PDA

View Full Version : Sodium Bicarbonate

Steven
14th January 2011, 22:55
Hi,

Do you know that, among the overflow of important health knowledge, one that really stands apart for its profound impact on our health is the pH of the inner environment (body and fluids).

The pH of the body is probably the most important factor for health and it is not common knowledge.

Basically, acidic environment (pH below 7.0) are excellent for microbes, germs and bacterias to thrives. While alkali environment (pH above 7.0) is excellent to maintain the natural state of the whole body.

Sodium bicarbonate (pH of 14) can be used to increase the pH according to the weight.

I have gathered some articles to share information about the topic because I believe it is fundamental. I can personally testify about it from my personal experience.

Mark Sircus and Tullio Simmoncini have made some interesting research on the use of Sodium Bicarbonate. But they aren't alone, the group of professional becoming aware of this amazing knowledge is increasing each days.

How it can cure and prevent Cancer: http://healthnews.benabraham.com/html/sodium_bicarbonate_-_baking_so.html

How Fungus, yeast connection with cancer: http://www.cancertutor.com/Other/CurrentStudy.html

General pH management: http://www.life-enthusiast.com/index/Articles/Sircus/Sodium_Bicarbonate

Cancer, baking Soda and Maple Syrup: http://www.life-enthusiast.com/index/Articles/Sircus

A book about Sodium Bicarbonate: http://sodiumbicarbonate.imva.info/

A small video of doctor Sircus philosophy in medicinal application: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCR_og7pDyg

Namaste, Steven

Tea
14th January 2011, 23:18
Here is an interview with an Dr. Tullio Simoncini I saw awhile back. He claims to cure patients with cancer by injecting sodium bicarbonate.

Cancer is Fungus 1 of 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQuODiMlUsc&feature=related

Cancer is Fungus 2 of 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri-C8VvF3Rs&feature=related

cloud9
14th January 2011, 23:44
I'd like to add here the link www.earthclinic.com where regular folks are giving testimony about folks remedies for many diseases and maladies.
One of the most commonly used is sodium bicarbonate with another champion: apple cider vinegar with mother, the two o them mixed with water, are very helpful for a lot of ailments.
This two: sodium bicarbonate and apple cider vinegar with mother should be used daily in every home.

str8thinker
15th January 2011, 00:01
Great post, thanks.

Quite apart from cancer, alkalinization has been regarded as one way of increasing longevity.

In the Monaro region of the Australia Snowy Mountains, farmers had known for years about the longevity of cattle and sheep. The government-run Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization had been researching for 35 years why some animals lived twice as long, and most lived at least 30% longer. It produced long-lived stock. Farms next door to each other produced completely different results. Some had long-lived livestock while on the adjoining property lifespan were normal. This meant the farms on the very edge of the lava flow were on a mixture of basalt and underlying granite. The rest of the farms were either granite or basalt. It was the seven farms that coincided exactly with the seven farms that produced long-lived stock. Nature's freak accident, the right mix of minerals, had produced the natural conditions of the spring water, with its rich natural mix of magnesium bicarbonate which was the agent that has been trial by the Japanese and the Koreans to attack carbon dioxide and ageing. And it had already been created by nature. It was the water. So the old folk of the Monaro who for three generations had insisted there was something in the water only to be laughed at by outsiders, were proved right: there WAS something in the spring water, increasing the life of their farm animals.

http://www.amazingmicrowater.com/alkaline.php

On the other hand, all carbonated "fizzy" drinks we love to gulp down have the opposite effect - they contain carbonic acid produced by dissolving carbon dioxide in water. Hmm, funny that Coca-Cola and Schweppes haven't jumped on the alkalinization bandwagon. They're trying to outdo each other by adding guarana, caffeine and sugar.

One of the best ways of cleaning an old copper coin is to soak it in Coca-cola for a few hours.

