PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous and Jan 15th - Defending free speech.

Inelia
14th January 2011, 16:09
Defending free speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmRYdsfHQ0o

silentghost80
14th January 2011, 16:21
what have anonymous done but a few protests and over loaded a few web-servers they have not done anything of real consequence protest and get arrested I find the system amazing you have the right to protest but when you show up it like saying hey all the trouble makers gather and show them selves for the ptb to arrest and such

Inelia
14th January 2011, 16:27
what have anonymous done but a few protests and over loaded a few web-servers they have not done anything of real consequence protest and get arrested I find the system amazing you have the right to protest but when you show up it like saying hey all the trouble makers gather and show them selves for the ptb to arrest and such

I went to see their protests, they are peaceful. Personally speaking, I think that tens of thousands of young people standing up for free speech around the world is remarkable.

silentghost80
14th January 2011, 16:33
I think that tens of thousands of young people standing up for free speech around the world is remarkable. agreed /but i think they go about it the wrong way/ ive been on 4chan and alot of their protest are more akin to a rave

Celine
14th January 2011, 16:33
Remember WHO you are

http://www.glynn.k12.ga.us/BHS/Juniorprojects/Hopkins01/synettaj5284/63_march_Wash.jpg

http://static.twoday.net/cpix7/images/martin-luther-king-1963.jpg

http://www.talkingphotography.com/images/FVRcoly-BernieFlowerPower.jpg

silentghost80
14th January 2011, 16:40
good point celine but remember MLK go rewarded for all his work with a bullet

Arrowwind
14th January 2011, 16:43
I think that tens of thousands of young people standing up for free speech around the world is remarkable. agreed /but i think they go about it the wrong way/ ive been on 4chan and alot of their protest are more akin to a rave

So you don't like rave? what about hippies with flowers and LSD? Whatever the form demonstration comes in, whatever the overlay of culture, for every demonstration of our rights for freedom in all its varied aspects when done though peaceful declaration and dissent, we should thank God that some people still have the motivation and drive to stand up at all. Some day out of people somewhere who have courage and freedom in their hearts and minds we may find a new leader... and I pray for this... another King, another Ghandi to drive the masses into action

Celine
14th January 2011, 16:44
Negatives are ALWAYS balanced with positives...even if we can't see it off the bat..

Inelia
14th January 2011, 16:48
So you don't like rave? what about hippies with flowers and LSD? Whatever the form demonstration comes in, whatever the overlay of culture, for every demonstration of our rights for freedom in all its varied aspects when done though peaceful declaration and dissent, we should thank God that some people still have the motivation and drive to stand up at all. Some day out of people somewhere who have courage and freedom in their hearts and minds we may find a new leader... and I pray for this... another King, another Ghandi to drive the masses into action

I think one of the beauties of Anonymous is that they do NOT have a leader. This is a strength, and the reason why it is impossible to "target" and destroy them. Which some have tried to do. It is a new model of activism.

Edit: And rave is a party, yes it is :)

Celine
14th January 2011, 16:50
I think one of the beauties of Anonymous is that they do NOT have a leader. This is a strength, and the reason why it is impossible to "target" and destroy them. Which some have tried to do. It is a new model of activism.

I think this is the beauty of our community as well.

The webcitizen... the Avalonian..,..

Its not about leaders...its about leadership.

Arrowwind
14th January 2011, 16:53
god point celine but remember MLK go rewarded for all his work with a bullet

Martin Luther King died for the sins of the many and started the resurection
of this nation out of a hatred too foul
he freed not just blacks from injustice
but whites also from their own hatred that was binding a whole society
He is a martyr who's life was well spent regardless of how he died.
Humans have always died so others could be free
and King was not fool to the possibility
yet he continued on
Should we fear this for others or even for ourselves?
I would lay down my life for the freedom of my children
and your children as well if called
as so many before us have done

silentghost80
14th January 2011, 16:56
what about how they attack people who criticize them hack them their face book email everything go to 4chan and see their really a monstrous group that attack people for laughs and im reminded of this little vid http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/153878/saying-one-thing-and-doing-another

Celine
14th January 2011, 16:56
When a King sacrifices his life, for his people... the ripples are mighty powerful

Your words ArrowWind are powerful and your heart passionate.

