PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with the world

The One
13th January 2011, 09:35
Estimated earthquakes in 2010 were 20249 with estimated deaths from this at 226895 http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/eqlists/eqstats.html

Millions of people effected by floods ,snow, mudslides, and thousand die.There are estimated 1,423 murders per day in the world thats means there is a murder every 1.64 second.

On 5 August 1981 the Guardian claimed in its Third World Review that every year 30 million people die of hunger, more than half of them children under five.Every year 780 million people are suffering from hunger and malnutrition.Can you imagine what these figures are now.

Approximately 7.6 million people die from cancer each year

Around 5.4 million deaths a year are caused by tobacco

Twelve million people die from heart desease

The list goes on and on not so a perfect world is it.We can save the planet starting at this very moment if we really want to and I believe that saving planet Earth is not a steep task for us human beings. A little self-discipline and a little vigilance is probably all we need to get started to mend this broken world.

Iím sure you have ideas on what we should do. As for me, I do my own little thing by not polluting my own neighborhood. I also take the extra mile by sharing my ideas to others on how to save the planet. If they too have thoughts in saving Earth then they too share their their ideas to me. This way, our awareness grows even better which in turn encourages us to do the right thing.

What about you? What are your ideas? Whatís your share in this global effort to save the planet

http://cangrier-m.com/

Anchor
13th January 2011, 10:01
Some of this is due to the suboptimal contributions of humanity, but I think some of it is also down to "Earth Changes" - which I wrote about here if you want to read that http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?4579-Earth-changes-Discussion

How do we save the planet? Stop trashing the place and reduce our dependence on big industrial life support systems and move back to a more harmonious Earth friendly life support system.

9eagle9
13th January 2011, 14:56
WEll on one hand the earth has certain ways of cleaning itself. Floods, hurricanes, rain etc. And the way the earth is arranged will cause earthquakes. It's not personal.

We made it personal by disrupting this delicate balance. We tear down trees that prevent erosion and wonder why we have mudslides. We build cities and homes on flood plains and wonder why the earth is mad when she floods us out. We pump chemicals into the atmosphere by the ton, every second and wonder why we have huge amounts of rainfall that prompt flooding and because we've rearranged the natural parameters the earth installed to keep those floods under control we have extreme flooding or over flooding. So yes we have excerbated natural events to the point they become natural disasters.

Yep every time we drive our cars we are contributing to seeding the clouds. This not a judgement or accusation. It is just the way it is.

When the Mississipi river kept flooding people out after a decade I wondered when folks would get a clue that the earth was saying "this is one of my major arteries, stop clogging it, redirecting it, so you can build a condo on it. " That's all she was asking but people ignore it.

Famine and disease are in part TPTB, and US. Starvation is means of population control and so is letting disease run rampant. There are many cures for disease that we are not allowed access to. There are many cures that we are allowed access to because they are in our back yards. Much heart disease is caused by the foods TPTB distribute. Many people are entirely dependent and consumptive of that sort of valueless, disease prompting food.

Estimated earthquakes in 2010 were 20249 with estimated deaths from this at 226895 http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/eqlists/eqstats.html

Millions of people effected by floods ,snow, mudslides, and thousand die.There are estimated 1,423 murders per day in the world thats means there is a murder every 1.64 second.

On 5 August 1981 the Guardian claimed in its Third World Review that every year 30 million people die of hunger, more than half of them children under five.Every year 780 million people are suffering from hunger and malnutrition.Can you imagine what these figures are now.

Approximately 7.6 million people die from cancer each year

Around 5.4 million deaths a year are caused by tobacco

Twelve million people die from heart desease

The list goes on and on not so a perfect world is it.We can save the planet starting at this very moment if we really want to and I believe that saving planet Earth is not a steep task for us human beings. A little self-discipline and a little vigilance is probably all we need to get started to mend this broken world.

Iím sure you have ideas on what we should do. As for me, I do my own little thing by not polluting my own neighborhood. I also take the extra mile by sharing my ideas to others on how to save the planet. If they too have thoughts in saving Earth then they too share their their ideas to me. This way, our awareness grows even better which in turn encourages us to do the right thing.

What about you? What are your ideas? Whatís your share in this global effort to save the planet

http://cangrier-m.com/

ArtyCarl
13th January 2011, 15:48
When you look at those earthquake figures you can see that the actual total of earthquakes was lower in 2010 than in 9 of the 10 years prior to it. There does however seem to be a higher death rate than normal which could be down to the rise in earthquakes in the 7.0 - 7.9 richter scale range. The other factor could well be that as world population rises inexorably then people are forced to build on land that might not be best suitable. This is also true for flood plains and low lying areas.

On the brighter side (and possibly worrying in another way) those figures for cancer deaths and heart disease, I expect those to start coming down rapidly with the ever expanding understanding of the causes of these killers. As we get better at detecting and curing, so the populations will continue to increase and we will likely continue to build on places that are prone to the ravages of nature.