(Added later)

Remember that by taking sodium bicarbonate you increase your sodium levels which raises blood pressure, aggravating high blood pressure if you happen to suffer from this. To offset this you might prefer to combine it with potassium citrate. Also sodium bicarbonate should not be taken with meals as this neutralizes gastric acid needed to digest food. See

http://www.heal-yourself.com.au/Alkalizing_with_Sod.Bicarb_Pot.Cit.html

Anyone suffering from kidney stones will probably recall being advised to alkalinize blood and urine (which is filtered blood) to prevent stones forming in an acid environment. Therefore google for medical pages on this subject which will give further guidance on the safest methods to use.

Over-alkalinization may lead to calcium deposits in cholesterol plaques, etc. so can cause as many problems as over-acidization.

Arrowwind
15th January 2011, 01:35
Here is a remarkable testimonial from Vance on how he cured his prostate cancer with bicarb.
I will mention here that some cases of prostate cancer have also cured with MMS, as well as some breast cancer.

I communicated with Vernon a couple of months ago and he is still quite well
http://phkillscancer.com/vernons_dance_with_cancer

Steven
15th January 2011, 01:39
If you feel fatigue randomly during daytime,
if you have hard time getting rid of infections,
if you lack energy when doing physical effort,
chances are high your pH is too low and your inner environment too acidic.

The great majority of the people has acidic body and fluids. Too long this way and cancer awaits.
Sodium bicarbonate is just a mean, the important thing here is the pH of the body.
Some people, on rare case, have Sodium bicarbonate contraindication, but it is in case of rare sicknesses.

For people who often do physical efforts, when your body works hard, it produce lactic acid, that is what causes the feeling of fatigue.
If your inner body environment is already acidic, it will not take long before you feel fatigue.
But if you begin your physical effort (of any kind) with an alkaline inner environment, it will take much longer before you feel tired.
I have a long road of martial arts, swimming/diving and hockey and I can assure you i am speaking out of personal experience.

Fig is by far the most efficient fruit to increase the pH.
Raisin are also pretty good.
All fruits and vegetables are good, fresh of course.

Meats, eggs, fishes and nuts will lower your pH.
But red meat is the worse. Especially the manufactured one :)
Sugar, tobacco and coffee too, a lot.

You do not need to change much your diet though, if you are ready to use Sodium bicarbonate with greater severity.

Namaste, Steven

Limor Wolf
15th January 2011, 01:59
I find this post very usefull!
.how about having the opposite problem too much alkalin and not a lot of acidity? i am vegeterian from a very early age

Steven
15th January 2011, 02:08
.how about having the opposite problem too much alkalin and not a lot of acidity? i am vegeterian from a very early age

I will be totally honest with you. From what I know, the limits of a considered healthy inner living body are between 6.5 to 7.5. I have never heard or read anything that says too much alkaline inner environment (supposing 7.5 for several years for example) was causing health problems.
If you are vegetarian, you probably do not need much to increase your inner pH. But you can do a test at the hospital, or by yourself. Go to the pharmacy and get a small testing kit, doable with saliva or urine.

Namaste, Steven

HORIZONS
15th January 2011, 02:24
I brush my teeth with it and add it to my bath (along with sea salt) as well. It is also great for calming acid reflux issues.

Steven
15th January 2011, 02:44
Other factors lower the pH. These are quite spread out in the world today and they haven't nothing to do directly with food and drink.

1. Stress. This is one of the most efficient cause to lower the inner pH. Meditation helps greatly. Yoga is awesome.
2. Lack of oxygen. Again, increasing in the cities. It becomes more important nowadays to breath deeply. No need to spend hours yoga training, just breath deeply. I know it takes a long time to integrate. Fill up the lower part of your lungs first (belly) instead of the upper part first (stress change the natural way into this widely spread habit).

Namaste, Steven

Jonathon
15th January 2011, 02:53
Thanks for the thread Steven. Just some personal experience to add:

Back in the summer of 2003, I was making preparations to get married. One of those preparations was to go to the tanning salon (yes, I know =P). After the 3rd tanning session, I noticed a sore had developed on my chest - right in the center over my sternum. At first I didn't think anything of it - wasn't sure where it came from. After one more session, I noticed the sore began to leak fluid while I was under the lamps. Over a period of years, the spot on my chest began to grow until it was about the size of a quarter - red and asymmetric. My hunch has always been that it was a pre-cancerous lesion.

