PDA

View Full Version : Is Humanity Ready for Aliens?

Eric J (Viking)
18th January 2011, 16:29
I believe we are... Do you?...

California Psychologist: Humanity Ready for Aliens

"A California psychologist says human beings may be ready to accept evidence of extra-terrestrial intelligence without widespread panic.

Dr. Albert Harrison of the University of California's Davis campus said such a discovery 'may be far less startling for generations that have been brought up with word processors, electronic calculators, avatars and cell phones as compared with earlier generations,' The Scotsman reported Tuesday.'" UPI

http://www.consciousape.com/assets/379/roswell_alien.jpg

A hundred years ago computers, smartphones, space stations, and other technological wonders existed only in the realm of science fiction. If a UFO had landed on the grounds of the White House back then, most people would have turned to religion for an explanation. The public would have been convinced that the extraterrestrials were demons with malevolent intentions. There would have been widespread panic, and society would be in an upheaval.

Today we live in a high-tech world and the idea that extraterrestrials might visit the Earth isn't so alarming. Decades of science fiction movies about UFO's and alien beings have psychologically prepared us for the arrival of visitors from a galaxy far, far away.

Most Americans have a rudimentary knowledge of quantum physics. We are familiar with the counterintuitive concepts of entanglement, the multi-verse theory, and string theory which posits the existence of 11 dimensions.

If physics makes time travel and the idea of an infinite number of universes seem possible, it's not too much of a stretch for us to believe there's intelligent life forms in the universe.

If the US government has proof that we aren't alone in the universe, I hope they will share that information with the public. Christian fundamentalists will panic, but the vast majority of Americans will make peace with the reality that we are not alone.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/211918

viking

Richard
18th January 2011, 16:49
Hiya Viking :)

My guess is 70-80% or so of humans are not.
And if you ask me, the off-world races aren't ready to associate with us either.

maybe in another century, but not this one.

Perhaps if we showed a willingness to save ourselves, our environment and the species around us that are dying en-masse, maybe.

Eric J (Viking)
18th January 2011, 17:01
Mmm...

Hi Richard, not sure I agree with you...

Initial shock with the knowledge of, and realization, but it won't take long before acceptance.

'another century' .... not sure the planet will last 'another century' ..!

viking

Dale
18th January 2011, 17:08
As a collective, we're a bit more ready to face the reality of ET visitors than we were during the lifetime of Orson Welles, but by no means are we "ready."

For simple proof, take a small trip to Youtube-land.

Richard
18th January 2011, 17:14
For simple proof, take a small trip to Youtube-land.

Prime example Dale, Thank You.

Ammit
18th January 2011, 17:14
Viking I think now would be a good time myself. The alien specific programs people watch nowadays may have de-sensitised the majority. If fear would be based on the simple difference of features or shocking appearance then, I am conviced that now would be good. Last week while walking down the high street and seeing a man with a very badly burned face walk freely without a second glance from most people that I studied. People did not seemed phased by his appearance at all, which was great.

Another century...! Too far away.

Ammit

Eric J (Viking)
18th January 2011, 17:20
Hi Dale...

You tube has actually woken up a lot of people!!

I know we have the 'ridicule' areas ... but also alot of 'serious' or is it sirius... ho ho!!

Yes Ammit ... century !! noooo way ...

viking

DawgBone
18th January 2011, 17:21
But are aliens ready for humans??

irishspirit
18th January 2011, 17:23
Hi Viking,

Hope you are well.

Viking, excellent question asked there.

I think that humanity is ready for contact. Key Work HUMANITY. However, there are many, many people out there that are not ready to contact there own Humanity not alone, ET life.

HURRITT ENYETO
18th January 2011, 17:24
Hi Viking,
Maybe you could put a poll at the top?
I think Humans are ready for contact. I don't think the public are given due credit and doubt there would be mass panic in the streets. And people always point out Orson Wells 'War Of The Worlds' and say 'look what happened' but in that broadcast they said Aliens had landed and were killing people left right and centre, i am not surprised people panicked!!

Also was it the Smithsonian? that did that study to advise the Government about how the public would react to Alien contact and they said no way could they handle it, the world would collapse, they mustn't be told for at least a hundred years or something like that.

That pi**ed me off. I think they are partly to blame for the cover up.
That said Richard has a good point but i hope he is wrong :)

I think Joe Sixpack would probably say "so what, how does it affect me" Unfortunately.

Peace of Mind
18th January 2011, 17:27
Maybe some are, I don't think the populace is thou. We are too judgemental. We still show a lack of respect for many of our Earthly neighbors. There's just too much arrogance, fear, and lack of responsiblitiy. We really don't know whats going on our own planet, so how can we sit (stuck) on this rock called Earth and know what really exist thousands, millions, or even billions of light years away? looking through a high powered lens and taking an occasional sample of space debris is not going to convience me...I'm not that gulible, nor do I trust what our scientist say...not these days, not anymore.

There's too much info out there stating various things about life, space, and so on....I believe we are just being set up again to believe in another well organized plan of disempowerment. Fear something greater then you...Why does the masses believe in things they can't really prove? It's all conditioning.

Peace

18th January 2011, 18:09
This is my very coarse, to-be-taken-with-grains-of-salt hypothesis regarding this situation, lets call it the Tipping Point (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipping_point_%28sociology%29) situation.

First, some things to understand:

Network Effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect) which can be summed up as: "The more people own telephones, the more valuable the telephone is to each owner."

This is analogous and conjoined with Hundredth Monkey Effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_monkey_effect) which can be summed up as: "A learned behavior spreads instantaneously from one group of monkeys to all related monkeys once a critical number is reached."

For a very conservative critical number lets use the example of One-third Hypothesis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-third_hypothesis) although I suspect the actual number, because it is a universal ratio, follows Phi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phi) where the numerator is the critical mass which triggers the exponential manifestation of the whole.

This is all done via Memes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme) which are essentially aetheric programs held within the infinite hologram and can be spread, often maliciously, using Exploits (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_%28computer_security%29) in the Ego.

Lets consider the agenda of The Powers That Were a meme-kit in which is embedded several micro-memes which contain the blueprints to the overall agenda (you could see the micro-memes as RNA in a virus and the virus is the entire meme-kit or macro-meme). Lets look at this macro-meme as a software virus used to parasitize hardware functions (like Stuxnet). Meme exploits weaknesses within untrained (asleep) ego software and manifests its agenda through actions which further the meme's replication to other potentially weak egos (egos with compromised immune systems).

Lets call the meme of TPTW something nice and virulent: TPTW.Serpent.vN.0 (it's likely occurred an infinite number of times before and undergone an infinity of mutations, so I use N as infinity rather than 1.0 and the like).

Now lets view Totality/The Infinite as the Body and each individual entity (sentient or not) as Cells in the Body (look at the manifestations of Source as fractal iterations of Itself, represented by the saying 'God made man in his own image').

Over the past n-thousands of years on Earth, TPTW.Serpent.vN.0 somehow manifested in a new and particularly virulent mutation as a challenge to Totality's immune system. Lets view each advanced/awakened sentient entity as an anti-body of the fractal immune system, incarnated here to propagate the anti-meme. Let's call the antimeme Source.Bloodhound.vN.0 (I use bloodhound because it seeks a target once it has the scent).

Currently the well established instances of Source.Bloodhound.vN.0 (lets see these instances of unveiled souls here on Avalon) has begun to achieve near total syntax recognition of the now well propagated TPTW.Serpent.vN.0 (which most of the populous is infected with). Source.Bloodhound.vN.0 then begins to use the Network Effect to exponentially link with other instances of Source.Bloodhound.vN.0 in the network and gains amplitude (always furthering its knowledge of TPTW.Serpent.vN.0's syntax as new instances of Source.Bloodhound.vN.0 are patched into the network via unveiling of Soul/Source Awareness).

