PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Poster are YOU??

Hiram
12th January 2011, 23:29
Okay Avalonians….

I listed 10 personas that I have seen on the forum off the top of my head. I realize that most of us are various combinations and permutations of these roles and simply can't be categorized (that's why you are here!), but just for entertainments sake…which one(s) are you?? Are there others?

Role 1: I am a discerning and skeptical individual. I call things like I see them. If I think someone is full of %$#! I am going to tell you such. I write alot of posts describing how this or that person is full of it.

Role 2: I am a quiet thinker. I don't post much, but when I do it is a carefully worded and well-thought out post. I mostly lurk and believe My own judgment needs constant revision.

Role 3: I am the instigator. I believe my job is "wake people up" to the truth. I write the largest number of new threads. I really like discussion and have strong opinions. My Motto: Watch this video: Time is short to wake up people!

Role 4: I am the one-track poster. I have one or two topics I am interested in and post in them incessantly. I was drawn to the boards because of a specific life experience(s) I have had that so changed me...I need to find out the answer. The ground beneath my feet is not steady...and I need to find out why.

Role 5: I am the sage. I have spent along time in the Rabbit Hole. I have made alot of contacts. I am pretty sure I have a good idea whats going on. My posts usually just pose questions. I start threads on occasion. I'm not above injecting humor when needed. If you don't agree with me, I don't really care. You'll find out soon enough.

Role 6: The Troll. I am here to make everyone else as miserable as I am. I don't even know that I don't like myself. Happy people make me sick.

Role 7: The Enigma. You know that I know that you know.....but what do I really know???

Role 8: The Spook. I work for an agency or entity that pays me to monitor this board for signs of dissent, or threats to my country or agency or agenda. Sometimes my role is to intentionally derail you when you stray too close to sensitive material. I could care less about any of you as I don’t really think too much of the average man anyway—mindless feeders. Sometimes I am a self-righteous boy scout, and sometimes I am just an evil sod. I buy what my masters are selling.

Role 9: Damaged Goods. I have been hurt so deeply by life that I vacillate between complete cynicism, and fanatic devotion to my idea of religion. Maybe because that religion is the only thing that helped me get through my terrible times. It’s earned my faith. There’s a bad-moon arisin’ Your all lost…unless you’re not!

Role 10: The Mystic. I travel the inner path. I have spent time in the dimensions…and to me…this is all a dream. I’m playing the game…but I know it’s just a game. I hang out in the spirituality and channeling threads. I spend time in the other threads too; in order to remind people not to forget about the spirit! My adherence sometimes infuriates the others.

Role 11: The Technician. I enjoy the scientific threads where I post reams of data, studies, graphs, and technical drawings. There are many people who simply will not wade through my posts--no matter how useful or accurate they are.

EDIT:
Role 12: The Observer I enjoy simply watching as you unfold together. I find no need to participate or be heard. I am here to bear witness to these goings-on. For a thing to matter it must be perceived...and I am just another sensory organ of the Universe.

Teakai
12th January 2011, 23:32
I think maybe, I would be one of the instigators.

Hiram
12th January 2011, 23:42
Thanks Teakai:)

That makes me smile.

Wood
12th January 2011, 23:44
I used to be an instigator lately but I am going through a deep change right now involving questions like freedom, judgement and discernment, and imposing things on others.

Rocky_Shorz
12th January 2011, 23:46
I'm a none and all of the above...

luckily I've been a piece of the furniture around here for so long no one notices... ;)

Hiram
12th January 2011, 23:46
Yes Wood. Very introspective. I too have gone through that change. I call it "surrender" but not everyone approves of that word. Its the realization that you "can't" really wake anyone up.

They have to wake themselves up.

And its hard to accept.

HURRITT ENYETO
12th January 2011, 23:57
Role 5: I am the Sage :)

p.s in role 8 you mention 'mindless feeders' i think that should read 'mindless eaters' as i believe feeders are men/women that feed their partners up because they like *ahem* larger types. LOL Just thought id clear up any confusion as i dont mind being called a mindless eater but i draw the line at being labelled a mindless feeder :)

Anchor
13th January 2011, 00:04
Brilliant thread.

I was not able to categorize myself in just one of those.

Now, enumerate for each category - how many of each would be required to change a lightbulb :)

Hiram - you are not allowed because you cant count. You said 10 categories and then went on to list 11 - lol

RedeZra
I know that you know that I know lol

I guess I am enigma then or the mist ; )

Ross
Interesting...I guess Im a combination of roles: 5, 7, 10, 11;) but then again, other "viewers' may disagree.

bluestflame
13th January 2011, 00:13
I like to think i am able to pick and choose me colours from a balanced pallete, though i'm sure some may disagree

sometimes offering food for thought assisting others to consider things unaccustomed

giovonni
13th January 2011, 00:14
i'll never tell :lalala:

Hiram
13th January 2011, 00:15
Hiram - you are not allowed because you cant count. You said 10 categories and then went on to list 11 - lol

Heh heh. Yes I got so carried away..just before I posted I thought I was forgetting a major role...so I added "the Technician". I am not going to edit it because the mistake is pretty funny!

I think this sort of thing can spark wonderful conversation about identity online though--don't you think? Do people always "play their self"???

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Gave your self away right there!!!

lol.

silentghost80
13th January 2011, 00:16
I'm Role 333: the Ghost the one you don't see coming with to the point answers :peep:

>edit <
tired of changing my number lol people keep stealing it .it was 12 then 13 but one beat me to it so i just made a higher number

Hiram
13th January 2011, 00:18
Interesting...I guess Im a combination of roles: 5, 7, 10, 11;) but then again, other "viewers' may disagree.

The sage, enigma, Mystic, Technician.

Whoa! That's a potent combo. That's something you either sip or shoot straight....you can't drink it! Lol.

HURRITT ENYETO
13th January 2011, 00:18

Ve have vays to make you talk *shines lamp in face* :)

jeannacav
13th January 2011, 00:20
I do.
I always play myself.

I don't fit too well, but maybe sage. However, I cringe at pronouncing myself a sage... there is still so much more to learn.