About 3-4 weeks ago, I noticed my 'spot' was no longer red - turning more white (like scar tissue). In fact you can barely even see where it was. This after 7 years of slow growth - having always been somewhere between dark pink and red without much variation.

So I was racking my brain trying to figure out what I did to heal it. Only 2 things have changed in the last 2-3 months. 1) I bought truly raw almonds (not pasteurized or harmed in any way) direct from a farmer (pounds of them) and eat loads of them every day... even making my own almond butter. I have been eating almonds and almond butter for a long time, however these were all the organic raw and flash pasteurized versions. 2) I have been making my own deodorant - baking soda (45%), coconut oil (45%) and Celtic sea salt (10%) -- which is absolutely fabulous by the way. I had already been using this as a toothpaste for a few months prior.

So there you go! Either the flash pasteurization of almonds really does kill the healing power or the deodorant combo had some major impact. Certainly both made some contribution.

Limor Wolf
15th January 2011, 02:56
thanks steven,i was participating in a medical experiment in hospital,and they were amazed how my body has low level acidity,wich can effect the digestion of food etc. i always notice how low levels of something does not get any medical reference like low blood pressure,low sugar levels and so on,all of them were familiar to me.

you seem to know a great deal on that.thanks again for sharing

Arrowwind
15th January 2011, 03:12
Low levels of stomach acid always get attention because it causes indigestion and people end up in zantac or whatever. Stomach acid should be high not low. If you are refluxing acid it is because in most cases your stomach acid is too low.

Doctors misinterpet reflux disease as too much acid, when in actuality it is too low of an amount of acid.... it gets attention for the wrong reasons.

bluesky1
15th January 2011, 13:32
Thank You so much for this post, my husband was just told he has not only prostate cancer spread to the bones but last week we were told he also has a cancer on his left lung just behind the aorta, we are trying anything and everything to fight this, we stay as positive as we can, he has never ever had any health problems in his life so its a big shock at the age of 59 to be fighting the fight with this biggy.

Love to All X

Limor Wolf
15th January 2011, 16:29
Dear Bluesky1! what an experience you are having.that is a difficult challenge and i wish and pray for best results for your husband.is that o.k if i will pray for him and send healing thoughts his way? there are some 'heavy cannons' that you can pull like MMS and NLP.

i wish you a blue sky,soon.

with love,
Limor

edina
15th January 2011, 17:01
I love all the wonderful uses of sodium bicarbonate, but I've been wondering; how do we get sodium bicarbonate when we can no longer buy it on the shelves? I've stocked up a lot of it. But, if for any reason a TEOTAWAKI event does happen, and we no longer have manufacturing, and stores, that extra stock will eventually run out.

Does anyone know how to make it, or something like it, so we can replenish our stores as we use it?

Ammit
15th January 2011, 22:19
Bluesky1, I am sure that all the very best love, light and healing powers are being sent your way by all the lovely souls here on avalon, mine is on it`s way to you both. I wish you and your husband great success with your healing process.

Blessings

Ammit

Ammit
15th January 2011, 22:42
Bicarbonate of soda is also good for ulcers, I would however not clean my teeth with it too often as it has been said to remove the natural enamel layer from the teeth.

witchy1
15th January 2011, 23:32
Thanks for starting this thread Steven. The old medical texts used to say the first thing a physician must do in treating any patient who is unwell is to alkalyze their body. This has now been removed from the texts. (sorry no link)
My understanding is that disease will only occur in an acid environment. (and stress will make your body acid just as easily as food does - you can check on your own test strips for proof)

Sodium bicarbonate is on all hospital crash carts - see top drawer contents here as example http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/cppn/resources/clinical_skills_refresher/crash_cart/top_drawer.html. It is used following a cardiac arrest to decrease the acidity in the body. So there is no doubting its effectiveness.

Again my understanding is that oral soda bic wont reach the nooks and crannies in the body,(like bone marrow) and it has to be given via a port-a-cath for longer term treatment (say a week) and some doctors specializing in it inject straight into the tumor.