Since the coding of Source.Bloodhound.vN.0 is infinitely more elegant and superior to TPTW.Serpent.vN.0, it not only can become aware and immune to TPTW.Serpent.vN.0 but also can reprogram TPTW.Serpent.vN.0 for self-destruction from within the hologram via positive manifestation. When Source.Bloodhound.vN.0 detects a soul in distress, wanting to be unveiled, within the hologram, Source.Bloodhound.vN.0 tickles or nudges the soul with infected ego into a state where infected ego begins to feel strange, like something is ripping through it (we've all felt that sensation in our transition from infected to non-infected/fully unveiled).

Right now my feeling is, through nonlocal dreaming, that Source.Bloodhound.vN.0 is One Second To Midnight where critical mass achievement is concerned. Factors in achieving critical mass are instances of micro-memes to further awakening which are embedded within the macro-meme of Source.Bloodhound.vN.0. Instances of these micro-memes are the Zeitgeist series and also Wikileaks for example. These are doorways presented to the wanting-to-awake-but-don't-know-why-yet instances of egos infected by TPTW.Serpent.vN.0.

Because of the soul prodding of Source.Bloodhound.vN.0 from the inside of the aetheric network, the probability of choosing to enter the doorway onto one's path are greater than 50/50 and favor awakening. TPTW.Serpent.vN.0 is poorly coded and has no code embedded within it that accounts for Soul and therefore is unaware of the soul prodding of the anti-meme. Source.Bloodhound.vN.0 exploits this weakness in TPTW.Serpent.vN.0 and increases the probability of awakening in a prodded instance.

All of this falls right into place with Terence McKenna's Novelty Theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novelty_theory) where by the end of 2012 total Novelty is achieved. 2012 scenario is often misunderstood as Apocalypse where Apocalypse is used as a substitute word for Armageddon when Apocalypse really means Unveiling/Revealing. What we are in right now is the final stages of Armageddon as represented by Kali Yuga (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga) (give it a read and it's fairly obvious Armageddon has been occurring for a long time and is about to end).

"When flowers will be begot within flowers, and fruits within fruits, then will the Yuga come to an end. And the clouds will pour rain unseasonably when the end of the Yuga approaches." Prophetic, no? What with all this flooding...

We're right on track, if not slightly ahead of schedule :)

If you need critical mass, manifest it. Doubt is the only thing that stands in one's way. Doubt not.

With Source.Bloodhound.vN.0 doing it's job efficiently, elegantly, and exponentially, the populous infected with TPTW.Serpent.vN.0 will be met with their instances of the anti-meme soon enough. Critical mass, I feel strongly, is all it takes for ET to actively, subtly, begin aiding in this global rebirth we're about to go through and with ever increasing sightings (particularly armada sightings, those are spectacular) and increases in personal contact (aetheric or otherwise), along with the floundering of TPTW, it is becoming more and more apparent this aid is most definitely under way already.

All the volunteer souls that Dolores Cannon refers to, they didn't just come here to sit down in their Lazy-Boy to watch the show, they came to cause the inception of the show and make sure it is fully executed. They are the anti-meme, all a part of Source's immune response.

This begs me to ask the question... is it mere immune response, or is it the macro fractal iteration of coming of age or birth... and all "the devils are really angels, freeing us from the earth." (In which case, both Source.Bloodhound.vN.0 *and* TPTW.Serpent.vN.0 would be individually and equally essential subroutines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subroutine) within Earth N.0 [which itself would be a subroutine in Galaxy N.0, which would be a subroutine in Universe N.0, which would be a subroutine in Totality N.0] for collective puberty to run its cycle and/or the rebirth cycle where Earth N.0 is a womb capable of many births in its full birth/rebirth/death cycle).

JoshERTW
18th January 2011, 18:26
Great post 000 - Just "feels" like the truth to me, and a good analogy to boot.

I know I'm ready, I've got my wife and most of my immediate family more or less ready - I say we just keep on propogating the truth and breaking people free from "TPTW.Serpent.vN.0"

Do so conciously - pass on stuff like Ancient Aliens or the slew of decently produced UFO / Disclosure / Truth documentaries that are floating around. Unconcious propogation may or may not be part of this process, I suspect it is, though I have no proof. I do know that when I pass information on to others, it gets seen, and there is a definite chance that some of it is absorbed, and then in turn there is a chance that it might even be sent on to still others. If you wanna shake up things in the water you need to make some waves.

13th Warrior
18th January 2011, 18:43
Aliens - No

ETs - Yes

Arrowwind
18th January 2011, 18:44
Today we live in a high-tech world and the idea that extraterrestrials might visit the Earth isn't so alarming. Decades of science fiction movies about UFO's and alien beings have psychologically prepared us for the arrival of visitors from a galaxy far, far away.

Most Americans have a rudimentary knowledge of quantum physics. We are familiar with the counterintuitive concepts of entanglement, the multi-verse theory, and string theory which posits the existence of 11 dimensions.

g

I do not think that it is our technological savoy that makes us ready for aliens... but our spiritual advancement.
So I do think that many around the world will be ready and many not ready.
Many primative cultures that dwell in shamanistic consciousness may be way more ready than a techie from MIT
It all depends on what your world point of view is and what you thinks such contact could bring us

Seems people dwell in the idea of technological advancement from such contacct and therefore think that a tech mind will do well..
but I suspect that tech advancement from aliens would only be the cream on the cake... with so so much more to be revealed in the other layers below the icing.

And I would also say that how we collectivelyrespond to alien contact will very much depend on what the nature and quality of what that contact is...and of couse this could be highly variable considering there are a number of ET groups or ET races out there who's intent may greatly differ.

If they treat us well I assume we will adjust in time but it will be the greatest shock to those who have deep attachments to religous belief systems that do not coincide with their existence or what ever they may have to tell us... so there will me a lot of trauma and release as old systems are forced to shatter in light of the new reality... and depending on an individuals level of attachment much much ego fracturing could occur, driving some people to god only knows what, even suicide.

Agape
18th January 2011, 19:14
I think 'almost ready', not quite yet ...

The problem is that every intelligent space visitor , supposedly more advanced than our 'humanity' is , looking down at this planet is going to scan and evaluate global situation first before ever landing here ,
and how does the 'global state of affairs' look like ?

Likely very chaotic and as illogical as humanity is in its relation to itself , there's too much diversity between people , how they live and feel and what they wish for and how they can't stop fighting against each other .

If majority of terrestrial populace lived in peace and grew up with a basic question : why are we so alone, are we the only form of intelligent life in the Universe,
if people did not have to struggle so much to earn their daily living,
if they did not have to pay taxes to some of their greedy bosses who once promised to organize the chaos
and could instead lift their head to sky , more often than they do..

and there would be a hope and longing to find friends ...

if they did not feel like there's not enough space and cookies for guests , including their own kind,

the initial condition would be fulfilled and doors opened ..

If they could keep a bit rational at the same time and not think that all beyond their heads is 'heavens' or 'god' and all under their feet is a 'hell' ,

it would help to maintain essential balance and conditions for such inter-gallactic meeting..

:grouphug:

Fredkc
18th January 2011, 19:25
A hundred years ago computers, smart-phones, space stations, and other technological wonders existed only in the realm of science fiction.
For good or ill, "people is mostly just people".

Perhaps it is a phenomena of age, but I see little relationship between what you can teach people to use, and their ability to think.

A further example:
Think of all the people right now, driving in cars with GPS mapping systems, and turbo and fuel injected engines, cell phones in their pockets. Should the car stop, I'd guess that 95% of them are limited to:
a) Sending a txt for roadside assistance, and
b) Just sitting there.

The fact we have a society that builds things with lots of right angles, things to plug in, etc just isn't indicative of quality, or critical thinking.

