PDA

View Full Version : I've never been this sick

Humble Janitor
11th January 2011, 02:42
Just wanted to chime in on my health. I'm battling an allergic reaction to penicillin that is really kicking me in the arse. I'm no longer taking penicillin but the medication I'm using isn't working as fast as I'd hoped. Trying to hold it all together but I just feel awful with all of the rashes and itching and aches and pains. Not to mention that the new antibiotic I went on in which the instructions were confusing (to be on the safe side, 1 capsule 3 times a day is safer than 2).

It's really got me thinking lately. I was supposed to have 2 bad teeth pulled and because I didn't have any money, I couldn't get it done the first time. The second time, they didn't have my insurance information. I am hoping that 3 times are a charm and that I can have the teeth pulled on Thursday. It's disgusting to deal with this medical system where if you have absolutely no money, they don't trust you and keep asking you stupid questions.

Just thought I'd mention. I always appreciate a bit of love/light and I'm definitely feeling it here. I just hope this episode passes and I come out of it a stronger, wiser person.

Sidney
11th January 2011, 03:12
get some mms. it will get rid of the infection, and if you use it orally, chances are you can save the tooth. Google Jim Humbles MMS and you will find it. Also gargle with salt water

Kindling
11th January 2011, 03:14
So sorry you are feeling so bad. Are you in the U.S? Just asking because I am, and it is impossible to get dental care without insurance if you don't have plenty of money. Even with insurance it is terribly expensive. Most insurance doesn't even cover dental :(. I've always thought it is a vicious circle, because the bad tooth causes an infection that might be considered a medical emergency (so that you can't be denied care at a hospital emergency room), but once you get rid of the infection, having the tooth pulled isn't an emergency, then the bad tooth causes an infection again *of course - duh*, so again you can get antibiotics. Sheesh, makes you want to pull the darn thing out yourself. Sending love and light! And wishing we had true universal health care. Feel better :-)

Seikou-Kishi
11th January 2011, 03:32
Ouch, I've had an allergic reaction to penicillin it was bloody unbearable. I did everything I could to satisfy the itching (which, of course, can't be satisfied) until I was taken into hospital... it's bloody awful, I hope you get through it soon from one who knows what you're going through

CetaceousOne
11th January 2011, 03:44
I realize you may not be looking for dental advice, but this may fall under the "light" category of your request:

I suggest looking at this website, and if possible, obtaining a copy of the book by the same name.
It has a great deal of excellent advice that works. You may be able to save those teeth.

http://www.curetoothdecay.com/

Hang in there. It's all temporary.

Seikou-Kishi
11th January 2011, 03:48
Frankly, that sounds like scam

Celine
11th January 2011, 03:57
Just wanted to chime in on my health. I'm battling an allergic reaction to penicillin that is really kicking me in the arse. I'm no longer taking penicillin but the medication I'm using isn't working as fast as I'd hoped. Trying to hold it all together but I just feel awful with all of the rashes and itching and aches and pains. Not to mention that the new antibiotic I went on in which the instructions were confusing (to be on the safe side, 1 capsule 3 times a day is safer than 2).

It's really got me thinking lately. I was supposed to have 2 bad teeth pulled and because I didn't have any money, I couldn't get it done the first time. The second time, they didn't have my insurance information. I am hoping that 3 times are a charm and that I can have the teeth pulled on Thursday. It's disgusting to deal with this medical system where if you have absolutely no money, they don't trust you and keep asking you stupid questions.

Just thought I'd mention. I always appreciate a bit of love/light and I'm definitely feeling it here. I just hope this episode passes and I come out of it a stronger, wiser person.

i am very sad to hear you are under the weather. It must be very difficult to deal with "red tape" and be that sick. We all had a really bad case of the stomach flu over the holidays.. worse then ive seen it in a couple decades.

i know that antihistamines , found in allergy drugs or nighttime sinus/cold medication can relieve itching (dont use daytime stuff , it doesnt have enough antihistamine)

i hope you are feeling better again soon so you can get back to cleaning the hallways here..they are getting real dirty! ;)

giovonni
11th January 2011, 04:22
From HJ
"Just thought I'd mention. I always appreciate a bit of love/light and I'm definitely feeling it here. I just hope this episode passes and I come out of it a stronger, wiser person."

i hope it's not your wisdom teeth :brushteeth:

Blessings my Friend always with lots of :love:

witchy1
11th January 2011, 04:34
Hi HJ, you poor thing.........sending white light your way. If you have an oxegenator, oxygen up some H2O - swill and drink. MMS as always
Bloody teeth, we should be able to grow our own (if they let us)

Seikou-Kishi
11th January 2011, 04:42
If you have ever heard of something called an ORMUS water trap, vortex, etc., they created water with properties so beneficial it can regrow teeth

witchy1
11th January 2011, 04:46
REALLY?????? dont suppose you have a link handy in your back pocket there Seikou-Kishi:angel:

cloud9
11th January 2011, 04:53
Dear HJ,
I'm very sorry to hear you aren't feeling well... I know you are going to receive a lot of advise, perhaps more than what you would like but we are good people, you see?