Recently I brought test strips in an effort to guage my own PH - just for general health. I had to get them off my sister inlaw who works for a vet as the chemists in sydney dont stock them! They cost $70 NZD. You can get litmus paper but they are thought not overly accurate and can be difficult to read

However, I recently developed 2 DVT's in my arm (no risk factors) and in hospital my ph was 5.5 on blood testing. I am trying to get it up with soda bic, without it having it interact with warfrin, its tricky as so many thing interact with it.

Dr Simoncini is using this therapy for treating cancer. It is his understanding (as with many others) that cancer is a fungus http://www.curenaturalicancro.com/
Just thought I would share

Ammit
15th January 2011, 23:37
Witchy1, dont forget the usefullness of cayenne pepper, food for the heart and helps with many digestinal ailments. Make a tea of a quarter teaspoon in warm water and stir in between sips.

Blessings

Ammit

witchy1
15th January 2011, 23:39
Thanks Ammit - got anything up your sleeve to deal with a blocked subclavian artery??????

Ammit
15th January 2011, 23:44
OOOOOH, not that I know of, sorry but try the cayenne pepper. Supposed to help the heart pump harder as it feeds it naturally!!. Dont have evidence of this but sure puts all my body on a high once drunk. Try garlic too.

witchy1
15th January 2011, 23:51
Thanks again Ammit, trying not to move it (thru increase heart/blood pressure) because if it does I will throw of a pulmonary embolism (PE) and then I'll be history. I need to dissolve it. Warfrin thins the blood so I dont get another one and is meant to allow the body to break it down........but its been 4 weeks now - they do take a while tho. Any suggestions anyone?????:sick:

Addit: Sorry Steven, off topic. Didnt mean to hi jack the thread

witchy1
16th January 2011, 00:07
Thank You so much for this post, my husband was just told he has not only prostate cancer spread to the bones but last week we were told he also has a cancer on his left lung just behind the aorta, we are trying anything and everything to fight this, we stay as positive as we can, he has never ever had any health problems in his life so its a big shock at the age of 59 to be fighting the fight with this biggy.

Bluesky, sending you light and strength. Please please try alternative treatments. examples include B17, cannibis oil and our favorite MMS:

For MMS try the Jim Humble thread here at Avalon. I have a supplier if you have difficuties finding one
http://thecrowhouse.com/cncr.html
http://www.cancure.org/links.htm - lists of links that may assist
http://www.cancure.org/directory.htm list of alternative clinics

Arrowwind
16th January 2011, 00:16
Thanks Ammit - got anything up your sleeve to deal with a blocked subclavian artery??????

I absolutely have an answer for you withcy1.

You need nattiokinase. It will disolve a clot in less than a week, one molecule at a time. It is remarkable enzyme therapy. I was going to attach documents on natto and arteriosclerosis but they were too big. If you are interested in having them I can email them to you if you PM me.

Lifebringer
16th January 2011, 00:48
Thank you so much. I was a little concerned with lack of health care and the diverticulai and ulcerated stomach from the last ten years.
Not to mention the fact of being a smoker for the last 41.

More like in a pancreatic area. Vital organ treatment coming up.
I use the apple cider vinegar to speed the metabolism and melt stored fats to pass in the urine. Lost 52 pounds in 7 months.
I use garlic clove to boost immune system during the flu season and don't catch colds(rhino virus) anymore.
honey for energy.

Lifebringer
16th January 2011, 00:52
what's it clogged with? If its fats in your blood, a table spoon of apple cider vinegar to melt those stored fats and thin the blood for circulation, remember to take iron though after a couple of days if you get cold.

Lifebringer
16th January 2011, 00:58
Trying desperately to quit smoking, lots of stress and not too good at meditation yet. I bought the green smoke things with no tar, no flame, no second hand smoke, just vapor and nicotine dose, but they cost and i need to check the internet for cheaper price on them. I heard 7-eleven has them for only 19 dollars, instead of the 89 bucks. Wish me luck.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

lecithin or vinegar witchy1

Steven
16th January 2011, 02:31
...Addit: Sorry Steven, off topic. Didnt mean to hi jack the thread

It's quite OK with me. All helpful interaction are welcome.

By the way, if your pH is below 6.0, it is time to act.