Interesting thread.

jeanna

bluestflame
13th January 2011, 00:22
then there's the honed cryptic poster , with clever honed words designed to coax out the knowing inherent in all

MariaDine
13th January 2011, 00:29
http://web.wm.edu/amst/370/2005/sp1/images/lucy%20doctor%20stand.jpg?svr=www

noprophet
13th January 2011, 00:32
Clearly I'm the spook; making sure nothing gets solved. ;)

Hiram
13th January 2011, 00:35
Well there is the old saying: If you label me...you negate me.

I want everyone to know that's not the intent. Just to get us to think about the way we actually present ourselves to each other.

We don't always come off the way we think we are.

Teakai
13th January 2011, 00:36
Yes Wood. Very introspective. I too have gone through that change. I call it "surrender" but not everyone approves of that word. Its the realization that you "can't" really wake anyone up.

And its hard to accept.

Oh, no you don't, Wood and Hiram - pick one that best suits from the list. I don't actually see it as 'my job' to wake people up - it's just what I do by finding stuff out and passing it on.
Or not do - if nobody is paying attention to what I'm saying - their choice.
And I don't start huge numbers of threads - though I do comment an awful lot.
And I don't have really strong opinions - I just think what I think and change it accordingly.
But instigator suits me best from the list.

So, no chickening out now, you two, go and pick the closest one :) Or I;m taking my ball and going home :lol:

Lifebringer
13th January 2011, 00:37
#4 Sage

Watching and waiting and passing what I can to aid others searching for the spiritual changes of the material mind.

Ouroboros
13th January 2011, 00:39
Hi everyone. Well I'm a new member and this being my first post it's going to be kind of speculative. However I think I will fall into category 2. I certainly feel my own judgement needs constant revision and that's why I have ended up here:o Looking forward to learning and in time contributing with carefully worded and well-thought out posts.

Ahkenaten
13th January 2011, 00:40
lots of people are very interested in the categories of people using forums (networking sites like Avalon) online and analyziing and assessing the way internet behavior affects other behavior, social, political, etc. - lots of money is being spent studying the rising phenomenon of the "networked individual" and those individuals' behaviors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kFPJc3X8DA&feature=player_embedded#! by the big boys.

Hiram
13th January 2011, 00:41
Okay...Okay.

I most identify with The Thinker and the Sage. I am a shameless fan of the technicians though....you remind me of my father.

I also have a bit of the Mystic in me as well.

Teakai
13th January 2011, 00:41
Well there is the old saying: If you label me...you negate me.

I want everyone to know that's not the intent. Just to get us to think about the way we actually present ourselves to each other.

We don't always come off the way we think we are.

But how does that work, then?
Because it's still our own personal viewpoint, based on terms and definitions that you have designed.

It's not like we're getting feedback about how we come across.
And, do we really want it? Do we want to modify ourselves to suit others?

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

I hope I have instigated some food for thought :)

Lancelot
13th January 2011, 00:42
mmm, anyone can be whichever one they want to be surely?. Question is which one is the best one? Im new to this and as this my 3rd ever post so Id have to say Im no2- the quiet thinker....I apspire to be no3- the instigator :yo:

Hiram
13th January 2011, 00:43
lots of people are very interested in the categories of people using forums (networking sites like Avalon) online and analyziing and assessing the way internet behavior affects other behavior, social, political, etc. - lots of money is being spent studying the rising phenomenon of the "networked individual" and those individuals' behaviors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kFPJc3X8DA&feature=player_embedded#! by the big boys.

Instigator!!!

Teakai
13th January 2011, 00:45
Okay...Okay.

I most identify with The Thinker and the Sage. I am a shameless fan of the technicians though....you remind me of my father.

I also have a bit of the Mystic in me as well.

Well done, Hiram - can't believe you had to be cajoled to play your own game. :)

Hiram
13th January 2011, 00:45
But how does that work, then?
Because it's still our own personal viewpoint, based on terms and definitions that you have designed.

It's not like we're getting feedback about how we come across.
And, do we really want it? Do we want to modify ourselves to suit others?

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

I hope I have instigated some food for thought :)

Well its enlightening to actually see words that describes aspects of us---and whose to say we aren't getting feedback??? I sure hope we give eachother feedback. We shall know eachother all the more then.

Anchor
13th January 2011, 00:50
Hiram, if you carry this on you could develop a kind of Myers-Briggs type test, specifically for forum users :)

BrianEn
I'd say I'm a 2. Quiet thinker until I get in the chatroom.

Ross
That's something you either sip or shoot straight....you can't drink it! Lol.

I can relate!

Teakai
13th January 2011, 00:52
Well its enlightening to actually see words that describes aspects of us---and whose to say we aren't getting feedback??? I sure hope we give eachother feedback. We shall know eachother all the more then.

Oh, no, Hiram, feedback will only give us another's viewpoint about how they view us.

Only we can truly know ourselves. And only then will we truly know each other.
This is a fun sort of thing to do - but it won't give us any real knowledge of ourselves.

Maybe I should tick the sage option as well :lol:

HORIZONS
13th January 2011, 00:52
I'm a spiritual being having a human experience and every now and then I check in here to see how other human experiences are unfolding. How about adding OBSERVER to the equation.

Hiram
13th January 2011, 00:54
Done!!

:-)

Beren
13th January 2011, 01:04
Like John said ,I can`t count my self in the exact category here but I`d say mystic would be fairly accurate.
It`s not easy for me to function in the world like it is today. It`s like really bad video game but still necessary for soul development.
In 80ies and until the beginning of the 90ies I did my share of video gaming and quit. Didn`t want to pursue further gaming world since I din`t saw the point .

And this is the same with life`s biggest game.
At one point I did all. And decided it`s not worth anymore delving into new games on the same level.

I am all for THE game on the universal level.
The game of Love. Where there are no losers or squeakish sounds when you lose a "life" in the game...:becky:

Or like when you play the arcade game and when you lose you got 10 seconds to insert a coin to continue...

Sometimes I`m tempted in this life to return to the OLD paradigm games but then I stop and gracefully decline.
The gave me a valuable lessons and good times and I thank them, it is time for THE game!

P.S.