100 years ago... If a UFO had landed on the grounds of the White House back then, most people would have turned to religion for an explanation. Whether you go backwards, or forwards from this event, the reaction is pretty much the same. Things like:
Spaniards arriving n the New World. (and here you should consider the reactions of both sides)
Cargo Cults of WWII.
These involved people/beings of equivalent intelligence, tho different technological levels.
Hell, even God had the good sense to hide behind a burning bush. ;)

Looking around this thing we call "alternative media" doesn't show much of a change, either. The first reaction still appears to be either assuming they are, no have to be, either Saviors, or Demons. But other than the fact the Savior, or Demon of the moment happens to have a space ship parked nearby, how is the reaction any different than it's been for centuries?

A consideration:
Huge space ship drops out of the sky. the ship hovers a mile off-shore near the city of Chicago for 12 hours, and leaves. Perhaps, a few hours later, several thousand dead fish drop from the sky (I threw that in just for fun :) ).

For the next 1,000 years you will hear every form of scientific, political, and religious speculation written, and the comments will be endless. Every thing from "false flag", a test from God, a scout ship for an invasion, to... jeez! who knows! What you may never hear, because it isn't in our nature, could well be...

What they needed was a "safe" place to pick up a few million tons of reaction mass, and be on their way to some place really interesting. Perhaps we might manage to earn a small footnote on their map:
"Beware! Cannibals."

As a race I still think we have a ways to go to get passed this "Savior or Demon" thing. Perhaps this lies at the very heart of why they don't drop in for coffee... They simply don't want either job.

Food for thought.
Fred

Eric J (Viking)
18th January 2011, 19:39
Dawgbone, I think you'll find they have been ready for eons...its us they have been waiting for....

Hi Irish, yes excellent thanks...blessings to you and yours as well...yes a few pockets here and there are sill in a slumber but nothing we cannot handle with our knowledge...

Hurrit not quite sure how to do the 'poll thingy' ....maybe the mods can help?

ooo ...great post...but dont try too hard to express yourself!! ... joke! ... Yes I think we are getting closer and closer to the 'tipping point' ...If we compare our conciousness to where we were 10 years ago, it has taken a huge leap. I don't think you can compare where we are today to the 'Orson Welles thing' all those years ago. We are a different kettle of fish now!! Our conciousness has surged ahead and is moving forward each month at an amazing rate... information is seeping out everywhere and folk are starting to question...I find this in my group...folk are starting to talk about it sensibly/intelligently rather than ridicule. Its hitting home.

13th...yes you are correct...I would of thought of them as 'universal brothers and sisters' ... 'alien' sounds a bit 'alien' ... ha ha !!

Hi Arrowwing...yes I couldn't agree with you more. The sooner we measure ourselves with spritual advancement and not technological, the sooner the door will open to the cosmic family. We will.

viking

Menkaure
18th January 2011, 19:40
If stopped on the street, the average person will reply something like this:
Man with camera: "You know the aliens have just landed in Pennsylvania, you'll see it on the news tonight."
Joe Average: Will this affect the big game this weekend? Better not, I got $50 on the Colts."

The average person that is too worried about their kids soccer practice and if her husband finds out she's banging the neighbor, will not care!
The farmer in Bolivia will not care as he's too wrapped up in raising crops to feed his family.
The Geek that is 45 years old and still lives in his parents basement will say, "I knew it all along, I was right!" Then go back to playing Civilization.

In short, the only people that will care are the ones that WANT to care! The Powers-That-Be will be will be out of a job, the technology will give free power to anyone that needs it, The bible-thumpers will re-analyze the bible and see they were right in the first place and continue their thumping without letup (Like today). The majority of people that frequent this board and boards like this will be quietly vindicated and will have a new avenue of discovery that will last as long as they want. AND... The world will burst into an industrial revolution that will dwarf anything of the past.

Yes, I am ready. How about you???

18th January 2011, 19:50
ooo ...great post...but dont try too hard to express yourself!! ... joke! ... Yes I think we are getting closer and closer to the 'tipping point' ...If we compare our conciousness to where we were 10 years ago, it has taken a huge leap. I don't think you can compare where we are today to the 'Orson Welles thing' all those years ago. We are a different kettle of fish now!! Our conciousness has surged ahead and is moving forward each month at an amazing rate... information is seeping out everywhere and folk are starting to question...I find this in my group...folk are starting to talk about it sensibly/intelligently rather than ridicule. Its hitting home.

Hehe! I agree totally! Our overall consciousness is vastly different than it was in Welles' time. Imagine if a Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk landed on the whitehouse lawn in 1938. They'd be quite taken aback by it, I suspect. Now the F-117 is retired and obsolete (although one of the most beautiful Earthly aircraft I've ever seen). On the technological side, since we are now conditioned with images of pseudo-ET technology (mostly through film), it likely wouldn't spook us all that much. Spiritually, we're similarly on a much different level. The egg is now cracking as the chick pecks its way out.

Man with camera: "You know the aliens have just landed in Pennsylvania, you'll see it on the news tonight."
Joe Average: Will this affect the big game this weekend? Better not, I got $50 on the Colts."

The average person that is too worried about their kids soccer practice and if her husband finds out she's banging the neighbor, will not care!
The farmer in Bolivia will not care as he's too wrapped up in raising crops to feed his family.
The Geek that is 45 years old and still lives in his parents basement will say, "I knew it all along, I was right!" Then go back to playing Civilization.

Joe Average will be forced to start caring once full structural folding of his beloved material society is imminent (and this is inevitable). Once something touches his personal life I think he'll start noticing a little more and taking it seriously.

Something as magnificent and monumental (really no way for me to express how awesome this is with words) as full physical contact (also inevitable) with hyper-intelligent and hyper-aware beings isn't something ignorance will withstand. It will literally modify the web of consciousness.

When a baby is born, if s/he's healthy, she cries for a while. Rebirth to a totally novel level of consciousness is no different. Birth = much time spent in the womb and only a short period of time transitioning outside of the womb. Conscious rebirth is no different. We're approaching that transition and yes there will be crying, but it won't last forever. We're going through labor now and yes it's very painful. When the child crowns, the pain will be most intense but very brief.

Makes one wonder about the ever increasing ET activity each year here on Earth and in the solar system. There's nothing quite as exciting and beautiful as the birth of a new level of consciousness, the coming of age of a species so that it can eventually venture into the stars. Wouldn't you want to come witness and/or be a midwife for such a wonderful occasion? *WINK*

We're quickly approaching the dawn of something words alone will never be able to express in its richness.

greybeard
18th January 2011, 20:06

In short, the only people that will care are the ones that WANT to care! The Powers-That-Be will be will be out of a job, the technology will give free power to anyone that needs it, The bible-thumpers will re-analyze the bible and see they were right in the first place and continue their thumping without letup (Like today). The majority of people that frequent this board and boards like this will be quietly vindicated and will have a new avenue of discovery that will last as long as they want. AND... The world will burst into an industrial revolution that will dwarf anything of the past.

Yes, I am ready. How about you???

You got it!!!!
I agree with everything you put so lucidly, except we may not need an industrial revolution as in the same definition as the past. Less might be more.
I believe I would welcome a brother from outer space too.
Thanks
Chris

Peace of Mind
18th January 2011, 20:08
hmmm, interesting...

I agree somewhat…even more so a while ago. But lately, I’ve noticed more people believing in highly speculative stuff without needing little to any proof. I'm still waiting for NASA and/or the Elite to sell personalized space craft. I know Virgin Atlantic was doing something but became quite lately. I don't know anyone that has been outer space. So how can you be choosy in what to trust when dealing with the controllers?