Namaste, Steven

witchy1
16th January 2011, 02:43
Cheers Lifebringer, I feel your pain re smoking. I havnt seen the green smoke things??? what are they. I saw some guy at the airport dragging on something - wonder if that was it. there was a vapout coming out of it.

I use ACV with NZ honey, sodabic and MMS if needed. (pus some vitamins prn) Who knows whats its clogged with - as we know the medicals are hell bent on symptoms, not causes!!!!! I think its from infection, or the ct showed a small mass on my adrenal gland..... arghhhh. GP just referred me to the hospital docs as he doesnt know what a/b's to give me (for UTI) that doesnt react with the rat poison. We will see how it all unfolds. Definately helps having a past life as RN:-) I can throw my weight around a bit, and they (generally) listen - lol. Sounds like I'm a bit of a train wreck, but I actually feel fine. Arrow gave me heaps of information on the nitto, so will be trying that - great stuff, get rid of scar tissue, bruising, varicose veins as well has blocked DVT's....Wahoo

witchy1
16th January 2011, 02:49
By the way, if your pH is below 6.0, it is time to act. Thanks Steven,:hug: I am trying, and its around 6 atm. I just cant raise it significantly even with sodabic and I think these DVT's have something to do with it - or that thing on my adrenal gland (which gets orders from the pituitary) something out of sync somehwere. Off to RPA hospital ED tomorrow to sit and wait no doubt for 4 or 5 hours to be seen.

Mayan2012
16th January 2011, 04:27
Here is a site that offers much valuable information on this subject, from a cancer survivor.

http://phkillscancer.com/

Mayan2012
16th January 2011, 04:56
Thanks Steven,:hug: I am trying, and its around 6 atm. I just cant raise it significantly even with sodabic and I think these DVT's have something to do with it - or that thing on my adrenal gland (which gets orders from the pituitary) something out of sync somehwere. Off to RPA hospital ED tomorrow to sit and wait no doubt for 4 or 5 hours to be seen.

If I were you I would consider visiting a doctor who is open to natural remedies and open to new ideas.
Here are some videos that you may want to watch that will get you started on elevating your PH:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl8Y8I_TsjI&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeMrfmx5p6E&feature=related

There are many videos, books and websites where you can get all the information you need to elevate your PH.
The thing about PH is that our American diet is such that most of the foods available at all restaurants decrease your PH, most of the liquids you drink also decrease your PH.
Unfortunately it takes some effort to eat and drink the proper high PH substances. It might surprise you to know that most water available makes your body more acid. When your body is acid it not only makes you vulnerable to illnesses such as Cancer, Diabetes and such but it also makes your fat cells grow. I other words, it makes you fat. On top of that, in an effort to level your PH, your body leaches calcium from your bones in order to bring Alkaline to your blood so as to increase your PH.
This is the main reason older people loose their posture and fracture bones. They have years of loosing calcium to trying to elevate the body"s PH.
It is so amazing that the solution is so simple and inexpensive. That is also the reason mainstream medicine does not condone this treatment, it is cheap ans simple and effective. But I'm sure you already knew that. :-) Good luck on your doctor's visit and don't let him talk you into anything you know better not to do. Like taking drugs.

Mayan2012
16th January 2011, 06:25

Are you too alkaline?
What was your PH the last time you tested yourself? If your PH is above 8, you may consider eating certain fruits and vegetables that will balance your PH. http://www.trans4mind.com/nutrition/pH.html this site will present to you the PH of many foods you may want to eat to keep yourself PH balanced.
Usually, due to the high acid content in a high percentage of food we eat daily, the problem of being too alkaline normally does not arise.
Normally the body has an easy time self balancing it's PH from acid to alkaline.

str8thinker
16th January 2011, 12:30
Please, let's inject a little common sense into this.

The body's normal pH range is slightly alkaline (i.e., over 7.0) at 7.35 to 7.45, and is kept that way by BUFFERING using the body's proteins, etc. Since the speed of so many chemical reactions depend on the precise value of the pH, the body does all it can to maintain the pH within that range, and usually does it with no help from us. This normal range has been carefully established; to venture beyond it may be asking for trouble.