Recently I saw movie Tron -legacy and when I heard the song in the film I flipped out!
It all came back to meeee!!
:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGf6ZmMzg0I

Hiram
13th January 2011, 01:07
Wow Beren.

What a nice sentiment that was. I think alot of people here can certainly relate to that (myself included!).

Sometimes our veins are full of vinegar though...and this needs to be worked out. Its the way of things.

StephenW11UK
13th January 2011, 01:13
Less 'outstanding' than I had hoped! Only the quiet thinker and the sage seem to fit.

Alien Ramone
13th January 2011, 01:28
Role 2: I am a quiet thinker. I don't post much, but when I do it is a carefully worded and well-thought out post. I mostly lurk and believe My own judgment needs constant revision.

I am constantly trying to put it all together and figure out what is going on. I post when I think I have something to add or have questions whose answers could help me understand.

Richard
13th January 2011, 01:53
The Number 7 follows me around a lot. No different now.

;)

Steven
13th January 2011, 02:02
Thanks Hiram, I enjoyed the perspective of your list.

Me, well. I am the chameleon :)

Namaste, Steven

NoTingles
13th January 2011, 02:11
msg. deleted

Beth
13th January 2011, 02:42
I'm the one too stinkin' busy modding to post! Where's that option? :P

Teakai
13th January 2011, 02:47

Soooo funny :lol:

Anchor
13th January 2011, 02:55
Not me but a new role

Role 13: God, I just like playing with, um, myself

pinkfrost
13th January 2011, 03:00
thanks beth! thanks to her i'm a first time poster!

Zook
13th January 2011, 04:03
After this thread, Hiram, perhaps you'll give us its ugly sister "What kind of poster do you think so-and-so Avalonian IS?". LOL! Perhaps with a side dish of glass houses and complimentary bricks.
:jester:

Me? Let's see. Can I bring my own beer? How about ...

Role 13: The Moth About The Flame. Light a match, friend. I'm there!

:smow::smow::typing:

Celine
13th January 2011, 04:10
i cant' figure out which one i am...

Carmody
13th January 2011, 04:27
I changed my mind. I'm not saying anything. :p

giovonni
13th January 2011, 04:46
I changed my mind. I'm not saying anything. :p

wise decision :thumb:

i am joking ~ :love:

Burke
13th January 2011, 05:44
that's a good list

I am defiantly the observer, I lurk, witness, assess and refine myself using all of you lovely folks as my mirror as well as world events. This is my main priority in life.

Yet I am also the quiet thinker, the two fit well together IMHO. Is it possible the observer becomes the quiet thinker when they do post? Just about every post I make I edit a few times, tweaking it to a cadence and tone I think is important for some reason.

I also relate to the enigma, and technician depending on my mood when I do post. I would say sage, but I am a total loner and have few contacts. I get frustrated with myself too after making a long post because two days later I can come and see how I could have said a 500 word post in 30 words or less with much more clarity.

great thread!

truthseekerdan
13th January 2011, 06:15
I am unique, as we all are in the infinite conscious ocean we call Love -- we just need to manifest more of what we really are. :) Who needs another label or a # when we're All ONE expressed in many?

Interesting thread Hiram, thank you. :love:

slipknotted
13th January 2011, 06:47
i have'nt been here long but you guys and gals put a smile on my face i can already see there's alot of great people here, very interesting and steller content. .

witchy1
13th January 2011, 07:21
Well on Monday I was Thinking
on Tuesday I was Sageing
on Wednesday I was Instigating
Today I have been Techiking
Tomorrow I expect to be Discerning and Skeptical
By Saturday I expect to be an Enigma and
On Sunday I might just rest! Phew what a week....I'm exhausted

Teakai
13th January 2011, 07:26
Well on Monday I was Thinking
on Tuesday I was Sageing
on Wednesday I was Instigating
Today I have been Techiking
Tomorrow I expect to be Discerning and Skeptical
By Saturday I expect to be an Enigma and
On Sunday I might just rest! Phew what a week

:lol: Oh, Witchy, now that is good!! :lol:

zenith
13th January 2011, 09:28
I'm waiting for someone to admit to number eight.
I'll bet a lot of number ones would descend upon that individual.
Perhaps they'd discover they were really number twos all along. :p

morguana
13th January 2011, 09:59
http://www.readplatform.com/uploads/2010/12/mobile_troll.jpg

^^That's me ;)^^
love
m

Eric J (Viking)
13th January 2011, 10:03
That was funny Mogs!! LOL

'Many a true word (or image) spoken in jest' ha ha...

Haven't got a clue what type I am??

viking

Bill Ryan
13th January 2011, 10:17
-------

Role 14: The Teacher. I try to connect dots, add new data and references, explain and sort out misunderstandings and misconceptions, offer interpretations for mysterious information, always aim to inspire, get people talking with one another constructively, and invite everyone to think about old issues in new ways.

Occasionally I will throw an unruly person out of the classroom because they are preventing others from learning. With that caveat, what I want is for each person to pick up their own ball and run with it... it's a poor student who cannot exceed The Teacher. :)

MorningSong
13th January 2011, 10:46
What about the "reporter/investigater with a 'Cassandra' complex"?? That would sum me up, I think....

John Parslow
Hello Hiram

Thank you for a very interesting thread. I am possibly a combination of several roles or parts thereof:

Role 2: I am a quiet thinker. I don't post much, but when I do it is a carefully worded and well-thought out post. I mostly lurk and believe my own judgment needs constant revision.

Role 5: I am the sage. I have spent a long time in the Rabbit Hole. I am pretty sure I have a good idea what’s going on. I'm not above injecting humour when needed.

Role 11: The Technician. I enjoy the scientific threads where I can read reams of data, studies, graphs, and technical drawings - ex-electronic draughtsman!

Role 12: The Observer. I enjoy simply watching as we all unfold together. I find little need to participate or be heard. I am here to bear witness to these goings-on.

I have noticed that many who post here can be very aggressive when their point of view is disagreed with and some even use it to grind personal axes but thanks to Bill it is the best forum available and I am very happy to a part of it.