Thank you for being here, now.

HURRITT ENYETO
14th January 2011, 17:04
what about how they attack people who criticize them hack them their face book email everything go to 4chan and see their really a monstrous group that attack people for laughs and im reminded of this little vid http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/153878/saying-one-thing-and-doing-another

You cant tar the whole movement with the same brush as a few stupid individuals.

silentghost80
14th January 2011, 17:09
You cant tar the whole movement with the same brush as a few stupid individuals. those same few stupid individuals started the movement im telling you go to any of the chan sites the ususaly post on /b/.......... but i will respect others thoughts on this and agree to disagree :biggrin1: but i bet ill be attacked by them for saying what i did on here

Inelia
14th January 2011, 17:34
those same few stupid individuals started the movement im telling you go to any of the chan sites the ususaly post on /b/.......... but i will respect others thoughts on this and agree to disagree :biggrin1: but i bet ill be attacked by them for saying what i did on here

Why, are you stopping free speech? No. So, you are not their target :)

FYI although Anonymous was born out of chan sites, it is not its only method of communication. And not their main hub. So, yes, you will find all sorts in chan, but not all Anonymous members.

noprophet
14th January 2011, 17:49
If you're pointing a finger at anyone saying there they are; you've entirely missed the point on anonymous.

Inelia
14th January 2011, 17:52
If you're pointing a finger at anyone saying there they are; you've entirely missed the point on anonymous.

LOL very well put ty

Fractalius
14th January 2011, 21:44
This is why 5 years ago I was making comment about people like A Jones. Although some measure of cage rattling is required, even then it was evident that that sort of reporting was pre-programming people to become violent. More so for the new folk waking up and being directed to the AJ empire of websites and news feeds. Baptism by fire. A Sudden waking up of masses when done on purpose by a controlling group would have a 'new person' pondering that all along those Conspiracy Theorists were right. What is the most known name and web addresses for a beginner to begin research? Result. Directed to a site peddling fear and rage. Riots in streets.
At that point I was imploring people to simply dance. Even when it is dancing like Shiva, continue to dance.

witchy1
14th January 2011, 21:58

Silentghost - Can you let us know - what is the RIGHT way then please.

If they manage to wake up just one person, they have done great. We are human, sometimes it takes pushing more than one button to get the picture, and sometimes in a few different ways (eg song and dance, speeches, movies, cartoons or life changing events like war, death of a loved one, serious illness etc). Not everyone learns /listens / resonates the exact same way. I will be interested in your response
W

silentghost80
14th January 2011, 23:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNO6G4ApJQYthis comes with all the do gooders is what im saying

Inelia
14th January 2011, 23:40
Silentghost, it is precisely because they are effective that FOX smeared them. Get it?

Magickfox
15th January 2011, 02:32
The general focus of the group at this point seems to be spreading awareness of freedom of speech in a peaceful manner.

Many people are unaware or uninformed about that battle that is going on right now for freedom of speech and censorship, most of this forum excluded obviously.

The web, in my opinion is the most important tool the world has seen in a long while. Allowing for not only people to connect and share information from all over the world but to have a voice if they choose. There is a battle going on to control this as we speak, one to increase censorship at the least.

And in my mind, a peaceful movement that is in the name of freedom of speech, free press, and free expression is step in the right direction.

It gives me hope anyways that this is one more variable in the big equation that will get people asking questions about the real issues at hand instead of the fabricated ones.

Loki
15th January 2011, 03:00

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3379/notsureiftrollingorjust.jpg (http://img695.imageshack.us/i/notsureiftrollingorjust.jpg/)

I like it how members of this site demonise the Main stream media then turn to it when it suites them, you know why Fox did this is because every time Fox chat boards come up we raid them and shut them down, we shut down one last night in 19 minutes.

You sir are full of crap ... Anonymous does have some members that hang at 4chan and they are allowed to ... as Anonymous is allowed to do whatever they want with no restriction, our group has done more then you will ever know while you sit at you PC all day and do nothing of any real value

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.