Anyone who has ever kept goldfish should understand why buffering is essential. Sure, fish will live in pure water for some time but with no buffering, any small excess of acidity or alkalinity will produce vast swings in the pH which may be lethal. Pond or aquarium "conditioners" are in reality added salts which maintain the pH at the desired range for the species, and may need to be replaced from time to time. Similarly, in humans, proteins (and other chemicals) are able to soak up excessive hydrogen or hydroxyl ions and keep the pH within the normal range.

There are two main ways in which the pH may be driven down: metabolic acidosis and respiratory acidosis. In metabolic acidosis, acids produced or ingested contribute hydrogen ions which are the cause of acidity. In respiratory acidosis, some impairment of breathing restricts the flushing out of CO2, causing it to accumulate in the body as carbonic acid.

The converse of the two above conditions are metabolic alkalosis and respiratory alkalosis. You can bring the latter on fairly easily by hyperventilating. The cure for this is to breathe into a bag, which prevents further CO2 from escaping, allowing the pH to return to normal levels.

Before any of you start experimenting with alkalosis treatments, you should read this excellent introductory article: Acid-base homeostasis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid-base_homeostasis). It's not rocket science.

Steven
16th January 2011, 13:03
...you seem to know a great deal on that.thanks again for sharing

I am aware of this since I began to search for health alternative. With a book, written in Brazil called; "A onde no ha medico" "where there is no doctor": http://www.hesperian.org/publications_download_wtnd.php

A friend of mine, a Brazilian physicist by profession, told me about the importance of the pH of the body. At that time, I was struggling with infections, especially throat infection. I was eating a lot of meat and training Jiu-Jitsu every single day. My body was very acidic. When I began increasing my pH with Sodium bicarbonate, it was incredible, days and night. I never took antibiotic again, it was sixteen years ago.

I don't know much about the topic, it simply goes too deep. I expect to read this book this year: http://publications.imva.info/index.php/e-books/sodium-bicarbonate-rich-man-s-poor-man-s-cancer-treatment-e-book.html

But I encourage people to dig in the topic, you will discover an accessible treasure for health, energy and longevity.

Namaste, Steven

Steven
16th January 2011, 13:13
...The body's normal pH range is slightly alkaline (i.e., over 7.0) at 7.35 to 7.45, and is kept that way by BUFFERING using the body's proteins, etc.

Indeed. Balance in all things.

But the inner body balance (natural) pH level IS not the balance pH level. (I am not addressing this to you str8thinker, I know you know this) The pH ratio is scale on a 14 steps, which 7.0 is the balance level. But it doesn't mean it is the best level for inner body, which according to modern studies (sees Mark Sircus and Tullio Simoncini researches ans publications), looks more like 7.2 to 7.4, which is slightly alkaline.

The problem nowadays, is that most people have a very low pH, in some case, can be as low as 4.0 or worse. That is due to modern diet, stress and lack of oxygen. Sodium Bicarbonate is just a mean.

Namaste, Steven

Mayan2012
16th January 2011, 20:58
Indeed. Balance in all things.

But the inner body balance (natural) pH level IS not the balance pH level. (I am not addressing this to you str8thinker, I know you know this) The pH ratio is scale on a 14 steps, which 7.0 is the balance level. But it doesn't mean it is the best level for inner body, which according to modern studies (sees Mark Sircus and Tullio Simoncini researches ans publications), looks more like 7.2 to 7.4, which is slightly alkaline.

The problem nowadays, is that most people have a very low pH, in some case, can be as low as 4.0 or worse. That is due to modern diet, stress and lack of oxygen. Sodium Bicarbonate is just a mean.

Namaste, Steven

Also there is a common misconception that drinking water is good for you. People trying to loose weight and trying to stay healthy drink plenty of water and other drinks. However....they may be doing themselves more harm by doing this. Those individuals who are not aware of the importance of maintaining their body's PH at 7.4 or above will drink and eat whatever they think is healthy. But as Steven stated, the modern diet will lower your body's PH and you will not loose weight, your immune system may be weak, so you may get infections, colds, flus, etc. and if you add to that a life style that keeps you stressed, you are will be even more open to the very things you are trying to avoid.
http://www.phmiracleliving.com/ This is one of many websites dedicated to educating the public on the importance of PH balance in your body. I highly recommend everyone to visit it. It may change your life.