Once again many thanks for this thread and my best regards to you. JP :cool:

Heart-2-Heart
My first post.. Hi.. everybody..I see myself as a .. BIG..0.. containing all the other numbers inside....nr 8. is just two 00 one above the other ..both containing all the other numbers...Good and funny thread...
.Heart2hearth

Fractalius
13th January 2011, 10:58
I like to make a picture out of less than 1000 words, and share it as thoughts that may connect for someone.
Until recently I have been sharing these sort of posts with a mainstream community, and have tried to describe deep concepts by prompting thought by way of analogy and such. It is quite refreshing to be visiting a forum such as this again. I may have been a little excited to start off with!
There is a good balance of people and the group dynamic is quite respectful yet not submissive or floppy.

sepia
13th January 2011, 11:28
-----

Thank you Hiram - this is fascinating.

I resonate best with the

Role 2: The quiet thinker

But there certainly is part of Role 5: The sage.

- although I would like change the given description to this:

I have spent along time in the Rabbit Hole. I have figured out for myself how I can make my life work in a practical and spiritual sense at the same time.
My posts often pose questions, sometimes provoke... :)
But first of all I try to inspire and lift up consciousness.

It is no problem if you don't agree with me. You have the same right to have an opinion as I take this right.

....considering how many opinions I already had in my life as stepping stones on the journey.

meeradas
13th January 2011, 12:52
2-12-10-5-7

TheChosen
13th January 2011, 13:45
This pretty much sums me up:

Role 5: I am the sage. I have spent along time in the Rabbit Hole. I have made alot of contacts. I am pretty sure I have a good idea whats going on. My posts usually just pose questions. I start threads on occasion. I'm not above injecting humor when needed. If you don't agree with me, I don't really care. You'll find out soon enough.

I am a bit rough around the edges and I like it that way ;) .. better be myself than try to be something I am not..

ArtyCarl
13th January 2011, 16:08
I smiled to myself when I read the options, one or two definitely had me thinking so in that respect it was a well thought-out list.

It has certainly been an education and I find myself reading some posts and thinking...'wow some of these people are so spiritual and knowledgeable'. It is something we must never take for granted and as a long time member of many alternative forums I am happy to say it does feel like home here.

There are still a few posts made enthusiastically which suffer from an almost complete lack of simple research but on the whole 'the family' is in good hands.

Kra
13th January 2011, 17:32
twelve....

FutureLeFunk
13th January 2011, 19:06

In descending order :)

Binaryspellbook
13th January 2011, 19:23
I guess #5 suits me best. Now you have to page back to find out what a #5 is. :)

Hiram
13th January 2011, 19:49
-----

Thank you Hiram - this is fascinating.

I resonate best with the

Role 2: The quiet thinker

But there certainly is part of Role 5: The sage.

- although I would like change the given description to this:

I have spent along time in the Rabbit Hole. I have figured out for myself how I can make my life work in a practical and spiritual sense at the same time.
My posts often pose questions, sometimes provoke... :)
But first of all I try to inspire and lift up consciousness.

It is no problem if you don't agree with me. You have the same right to have an opinion as I take this right.

....considering how many opinions I already had in my life as stepping stones on the journey.

Than YOU Sepia for participating in this little idea I had. You know when I was scribbling down the roles...I made an intentional effort to not idealize each of them, because sometimes the ones that don't seem so likeable, well I know you'll agree, they are nevertheless important. They are voices that need to be here. Even "the Spooks". For nothing less than to serve as a necessary antipode to everything else we post.

I always tell everyone here that without resistance...everything you do is pretty futile.

I am glad this is fostering a discussion as to who we are--or rather, think ourselves to be.

noxon medem
13th January 2011, 20:21
:fish2:

- Not realy easy, to plane and simply, cathegorize.
Then maybe a few, free assosiations, could suffice.

Sometimes I post because there is something I feel should be said.
Sometimes I post because there is something I think should be read.

I have a broad and general experience and knowledge of many things, more of a few,
and have been so fortunate to meet a lot of interesting people in my life, including you.

Basicly being a practical person probably reflects in here, and is maybe another cathegory on the forum.
It serves me well, gives independents, and knowing practical craft, help to sort out many a conoundrum.

My mind is prone to playing with ideas and fantasy, philosophy and fiction be the flavours of the day,
and since a grand illusion is all there seem to be, to this reality, then maybe I am better off that way.

I try "to play" myself in posting, to keep roleplay a minimum, and within the real boundaries, at any stage of the changing me.
The mind is quite flexible, so I can go a little to the side of my basic view, posting a certain perspective, if I think it need to be.

So a relatively free and "neutral" position, with a pleasant disposition, mostly watching and reading, sometimes trying to make a point.
Looking back I don't get overly embarrassed, on what is said and shown, but maybe to cut down on posting after a beer and a *****.

( - the last remark of course put in only for the cheap laughter )

:music::drum::wacko2:

Zook
13th January 2011, 20:28
In descending order :)

I love Pi. Cherry pi. Blueberry pi. Punnakin pi. But the wonderfullest of them all is ... Combo pi!!! I take it you're mostly 1 and 5?

:smow::typing:

Zook
13th January 2011, 20:32
I guess #5 suits me best. Now you have to page back to find out what a #5 is. :)

Ahhh ... the luck of the Irish is no match for the pluck of the Scottish!! LOL!

:boxing:

Ba-ba-Ra
13th January 2011, 20:37
Great idea Hiram, Helps us to realize what we are projecting - or could be projecting instead of what we are projecting.

I think of myself as #5 - the sage and #10 the mystic and hope that's what I'm projecting.

Would you consider another category? The mediator or harmonizer: someone who's always trying to bring the pendulum to the center.

Kari Lynn
13th January 2011, 20:41
Lol. Think I've been all at one time or another. depending on mood and time of month! lol
Hubby says your missing "Red-Headed Polock"

Hiram
13th January 2011, 20:44
Oh man....good ideas all around:)

Binaryspellbook
13th January 2011, 20:46
Lol. Think I've been all at one time or another. depending on mood and time of month! lol
Hubby says your missing "Red-Headed Polock"

Well lassie, a wife and three daughters. Even the bloody cat is a female. Don't mention time of the month to me. It's always someone's time of the month in my house. That's why I have an air raid shelter built in a cupboard upstairs. :)

Seikou-Kishi
13th January 2011, 20:59
Upstairs? An air raid shelter's no good except on the ground floor lol

Kari Lynn
13th January 2011, 21:00
Well lassie, a wife and three daughters. Even the bloody cat is a female. Don't mention time of the month to me. It's always someone's time of the month in my house. That's why I have an air raid shelter built in a cupboard upstairs.
4 of them, plus the cat? Oh my! You have my sympathies.
Instead of a white flag of truce, just wave Chocolate.