Joke aside, there's a web site that I use a lot and is full of amazing information, actually is full of people's testimonies about what has worked for them, everything natural remedies, cheap and effective... for everything, I suggest you keep the site address and check it out often: www.earthclinic.com

Also, I'm posting again a video that was posted yesterday by another member, please listen to it...

VYYXq1Ox4sk&feature=email

Seikou-Kishi
11th January 2011, 05:03
REALLY?????? dont suppose you have a link handy in your back pocket there Seikou-Kishi:angel:

There's a website devoted to it called subtleenergies... whether it's .com, etc., I can't remember but it might show up in a google search. (I'm almost sure it's .com though). There's also another site, Cherokee Gold, which makes water traps to order.

fifi
11th January 2011, 07:00
Hope you feel better, HJ. Hope your new antibiotic medicine works better.

MorningSong
11th January 2011, 07:09
Hey Hj. I'm sorry you're not well.

Octagon soap might help with the itching as well as Corn starch/Oats flour in a warm (not hot) bath.

I'd suggest Tea Tree Essencial Oil... rub it on your gums especially where the dentist gives you the numbing shot. TT is a fabulous antibiotic as well as anestetic....try not to swallow it as tastes awful ..but it works!

TT is also a natural antihistamin, so it would be very effective for the itching if applied to the skin as a cream or mixed with any lotion you might have (not to be taken internally, otherwise it will exterminate friendly intestinal biotics)

Get well soon!

Humble Janitor
11th January 2011, 09:23
Kind words are appreciated and I will return them as well.

I have been told that this allergic reaction will last for a week or so. I'll brace for the endless itching and hopefully make it through and get the teeth pulled.

I think I've been neglecting my health for too long and that's the kicker (literally).

Thanks.

Astra
11th January 2011, 10:11
Dear HJ, get well soon. Sending some golden healing light your way.
Love ... and more Love ...
Astra :wub:

str8thinker
11th January 2011, 10:20
Ramiel Nagel, author of Cure Tooth Decay, may have a point there. My view is that tooth decay is one of several side effects of eating the muck they sell us in shops. The latest marketing gimmick to feature on our TV is "nutrient water", bottled water plus added vitamins and minerals - plus loads and loads of SUGAR. Who produce this stuff? Coca-Cola and Schweppes, of course.

Tooth abscesses can have secondary effects on our health, quite apart from the most dreaded complication, subacute bacterial endocarditis.

Luckily there is some evidence that teeth can be regrown using everything from stem cells to ultrasonics.

My only problem with dietary treatments of dental caries is that these are okay for prophylaxis (prevention) but may be too slow when urgent treatment is required. I guess this is where our friend Ramiel Nagel comes in.

Although I have not yet been able to find a downloadable copy of his book online, here is a 3-part YouTube interview with him:

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HWms5CvHZk)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qoP9xCJ5DU)
Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83Xwbx9V2Ys)

Also an audio interview with him (http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/shownotes/2276/ramiel-nagel-episode/).

His book on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Cure-Tooth-Decay-Cavities-Nutrition/dp/1434810607), has attracted no fewer than 82 customer reviews, of which 64 were 5-star! So he must be doing something right. (Of course, this doesn't exclude the possibility that some were written by his pals.) But the reviews are worth reading.

In the meantime here's an interesting book I found named Reversing Gum Disease Naturally (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?00f1qs0fb6wkd6t). Hope it helps you.

Caren
11th January 2011, 12:22
Hi Humble Janitor,
Allergic reactions are often miserable to endure and can take a couple of weeks to settle down. Two of my children have had serious reactions to Penicillin.. the itching was just awful.
Regarding the confusing instructions with your prescription "one capsule three times a day is safer than two" - I believe what is meant here is to take one capsule (three times a day) spread out during waking hours ie. 8am, 4pm, midnight. This way there is an even amount of the antibiotic in your bloodstream effectively fighting the infection.
Be sure to take your medication because when you are able to have your two teeth pulled it will be in your best interest to have the infection all cleared up.
I hope you are feeling better soon and wish you all the best Humble J.

witchy1
11th January 2011, 13:31
There's a website devoted to it called subtleenergies... whether it's .com, etc., I can't remember but it might show up in a google search. (I'm almost sure it's .com though). There's also another site, Cherokee Gold, which makes water traps to order.