There are some very dangerous things I see happening, and it really has nothing to do with the stuff being discussed…but what the discussions do to the minds. If nothing ever happens (concerning 2012, so called illuminati, etc…) who will be held accountable for breaking up families because certain family members were diligent in persuading the rest of them to trust in the unknown? Who will look like nut cases when nothing happens? I’ve seen people alerting others to a lot of fear based stuff but had nothing at all to back them up. There have been countless far-fetch stories here and abroad, so for me… the act of responsibility is something I look for when looking for the truth. If the presenter of these world changing events have nothing to offer but words of hear say, or lacks the facts to his/her truth …then it must not really be that important to the masses…they are most likely hidden agendas. It’s not really hard to tell (at least not for me) Just look at what people are doing…and what they are not doing…

A caring person would consider what his/her information will do to the recipient, and the recipient’s friends and families. Will the info prepare them, or alienate them? If it is speculative data then it should be spread as such. If it is truth without proof than it should be held until the proof is ready to be disclosed, until that happens…it is just another form of conditioning.

Being honest…are we creating a better environment or a worse one? Are people waking up or being placed in a coma? If you have the ability to put yourself in another persons shoes you will clearly understand where I’m coming from.

If these presenters are worrying about their own safety (it’s understandable), but wouldn’t it be safer to fully disclose as appose to leaking it. I think leaking is just another way of testing the mind set of the populace…training them to believe in what they say is true, make them trust you…. conditioning.

Would you buy a car/house without knowing the full details? In other words…how often do you tell someone the truth without finding yourself having to prove it?

I always go back to a quote I’ve held in a super hero movie. “With great power comes great responsibility”.

Just think about it for a moment….do these presenters really care about your well being, your sanity, your life? I like to think so…but how can they? Not if they want you to spread their stories (stories of a stranger) as truth without proving their authenticity? Surely they have to know how you will look when you are telling others about aliens, 2012, and so on…IMHO, This just creates more division of the people….something that has been successfully going on as long as I can remember.

I can go on about this, but I don’t want this to come off as a rant, or negative post. I’m merely attempting to widen the perspective to the big picture. Everyone is not wired the same way…We are all living in a state of chaos because we are used to taking blind leaps of faith. Until we can trust our selves, be real with each other, and trust each other…we will go nowhere…and fast.

Lets do what we came here to do…be real and be responsible.

Much respect and love to each and every…

Peace

HURRITT ENYETO
18th January 2011, 20:10
As a race I still think we have a ways to go to get passed this "Savior or Demon" thing. Perhaps this lies at the very heart of why they don't drop in for coffee... They simply don't want either job.

Food for thought.
Fred

Yes we do need to get over the whole 'Saviour or Demon thing'
But to my mind i would be welcoming Family
*as long as they were not tring to suck my brains out with their tentacles* (come on, we all know they've got them) :)

Rocky_Shorz
18th January 2011, 20:14
Humans ready? LOL...

how many of you have told your closest friends the hours you spend digging through threads on this forum each day/week?

just because we are looking forward to the day and are ready doesn't mean the grazers could handle having fiction turn real...

Little Ishta
18th January 2011, 20:24
I believe its a 50/50. Some are ready and some are not. Seeing is believing and believing is seeing is the mentality. But more people are starting to be more open to the idea of Aliens being around or even sightings. So much is happening around us. And has been. We are becoming more aware of something out there. I mean how can we think we are the only ones in this vast Universe?? We are not alone.

meeradas
18th January 2011, 20:44
Humanity is as ready for aliens as i "fit into society"... (and that feels much like the "yin yang" symbol looks).

Means i [still] have to adjust myself on a daily basis.

I guess, humans will adjust to any "new" situation quickly.
[My Dad would first smoke a cigar alongside a glass of red wine and then see, what to do...]

Etherios
18th January 2011, 20:45
Humans ready? LOL...

how many of you have told your closest friends the hours you spend digging through threads on this forum each day/week?

just because we are looking forward to the day and are ready doesn't mean the grazers could handle having fiction turn real...

Well yes there will be chaos for a few days weeks.. remember we actually have to realize that our Govs were f...ing us for 50 or so years.

Just because ppl will take it hard doesnt mean we are not rdy. Yes if you go and tell them that ETs are real they WILL laugh at you maybe worse but that doesnt say if disclosure/contact happens they will go to the hill for cover...

Humanity needs a slap in the face to wake up. After that we will see how long it will take to get over this and heal ourselves and the planet.

Seikou-Kishi
18th January 2011, 20:45
There are many humans who would become tribalistic in the face of alien life. It would turn them against the aliens, but it would, perhaps paradoxically, unite the different races against them. These aliens would be the 'out-group' uniting all the different races as a single 'in-group', as opposed to black-vs-white-vs-asian, etc.. Frankly, though, I believe people are harder to surprise than people think. I think there are many who would accept the existence of aliens without so much as a twitch. (Being flippant, this would probably be true of those of us in the UK... we queue up to leave burning buildings lol, it would take more than aliens to shock us)

lightwalker
18th January 2011, 20:59
I think the answer lies in the question.

lightwalker

Zook
18th January 2011, 21:35
http://blogs.1055triplem.com/files/2010/11/Marilyn-manson.jpg

I think humanity is ready for anything.

:smow::typing:

ps: Five gets you ten, extraterrestials could improve this species.

jeannacav
18th January 2011, 21:43
I think since there are at least 2 sides of aliens arriving (based on their departure point) there is good reason to look at both scenarios when asking this question.

We have the very elderly serpent races and their progeny races, and then we have the younger human races.
(The age thing isn't really true as time isn't true, btw)
So, If we were to be greeted with a landing of little grey robots, what should we do?
Or, in Viking's terms is humanity ready?

We have good reason to believe that these little grey robots are self serving yet are in servitude to the serpent races.
(Alex Collier is the easiest reference, but there are others)
We here might not be fooled by them, but how many of our neighbors would be?

If they were to look to us for explanation, what on earth would we say?

"Ummm yes, these are some aliens, so now you see that I was telling a truth."
"But, there are others and these are not to be trusted. Well, I mean they may not be someone we want to trust."
Now, my friend neighbor, I have reason to believe there are others who do have our best interest in mind, but do not go up with these guys, because they may not be safe pilots."

I dunno. This could be really tough.

When Viking asked Is humanity ready?
I immediately thought of the benevolent groups.
But, in all likelihood, they will NOT be the first to show themselves, so even WE should be cautious along with our more naive neighbors.

Does this make sense?

jeanna

@000 OMG that was such a great post!

kinnypa
18th January 2011, 21:44
I don't think it matters if humanity if ready for aliens. We weren't ready for the bubonic plague, but we got over it. (or died trying.)
You could ask anybody if they are ready for whatever comes to mind, and you will always find someone say that they aren't ready for whatever the topic is. If you then thrust them into the situation of having to deal with what they view as a problem now that they're aware of it, you will see how quickly they'll adjust to their new situation.

A case in point would be a recent shooting death in my neighborhood, just a few houses from where I live. The area is usually really quiet, and the death rate from homicide in my province hasn't exceeded one death per year that I can recall, and that's in the years that a homicide has occured. Many of the neighbors were surprised that something like this could happen so close to home. I wasn't, because I had no reason to assume that someone wouldn't be shot in my quiet little neighborhood.

Although my neighbors weren't ready for gunshots in the neighborhood, they'll adjust their thinking, change their considerations and continue life with an appreciation for it and an understanding that although life can change very quickly, so can humanity.

18th January 2011, 21:44
<M. Manson> I think humanity is ready for anything.

HAHAHA!!! My sentiments exactly.