I'm only female in a house full of boys/men. 4 of them also. There isn't a wall that hasn't been run through. I'm not sure what's holding up our house! lol

Hiram
13th January 2011, 21:05
Okay…so I need to revise the list it seems. These are some of your fantastic additions. We need to expand some of these:

Role 333: the Ghost the one you don't see coming with to the point answers
(courtesy of silentghost80)

Role 13: Honed Cryptic Poster , with clever honed words designed to coax out the knowing inherent in all. (courtesy of bluestflame)

Role 14: The Observer, see the list
(courtesy of Horizons) see list..I already added it.

Role 15: The Chameleon , courtesy of Steven. Definition is obvious!

Role 16: Too stinkin' busy modding to post: Courtesy of Beth (pretty funny)

Role 17: God, I just like playing with, um, myself.
(Thanks John…heh heh. Very upper level if you think about it.)

Role 18: The Moth About The Flame. Light a match, friend. I'm there!
(courtesy of Zookumar…always clever!)

Role 19: The Teacher. I try to connect dots, add new data and references, explain and sort out misunderstandings and misconceptions, offer interpretations for mysterious information, always aim to inspire, get people talking with one another constructively, and invite everyone to think about old issues in new ways. (courtesy of Bill Ryan)

Role 20: Reporter/Investigater with a 'Cassandra' complex. I need to hear more about this one?
(courtesy of Morningsong)

Binaryspellbook
13th January 2011, 21:06
4 of them, plus the cat? Oh my! You have my sympathies.
Instead of a white flag of truce, just wave Chocolate.

I'm only female in a house full of boys/men. 4 of them also. There isn't a wall that hasn't been run through. I'm not sure what's holding up our house! lol

White flag of truce ? - OHHHH, you mean my Amex card. Aye that works too. :)

@Seikou - Yes I built an air raid shelter in an upstairs cupboard. There was plenty of material to use. Namely shoes. What the hell is it with women and shoes. My next project I think will be a garage.

Kindling
13th January 2011, 21:08
Gee, Hiram, it's amazing how you nailed the different posting personalities. I have been reading the forum for a long time, but only recently registered so that I am able to post. I don't know what kind of poster I am yet :-). Probably closest to Role 2, the quiet thinker. I bet posting style changes the longer one is a member. Anyway, very interesting exercise to help us become more aware of how others might perceive us. I am happy to be part of such a wonderful group!

Hiram
13th January 2011, 21:13
We are only as strong as the least among us....

I say look to the little lights....the children with dirty faces. They will show you what you are.

Project_Buggy_Beach
13th January 2011, 21:34
#100,000,000
Awed observer, if only all of these people lived in the same community instead of being trapped in a virtual space staring at a screen…
:ohwell:

kinsuemei2
14th January 2011, 00:34
I do not know what kind of poster I am, I strive to be productive one, I am not always active for periods of time, but if I feel strongly about a subject I will always chime in and share my opinion. I have seen this forum evolve in many ways and I believe that it's very evolution has helped me shape my perspective.

I do not seek war or conflict or even getting my point across to everybody, after all those who have experienced similar things need no explanation and others there is not explanation enough to satisfy them, so I just post for myself, and allow the chess game to play out.

I see this forum and indeed Camelot as a tool for learning, sharing ideas about life, experience and respect of others.

ScubaMonkey
14th January 2011, 00:57
Role 12: The Observer I enjoy simply watching as you unfold together. I find no need to participate or be heard. I am here to bear witness to these goings-on.

I think this fits the bill best for me.

FutureLeFunk
14th January 2011, 01:32
I love Pi. Cherry pi. Blueberry pi. Punnakin pi. But the wonderfullest of them all is ... Combo pi!!! I take it you're mostly 1 and 5?

Yes my friend. Probably a bit of 3 thrown in for good measure, along with a wee dram :)

Zook
14th January 2011, 02:25
Yes my friend. Probably a bit of 3 thrown in for good measure, along with a wee dram :)

Ahhhhhh dram ... boooooooooiiiiiieeeeeee!!

ps: Mind you, I'm not slagging teetotallers. I mean, you have to admire their willpower. Many roads and many miles to reach each an own smile.

Kikine
14th January 2011, 04:35
-------

Role 14: The Teacher.
Occasionally I will throw an unruly person out of the classroom because they are preventing others from learning.

Hahaha sorry that is so funny and true. Teacher suits you so well haha. (A good teacher by the way.)

Well reading all the choices i guess I will bring a new one here.

I am the Student.

Thinking way too much when the teacher is talking
Not always listening carefully.
Sometimes getting frustrated with the rules.
Rarely commenting and when i do, its not always well thought neither making sense.

(But come on, I am a Student right? I am here to learn from people that knows more than I do and trying to figure out everything. ;) oh and lets not forget that i am a GOOD student, therefore...I am respecting the Teacher haha).

Heartsong
14th January 2011, 06:06
definitely a 2. It's safer there.

Victoria Tintagel
14th January 2011, 21:51
Hey Hiram, thanks for this original thread :) I think I am in role 3, 5 and 10 most of my posts. I am also a transformer poster and love to steer an atmosphere of a place, or a gathering of people, like this Forum, towards more harmony or grounding . I decided to introduce more subjects of "human-ness of our daily lives" into this Forum, last year november. We never see each other, we have to assume we all are living human beings. Who knows who we truly are? Hmmmm? Weird creatures?

Being invisible, in contact with another, you are never in the same "now" so there's not always humour shared through eye contact, when discussions get rough. Sometimes it's difficult to really understand how someone feels, cause you don't witness the body language online.