Celine
15th January 2011, 03:25
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3379/notsureiftrollingorjust.jpg (http://img695.imageshack.us/i/notsureiftrollingorjust.jpg/)

I like it how members of this site demonise the Main stream media then turn to it when it suites them, you know why Fox did this is because every time Fox chat boards come up we raid them and shut them down, we shut down one last night in 19 minutes.

You sir are full of crap ... Anonymous does have some members that hang at 4chan and they are allowed to ... as Anonymous is allowed to do whatever they want with no restriction, our group has done more then you will ever know while you sit at you PC all day and do nothing of any real value

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.

Do not assume ANYONE here is a nobody...

Loki
15th January 2011, 03:55
Do not assume ANYONE here is a nobody...

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7426/orlybird.jpg (http://img840.imageshack.us/i/orlybird.jpg/)

To assume means I have not witnessed.

To not have witnessed means you cannot assume.

Celine
15th January 2011, 04:05
We all have our points to view.

Assumptions and word games, will never lead to the heart of the matter.

Loki
15th January 2011, 04:56
We all have our points to view.

Assumptions and word games, will never lead to the heart of the matter.

It's not a word game its a statement

Celine
15th January 2011, 04:59
i say word game...you say statement...

in the end its all symantics.

So you are saying you are a member of anonymous?

We (avalon community) would love to hear more about this group..as they seem to be a key player atm

noprophet
15th January 2011, 05:01
Anonymous is in everyone.

WpwVfl3m32w

*adjusts his tie and walks out the thread*

Loki
15th January 2011, 05:08
These rules do not represent the writings and ideas of any one person; they were decided upon via joint consensus of many Anonymii.

The purpose of the demonstration in a modern western society is to convey a message to the public. In keeping with this objective, Anonymous has drafted 22 rules that Anonymous can follow in order to assure epic win and no loss of hit points on your part.

Rule #0: Rules 1 and 2 of the internet still apply. Your memes are not, at this juncture, something that the real world can appreciate. Although meme speak between fellow Anonymous is acceptable, focus on the target and keep it to a minimum.

Rule #1: Stay cool.

Rule #2: Stay cool, especially when harassed. You are an ambassador of Anonymous. Although individuals trying to disrupt your demonstration will get on your nerves, you must not lose your temper. Doing so will harm the protest and tarnish the reputation of Anonymous.

Rule #3: Comply with the orders of law enforcement officers above all else. Doing otherwise is harmful the demonstration as a whole and may compromise your performance as a human being. Do not request badge numbers unless you are being treated in a very abusive manner, as doing so will anger officers.

Rule #4: Notify city officials. Most jurisdictions either have rules about public protests, or would prefer to be notified that they are taking place. Know the rules for your jurisdiction and abide by them.

Rule #5: Always be across the street from the object being protested.

Rule #6: In the absence of a road, find another natural barrier between yourself and the target of protest. Doing so will make it more difficult for individuals hostile to your cause to come and harass you.

Rule #7: Stay on public property. You may be charged for trespassing if you do not.

Rule #8: No violence.

Rule #9: No weapons. The demonstration is a peaceful event. Your weapons. You will not need them.

Rule #10: No alcohol or pre-drinking. Violating this rule may easily precipitate a violation of rules 1 and 2.

Rule #11: NO graffiti, destruction, or vandalism.

Rule #12: If you want to do something stupid, pick another day. These should be self explanatory. Violation of these rules during a demonstration will tarnish the reputation of Anonymous, harm the demonstration itself and leave you vulnerable to attention from law enforcement.

Rule #13: Anonymous is legion. Never be alone. Isolation during a protest marks you as a target for handlers who wish to provoke an angry reaction from you and other hostiles. In keeping with this principle...

Rule #14: Organize in squads of 10 to 15 people.

Rule #15: One or two megaphones per squad. A megaphone is helpful for maintaining the overall cohesion of a demonstration and spreading your message. However, too many will confuse the public and render you hearing impaired.

Rule #16: Know the dress code. Forming a loose yet reasonable dress code for protest members will help to maintain cohesion and get the public to take you seriously.