Abbath thinks so too:

http://oi56.tinypic.com/20h3plf.jpg

Eric J (Viking)
18th January 2011, 21:46
LOL excellent Zooky ... ha ha

I think they are in for a shock!!

http://www.guysmyspace.com/myspace-graphics/images/ugly%20people/men/5_ugly_people.jpg

Much improvment here!!

viking

RedeZra
18th January 2011, 21:57
I guess we're ready as we've been bombarded by the Movie Media to accept the assumption of aliens

We are waiting to see whether ET is scifi or scifact

Ancient
18th January 2011, 21:57
The people of this earth who think about such things should be ready, but the vast majority of people on this planet are definitely not ready. Most people when confronted with this truth might very well become incapacitated on some level. As an example take the Brookings Report that was commissioned by NASA in 1960. Its main purpose was to investigate the implications and reactions that the general population might have if past or present extraterrestrial life or artifacts were discovered in our Solar System.

Some excerpts from the report:

"While face-to-face meetings with it [intelligent extraterrestrial life] will not occur within the next 20 years (unless its technology is more advanced than ours, qualifying it to visit Earth), artifacts left at some point in time by these life forms might possibly be discovered through our space activities on the moon, Mars, or Venus." – page 215

"Anthropological files contain many examples of societies, sure of their place in the universe, which have disintegrated when they had to associate with previously unfamiliar societies espousing different ideas and different ways of life; others that survived such an experience usually did so by paying the price of changes in values and attitudes and behavior." – page 215

"Since intelligent life might be discovered at any time via the radio telescope research currently underway, and since the consequences of such a discovery are presently unpredictable because of our limited knowledge of behavior under even an approximation of such dramatic circumstances, two research areas can be recommended––

Continuing studies to determine emotional and intellectual understanding, and attitudes–and successive alterations of them if any–regarding the possibility and consequences of discovering intelligent extraterrestrial life.**

Historical and empirical studies of the behavior of peoples and their leaders when confronted with dramatic and unfamiliar events or social pressures. Such studies might help to provide programs for meeting and adjusting to the implications of such a discovery. Questions one might wish to answer by such studies would include: How might such information, under what circumstances, be presented to or withheld from the public for what ends? What might be the role of the discovering scientists and other decisionmakers regarding release of the fact of discovery?" – pages 215-16

"An individual's reactions to such a radio contact would in part depend on his cultural, religious, and social background, as well as on the actions of those he considered authorities and leaders, and their behavior, in turn would in part depend on their cultural, social, and religious environment. The discovery would certainly be front-page news everywhere; the degree of political or social repercussion would probably depend on leadership's interpretation of (1) its own role, (2) threats to that role, and (3) national and personal opportunities to take advantage of the disruption or reinforcement of the attitudes and values of others. Since leadership itself might have great need to gage the direction and intensity of public attitudes, to strengthen its own morale and for decisionmaking purposes, it would be most advantageous to have more to go on than personal opinions about the opinions of the public and other leadership groups. – page 215

"The knowledge that life existed in other parts of the universe might lead to greater unity of men on Earth, based on the "oneness" of man or on the age-old assumption that any stranger is threatening. Much would depend on what, if anything, was communicated between man and the other beings . . ." – page 215

"The positions of the major American religious denominations, the Christian sects, and the eastern religions on the matter of extraterrestrial life need elucidation. Consider the following: 'The fundamentalist (and anti-science) sects are growing apace around the world . . . For them, the discovery of other life–rather than any other space product–would be electrifying. . . . some scattered studies need to be made both in their home centers and churches and their missions, in relation to attitudes about space activities and extraterrestrial life.'" – page 225, n.34

"If plant life or some subhuman intelligence were found on Mars or Venus, for example, there is on the face of it no good reason to suppose these discoveries, after the original novelty had been exploited to the fullest and worn off, would result in substantial changes in perspective or philosophy in large parts of the American public, at least any more than, let us say, did the discovery of the coelacanth or the panda. – page 225, n.34"

"If superintelligence is discovered, the results become quite unpredictable. It is possible that if the intelligence of these creatures were sufficiently superior to ours, they would choose to have little if any contact with us. On the face of it, there is no reason to believe that we might learn a great deal from them, especially if their physiology and psychology were substantially different from ours."– page 225, n.34

"It has been speculated that, of all groups, scientists and engineers might be the most devastated by the discovery of relatively superior creatures, since these professions are most clearly associated with the mastery of nature, rather than with the understanding and expression of man. Advanced understanding of nature might vitiate all our theories at the very least, if not also require a culture and perhaps a brain inaccessible to earth scientists." – page 225, n.34

"A possible but not completely satisfactory means for making the possibility 'real' for many people would be to confront them with present speculations about the I.Q. of the porpoise and to encourage them to expand on the implications of this situation." – page 226, n.36

"It is perhaps interesting to note that when asked what the consequences of the discovery of superior life would be, an audience of Saturday Review readership chose, for the most part, not to answer the question at all, in spite of their detailed answers to many other speculative questions." – page 226 n.34

"Such studies would include historical reactions to hoaxes, psychic manifestations, unidentified flying objects, etc. Hadley Cantrel's study, 'Invasion from Mars' (Princeton University Press, 1940), would provide a useful if limited guide in this area. Fruitful understanding might be gained from a comparative study of factors affecting the responses of primitive societies to exposure to technologically advanced societies. Some thrived, some endured, and some died." – page 226, n. 37

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brookings_Report

Cheers! :cool:

Fractalius
18th January 2011, 22:04
No one has the right to answer such a question really. Sure speculate. Change the question to, 'Are you ready?', but the idle question to whether one deems the whole of humanity to be ready is the sort of question that 'politicians' think they have a right to answer. A small point but quite a large one when we consider the trap of governance we have allowed. We all want to make judgements and choices for others it seems.

For all we know, the seemingly worst prepared may be totally ready. It may be the dose of reality they require. But someone else's analysis based on their OWN fears decides to deny them this opportunity.

str8thinker
18th January 2011, 22:15
This is a great thread - thanks to all who have contributed so far.

I remember happening to be passing a news stand (in Sydney Australia) just after 9/11 broke and the news hit the papers. The guy ahead of me bought a paper and immediately became engrossed in the sports section at the opposite end. Nothing else in the world mattered to him.

I don't think we will even see an announcement from a politician. There may be some official statement by the military. Unless an alien spacecraft lands in his street, the average person is now conditioned to believe that even if proof exists, big business will have got in way ahead of him and are now handling the whole show. There is little to affect him directly.

That is, unless aliens are deemed to be hostile. If Australians can be brainwashed into sending their best fighting men and women to a faraway land, just as we did in World Wars I and II and now Afghanistan, to fight someone else's dirty war, there will be no problems enlisting them to fight aliens.

I used to know an old guy known as Kalgoorlie Jack. (Kalgoorlie is a gold mining town in Western Australia.) He remembered as a boy in about 1915 standing in its main street watching a string of saddled pack horses being led down it by a uniformed officer shouting "Who'll fill the empty saddles? Who'll fill the empty saddles?" Western Australia lost most of its finest in that war.

jeannacav
18th January 2011, 22:18
Good point, fractalius.

@ancient,
1960 was 51 years ago. Annd this is the point.
We/our 'advisors' etc. have been requoting all this old and shriveled stuff as if it were fresh.

This is now, and we are very different from the way we were in 1960.
Also, note the quotes from the 40's!!

ancient is your right name, I guess.

jeanna

Fractalius
18th January 2011, 22:22
Though, I dont think that we are the same as 80+ years ago. That is, we aren't as gullible to got to war like we did in WW1 and 2.
It is pretty clear that fake alien invasion conspiracy is an impossible scenario. Therefore, people are more ready than not ready.