Found this site: http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/index.htm. What blew me away was the photos of the cats tail (had been traumatically severed) and it grew back - ttp://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/tutstail.htm (http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/tutstail.htm)
They gave him cleapatras milk (assume raw milk), liquid chi and Prime enzymes in his food - can find what these are on the internet tho.

The walnut tree is amazing: http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/walnuts.htm
and yes a bit of broken tooth appears to have grown back
Worthy of further research I think
Thanks agian

Very interesting

EsmaEverheart
11th January 2011, 13:37
I am allergic to penicillin too and 3 other antibiotics. Which can be problematic if I ever get really ill. And don't get me started on Health Insurance issues. It is disgusting that people have to deal with that crap when they are sick!

Benedryl or its generic is good to help with itching but it can make you very sleepy.

I hope you feel better soon.

chelmostef
11th January 2011, 13:39
Hope you feel better soon HJ

Sol Va
11th January 2011, 16:32
I want to add a cautionary note about antibiotics.

My partner just took an antibiotic, clindomycin, for a dental absess.
He took 3 doses and then got bloody diarrhea. After rushing to the
hospital they found the antibiotic killing all his gut bacteria caused
a toxin to form which inflamed his colon. hemorraging colitis. His hemoglobin went down to 4 and it was terrifying, he was on oxygen, IV and having transfusions on and off for a week.

After this experience, I personally will never take an oral antibiotic for a dental absess, and I dont think my partner will either. He almost lost his life.

Sorry for the discomfort you are going through with the rashes and itching.

By the way, if anyone needs to enter the hospital, it cost only $7,000 dollars for a week down here in Puerto Vallarta and that includes a colonoscopy, endoscopy, all meds, a private room where a family member can sleep on a sofa, and doctors fees, and the nurses came running within a minute whenever we called. PM me.
The food wasnt bad either :-)

Hummingbird
12th January 2011, 00:17
Global healing center GHCHealth.com Free call in line with compassionate knowledgeable health consultants that give great free advice. They have a great line of all organic products priced fairly.

Banshee
12th January 2011, 00:25

Ahh. You poor thing. That really is a shame. Listen, until the MMS arrives, why don't you get yourself some pro biotic yogurt? That might help a little.? And another suggestion regarding the itching - if you have any coffee grounds from the machine, take a HOT shower and use the grounds as a body scrub. Rinse well and cover yourself from forehead to toe in olive oil.

Pay attention to your internal body - that's where all of your power is.

Lots of love and healing!

Humble Janitor
12th January 2011, 01:50
@str8thinker: I prefer to try the conventional methods of prevention before I even think about doing something that I've read in a book. It sounds like a good idea but unless it's something that becomes more mainstream, I'm skeptical. I just don't want to make more problems for myself than I already have. It's why I started and stopped using MMS about a year and a half ago. I didn't know what I was doing and it made me too nervous. I was following my intuition.

=[Post Update]=

Today is much better, especially now that I've found calamine spray, which works wonders for keeping the itching under control so I can focus. I think that a focus on the new antibiotic, getting the teeth pulled and controlling my asthma should help me beat this. The infection is horrible on my asthma, requiring breathing treatments and inhalers. If all goes well Thursday, I should have the teeth pulled and hopefully I can start to wean myself off of the antibiotics. I have started brushing with an all-natural toothpaste (with tea tree) and flossing just to try and make a habit.

Humble Janitor
12th January 2011, 01:55
@ Sol Va- So far, I have not had that problem with clindomycin. I will keep an eye on my health though. The penicillin reaction has been nothing but rashes and problems with breathing (asthma). I think my body can handle the other antibiotic.

Humble Janitor
12th January 2011, 02:12
Oh my goodness! What am I doing?

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2009/06/21/clindamycin-sid/

Ughhhh! Should I throw out these pills? I'm getting my teeth pulled in 2 days. I was on Penicillin for about 10 days (stopped Saturday) and started on Clindamycin on Sunday.

God! What is wrong with these doctors/dentists? Are they ****ing fools? Would I be ok if I just stopped all antibiotics altogether?

Sol Va
12th January 2011, 02:19
@ Sol Va- So far, I have not had that problem with clindomycin. I will keep an eye on my health though. The penicillin reaction has been nothing but rashes and problems with breathing (asthma). I think my body can handle the other antibiotic.

