27
With love i see the dancing hearts

Following their silent tune

Love does call them Homeward bound

Ever marching on the path

Called from the heart, freedom ever more

http://c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000PU247XTr2FU/s/750/750/FieldOfHope-1-of-4.jpg

MariaDine
5th January 2011, 19:51
Beautiful city...I miss it...lived there for a few months...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iSsqtUak_M

buffski
5th January 2011, 21:59
Ah, planet Earth :) hhhhmmmmmmmmmm :):):) one of my favourite squeezes.

Something in the way she moves,
Attracts me like no other lover,
Something in the way she woos me.
I don't want to leave her now,
You know I believe and how.

You're asking me will my love grow,
I don't know, I don't know.
Stick around, and it may show,
But I don't know, I don't know.

Something in the way she knows,
And all I have to do is think of her.
Something in the things she shows me.
I don't want to leave her now.
You know I believe and how.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :)

Celine
5th January 2011, 23:31
Love that song!! One of my favorites actually...

Carmody
6th January 2011, 02:33
I never forget.

Not even for a few minutes.

Hybrid5226
6th January 2011, 03:10
Indeed
an we keep finding more of her hidden beauty.

Google Hang Son Hoong photos

If there a middle Earth . Hang Son Hoong Cave is the entrance .

VFWhqJeThfc

Celine
6th January 2011, 05:11
Beethoven, Deaf.. Lost his hearing ... Sometimes loosing what you have, shows you something new..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppwowTJg0mI

morguana
7th January 2011, 10:41
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp236/Keefers_/Keefers_Beautiful%20Landscape/Keefers_BeautifulLandscape13.jpg

sooooooo beautiful, this is our home, it needs care and attention

love
m

Celine
7th January 2011, 10:48
LUPIN!!!!!! (tall pink flower in forefront)

i love that flower.... a most glorious spread of color covers the fields of the east coast of canada , every spring... Lupin grows in ditches.. infields.. EVERWHERE!! ...

i still remember the first road trip richard and i took to Nova scotia/Newfoundland... Lupin greeted us with such beauty and love.

thank you morguanna for that .. *hugs*

MorningSong
9th January 2011, 02:09
Well, I don't know about anyone else but I'm not ready to leave this place yet.

RxClQ_pInzc&feature=fvw

Limor Wolf
12th January 2011, 13:08
I am everyday surrounded by buildings,roads,concrete,but not for one minute i feel deattached from mother earth.
please Bill and everyone who lives close to nature,inhale it for me as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG53Ce5_dI0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtZ4uvaeK68&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK1OqqeCg0w&feature=related

Catharsis!

Celine
12th January 2011, 13:16
Flowers are the physical manifestation of a Creator's beauty

We are the physical manifestation of a Creators Love

The rose seeks only to serve Beauty

i seek only to serve Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnbMYzdjuBs

Limor Wolf
12th January 2011, 13:19
Celine, you are love.

Davidallany
12th May 2011, 05:42
It's a real bummer to see so many people living only as the physical body without realizing that they are much more than that. Pulled around by thoughts, mostly unhappy, frustrating thoughts, not realizing that they are lost in thoughts and missing the whole thing as it unfolds. Some times it make me sad, I want to tell them to show them, but they insist on continuing to sleep.I will try patiently and gently

zerohero
12th May 2011, 06:02
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=7488&d=1305732156

Tony
12th May 2011, 07:33
Sorry Folks................It's more beautiful than that!!!

The One
12th May 2011, 07:42

Beutiful just beutiful

Tony
12th May 2011, 08:23

Beutiful just beutiful

Oh yes, beautiful.........but it's still more beautiful than that!
You are trying too hard...

pie'n'eal

The One
12th May 2011, 08:52

pie'n'eal

I wasent trying

Tony
12th May 2011, 09:06

pie'n'eal

I wasent trying

Dear The One,
The consciousness that perceives this planet is far more beautiful than the planet it perceives.
That pure consciousness, is the truth. That is what you are and always have been, and always will be.
The only thing we have to change is the sentimental veil over our eyes.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh, the external forces trying to pull the wool over our eyes, is nothing to what
we are doing to ourselves.

Will you be my friend!!!!!
pie'n'eal

The One
12th May 2011, 10:09
Course i will Pie'n'eal and remember You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

HaveBlue
13th May 2011, 02:46
yes, this is very important to remember every day. i have 'enjoyed' great loss myself, nothing compared to some but nonetheless enough to have me learn this most important lesson.

When i am asked if I own my own home I always reply with ' I am merely the current caretaker who has paid for the privilage. In mush the same way as I do not 'own' my children. Sadly the state gets this way of thinking all out of context and thinks they need to own some children.
I tried to explain this to a sweet young early 20's about child ownership. She left still none the wiser. On her own that is- with out my kids. It turned out my eldest sister did not like being told by me that her advise concerning raising children was not asked for, nor desired. She responded by choosing to waste the time of child protection services.
They left happy and told me they would not be taking any further complaints by that person seriously in future.

Time is so short we must count our blessings every day, no matter what the weather. And give thanks for what we do have, not complaining about what we think we want but don't have.

Davidallany
13th May 2011, 08:39
VGEHYY8c8VM&feature=related
Nature knows best.