Mayan2012
16th January 2011, 21:25

Witchy1, I know you didn't ask me but when I see an opportunity to help someone I take it.

As you know, i'm sure, the body's health is 100% dependent on the quality of food you eat. the blood builds the body by nourishing each and every cell in your entire body, including bones, brain, blood vessels, hair, etc.. The body is all natural, so it needs all natural nutrition in it's natural state, uncooked. The best way to heal your body, regardless of what may be the problem is to follow a raw food diet. It is not the easiest thing to accomplish, but it is the best thing you can do for your body.
Here is a video that might help someone get started. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUUn0odd_cA
As a bonus, THERE IS NO FASTER, HEALTHIER WAY TO LOOSE WEIGHT! I lost 11 pounds the first week and my wife lost 14 pounds the first week and we felt so energized, our skin looked younger and healthier.

Good luck.

str8thinker
17th January 2011, 03:07
(Steven) But the inner body balance (natural) pH level IS not the balance pH level. (I am not addressing this to you str8thinker, I know you know this) The pH ratio is scale on a 14 steps, which 7.0 is the balance level. But it doesn't mean it is the best level for inner body, which according to modern studies (sees Mark Sircus and Tullio Simoncini researches ans publications), looks more like 7.2 to 7.4, which is slightly alkaline.

If you read my post, I stated that the normal pH range for the human body is 7.35 to 7.45, which is very close to yours (7.2 to 7.4). I did not imply that having a pH of 7 was the optimum. The term "balance level" is yours; the preferred term is "neutral pH". That is the pH of distilled water. Also, for those who are not aware of it, the pH scale is a logarithmic one, i.e., a solution with a pH of 6 contains 10x as many hydrogen ions as one with a pH of 7; the pH scale was designed logarithmically to make it it easier to use. See

Chemistry in Everyday Life - Acids and Bases (http://wordwolf.com/education/chemistry-in-everyday-life-acids-and-bases.html) (from which the image below was taken)

http://wordwolf.com/images/stories/628px-ph_scale.png

This is an easy to read article with lots of practical examples. NaHCO3 is sodium bicarbonate.

witchy1
17th January 2011, 12:00
Witchy1, I know you didn't ask me but when I see an opportunity to help someone I take it.

Mayan :kiss3: Thank you for caring

Lettherebelight
18th January 2011, 00:15
This is a very good book on this subject, I'm sure many of us have read it.

'Alkalize or Die' by Dr. Theodore A. Baroody

No home should be without a copy!

str8thinker
18th January 2011, 07:27
(Lettherebelight) This is a very good book on this subject, I'm sure many of us have read it.

'Alkalize or Die' by Dr. Theodore A. Baroody

Here is an Amazon customer review (http://www.amazon.com/Alkalize-Die-Superior-Through-Alkaline-Acid/dp/0961959533) that agrees with my own opinion of this book:

"I am reviewing the ninth edition (2006) of Dr. Baroody's book, Alkalize or Die. Dr. Baroody's book has helped me understand the relationship between acid-forming foods and alkaline-forming foods, yet I must say it required some level of discernment to sift the wheat from the chaff.

"One of the positive features to Dr. Baroody's approach to healthful living is his recognition of each person's unique biochemistry. Throughout this book he continues to remind his readers that each person is an individual and therefore might experience variant results when compared to other people.

"It is important to understand that Dr. Baroody's theories and principals are based as largely on his personal alternative health experiences (trial and error) as they are on any demonstrable medical science. It is also important to know that Dr. Baroody gives much credence to the metaphysical teachings of eastern spiritualism, which may be a detractor to some readers. In the book's introduction, Dr. Baroody writes, "My viewpoint is founded on ancient Hindu, Chinese, Tibetan, and Greco-European healing philosophies and on several great modern men in the field of health." One of these "great modern men" is Edgar Cayce, who is referenced as an authority many times throughout the book.

