PDA

View Full Version : Is the Pope about to be arrested....?

viking
13th April 2010, 10:43
I bloody well hope so!!!!

Richard Dawkins calls for arrest of Pope Benedict XVI

RICHARD DAWKINS, the atheist campaigner, is planning a legal ambush to have the Pope arrested during his state visit to Britain “for crimes against humanity”.

Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens, the atheist author, have asked human rights lawyers to produce a case for charging Pope Benedict XVI over his alleged cover-up of sexual abuse in the Catholic church.

The pair believe they can exploit the same legal principle used to arrest Augusto Pinochet, the late Chilean dictator, when he visited Britain in 1998.

The Pope was embroiled in new controversy this weekend over a letter he signed arguing that the “good of the universal church” should be considered against the defrocking of an American priest who committed sex offences against two boys. It was dated 1985, when he was in charge of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, which deals with sex abuse cases.

further reading...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7094310.ece

viking

steve_a
13th April 2010, 13:04
Hi Viking,

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. It will probably end up like the George Bush incident in Canada, because, after all, whatever will the other rich folk think if someone in the UK actually arrests and throws the Pope in a jail cell for some hours (it would appear like something out of Monty Python). Let's wait and see to discover if justice is blind, or if the law is really an ass.

Best regards,

Steve

I bloody well hope so!!!!

Richard Dawkins calls for arrest of Pope Benedict XVI

RICHARD DAWKINS, the atheist campaigner, is planning a legal ambush to have the Pope arrested during his state visit to Britain “for crimes against humanity”.

Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens, the atheist author, have asked human rights lawyers to produce a case for charging Pope Benedict XVI over his alleged cover-up of sexual abuse in the Catholic church.

The pair believe they can exploit the same legal principle used to arrest Augusto Pinochet, the late Chilean dictator, when he visited Britain in 1998.

The Pope was embroiled in new controversy this weekend over a letter he signed arguing that the “good of the universal church” should be considered against the defrocking of an American priest who committed sex offences against two boys. It was dated 1985, when he was in charge of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, which deals with sex abuse cases.

further reading...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7094310.ece

viking

xbusymom
14th April 2010, 23:55
doesn't the 'statute of limitations' apply in cases like this (7 years or something like that?)?

steve_a
15th April 2010, 07:35
Hi xbusymom,

It seems that the 'statute of limitations' may not apply in this case as it has something to do with sexual abuse of minors or the aiding and abetting of such.

Check out the following link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statute_of_limitations

Best regards,

Steve

doesn't the 'statute of limitations' apply in cases like this (7 years or something like that?)?

viking
21st April 2010, 16:27
World-wide Attack on the Vatican? Think of it as an Opportunity! Will we ever stand our ground?

http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/religion_cults/news.php?q=1271784764

Some of my friends have asked why I am so strident about the on-going scandal in the Roman Catholic Church. It is a dishonest question with a very complex answer. On the public face of things the scandal is about the rape of children, the sundering of their innocence, the defiling of the story of the Christ, obliterating the truth of the story a
nd encrusting a cynical version in the trappings of temporal power and unimaginable wealth. Everyone with an average IQ and a few years of secular schooling knows these things, so their response to me is dishonest because they are denying the manifest facts of the situation in the first word of their question. But they have a way out, it seems. They can always say that a man may not judge, lest he call down the wrath of God. What a cop out, and how well trained they are!

The answer is complex because of the lie, the self-deceit, the cowardice that motivates those who will not judge. It goes then to a central tenet of Christianity (and other religions) that solace for the troubles of individuals and of mankind generally must be sought not in this world, but in the "next." It says that judgement will be meted out by God, not by man. Yet is not this religion about society as much as it is about individuals? Is not society responsible to itself for the behavior of society generally and specifically of individuals? Of course it is! We as a polity judge others and after due deliberation execute some, incarcerate others, set free those whom we believe to be innocent, and so forth. We judge and I judge, and I believe it is not my prerogative, but my obligation to the society and my own spirit.

viking

conk
21st April 2010, 18:31
The Pope could slaughter 100 infant children on the Vatican steps, say God told him to do it, and the crowd would cheer and go home and kill their own children. The ignorance is astounding! No, he will not be arrested.

I so hope I'm wrong.

3(C)+me
21st April 2010, 18:51
The raise and fall of the Catholic church. All the darkness it has been hiding for so long now is comming to light. My impression of all this is that the stantic agreements the church has made now are comming to light. I get the feeling this abuse was allowed to satisfy the church's dark masters, how much will come to light will be interesting. I am not judging all this as the dark does have a role to play but the abuse the victims went through well, it can get me real mad if I think about it long enough. Lets see how far this goes.

Swami
21st April 2010, 19:18
The Pope has a bad hairday today.............:biggrin1:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=741

Swanny
21st April 2010, 23:25
I think he looks evil

Sunny d
21st April 2010, 23:33
I think he looks evil

Like on of those GFL opponents :lalala::lalala:

Humble Janitor
22nd April 2010, 06:16
I hope they're successful.

No one should get away with crimes so heinous.

Teakai
22nd April 2010, 06:41
Is the Pope about to be arrested?

Hmmmmmmm.

Nope.

Menkaure
23rd April 2010, 03:30
Arrest him and try him like the rest of the pedophiles!

ExHaLaTiON
23rd April 2010, 03:54
Arrest him and try him like the rest of the pedophiles!

this guy is untouchable