Rule #17: Cover your face. This will prevent your identification from videos taken by hostiles, other protesters or security. Use scarves, hats and sunglasses. Masks are not necessary, and donning them in the context of a public demonstration is forbidden in some jurisdictions.

Rule #18: DO NOT take ID or credit cards. This will prevent your definitive identification in case you do something unseemly and get noticed by law enforcement.

Rule #19: Bring water.

Rule #20: Wear good shoes. Following these rules will assure your comfort during the demonstration. Keep in mind that demonstrations may often be quite lengthy.

Rule #21: Signs, flyers, and phrases. Have yours ready. Make sure that signs are large enough to read. Also ensure that the text on your signs and your phrases are pertinent to the target of the protest. Finally, prepare legible, uncomplicated and accurate flyers to hand out to those who wish to know more regarding the motivations behind your actions.

Finally, Rule #22: Document the demonstration. Videos and pictures of the event may be used to corroborate your side of the story if law enforcement get involved. Furthermore, posting images and videos of your heroic actions all over the internet is bound to generate win, exhorting other Anonymous to follow your glorious example.

If you follow these simple rules, the success of your action is virtually assured. However, keep in mind that the success of the demonstration as a whole hinges on the good behavior of all those who participate. Ignore these rules at your own peril. Follow them, and victory will be yours.

We are Anonymous.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
And now, we are expected

Celine
15th January 2011, 05:12
Good rules..

i seem to remember hearing similiar ones when my parents were doing anti nuke rallys..

Are they any rules about filming the protest? and uploading it?

Loki
15th January 2011, 05:19
Anonymous is in everyone.

WpwVfl3m32w

*adjusts his tie and walks out the thread*

You beat me :( good job though /b/rother

=[Post Update]=

Good rules..

i seem to remember hearing similiar ones when my parents were doing anti nuke rallys..

Are they any rules about filming the protest? and uploading it?

Finally, Rule #22: Document the demonstration. Videos and pictures of the event may be used to corroborate your side of the story if law enforcement get involved. Furthermore, posting images and videos of your heroic actions all over the internet is bound to generate win, exhorting other Anonymous to follow your glorious example.

Celine
15th January 2011, 05:27
oops..my bad.

sorry it is late and i have had a lot to read.do this evening.

it is a fasinating subject..

being a child of the 60's to see how this generation deals with demonstrations.

Good job

Loki
15th January 2011, 05:33
http://wlcentral.org/events-protests

Check it for times dates and locations, Anonymous is not an exclusive club we are all anon.

http://anonnews.org/?p=press&a=item&i=221

fxT3Bn7_-Ig

LMojJBQS_9g
Our operation Tunisia

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/592/dibujo1er.jpg (http://img407.imageshack.us/i/dibujo1er.jpg/)

silentghost80
15th January 2011, 16:49
I remember agreeing to disargee but, the main question on my mind is how can you go around censoring websites via ddos attacks and say you support free speach your just censoring your enemy its no different than the other side.Where does that get us more duality more us vs them .(LoKi) I haven't demonized anything. I cant demonize Anonymous they have already done it to themselves taking on the mantra of Legion "My name is Legion: for we are many." and should I go into the danger of a group philosophy that anyone can take up. I can see it splitting in factions. More division is not the answer of a higher understanding .How about embracing and understanding each other moving toward a world of abundance. Us vs them is just a way to distract us from that .

I am no troll and I am not stupid
and here is a little pictograph for you (LoKi)
http://goodsforlife.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/funny-pictures-color-blind-cat-rubiks-cube.jpg now I'm done with debating any point this is my final answer lol and lets all be friends ;)

Loki
16th January 2011, 01:22
LOL what we do is not censoring its showing the other side that if pushed we can push back if need be, we only show small displays of force usually in the way of denial of service for a short period of time.

Its more about showing as a people we are a force to be reckoned with by sticking together.

your pic makes no sense because it is 1 cat ... we are legion, we see all.

Celine
16th January 2011, 01:25
Not all.

Right path, becomes dark with to much Ego

as much as i support the passion in this.. i sometimes find the ego to big to swallow

silentghost80
16th January 2011, 20:35
I'm reminded of Spartacus