"So long as the reader is a proponent of New Age and/or Eastern spiritualism, this book should be quite acceptable. For those of us who are more Western in their worldview, the book requires discernment to pick and choose what you care to take from it.

"An example of how Dr. Baroody's metaphysical beliefs influence his dietary advice can be seen in his counsel for reducing the consumption of red meat: "The destructive emotion of slaughter is assimilated by the person who eats flesh." (pg. 63). For many, this statement might resonate well with their worldview, but for others this statement will likely be challenged as to it's applicability to the subject of acidity/alkalinity.

"Dr. Baroody's experience in the alternative health field appears to be quite extensive. No doubt he has learned a lot from published medical research and other practitioners, yet much of what he proposes in this book is admittedly derived from his own experience; some of which he still doesn't fully understand himself (for example, read chapter 4 on the "Vagus Nerve"). Those readers who are looking for a book filled with footnotes and documented scientific research will be disappointed with this work.

"What I found most helpful in the book is Dr. Baroody's exhaustive list of foods with a corresponding rating as to their alkaline-forming or acid-forming properties. Dr. Baroody abandons the conventional 0-7-14 pH scale in favor of a scale he developed to measure alkaline-forming and acid-forming foods. Dr. Baroody's scale (pg. 38) ranges from 0.5 to 7.5. All foods below 4.0 are acid-forming and all foods above 4.0 are alkaline-forming.

"The chart I refer to above is alone worth the price of the book. Depending on the readers religious and scientific convictions, the rest of the book may or may not be appreciated."

-----------------------

One more point to note: Dr. Mark Sircus's articles may confuse baking soda with baking powder.

Baking soda is simply bicarbonate of soda. It consists of that one ingredient. It never has aluminum or any other additive included.

Baking powder is a compound often used in cooking. The typical product in the grocery stores usually does have aluminum added, possibly to help prevent caking. This is a bad thing – our bodies cannot use aluminum, and it is toxic!

However, you can find “aluminum-free baking powder” in a health food store. The product I use is Rumford brand “double-acting.” The ingredients are simply:

Calcium acid phosphate
Bicarbonate of soda
Cornstarch

When you caution people “not to use baking soda that has had aluminum added to it,” you are being very misleading, and probably any cook that is “worth her salt,” will laugh when reading your caution-comment. Baking soda NEVER has aluminum added to it. You cannot find such a product anywhere. It is baking POWDER that usually has the aluminum added.

Your comments and cautions are correct, if you just stop confusing baking SODA and baking POWDER!

http://www.life-enthusiast.com/index/Articles/Sircus

witchy1
18th January 2011, 09:49
The old medical texts used to say the first thing a physician must do in treating any patient who is unwell is to alkalyze their body. This has now been removed from the texts. (sorry no link)

Found it................

"Perhaps we should be quoting Dr Arthur C Guyton MD who wrote the Textbook of Medical Physiology (once used in most medical schools):

The first steps in maintaining health is to alkalize the body ( pH or acid/alkaline balance). This is one of the most important aspects of homeostasis. Changes in pH alter virtually all body functions.
The cells of a healthy body are alkaline while the cells of a diseased body are below a pH of 7.0. The more acidic the cell, the sicker we become. If the body cannot alkalize the cells they will become acidic and thus, disease sets in. Our bodies produce acid as a by product of normal metabolism. Since our bodies do not manufacture alkalinity, we must supply the alkalinity from an outside source to keep us from becoming acidic and dying."

http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/terrain/lost_history_of_medicine.htm

Steven
18th January 2011, 14:53
An acidic body does not metabolize well vitamins, trace element and minerals. So, it doesn't help much if when sick, you bombard your system with all sorts of additives, like vitamin D, while your pH is very low. First step would be to increase the pH to be slightly alkaline, then nurture it with additive like Vitamin D and C.

Namaste, Steven

Ammit
18th January 2011, 16:16
This is a great hread but does anyone know how much bicarb we should be using in water as a drink??
Are there others ways to use it besides an aid to cooking??

Blessings

Ammit

Lost Soul
18th January 2011, 17:13
Johnathan - Edgar Cacye said eating three almonds a day prevents cancer. Perhaps you are onto something with your raw almonds.