Arrowwind
18th January 2011, 22:55
There has been an announcement from a recently retired politician... on youtube.... I don't know if I can find it.... here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FoG0Y7103I (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FoG0Y7103I)

slipknotted
19th January 2011, 00:29
would they even want to ? .......... sad to say we are a controlled race we follow and dont act for others only for our self which sad to say is the majority could you imagine if as a race youre brought to a counsle of a alien federation to represent earth and play a sample or earth's history and current event's now you have all the great things humanity is, which can be so grand ....... but the wars over and over again shows the reality of our nature the starving which goes on the homeless the poluting of our planet oh and how about the porn when that comes on ha ha so being controlled like we are by our goverment/world leaders might have some pull but i think the reason for contact would be on their part purely pity for the human race..........sad

Steven
19th January 2011, 00:55
We are ready,
I was not ready to be father,
the kids came and made me ready.

We can look at it from every angles and find Big reasons to say we aren't ready,
but to push the frontiers of the possible you got to navigate a bit further in the impossible.
More novelties in less time,
don't make the mistake to forecast the future from the current situation,
Life has its surprises. Our past is filled up with it.

Thanks for the thread!

Namaste, Steven

kinnypa
19th January 2011, 01:03
We are ready,

Funny. I almost posted the same thing. I remember when my daughter was born thinking "Am I ready? I guess I better be, because she is !"

If ET landed in my driveway, I wouldn't have much choice but to be ready.

Mandala
19th January 2011, 01:19
Steven, I have to agree with you. We are as ready as we can be. Most of the time people don't like change because it akes them away from their comfort zone. Where would we be without some people who pushed the envelope?

Unless one is an adventure seeker or has a quest for the unknown, many people would stay right where they are. Same paradigm, same old everything. Basically we are as ready as we we will ever be unless we decide to wait for a couple of generations to die off.

Adaptation. It can and will happen. If disclosure is made, people will adapt. My daughter made the exact comment to me before I read your analogy post about becoming a parent.

Steven
19th January 2011, 01:53
We share the same perspective. :)

Humanity is capable of Creativity. Sometimes, an incredible challenge is exactly necessary to create a new level of being, that's becoming. Jean-Paul Sarte told us that it was during the nazi's occupation that he felt "really" alive. The creativity was at its best and for him, it was a period of time when he was transformed profoundly.

Let's take a look at the extreme. For example, fanaticism and dogma, indoctrinated deeply in some of us, to the point of hatred, violence, racism. Let them meet a spiritually advance race and see if they will be or not be "transformed" themselves.

The ones "not ready" among us are the ones quite aware of this possibility to happen, frighten to loose control. These people aren't ready, because they are "ready" or focused to maintain control at all cost. These people are the ones among us, exclusively, that are purely not ready. The rest is ready.

Namaste, Steven

davyj0nes
19th January 2011, 02:11
i don't know about anyone else, but i know i'm ready! beam them down scottie. :) (star trek ref)

I believe now is as good a time as any, because there will never be a 'time' when humanity is 'ready' for contact. I think now is a good time, humanity is starting to reflect on the past and all the mistakes it has made. The church, and religion in general is declining in power, and the media has done a good job of conditioning people to aliens. All in all i think things are looking up for the human race. I did ask my dad if he was ready, he said hes ready with his gun, lol. I hope they brought their bulletproof vest with them. (sarcasm)

Dale
19th January 2011, 02:24
We are ready,

We can look at it from every angles and find Big reasons to say we aren't ready,
but to push the frontiers of the possible you got to navigate a bit further in the impossible.

Much appreciation for this post, Steven.

Though I rationalize, on a scientific level, that the masses would panic and riot if introduced to the reality of ET visitors; I feel, on a spiritual level, that such an event may provide each being an opportunity to grow, develop, face their shadows, wonder, think, and play detective.

The world, in her current state, is in a shamble. She is not well. I feel that without some form of responsible, conscious change; our lives may be in jeopardy. The solution, if reached, would be best done by putting all we have on the table, sitting about it, and discussing openly the issues in front of us - not as men, but as spirits.

Rationally, I hold doubts; but spiritually, I know this is the reason I'm here. To be a part of such a change. As we all will be.

Icecold
19th January 2011, 03:16
Well constructed thought 000.

Then using your analogy, the 33 are intent on reducing or eliminating the 'immune response'? But its too far into the process and the process will continue until the program achieves its goal?

Ergo, the immune system would de-activate due to no threat and would not produce its response? So, in the final event, the 33 get their goal fulfilled, but not in the way they envisaged?

19th January 2011, 04:24
Well constructed thought 000.

Then using your analogy, the 33 are intent on reducing or eliminating the 'immune response'? But its too far into the process and the process will continue until the program achieves its goal?

Ergo, the immune system would de-activate due to no threat and would not produce its response? So, in the final event, the 33 get their goal fulfilled, but not in the way they envisaged?

What I feel they are intent on parasitizing, essentially, but not themselves as souls, not at all. The meme wishes to propagate and parasitize others with weakened/unaware egos. However, the meme is not programmed to take into account how mighty the Totality's immune system is and how infinitely marvelous its core program is.

In egos which are so severely compromised, analogous to an autoimmune disease, it would be much harder to purge the meme from one's system but it is still possible. So some compromised egos who will be alive when confronted with ET reality, in the flesh, will have a tough go of it (like the Agent Smith program in the Matrix, which was not programmed to include Love and Creativity for example, it was totally overcome by something beyond its comprehension via Neo's delivery of the Source anti-meme).

The 33, or any other dominating group here on Earth, or anywhere in the Infinite, are doomed to succumb to the absolute 'glory' of Totality so to speak. They do not understand the immune system's full functionality, they are not programmed to, the meme blocks them from understanding (if they understood, they'd not act the way they do at all, because they'd not have the meme), and they will be absorbed and neutralized by Totality's immune response.

Over time all who have the meme and its mutations will be cleansed of it on their soul's own accord. It really all depends what roles they signed up for before they were born into this particular physical level of the Great Dream. This adds another level of complexity to it, and I still have yet to really work this out for myself, there are other things I will need to understand before hand.

Obviously it's much more intricate than we can speak in Earthly words, so I only really have analogy to bounce the ball back and forth through the mirror with, where in actuality what I'm hinting at is something that would be easier to fully see in dreams where the 3d comprehension limitations are stripped away.

I'm going to tell somewhat briefly a couple instances of dream contact, somewhat dealing with the aspect of 'comprehension' to what we're dealing with here in our solar system. Of course there is no way I can prove it to anyone outside of myself (unless they can nonlocally read my dream memories).

The first dream was probably three or so years ago. I was walking/floating down a gravel path surrounded by the greenest of grass on both sides. The sun was in a position indicating morning light, but not like in physical Earth. I could taste the light via something akin to emotion, very subtly. It was warm and pure. On the left side of the path/road there was a small lake, pristine and quiet, very dark indigo water, surrounded by deciduous forests which were in their fall colours, although it was very spring like in temperature. Traveling along the path towards the magnificently crimson hued forest ahead of me which I wanted to venture deeply into, I suddenly found myself on the grass to the right of the path a few yards from where I was. This was a slightly elevated grass hill with forest beyond it. On the hill was a being who's skin was pure white and slightly translucent. It had somewhat of a plastic quality to it, but was very much organic in texture. Not really like any form of skin I have ever seen. (This being was not a grey or any form of being I'd ever heard of). S/he was aurally completely silent, just sitting there. His/her skin was somewhat folded and looked almost old, but new at the same time. I had an urge to physically embrace her/him and did so. The moment we touched, I tightened my embrace and cried the most positively oriented tears I have ever cried. The love in that moment I felt was like sticking your hand in a thousand electric outlets, yet it was gentle and not at all 'shocking'. It was unspeakably warm and kind, that experience. I have absolutely no way of explaining with words the feeling of release I had in that moment. I can't remember how I woke up either, or the rest of the dream. It is overshadowed by the intensity of that encounter.