Hi Humble Janitor,
I didnt have trouble with clindomycin either, but apparently about 5% of older adults do. I just found out today from the doctor that my guy lost at least 2/3 of his blood. I almost fell on the floor in a dead faint when he told me!

I dont know much about rashes, but I too have had some breathing problems and here are a few things that worked for me.

Dark chocolate did seem to open up the bronchial passages a lot.

For the natural antibiotic effect I also put a whole head of garlic, cut up, into honey... and let the natural antibiotics in the garlic seep into the honey... and then after a few hours I start taking a spoonfull of the garlic honey. This has really helped me with lung problems in the past.

Also I wash my floors with a few drops of essential oils like eucalyptus or pine or thyme and always can breath better afterwards.

This is probably total superstition but I read that the Mayans believed that their small hairless dogs helped cure lung problems so just in case, I bought two chihuahuas and when I have trouble breathing I put them on my chest. :-)

Humble Janitor
12th January 2011, 02:34
I am going to stop the antibiotics altogether until I see my dentist. I have not had any tooth pain for over a week and I assume that the infection is under control just enough.

I just don't want to risk anything. I cannot afford to miss work. I will start eating yogurt soon to see if that helps.

peterspm
12th January 2011, 02:48
mms #2, or mms original with dmso used as a toothpaste.

Beth
12th January 2011, 02:51
Clindomycin is one of the most prescribed meds for a tooth infection, it is one of the few antibiotics that can treat bone infections. I've had abscessed teeth before and have taken it.

Please be careful going off any med when it relates to the mouth, as it's close proximity to the brain. Maybe call your dentist in the morning before you stop your treatment.

Humble Janitor
12th January 2011, 06:02
Clindomycin is one of the most prescribed meds for a tooth infection, it is one of the few antibiotics that can treat bone infections. I've had abscessed teeth before and have taken it.

Please be careful going off any med when it relates to the mouth, as it's close proximity to the brain. Maybe call your dentist in the morning before you stop your treatment.

Did you read the link I posted? There are plenty of comments on the nasty side effects of it. I have horrible heartburn right now and I'm not going to risk further health issues. Some of the things described at that link are things that I want no part of, especially when I must work to support myself and do not have a lot of room to attend to health disruptions.

Hummingbird
12th January 2011, 06:19
Call global healing center GHChealth.com ask to speak to Luis, he is great and has helped me and my wife with great educated advice.

Limor Wolf
12th January 2011, 12:19
Humble janitor,feel well! i know how you must be feeling,as if not in control of your body.that's not nice,but it bound to disapear and you will get back to yourself soon.
i am sending good loving energies towords you. please remember,we can get something out of every experience in this physical body no matter how uncomfortable it is..
please visuall health!

love
Limor

Caren
12th January 2011, 13:39
Hi Humble Janitor,
I agree totally with Beth re: your new antibiotic and that you should check with your Dentist before stopping your medication. Even though your tooth pain has ceased there may still be lingering infection. Again it is in your best interest to have no infection present in your tooth and surrounding tissue as that may make the medication the Dentist uses to freeze your tooth less affective and hence possibly causing you (unnecessary) pain. (I sincerely hope not) - (been there). The fact that you have already had ten days of the other antibiotic is good news (not the reaction of course!) and should help your situation a great deal.
The yogurt and Tea Tree oil are excellent ideas.
Best of luck Humble J,
Caren x

ArtyCarl
12th January 2011, 17:05
The title of this thread caught my eye as it is an expression that I have heard 3 or 4 times in the last 2 months from good friends who have all suffered flu-like symptoms and are all otherwise strong and healthy people.

All the best for a speedy recovery Humble Janitor.

Lifebringer
12th January 2011, 17:13
I sympathize. All I needed was a deep cleanse, but the insurer didn't cover it so they pulled two of mine. I thought seniors needed their grinders for digestions. This isn't good for my diverticulitis, gulping food that isn't properly chewed.
Try a clove of garlic to boost immune system, should help. chew and take some honey to wash it down.
I hope you feel better soon.

=[Post Update]=

Also check the bacteria from the teeth, isn't effecting your organs from the toxins. This happens often and can cause heart problems because the bacteria attacks healthy tissues.

conk
12th January 2011, 18:43
Why, why, why don't doctors advise us to take supplemental probiotics when taking anti-biotics. Anti-biotic means anti-life! It can sometimes take many months to rebalance your gut bacteria after taking anti-biotics.

Good luck and speedy recover! And since you have to pay anyway, find a good alternative dentist.