To compensate that lack of evidence :) so to speak, being restricted to online communications only, I chose to throw these human subjects in. And it worked, still does :) At the same moment I introduced a human topic, someone else initiated it too. Cool synchronicity, hmmm? I think we need this grounding excersise, to show our human-ness here :) and to connect on that level. Keeping us out of trouble, like showing off on spiritual tight rope walking :) disappearing in clouds.

I think we've got enough on our hands handling our human-ness and finding a way to live together.
And I am a poster that loves to explain to much :)

Be in grace, Tintagel.

Victoria Tintagel
14th January 2011, 22:03
Ba ba Ra: Would you consider another category? The mediator or harmonizer: someone who's always trying to bring the pendulum to the center.

Thanks very much, Ba ba Ra, that's exactly what I meant in my reply here. That's more appropriate then a transformer.
So much fun, this thread, thank you Hiram :) Be in grace, Tintagel.

edina
15th January 2011, 18:47
Hiram, this is such a fun thread, it's a great way to get to know people. I haven't seen me in the offerings, yet.
I'm an explorer. I love discovering new territory. Sometimes I explore through expression, sometimes through listening, sometimes through reflection. And I enjoy pulling a vast range of threads together to see what wants to weave itself into existence, next. I like to have fun, and I think I am often times way to serious, or intense.
Explorer, discover what is unexpected....

mondaze
15th January 2011, 19:30
i've always thought of myself as a maverick.... but in a field of wild horses... so difficult to stand out!

Carmody
15th January 2011, 19:33
OK. After due coniseration, I will contribute. This also includes Zook's added 13th type.

I am everything, but subtract 6, 8,and 9. I play the chameleon, as it is necessary.

To frame that, think what The General, played by Jon Travolta asked the Colonel, Played by Nick Nolte, and Nick's response..in the film 'The Thin Red Line'.

The General: "How much do you want that Island, Colonel?"

The Colonel: "As much as I have to, Sir."

avid
15th January 2011, 19:58
I log in and out when I feel I can contribute - I think therefore I am.
I've been a forum member for many years in it's various formats, the 'big picture' is terribly important, and that needs years of research.
Thanks to Bill and Kerry (and of course many others in the alternative media world) we are now less 'blinkered' and surely can now think for ourselves to filter out nonsense.
Positive vibrations to all who are suffering in these unusual times, there will be peace for you, and positive vibrations to those who perpetrate ills on the innocents - as what goes around comes around, your bad karma will follow you into any dimension - may your lessons be learned.
These are exhilarating times, where all vibrations are quickening. Let's hope we can all ride the manipulations by the unworthy and overcome them by closing them out.
Dig for freedom and plant original seeds just as our grandparents did to live naturally years ago.
I am not typecast Hiram, but this was an interesting topic.
Avid

Hiram
26th January 2011, 22:45
Okay just to put this back at the top for new members.....come everyone...fess up!!

Dhoma
27th January 2011, 00:19
i'm the combination of 2,5,7 and 12. but i believe nobody can fit in just 1 catogory.
it makes life too simpel if this was the case

write4change
27th January 2011, 00:36
I am a mystical sage observer who plays all of the games displayed as well as I can with as good a spirit as I can muster. If I can not play enthusiastically and positively, I go home or quietly lurk.

LiveFree
27th January 2011, 00:39
Very cool and interesting thread here. Thanks!!!

I think I'm 2 and 12, though mostly 12. However, in person you would find me more likely to put myself out there. I find it hard to read peoples energy through the computer screen so it takes me longer to feel comfortable enough on line to share. Reading these responses has helped me get a better feel for people, I appreciate it.

Beth
27th January 2011, 00:46
Okay…so I need to revise the list it seems. These are some of your fantastic additions. We need to expand some of these:

Role 16: Too stinkin' busy modding to post: Courtesy of Beth (pretty funny)

And now that you're a mod, you know I wasn't kidding :P

Hiram
27th January 2011, 00:49
Yes....true. Wasn't one when I created this!

ArjunaArcana
27th January 2011, 01:04
Your ever well wisher type.;)

Linden
27th January 2011, 01:05
Well, considering I am brand new here, and rather timid, I would say that I am number 2. I am trying to post productively,:confused: and ask questions, and learn all I can. I'm staying open to everything. :)

Hiram
27th January 2011, 01:06
Many Thanks Linden!

Carmody
27th January 2011, 02:53

And its hard to accept.

I become the reflection that people need to see, in order for them to find the change within themselves. I've done this for about a dozen people so far, some at terrific personal cost. In the end, it means nothing to me, this personal cost. It's like instinct. I can't help it.

Once we get outside of our own concerns, then the choice to participate becomes obvious. IMO.

Then it becomes an understanding that ego achieves nothing, and the 'other' must be convinced, through the haze of their ego function, to peer a bit more closely at the self. This can, in my experience, only be done through some form of a catalyst. An action of the self that reflects into and impacts in their world, in a non threatening way, so their ego does not rise and mask their chance at personal change.

Norsec
27th January 2011, 03:44
At the moment... i'm "I am a quiet thinker." and #12. :)

modwiz
27th January 2011, 03:51
I'm a day-glo poster. You need a black light to reveal the true brilliance:horn:.

5ish

Modwiz

araucaria
27th January 2011, 19:41
Okay just to put this back at the top for new members.....come everyone...fess up!!

Thanks for that Hiram. I'm glad you added things on instead of correcting to the original 10.

Supposing I'm am mostly a combination of 2 and 12, that means if you think you're reading this post, maybe you should see an optician?;)

Shezbeth
27th January 2011, 20:06
1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 10, & 12

Thank you for asking

Blacklight43
27th January 2011, 20:46
Guess you can tell by the number of my posts....2/12

Crake
27th January 2011, 20:58
Yesterday I was an observer. Today a quiet thinker. Tomorrow: perhaps a sage.

Mike
28th January 2011, 01:40
that's a great thread hiram!

i suppose i'm the guy who is wondering what he has to do to graduate from 'provisional member' status. oh wait, that's not on the list...

Sowelu
28th January 2011, 02:05
ALL OF THESE because we are one :P
but if i had to choose for my individual self i'd say im a blend of 5, 7, 10, and 12. depending on my mood.