The dream reality most think is something that just 'happens' when their body falls asleep is just that, a reality. It is a looking glass of sorts. This being, as wild as it may sound, I 100% know was a part of my reality in that moment. The kind of intelligences and sentiences we have with us are so beyond anything I've ever felt on physical Earth. They've unveiled to such a level that they are almost conduits of Source/Totality.

The second dream related to this being happened more recently earlier this year. S/he felt more 'male' this time but still very much ambiguous (just Whole). This dream was Nth dimensional, where a bunch of them, and some 'younger' beings were creating an absolutely massive crop circle though collective thought. They were literally manifesting it in a field of fresh summer wheat. It must have been a mile or two long and rectangular. It was very intricate and appeared as if it might be a 'binary' encoded formation. As I watched them floating above this large field creating this beautiful wonder, I felt their Whole-Mind forming it, but only subtly. I turned to my new/old friend and gazed into his/her eyes which were large and black, perhaps even compound at a microscopic level. The eyes had an interesting texture to them that was glossy yet there was the sense that there was a nano scale matrix of sorts interlaced making the texture 'different'. I then asked him/her if I could see what it was like to see through his/her eyes. S/he said I wasn't yet ready but in time I would be. When the telepathy occurred, the sense of overwhelming love was present, but it was more of a carrier wave as it were. It felt like I was in him/her and s/he was in me. We existed within each other during this communication. When s/he told me I wasn't ready to see through their eyes, I accepted that and knew there was much much more to come in life before that could be possible. I was however given a tiny 'sense' of how they see. That sensation felt as if they could literally see consciousness itself, to exceptionally high resolutions.

From this dream, I am lead to feel that we anthropomorphize them far too strictly. It's not necessarily bad, it's just that we can't comprehend yet just what they are really capable of, so our best frame of reference is our own experience which we try to extrapolate from (I know it doesn't come near to what they perceive though, but we're on the right path).

Having shared that... 33? They, and any group of 'dominance', absolutely do not comprehend that this kind of sentience is even possible. I can see that just in their extrapolated behavior. I truly and honestly wish for them to feel at least something within them crying out so they can rid themselves of their current meme-based programs just like the rest of us. Personally, I've forgiven them. Their trickle-through/trickle-down syntax only helped me wake up faster because I felt how absolutely backwards they think. Sometimes we need to look our shadow in the eyes in the mirror, to understand the starlight that we really are.

Something wonderful is most definitely afoot and my words really can't do it justice.

I can't quote this enough these days... this is from the film Jacob's Ladder:

"Eckhart saw Hell too; he said: 'the only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life, your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you,' he said. 'They're freeing your soul. So, if you're frightened of dying and... you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.'"

Important to keep in our hearts: Each soul is made of the same 'stuff'. No soul is inherently 'evil' or 'good'. A soul is impenetrably perfect, a fractal, holographic, spark of Source. Somewhere along the line, we chose the roles we play. Not one of us are here by 'chance'. Not even the 33 or any group of minions serving them. If we were born light, but never knew what dark looked and felt like, how would we know we were light? This is what 'hell' is for. So light can see what it really is, that it encompasses and is composed of All. Not necessarily light in the sense of luminescent but light as in amplified harmony. It's a fractal iteration of why life exists at all, so Source can express itself and perceive itself. To really know what it is, it needs to perceive its Whole through an infinity of lenses. We're literally all family when you get to the bottom of it, no matter what solar system, what galaxy, what universe, what dimension, we are from... and at some point, we'll all meet again.

ponda
19th January 2011, 05:28
Yeah i think that most of humanity is ready for contact but the problem wouldn't be with the average joe in the street it would be with how the governments and military perceived the 'arrival' and how the msm propaganda machine interpreted the event.

It would probably be very important how the et's presented themselves to the world.

Watch a few youtube vids of people who have seen possible ufo's and most of the people seem excited and elated to have witnessed something that could be described as out of this world.If the et's were truly peaceful and came to enlighten us on the bigger picture i think that most people would be amazed,interested and very welcoming to our visitors.It would definitely be a global consciousness changer IMO.

Eric J (Viking)
19th January 2011, 09:32
We are ready,

Thanks for the thread!

Namaste, Steven

Spot on Steven...

Humanity is capable of Creativity. Sometimes, an incredible challenge is exactly necessary to create a new level of being, that's becoming. Jean-Paul Sarte told us that it was during the nazi's occupation that he felt "really" alive. The creativity was at its best and for him, it was a period of time when he was transformed profoundly.

Let's take a look at the extreme. For example, fanaticism and dogma, indoctrinated deeply in some of us, to the point of hatred, violence, racism. Let them meet a spiritually advance race and see if they will be or not be "transformed" themselves.

The ones "not ready" among us are the ones quite aware of this possibility to happen, frighten to loose control. These people aren't ready, because they are "ready" or focused to maintain control at all cost. These people are the ones among us, exclusively, that are purely not ready. The rest is ready.Namaste, Steven

Again you hit the nail on the head...

Thanks again Steven for your wisdom...blessings to you and family.

viking

Erin
19th January 2011, 10:41
We're probably collectively better off than, say, 100 years ago, but we'll never be 100% ready. At this point, it just needs to happen. The truth needs to come out instantaneously and be widespread.

If humans are good at anything, it's adapting to new sets of circumstances. It won't be easy, but it won't be as hard as people think, either.

Zook
19th January 2011, 13:23
Good Morning Good Avalon ... the Earth says hello!

IMHO, this whole "are humans ready for aliens" line of thinking arose from the paternalistic paradigm of the pre-liberation era. Liberation had its own momentum, to be sure, but the Corporation hijacked it by putting in its own pilots (e.g. Steinem, Hoffman, Friedan, Martin Luther King, etc.). The liberation ideas were good and needed; but as with the case today, the movement managers were theirs, not ours ... part-in-parcel of the social engineering planned and implemented by those who had essentially privatized the US government for their own agenda and profit (e.g. the eugenicists, the banksters, the empire-builders, etc.). Here's an interview of Norman Dodds by G Edward Griffin that gives you some feel for the social engineering that's been going on for about a century (the remaining parts can be found at youtube):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8cC21jB9EE

This social engineering narrative is crucial to understanding the question, "Is humanity ready for aliens?"

Humble opinions all around.

:smow::typing:

Peace of Mind
19th January 2011, 17:18
Yes, Humans have the ability to deal with anything. Every time a crisis comes along people automatically put aside their differences and band together. History has proven this time and time again, in many ways. We lose our power by believing in the unknown and gambling on the uncertainties. I just think believing in aliens (without confirmation) is very dangerous.

There has been much discussion on these boards about the corruption in our governments and our learning institutions. We are slowly finding out that our knowledge in physics is inaccurate (maybe on purpose), and new math such as SubAtomic Kinetics is slated to change the way we calculate. Nasa has pictures in their archives that have been photo shopped and there was an unconfirmed report from an Astronaut claiming to not see the Sun when he was out of the Earths Orbit. Plus, we have the Moon landing controversy, and massive cover ups on what is actually going on beyond our planet. You see where I’m coming from?

Knowing there is deceit…how can you honestly believe there are aliens? Sure I can believe there are IF the universe is as vast as THEY say it is, but can you prove it? All of that space and not one entity out of billions of stars will accidently, or purposely pop in on us? That’s kind of hard to swallow…especially the stuff about universal law and the galactic federation, it all sounds cool and inspiring, but how can you believe this? Why do we constantly look for the easy way out of being responsible? Why do we have to always look for help and/or believe in fairy tales when the truth is right in front of our faces, plain as day?

To me, I think people just choose what flavor of kool aid to drink…all of our info/education comes from these very same people we don’t trust. I think the safest thing to in order for humans to advance is to tackle the problems they already know exist. But, I doubt that will happen because most people are so trained to give their power away to the oppressors, the best we are doing at the moment is just talking behind their backs.
I am starting to notice the pattern that has been played thru out history…

Hopefully others will too…before it is too late.