Humble Janitor
13th January 2011, 02:37
Why, why, why don't doctors advise us to take supplemental probiotics when taking anti-biotics. Anti-biotic means anti-life! It can sometimes take many months to rebalance your gut bacteria after taking anti-biotics.

Good luck and speedy recover! And since you have to pay anyway, find a good alternative dentist.

This is why I'm trying to eat yogurt after my 3 doses of antibiotics in order to try and regain what I lose. It might be futile but worth a try. I thought about buying some kombucha as well, though I had before and didn't like the taste.

Today was a lot better but only because I had some Benadryl, which kept the itching from the reaction under control. I think the worst of that is over but still a lot of indigestion from the antibiotics. Not 100% but slowly inching back up.

I may not get my teeth pulled tomorrow so I am concerned as I don't want to be on antibiotics longer than necessary. Could they even check if the infection was still there or not if they can't pull them? I am hoping they will pull them after an exam and x-ray. I have a feeling that something sinister is afoot if they don't.

witchy1
13th January 2011, 08:45
It's really got me thinking lately. I was supposed to have 2 bad teeth pulled

Hi HJ, you didnt say in the first thread what you were on penicillan for that created the reaction you are now suffering - was it prescribed for a tooth infection????

If at all possible I would try and keep them. Once they are gone, they are gone. I think they can tell via x-ray re infection. It would be good if they took swabs to see what type of orgainism was creating the infection and to see what a/bs were reactive to it.... but they dont - at least here. (actually not even sure they can do this - they aren't real medical doctors)

I have nothing but really bad experiences with dentists I must say. I went to dentist who reakoned I had an infected tooth and that the infection had destroyed it under the gum line. It was a bit loose as well so on their expert dentistry advice it was extracted - I asked to have a look at it once removed and guess what, it was a perfect tooth and no icky stuff come out post extraction! Grrrrr

I say keep em if you can!
W

conk
13th January 2011, 16:32
Our teeth are critical to good health. They are electrical conductors and as such don't need metal and mercury fouling the current.

Humble Janitor
14th January 2011, 06:23
It turns out that the prognosis is much worse for my teeth. Instead of 2, I now need 5 removed. They finally got an xray done to see. Oh well.

I have accepted that this is my wake-up call of sorts in regards to my health. I have accepted that this is a life event that must happen and there are plenty of things that I can learn from it.

I feel that it is already leading to changes in my life that I should have made years ago. It is already making me stronger inside and as a result, I'm starting to see things from a completely different point of view. I feel no more interest in negative things. I feel renewed vigor for life because such complications provoke me to rise to the occasion to fight this.

I have to spend 2 more weeks on clindamycin. The worst of the penicillin is over with as the reaction has mostly subsided, allowing me a bit more comfort than a few days ago. As I said, I'm prepared to accept this new reality as a result of my poor choices and I'm hoping that with a bit more care, I can avoid such issues in the future.

I am trying to use probiotics to try and counter the negative effects of the clindamycin and so far, it seems to work. My stomach is still icky but as long as I eat some yogurt or even drink some kombucha (which I plan on doing), it will keep the negative stuff in check. I have attempted to boost my intake of vitamin C and other vitamins as well to assist my immune system in fighting this.

Zook
14th January 2011, 06:27
It turns out that the prognosis is much worse for my teeth. Instead of 2, I now need 5 removed. They finally got an xray done to see. Oh well.
I have accepted that this is my wake-up call of sorts in regards to my health. I have accepted that this is a life event that must happen and there are plenty of things that I can learn from it.
I feel that it is already leading to changes in my life that I should have made years ago. It is already making me stronger inside and as a result, I'm starting to see things from a completely different point of view. I feel no more interest in negative things. I feel renewed vigor for life because such complications provoke me to rise to the occasion to fight this.
I have to spend 2 more weeks on clindamycin. The worst of the penicillin is over with as the reaction has mostly subsided, allowing me a bit more comfort than a few days ago. As I said, I'm prepared to accept this new reality as a result of my poor choices and I'm hoping that with a bit more care, I can avoid such issues in the future.

I am trying to use probiotics to try and counter the negative effects of the clindamycin and so far, it seems to work. My stomach is still icky but as long as I eat some yogurt or even drink some kombucha (which I plan on doing), it will keep the negative stuff in check. I have attempted to boost my intake of vitamin C and other vitamins as well to assist my immune system in fighting this.

All the best, HumJan.

:smow::typing:

fifi
14th January 2011, 07:06
Hi HJ, please make sure that the yogurt you eat don't contain ASPARTAME or NEOTAME. Hope you will recover soon. Many blessings.