Linden
28th January 2011, 02:21
ALL OF THESE because we are one :P
but if i had to choose for my individual self i'd say im a blend of 5, 7, 10, and 12. depending on my mood.

I'm lovin' your reply Sowelu!!! ;)

Harley
28th January 2011, 02:41
Hi Hiram and all! What a great thread!

I haven't been posting much for about the past month because I've mainly been observing "evolution" take place here on Avalon. ;) But now I thought I'd take this opportunity here to give a very brief explanation of Harley Hawkins' role, if you're interested.

My First Year On Avalon:

Because I was just emerging from the Rabbit Hole, I had many personal questions regarding my experiences. I came to Avalon in search of answers and hoping to find others like me, but I mostly lurked and never posted. By the end of that first year some answers to a few of my personal questions had been revealed to me, which also created more questions. So Role 2 seems the best description:

My Second Year On Avalon:

By now I desperately needed more, so I began posting a little. In no time at all I then "met" this wonderful person named Hiram, and through our personal discussions "The Lid" began removing itself. A short time thereafter, because my posts were beginning to contain some "potentially sensitive" information, I realized the need to rechristen myself. So Role 5 seems the best description for Harley Hawkins:
Role 5: I am the sage. I have spent along time in the Rabbit Hole. I have made alot of contacts. I am pretty sure I have a good idea [of some of] whats going on. My posts usually just pose questions [or examples]. I start threads on occasion. I'm not above injecting humor when needed. If you don't agree with me, I don't really care [because it really doesn't matter whether or not you believe me NOW]. You'll find out soon enough.

Then something happened. I was "introduced" to a group of people here on Avalon who are much like me. And it has been nothing short of amazing (for me) because through our discussions "The Lid" has been slid back in a dramatic fashion, causing "The stuff to hit the fan", as most of you have recently witnessed. Because of that I do believe Role 7 best describes where I'm at now - To someone(s) anyway!:
Role 7: The Enigma. You know that I know that you know.....but what do I really know???

There are four things more that I'd like to state here:

1. I have never personally met anyone here on Project Avalon.

2. I have never verbally spoken with anyone here on Project Avalon.

3. When I say something, it is only me. I am me, and only just little ole' me.

4. I have never posted to, or been a member of, any forum other than Project Avalon.

Oh...And one more thing:

It was never about me. It's always been about you!

You ALL are amazing! And I really appreciate your support!

Best Wishes To All,

Harley Hawkins

p.s. More to come? ;)

Hiram
28th January 2011, 20:59
Boy....I'm humbled before that insightful description friend;-)!!

Thank you so much!

Bright Garlick
27th February 2011, 05:51
Hi Hiram - nice post.

I AM and see roles as just another form of attachment. But from a humorous pov, I'd say that I was acting like role 3,5 ,7 & 10. See myself more as a torch bearer.

Peace to you, Bright.

Ineffable Hitchhiker
27th February 2011, 10:35
Firstly, thank you Bright Garlick for bumping this thread.
Secondly, what a wonderful idea, Hiram. I really enjoy these kinds of introspective posts.

I am a mystical sage observer who plays all of the games displayed as well as I can with as good a spirit as I can muster. If I can not play enthusiastically and positively, I go home or quietly lurk.

This resonated with me.
My-self being reflected by/in an-other. :)

chelmostef
27th February 2011, 11:27
What wonderfull post Hiram and astute observations.

I think I am a variring combination of the following and switch about a bit.

Role 5: I am the sage. I have spent time in the Rabbit Hole. I am pretty sure I have a good idea whats going on. My posts usually just pose questions. I start threads on occasion. I'm not above injecting humor when needed. If you don't agree with me, I don't really care. You'll find out soon enough.

Role 9: Damaged Goods. I have been hurt so deeply by life that I vacillate between complete cynicism, and fanatic devotion to my idea of religion. Maybe because that religion is the only thing that helped me get through my terrible times. It’s earned my faith. There’s a bad-moon arisin’ Your all lost…unless you’re not!
(We all have a little bit of this don't we! perhaps some more than others)

Role 12: The Observer I enjoy simply watching as you unfold together. I find no need to participate or be heard. I am here to bear witness to these goings-on. For a thing to matter it must be perceived...and I am just another sensory organ of the Universe.

SKIBADABOMSKI
27th February 2011, 11:57
I'm number 13. The Comical Creator.
Someone that likes to thinks he sets stuff up in motion. Posts useful and sometimes risky to himself stuff.
Tends to like making funny or strong posts. Likes to create.

In other words a NOOB who is learning the ropes but has a creative swing in his step.

Peace

Ski-

Gardener
27th February 2011, 12:28
Nice thread, thanks for bumping so us noobs find it :)
Predominantly-Role 2: I am a quiet thinker. I don't post much, but when I do it is a carefully worded and well-thought out post. I mostly lurk and believe My own judgment needs constant revision. (not sure if well thought out always happens)

But maybe that;s how I want to see myself.

Plus a bit of 5, 9, and 12. thrown in.

What occurs to me lately is that I am changing from where I was, (predominantly 12) and I believe this has to do with the members here, thank you. :) Being judged is a 'fear/program' many of us share otherwise the ego would be pretty much redundant.:o

g
posting and running for cover, (not)

Belle
27th February 2011, 12:57
I had been a lurker for quite a while before joining and joined when I felt I could contribute. A few threads triggered some personal issues and rather than thinking it through, I posted my experiences, became embarassed for doing so and would lurk for a couple of days...am finally learning to slow down and think things through before I post.

So I'd say I'm a #2 I am a quiet thinker with the exception that I occasionally post quickly when something resonates, but find myself becoming more of an observer. There are so many good subjects going on at any given time and I find myself doing a lot of research.

Well, that was clear as mud!

manny
27th February 2011, 13:06
well i got my first troll badge!
i,m like a bull in a china shop.
and need to realise to calm down and sit back.
too many topics that get me going.
and i dont think before posting.
so hopefully i will earn the other badges on this journey.5134

Elly
27th February 2011, 13:44
I would qualify myself as a quiet thinker and mostly an observer.