Peace

19th January 2011, 18:35
Here (http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/21956.asp) is an article from the Technology section of India Daily (which, if you've read David Wilcock's latest update (http://divinecosmos.com/index.php/start-here/davids-blog/909-disclosurecriticalmass), he referenced this site) which I feel is relevant for the topic at hand. Whether this is disinformation or not, it is an interesting read, regardless. Take it with a grain of salt.

Southern Russia Visited by Advanced Extraterrestrial UFOs

Unidentified flying objects began to appear in the sky above the city of Elista, the capital of the Kalmykia Republic (Southern Russia), in December of the outgoing year. The former head of the republic once claimed that he had personally met and communicated with extraterrestrial beings clad in yellow spacesuits. The official urged everyone not to be ashamed of speaking about the aliens in public.

In December of 2010, hundreds of Elista residents could see UFOs appearing in the sky above their heads every ten days of the month, the Nezavisimaya Gazeta wrote. The most recent sighting took place on December 22: eyewitnesses said they saw two concentric circles in the sky from 3 to 7 p.m. local time. The inner circle was rotating clockwise, and the outer one was rotating anticlockwise. Others could see a triangle object with beams of light coming from it.

The two sightings were filmed, and the footage was shown on local television. Reporters said that it could be earth-like atmospheric phenomena, but they promised to investigate the incident thoroughly.

Many residents of Elista treated the phenomenon seriously. The former head of the republic, a multi-millionaire businessman, Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, said he was not surprised about the UFO appearing above the city. Such incidents, the official said, would continue to occur not only in Kalmykia, but in other territories of the Russian Federation too.

"They appear everywhere now. They appear near Moscow, above Moscow, and in many other territories. NASA documents over 4,000 UFO sightings every year. They even now have the ambassador for extraterrestrial contact at the United Nations," Ilyumzhinov, who currently serves as the president of the World Chess Federation said.

According to the official, the present-day faith in aliens is just as natural for people as the faith in gods and supernatural forces that was widely spread thousands of years ago. If you do not believe in aliens, this only demonstrates your arrogance and selfishness, the official said.

"Aliens told me: "You, humans, have not contributed anything to the development of the civilization, and you are cannibals. Isn't this a manifestation of madness - being a cannibal?" the newspaper quoted the official as saying.

Scientists can not give any clear explanation to the "atmospheric phenomenon" in the sky above Elista. Badma Mikhalayev, the chairman of the theoretical physics department of the Kalmyk State University, did not exclude the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations, although, he added, the circles in the sky above Elista could not be treated as a proof for those civilizations to exist.

Russian ufologist Gennady Belimov stated that the mysterious phenomenon above Elista was not the only UFO sighting in Russia's Nizhnevolzhsky region during the recent days.

A female resident of the town of Volzhsky in the Volgograd region told the ufologist that she saw a "rainbow ribbon" around the Moon at night of December 20. Other eyewitnesses said that the sighting lasted for some 30 minutes.

Kirsan Ilyumzhinov gave an interview about his encounter with extraterrestrials to Russia's well-known journalist Vladimir Pozner in the spring of this year. On September 18 1997, he came to his Moscow apartment, read a book, watched TV and was about to fall asleep when he heard someone opening the door of his balcony.

When Ilyumzhinov came up to the balcony, he saw a large semitransparent tube there. He entered the tube and saw human-like creatures in yellow spacesuits there. The communication with them took place with the power of thought, because "there was not enough oxygen inside." The aliens turned out to be rather friendly: they gave Ilyumzhinov a tour of their spaceship and then let him go. They told him that they were not prepared to contact the rest of mankind yet.

Several days after the interview, Andrey Lebedev, a deputy of the State Duma, sent an address to the Russian president requesting an investigation be conducted into Ilyumzhinov's statements. Lebedev said that the Kalmyk official was "concealing something" and could deliver secret information to humanoids when touring their spaceship.

jeannacav
19th January 2011, 19:32
Thank you Uncle Zook.
I used to have an audiotape of this G.E.Griffin with Dodds.
I have also wanted to quote this many time here.

well done... thanks,

jeanna

19th January 2011, 23:32
Another addition for this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV1mrkMWpeg

This is an Alex Collier lecture from 1996. It is excellent and I highly recommend giving it a view. This should add some context to why waking up to reality is so utterly important. Especially when he speaks about density collapse (also could be seen as timeline split). The coarse resolution explained physics of it makes sense to me.

Eric J (Viking)
20th January 2011, 10:09
Santa Claus?

And we still don't know what it is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2iuL4N3REg

viking

58andfixed
21st January 2011, 07:18
Hiya Viking :)

My guess is 70-80% or so of humans are not.
And if you ask me, the off-world races aren't ready to associate with us either.

(...)

Perhaps if we showed a willingness to save ourselves, our environment and the species around us that are dying en-masse, maybe.

I toss my hat in with Richard on this one.

Most of us have difficulty discerning which news source is better: FOX or CNN ? :)

What the herd of minds are doing isn't making a choice, it's a reaction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dt-fdqrd3Q

7m 15s 12,511 views

The title of the video is mis-labeled. Derren uses NLP.

Derren Brown seeds the idea of what Simon Pleggs thinks he needs to have.

58andfixed
21st January 2011, 07:32
I don't think it matters if humanity if ready for aliens. We weren't ready for the bubonic plague, but we got over it. (or died trying.)

Spot on KinnyPa:

Yet, I have a notion of a lot of 'media cultivated framing,' and if one had dug deep enough in decades gone past, the UFO/EBE reality isn't a question as much as all those that have doubts about this reality.

Just how many people would drive into the ditch when a UFO lands on I-15 during rush hour ?

How many would scream when CNN shows the clip on the news ?

I've been following John Naisbitt and his various "Megatrends" editions & approach -- that of tracking the growth & decline of column inches dedicated to various topics. Those will be the agendas supported.

http://www.alibris.com/search/books/author/Naisbitt%2C%20John/aid/3560079

chelmostef
21st January 2011, 08:41
The moment we communicate with the other sentient being on this planet, this is when we are ready.

We have aliens here as animals already yet we do not recognized this, we can not communicate with these beings here intelligently, what makes you think we can with other life forms off world???

Everything is here already we just cant see it from our pedestals.

Are some humans ready I think yes.

humanity? Once we offer our hand of friendship to the Intelligent alien species living here with us. The ones in a completely different world to us, the ocean.

rgray222
21st January 2011, 14:03
Hi Viking, great post.

I think that we have reached a point in time that interaction with other beings is imminent. Every few hundred years we are in for a Galileo Moment and I think the time is near for another one. We need to find things out in increments, "the earth is not flat", "earth is not at the center of the Universe". I believe that it will be revealed in short order that we are not alone in the Universe.

Any person that has given thought to the Universe has already come to this conclusion. Anyone that has actually seen a UFO understands that we are not alone. The speculation of how many stars, planets and galaxies there really are is just speculating, no one really knows. The vastness of the Universe only boggles the mind. The size scope and the amount life in the Universe most likely does not fit in our comfort zone and will be difficult to deal with when we finally start to get answers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qxefwSlnwo

I think things are moving at a very fast pace, partial or full disclosure has happened in at least twenty countries, the Vatican and the UN have told us that alien life probably does exist. I am not necessarily fond of either of these institutions but if you want people around the world to be prepared what better organizations could you have to tell us that there is life beyond earth. People seem to be waking up all the time, not necessarily being enlightened but to the realities beyond our planet.

Many people think that the arrival of alien life will be some sort of false flag but if this is true it will only be a hiccup in history. I don't think that the natural progression of life can be slowed down by any group of people.