I post when energized and inspired. I'm here to learn and share some of my insights.

shadowstalker
28th February 2011, 02:22
Truth be told, I am a little bit of all of them

InCiDeR
28th February 2011, 03:09
http://images.kitsch.se/items/spel-games-dice-russian-roulette--6144-o.jpg

http://www.pluggakuten.se/mathsymbolizer/math_cache/382bc0ea9d41460bb96eef6c98fa8ff7.gif

The output depends on the input. It is different everytime....

OnyxKnight
28th February 2011, 08:36
I'm a combination of the the Role 5 and Role 10.

pickle
28th February 2011, 08:56
Okay Avalonians….

I listed 10 personas that I have seen on the forum off the top of my head. I realize that most of us are various combinations and permutations of these roles and simply can't be categorized (that's why you are here!), but just for entertainments sake…which one(s) are you?? Are there others?

Role 2: I am a quiet thinker. I don't post much, but when I do it is............... average!!!!. I mostly lurk. That's close.

Role 4: I am the one-track poster. I have one or two topics I am interested in and will get round to posting in them incessantly. I hope! I was drawn to the boards because of a specific life experience(s) I have had that so changed me...I need to find out the answer. The ground beneath my feet is not steady...and I need to find out why.

Role 7: The Enigma. .....but what do I really know??? I know extremes of feelings, and everything in between, sometimes, all the time, never.
Must. Keep. Taking. The. Meds ;)

Role 10: The Mystic. …but I know it’s NOT a game. I hang out in the spirituality and threads. I spend time in the other threads too; mainly watching - I know I'll find what I need one day.

That's me done.

Great thread Hiram!

Pickle

PS. Hope you don't mind me changing your original.... it was quicker ;)

Hiram
29th April 2011, 23:29
Hello All.....I just rebump this thread from time to time. I think its and interesting exercise.

Remember, no can define you except for yourself!

Keep fighting the good fight.

Hiram

Davidallany
29th April 2011, 23:38
Depending on the situation, one, if able to, can be all the ten.

bennycog
30th April 2011, 00:26
ok mix me up with 2, 4, 7, and 9. somewhere amongst all that. Positive, caring and thirsty and a bit of a pirate argh..

DeDukshyn
30th April 2011, 00:34
I'd say I'm a a 3-5-7-10

An Enigmatic Instigating Sage Mystic ;)

Peace

Role 3: I am the instigator. I believe my job is "wake people up" to the truth. I write the largest number of new threads. I really like discussion and have strong opinions. My Motto: Watch this video: Time is short to wake up people!

Role 10: The Mystic. I travel the inner path. I have spent time in the dimensions…and to me…this is all a dream. I’m playing the game…but I know it’s just a game. I hang out in the spirituality and channeling threads. I spend time in the other threads too; in order to remind people not to forget about the spirit! My adherence sometimes infuriates the others.

Arc
30th April 2011, 00:39
I am a combination of your 2 and 12 -

Also, I am glad that you mentioned the #8 (from a govt agency/entity), so that those "wolves in sheep's clothing" shills know, that we know, that they are here, and that we may be able to figure out who they are, and prevent them from effectively interfering here.

DianeKJ
30th April 2011, 00:44
:) If I had to guess I would be a combo of

Fun thread Hiram, thanks :)
-Di

dan i el
30th April 2011, 01:07
oooh. 7 and 10 all the way. chin chin

Aurvandil
30th April 2011, 08:08
Role 2: I am a quiet thinker. I think I am, anyway, I haven´t been here so long as to find it out... :o

But if I read a thread that interests me I think long and hard on how to attribute to it. I never just write anything just to write, if you know what I mean. I want my posts to have facts and perhaps some twist or a connection that noone has mentioned. I also like to ask questions, because I think that there is always someone that knows more than I do...:biggrin::biggrin:

Tony
30th April 2011, 08:43
1.2.3.4.5.7.10.11.12...............13! But will probably turn out to be 6.8.9.....................no, definitely 13.

Tony
30th April 2011, 09:46
13, definitely 13.

jjl
30th April 2011, 10:33
I am a nine, wish I were a five.

White Phoenix
30th April 2011, 10:47
I'm not a number... I'm a human-being! :haha:

That said, I have enjoyed reading this thread, so many thanks to Hiram for posting!

I agree with Beren's description of the world...

It's like a really bad video game but still necessary for soul development.

The characters that we all play are capable of exhibiting all manner of qualities, but it is whether or not we choose to play and win the game, or allow the game to play and win us that determins how the story will unfold. Any limitations you perceive your character as having will be a result of what the in-game instructions (or lack of them) have led you to believe, but as we all know, if you take the time to pause, and invest that time by "reading the manual", you can learn to master the game instead of just playing it or letting it play you. To summarise my own personal "manual" - Know thyself, for you are infinite.

I guess that makes me a 10! :rapture:

Billy
30th April 2011, 11:40
A mix of 2 and 3 i would say, except i do not ask many Questions, If there was a peacemaker in threads option i would be there :peace:

Gaia
30th April 2011, 11:51
You're making me "Think" Ouch.....I just scratched my head and I got a great big splinter in my finger.

I have my computer 5 years and its been rather rough sometimes teaching myself. I've only posted chiefly on one other forum so I confess I don't know a lot about forums.
I've no idea what category I'm in. Can you pick me out ? :p I love to write. Before I bought the computer I would sit and write snail mail letters all day long. I believe its my brand of therapy for myself. I have to study the categories but really...Do we always 'Know' ourselves or do we delude ourselves ?

I have no idea where I fit, but seeing there is a name for a poster with way high number of posts makes me wonder !!!

noxon medem
31st December 2014, 17:38
-

So, have You figured it out, yet .?.

& an image, to justify this Bump .!.

be well
nm

-

jerry
31st December 2014, 21:31
#3 fits me best, not so much by choice, just am what I am

DeDukshyn
1st January 2015, 01:46
1.3.7. with a touch of 11 and a hint of 12; so much more I want to say :P ;)

Hervé
1st January 2015, 02:37
The kind that gets into anyone's teeth or "in their face" kind of dude... is that listed?

[Mod's hat off.. on... off... on... nyah! OFF!]

jackovesk
1st January 2015, 04:31
I tell the ((Truth as I Know It)) always have & always will...:)

Regardless of the (Consequences)...:wizard: